Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,731 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1298689 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
wallg123:

lol ... That question was very though....

@Justwise or whatever delete my comment should respect yourself ....

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2020
How much do u need

iphie1984:
me too am in need for pounds
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
RetiredHoodlum:
I've seen some family that migrated to the UK with just 6months tourist visa.. Husband, Wife ND 3 kids....

Please how is this done?
Let yo me they are living free and not as an illegal immigrants.. Is it possible to convert a tourist visa to get a job and start a life there...?
If possible pls how is this done??

You suggestion is highly needed for a friend

Not possible, that family is not telling you the truth

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TrumpsWall: 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
grin ... Nahhh

First word starts with N and second word starts with with F smiley.

Been in a similar situation?

davide470:
@bolded, does it start with i and end with i?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by iphie1984: 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2020
omopapa:
How much do u need

@omopapa like 1 700 to 1,800 pound depends on the rate , can u sEnd me tour contact
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by davide470(m): 11:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
TrumpsWall:
grin ... Nahhh

First word starts with N and second word starts with with F smiley.

Been in a similar situation?

A friend. He cc-ed the end client in every mail and it was resolved after the 3rd mail. It was an overstretch, tbh.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 1:06am On Nov 26, 2020
sammydoe:
abeg guys can someone travel to naija with expired naija international passport ? i also have a current britico passport.

You might be interested

Emergency Travel Certificate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY4M1za35gM
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olinga(f): 1:39am On Nov 26, 2020
Good day everybody.

Please, my total payable tuition fee is £16,950. I got discount of £4,000 and I have paid £7,500 so far, leaving me with a balance of £5,450 payable, my school is located outside London £1023 x 9 = £9207.
A total of £14,657 is needed as POF for me. Using oanda’s exchange rate is will be needing NGN7,415,410

My dad is my sponsor and he has NGN6,954,930
I have about NGN3,000,000 in my personal account, which makes up the POF.
Now the issue is in my account I have withdrawn and deposited funds in it since the past 28days but it has never gone below NGN2,000,000. To be clearer in the last 28days I started with an opening balance of NGN7,000,000 but right now I have about NGN3,000,000.

Please will the inconsistencies in my account be an issue for visa purposes.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 2:42am On Nov 26, 2020
I have sent you PM

iphie1984:
@omopapa like 1 700 to 1,800 pound depends on the rate , can u sEnd me tour contact
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:47am On Nov 26, 2020
Olinga:
Good day everybody.

Please, my total payable tuition fee is £16,950. I got discount of £4,000 and I have paid £7,500 so far, leaving me with a balance of £5,450 payable, my school is located outside London £1023 x 9 = £9207.
A total of £14,657 is needed as POF for me. Using oanda’s exchange rate is will be needing NGN7,415,410

My dad is my sponsor and he has NGN6,954,930
I have about NGN3,000,000 in my personal account, which makes up the POF.
Now the issue is in my account I have withdrawn and deposited funds in it since the past 28days but it has never gone below NGN2,000,000. To be clearer in the last 28days I started with an opening balance of NGN7,000,000 but right now I have about NGN3,000,000.

Please will the inconsistencies in my account be an issue for visa purposes.

From your write up your dad has 6.9M plus 2m (lowestbalance ) total 8.9m for the past 28days and you need 7.4m.... meaning you are good to go.

The guidance doesnt state the account cannot be used so it can be a working account that goes up and down as long as you have the minimum that you need every single day throughout 28days. Also check that your dad account didnt go down during the 28 days

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olinga(f): 7:13am On Nov 26, 2020
LagosismyHome:

From your write up your dad has 6.9M plus 2m (lowestbalance ) total 8.9m for the past 28days and you need 7.4m.... meaning you are good to go.

The guidance doesnt state the account cannot be used so it can be a working account that goes up and down as long as you have the minimum that you need every single day throughout 28days. Also check that your dad account didnt go down during the 28 days

Thank you so much my Dad's balance didn't go down. I appreciate your response

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RetiredHoodlum(m): 7:42am On Nov 26, 2020
Today make it the 14th day after my submission (working days)
I applied for a tourist visa
Please how can I track my docs??
Is there delay from recent submission from on the 9th if this month?

I met 2 ppl on that same day and they go theirs last week (refusal tho.. There was a lil error on their doc).. Why is my still in.??

I can't stop fasting��
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2020
RetiredHoodlum:
Today make it the 14th day after my submission (working days)
I applied for a tourist visa
Please how can I track my docs??
Is there delay from recent submission from on the 9th if this month?

I met 2 ppl on that same day and they go theirs last week (refusal tho.. There was a lil error on their doc).. Why is my still in.??

I can't stop fasting��

Fasting is an unnecessary placebo...... Nah wetin you submit, go determine your outcome........... grin

No spirit fit change anything...... If you are sure of your submission...... No cause for alarm...... cheesy

Pesin wey dey go meet wife, no dey stretch neck..... tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 9:28am On Nov 26, 2020
I am currently trying to renew mine

10months to expiration

Express

32pages....5years
charged 35k

Oggg:

The new enhanced E passport 32 pages valid 5 years is 25k
64 pages valid 5 years is 35k
64 pages valid 10 years is 70k
Anything asides this is entering the official’s passport.
If you are applying in Nigeria, U dnt need any immigration officer to help you, pay online, print ur receipts and forms online and go with all ur documents to their office.
Any documentary requirements tht will be asked are specifically stated on the portal below.

https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

Pls stop falling into scam.
Check the thread below for more advice
https://www.nairaland.com/1969461/cost-nigeria-international-passport/163
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 9:35am On Nov 26, 2020
Abuja headquarter

An immigration contact I got from some one
Vooom:

10months to expiration

Express

32pages....5years
charged 35k

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Oggg: 10:14am On Nov 26, 2020
Vooom:

10months to expiration

Express

32pages....5years
charged 35k
The 10k ontop is his own. enhanced e passport 32 pages is 25k in Lagos ikoyi, Abuja and Phc.
Other states are still using the old e passport and so theirs is 17,800.
Pls U can do it yourself. If u need help respond.
Since you are applyin from Abuja pls get a national id card as you must have a number and the slip no matter even if CG immigration is the one handling it. The NIN appears on the data page of the new enhanced e passport
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:21am On Nov 26, 2020
Na wetin them tell my Neigbour until them kidnap him wife

Lexusgs430:

Fasting is an unnecessary placebo...... Nah wetin you submit, go determine your outcome........... grin

No spirit fit change anything...... If you are sure of your submission...... No cause for alarm...... cheesy

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:23am On Nov 26, 2020
omopapa:
Na wetin them tell my Neigbour until them kidnap him wife

But I hear say you get plenty £££££, to pay ransom..... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:09am On Nov 26, 2020
Chinlov:
Pls I need GBP. Can anyone share mama Tukwas contact or anyone else that deals. Many thanks dear people

Hi Sis. It’s Naira i tend to have. Not £. Hope you’ve been sorted.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chukwuka16: 11:58am On Nov 26, 2020
Still on the UK's descent to nothingness

So for those who have been popping champagne and shouting hurray at Oxford/AstraZeneca's so-called covid-19 trial putting the efficiency of their "concotion" at 90%, well the truth is gradually coming out (see link below - free if you mobile phones).

https://www.ft.com/content/4583fbf8-b47c-4e78-8253-22efcfa4903a

As an academic, one thing the UK is showing me daily is that it is becoming a mediocre country with so much emphasis on baloney (Hancock, BoJo and Gove).

While approval from the USFDA is most likely (since threshold is 50%), we may want to exercise caution and see the long term effects of these cocktails so we don't end up with strange sicknesses in the long-run.

We await more disclosures shortly from their publication.

Caveat: The UK still offers enormous opportunities for young Nigerians as its gradual decline will first need to assume institutional status before it can begin to generate crisis.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hello wonderful People.

Please I need guidance for a Nigerian Chartered Accountant who will be coming to work in the UK, wife is a health worker who already secured a job and resides in the UK.

1. What are the necessary courses or exams he needs to take for a good career start,

2. what are his chances of moving his career ahead in the UK.

3. Is there a support group or social media threads he can follow for proper guidance and mentorship.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adapapaokoye: 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Lol �
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Who woke you up ?.... I thought you went abroad...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
wallg123:

Who woke you up ?.... I thought you went abroad...

While the cats are away............ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2020
Adapapaokoye:

Lol �

Àbi I lie....... cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gbolly101: 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m not sure this is the right platform for this but I have no choice presently , I’ll like to move to Uk to start a career in nursing, the issue is I studied a non related course in university.
1. Is it possible to study nursing for masters for just 2 years ?
2. Can I start another nursing programme for not more than 2 years ?
3. What is the probability of staying after my studies ?
4. I have enough money to put into this but I want to be sure it’ll be worth it at the end.. thanks everyone
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Gbolly101:
Hi everyone, I’m not sure this is the right platform for this but I have no choice presently , I’ll like to move to Uk to start a career in nursing, the issue is I studied a non related course in university.
1. Is it possible to study nursing for masters for just 2 years ?
2. Can I start another nursing programme for not more than 2 years ?
3. What is the probability of staying after my studies ?
4. I have enough money to put into this but I want to be sure it’ll be worth it at the end.. thanks everyone

Option 1: (cheap? Option).
Enroll for a Nursing course in Nigeria. Complete the course. Register in Nigeria as a Rwgistered nurse.
Then migrate to the UK.
Caveat: Ngige+Buhari+ASUU can mess you up big time, unless if you want to go to a School of Nursing, rather than University.

Option 2:
(Depending on what your previous qualifications/experience are):
Get admission for masters in Nursing. A a school that is accredited and be sure you can practice when you finish. You may wish to check Hertfordshire Uni, Dundee Uni (I think masters adult nursing there is for 3 years).

Finally:
Do you want to go into nursing because you have passion for the job, or you simply want to leave Buharigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gbolly101: 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2020
RalphJean:

Option 1: (cheap? Option).
Enroll for a Nursing course in Nigeria. Complete the course. Register in Nigeria as a Rwgistered nurse.
Then migrate to the UK.
Caveat: Ngige+Buhari+ASUU can mess you up big time, unless if you want to go to a School of Nursing, rather than University.

Option 2:
(Depending on what your previous qualifications/experience are):
Get admission for masters in Nursing. A a school that is accredited and be sure you can practice when you finish. You may wish to check Hertfordshire Uni, Dundee Uni (I think masters adult nursing there is for 3 years).

Finally:
Do you want to go into nursing because you have passion for the job, or you simply want to leave Buharigeria?

I want to leave Nigeria lol ...I had the option of going to canada and I have my visit visa ( tho they told me to come and then register for masters in my course ) but I prefer UK. How long is school of nursing and is it equivalent to being a normal nurse too? Or there are programs to go Through again after graduating ?

Thanks for your reply
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yakeeboy: 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hello house I have a pressing issue bothering me. My spouse currently is not bearing my surname on her passport but we have registered for another one which will be out probably by Dec 10 but the issue is her Tuberculosis test is scheduled for Nov 29 and her current passport bears her name. Please can she use her current passport for the TBS? Then use the new passport that will bear my surname for her visa applocation.... Will there be any issue. Please advise
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
Yakeeboy:
Hello house I have a pressing issue bothering me. My spouse currently is not bearing my surname on her passport but we have registered for another one which will be out probably by Dec 10 but the issue is her Tuberculosis test is scheduled for Nov 29 and her current passport bears her name. Please can she use her current passport for the TBS? Then use the new passport that will bear my surname for her visa applocation.... Will there be any issue. Please advise
I assume you guys have proof that you are married (I.e marriage certificate) also let her attach both passports when she’s making her appointment. I also think writing a letter explaining the situation would clear any doubt during the interview appointment... ...

More experience people will advice you further in a little while .... all the best
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
Yakeeboy:

Old passport: her maiden nam
Proposed new passport: your name.

In between old and new passports, has she legally done a change-of-name? If she has, then you will need to attach the documents, including the newspaper cut-out. And a little explanatory note to mention that she is one, and the same person.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2020
U wan make them come rub me? grin

Lexusgs430:

But I hear say you get plenty £££££, to pay ransom..... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.