Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1301362 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:
7 to 10 pounds is even cheaper. I do see 15 to 20pounds here in my area.

I went to Tesco today and got a Wahl product of clipper at 12pounds.

I go learn barbering by force.

Anyhow clipper would mess your hair up........ Oyinbo hair, no be black man hair....... grin

Ọpọlọ eyes no be open eyes..... shocked

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chreze(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2020
Abeg ooo, this NHS money wey person pay so wey big, shey e include scan and test and all that. Abi na just doctor consultation. Cos I see say na dental them say fit no de.

Abeg make una help man. Make man know watin him don pay for already. Cos that money plenty wey person pay for family.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by valcorp: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
Walahi did your talk wan make me cry because I feel dumber than even the TV.
It is well, God dey. Thanks all the same boss.
Lexusgs430:

So in essence, that cheap purchase, is now an expensive mess............ grin

You bought a dumb TV, instead of a smart TV..... grin

Afterall, nah only £80 you pay...... Dump it at your local council tip, invest in a proper TV........ grin

Register with amazon prime, watch live matches or download livetv app and chromecast.......... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
Covers everything except dental checks, eye checks and prescriptions.
Chreze:
Abeg ooo, this NHS money wey person pay so wey big, shey e include scan and test and all that. Abi na just doctor consultation. Cos I see say na dental them say fit no de.

Abeg make una help man. Make man know watin him don pay for already. Cos that money plenty wey person pay for family.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:
7 to 10 pounds is even cheaper. I do see 15 to 20pounds here in my area.

I went to Tesco today and got a Wahl product of clipper at 12pounds.

I go learn barbering by force.

All the best, hopefully you will be able to use it. I bought one like that many years ago thinking I got a good deal only to later realise it was not suitable for black people.I had to give it away.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 9:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
Free tested and trusted clipper recommendation for anyone who needs it: hatteker rechargeable hair clipper rfc-588
Lexusgs430:

Anyhow clipper would mess your hair up........ Oyinbo hair, no be black man hair....... grin

Ọpọlọ eyes no be open eyes..... shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
Chreze:

Surely everything, including 'enlargement', nip and tucks etc grin

Sometimes when I think of the money people pay eh smh ya'll should be asking for consultation every month!! But God no go sick us

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
Chreze:

Welcome to NHS were your IHS fee really does cover a lot regarding health care. Mimilyrics has rightly pointed what it doesnt cover

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chreze(m): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
mimilyrics:
Covers everything except dental checks, eye checks and prescriptions.

Thanks. My mind don come down small.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
Please oh where una say the other fight dey take place? make I go continue my laughter....... Night of a thousand laugh grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chreze(m): 10:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
DisGuy:

Surely everything, including 'enlargement', nip and tucks etc grin

Sometimes when I think of the money people pay eh smh ya'll should be asking for consultation every month!! But God no go sick us

Hahahahaha @part A
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by OBYNOWEST12(m): 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lol

dustydee:

All the best, hopefully you will be able to use it. I bought one like that many years ago thinking I got a good deal only to later realise it was not suitable for black people.I had to give it away.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
mimilyrics:
Free tested and trusted clipper recommendation for anyone who needs it: hatteker rechargeable hair clipper rfc-588

Till you try this set....... grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
Chreze:

When you start reaping the benefits, you would return to apologise.............

Free kids dental all (if your pickins get scatter scatter dentition)..... Free braces....... optometrist (free test + glasses) etc etc

Free GP consultation, free CT scans, free MRI, free investigations, free hospital admissions ...... Free free free.....

Oya, start to apologise.... Or we too go enta the same trousa........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
What is going on here? why so many hidden posts....awon wo lo n jon ara won ni ikuku ni area yii?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chreze(m): 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lexusgs430:

When you stary reaping the benefits, you would return to apologise.............

Free kids dental all (if your pickins get scatter scatter dentition)..... Free braces....... optometrist (free test + glasses) etc etc

Free GP consultation, free CT scans, free MRI, free investigations, free hospital admissions ...... Free free free.....

Oya, start to apologise.... Or we too go enta the same trousa........ cheesy

This is great. Very impressive, tho my pikin never sick since 1 and 1/2 year now. So we de try for that side, but the teeth and eye own de very important to me, because I want regular checkup for pikin for those two.

As an NHS staff, make I apologize to you, when you reach work or if you de work now, make you show your colleagues say your Naija brother de tell them thank you for him pikin future check up.

In fact wait make I wake my pikin and wife make them clap for NHS staff.... after all today na Thursday. grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Olalekank:

Mamatukwas can help with that.

cc mamatukwas

Thank you!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
wonlasewonimi:
What is going on here? why so many hidden posts....awon wo lo n jon ara won ni ikuku ni area yii?

it’s a just and wise man at work o; He removed the fight grin

E remain for the two fighters to remove wig!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chukwuka16: 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
valcorp:
Compound people Una good evening ( including the ones wey dey fight I wan hask kweshon fes, Una fit kwantinu Lara). Please does anyone here use an Amazon Firestick TV. Made a mess by buying a Large TV at a reasonably small price ( 50 inch Samsung at £80) and after unpacking I saw noticed it wasn't a 4k TV and can't return(long story). I need something that will allow son of man watch football weekends (I have missed the disgrace of Arse-anal, d confusion of shelshit, every the horrifying displays of VARunited). I go dey read with phoney abi diction...

You just made my day with the boldened.

Go for a smart TV and connect to your broadband or hotspot and get registered for amazon prime and you are set. All those stick and brushes and physical addons are burdensome. Beauty is that you can watch on your pc and TV and even share login details with folks back home. In time you can add Netflix and enjoy life!

You can even split the bill for monthly subscription and share login details among friends and nice if you have a student around who can help you get a discount - free for 6 months then discounted monthly cost. You even get to enjoy free next day deliveries on amazon!

I see live matches on prime video but scroll by. Usually more interested in their movies.

Just thinking out loud - 50 inches TV for £80 and Samsung! This is serious budgeting.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nawa o mod.

I just say let me finish what I was doing and come and read gist... and you deleted everything. cry

You would have at least taken screenshot now! My weekday is back to being boring now.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
I
Aphrodite007:

it’s a just and wise man at work o; He removed the fight grin

E remain for the two fighters to remove wig!

Dem never tear cloth before justice come separate them? grin

Lexusgs430 come and give me the low down abeg... I dey Strood now

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
Good evening everyone. I honestly don’t even know where to start. But the pandemic affected some plans and now schools says they can’t sort admission process till February or March due to COVID. This is supposed to be an extension to PhD. Visa expires in January. I know nobody has a post-pandemic experience. But is there any way to work around this without having to go back to Nigeria and end up starting start a fresh visa application? I will appreciate every comment and support. I’m just confused. Thank you.

P.S- I have started packing already as I don’t plan to overstay.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
wonlasewonimi:
I

Dem never tear cloth before justice come separate them? grin

Lexusgs430 come and give me the low down abeg... I dey Strood now

Come A&E, I dey Medway Maritime Hospital........... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
Chreze:

This is great. Very impressive, tho my pikin never sick since 1 and 1/2 year now. So we de try for that side, but the teeth and eye own de very important to me, because I want regular checkup for pikin for those two.

As an NHS staff, make I apologize to you, when you reach work or if you de work now, make you show your colleagues say your Naija brother de tell them thank you for him pikin future check up.

In fact wait make I wake my pikin and wife make them clap for NHS staff.... after all today na Thursday. grin

That clapping don end with phase one covid bonanza....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
assumpta1:
Good evening everyone. I honestly don’t even know where to start. But the pandemic affected some plans and now schools says they can’t sort admission process till February or March due to COVID. This is supposed to be an extension to PhD. Visa expires in January. I know nobody has a post-pandemic experience. But is there any way to work around this without having to go back to Nigeria and end up starting start a fresh visa application? I will appreciate every comment and support. I’m just confused. Thank you.

P.S- I have started packing already as I don’t plan to overstay.

I did read although a while now so my info is rusty..on how home office is accepting in country application due to covid. Check .gov website
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 11:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Come A&E, I dey Medway Maritime Hospital........... cheesy

I reject it in Jesus name grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Aphrodite007:
Nawa o mod.

I just say let me finish what I was doing and come and read gist... and you deleted everything. cry

You would have at least taken screenshot now! My weekday is back to being boring now.

Even me sef grin grin and now we can't ask for recap. Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
I appreciate your response. I’ve checked the website but the only thing I’m seeing about extension is that CAS is a requirement. But the uni just made it known yesterday that they cannot process the admission as planned for next month due to a key person been down with the virus or something like that. This is something that had been progressing nicely until this week. And the only thing left was just a final approval.
LagosismyHome:

I did read although a while now so my info is rusty..on how home office is accepting in country application due to covid. Check .gov website
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:15am On Dec 18, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

I reject it in Jesus name grin

Haba..... This patients usually rejected it to, till Jesus the physician told them........... cheesy

Heaven help those, who help themselves........ wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.