Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,285 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1301192 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 12:00am On Jan 28, 2021
Adeyeti:
Hello everyone, pls for those who have done HCPC, what happens if one is unable to pay the scrutiny fee within the specified period.

You should send them an email to notify them, then once the pay link given expires, HCPC will send another pray link
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Shallypop(f): 12:22am On Jan 28, 2021
Aphrodite007:

I have two answers:

1). Yes you can come with the kids since Brazil is visa free for 6 months and you have a right to enter the UK (the student visa).

2). Why would you take two kids (not even 1) to start school? Do you know how stressful induction and initial classes are? Besides these kids will be stuck in the same room with you, screaming or playing while you’re meant to be studying or doing induction trainings. Isn’t it more sensible to wait for school to calm down a bit before you bring them?
Thank u very much. That is the reason I do not want them to stay with me until I'm done with the academic aspect of my study. I didn't just want a sudden detachment of them.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Shallypop(f): 12:24am On Jan 28, 2021
chrisj2:
If you can manage without the children for now, you will be better off getting to the UK as soon as possible before it gets too hard to come to the UK.

You should note that you might even have to stay in a forced hotel quarantine for 10 days at your expense. For the family, that is a lot of money!

Just for sale of two months jolly with the kids, you might be better off concentrating on being a student

However, if money is not an issue and you are able to book the flights without restrictions for the kids, then good luck. Normal times, it should be ok but Pandemic and coming from Nja adds a different dimension.
Noted. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Shallypop(f): 12:26am On Jan 28, 2021
Oggg:

poster is a mum, one can also sense she is genuinely seeking help.. she even stated in her post that ‘she is a bit confused’ (let’s not be harsh with our replies. Shalom!)
Again. .. maybe it’s an attachment thing and she just wants to see her children for sometime since they won’t be staying with her in the Uk during the time of her study, perhaps she also needs family support at such a time.. it could be tough...

@ shallypop, you can bring your kids along with you if you need their support or need them to have a little time with mummy.

However do keep in mind the effect this will have on you and your studies..and settling in also.. and then find out your options with airlines and they going back as unaccompanied minors.
U won’t have to go back with them if you choose this option.
Different airlines have their different policies with age restrictions and all that but this service is top notch and stressless for them. Google unaccompanied minors for each airline you might want to use for them and check the policy.

When they land in Nigeria, they will also only be handed over by the airline to whosoever you have designated as their pick up person. Only this person. Goodluck
Ok. Thank u very much.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ODAVI(m): 1:28am On Jan 28, 2021
My answer will come and others too will give their unbiased opinions if you can answer the below.

Please put on the table here what options are available to you if they are to be in Nigeria,?

Please also give some clarity on what factors you consider � by saying you will return with them after two months only?

I am aware money is not the issue here.
I am aware that restrictions in and out of Uk �� for them might not be an issue cos they have entry permit and you also do. The challenge could be when/what time this movement is done due to pandemic and lockdown restrictions.

Kindly reply the above so it will be better to put in ranking and perspective what is important and what is necessary

avail
Shallypop:
Good evening all. Pls I'm a little bit confused. I have UK student visa and my kids have Brazilian passport which I know is Visa free to the UK for 6 months. I have not entered UK at all with the student visa but I intend to next week. Is it possible to take my kids along with me using their Brazilian passport or i have to enter first, get my BRP before I can pick them? Pls note, they r minors and they don't intend to live in the UK for now. I just want them to spend like 2 months with me before taking them back to Nigeria. Cc Justwise, LagosismyHome. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 5:37am On Jan 28, 2021
Beautiful response.

Small money for for so much work

The Msc program would likely limit u to just UK (not sure 100%)

trust me many international nurses here are making moves on USA and Canada or change fields because the money too small and the work system de quite rigid for some people

Observe things first before jumping in
LagosismyHome:

I saw you tagged me in another post with the same content. . ... I am always cautious about giving advice on field that are not my direct line of hussle because info I have might be generic or hearsay so please do your own finding

This nursing education means you be on tier 4 dependent and be studying?... if yes, There are currently no restrictions on dependants studying in the UK so that ok. However nursing can be intensive and have placements so you might have to pick a struggle . Money or schooling. If you want to school then it might be hard to work in the care job for let's say full time or 40 hours. If you are financially ok then you both can face the school with minimum need to work

On the issue of bsc or msc. I been told in UK no much difference. Both will get you to the end of entering the door in nursing. However I saw a comment that if you decide to go back to Nigeria then Nigeria might not accept that 2 years msc nursing . Apart from going to naija for uk. I would choose MSC over BSC

My problem with nursing is their pay structure for all the effort involved. I dont think it pays well although there is stability.

I would say maybe you come first as a dependent , stay one or two years, study the uk system and then make decisions based on your first hand experience in UK regarding what best.... when you come as you check for care job , also check other areas in admin or support so you dont limit yourself. You might just get a good breakthrough into an area not even thought about and grow from there

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:38am On Jan 28, 2021
Shallypop:
Good evening all. Pls I'm a little bit confused. I have UK student visa and my kids have Brazilian passport which I know is Visa free to the UK for 6 months. I have not entered UK at all with the student visa but I intend to next week. Is it possible to take my kids along with me using their Brazilian passport or i have to enter first, get my BRP before I can pick them? Pls note, they r minors and they don't intend to live in the UK for now. I just want them to spend like 2 months with me before taking them back to Nigeria. Cc Justwise, LagosismyHome. Thanks.

This is not going to be easy even without Covid restrictions and your studies will be affected because you can’t concentrate on online lectures and at the same time give the kids full attention.

Like I said before... in my opinion this is not the right time to travel abroad for studies because you will not get value for your money.

This is a premium long distance learning.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adeyeti: 7:10am On Jan 28, 2021
tushqueen:

You should send them an email to notify them, then once the pay link given expires, HCPC will send another pray link

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatiscoproduct: 7:48am On Jan 28, 2021
Good morning friends, hope you are keeping safe?

Anyone with student life experience in Glasgow?

As naija concern, you know we will have to hustle to complete the school fees, is Glasgow the kind of city you can hustle and meet up with the expenses?

I need honest response please
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 8:49am On Jan 28, 2021
fatiscoproduct:
Good morning friends, hope you are keeping safe?

Anyone with student life experience in Glasgow?

As naija concern, you know we will have to hustle to complete the school fees, is Glasgow the kind of city you can hustle and meet up with the expenses?

I need honest response please

Hustling to pay small small bills and to get by is very very possible.
Hustling in Glasgow to pay school fees balance, without breaking the tier4 rules (20 hours of work per week) will be difficult, very very difficult.

Depends on how much the school fees balance is sha.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:57am On Jan 28, 2021
RalphJean:

Hustling to pay small small bills and to get by is very very possible.
Hustling in Glasgow to pay school fees balance, without breaking the tier4 rules (20 hours of work per week) will be difficult, very very difficult.

Depends on how much the school fees balance is sha.

Extremely difficult..... Near enough impossible....... Not unless you are receiving £100 per hour........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 9:07am On Jan 28, 2021
Business minded Nairalander, we need an African store in Carlisle. Booming African community with only 1 small African store.

Hurry, come and cash out!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Shallypop(f): 9:10am On Jan 28, 2021
justwise:

This is not going to be easy even without Covid restrictions and your studies will be affected because you can’t concentrate on online lectures and at the same time give the kids full attention.

Like I said before... in my opinion this is not the right time to travel abroad for studies because you will not get value for your money.

Noted. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatiscoproduct: 11:07am On Jan 28, 2021
Bo,
Thanks, I studied Mechanical Engineering for my HND and i have 8 years of work experience in Logistics and Supply Chain management. I am applying for MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain management in Glasgow Caledonian University.
RalphJean:

What you left out:
1. The course you studied for the HND

2. The course(s) you would like to pursue in the UK.

Those 2 would go a long way in shaping the kind of responses you will get from folks here.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatiscoproduct: 11:08am On Jan 28, 2021
I am Ok to go without them for now, the idea is to proceed with MSc after the Top up.
LagosismyHome:

Check other schools because with this admission you cant bring your wife and kids. If you dont mind them not moving with you then ok
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
fatiscoproduct:
Bo,
Thanks, I studied Mechanical Engineering for my HND and i have 8 years of work experience in Logistics and Supply Chain management. I am applying for MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain management in Glasgow Caledonian University.

With your relevant work experience you should be able to get a direct masters in your field.
Try other universities. Don't waste your money on so-called top-up courses.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
It looks like mortgage providers are beginning to return to 90% LTV hence, people would start requiring 10% as mortgage deposits. This is now lower than the 85% i.e 15% deposits it was last year. Funny i read it somewhere that 2021 would be a year mortgage providers would literally be begging people to come take mortgages.

https://www.financialreporter.co.uk/mortgages/skipton-returns-to-90-ltv-lending.html
https://www.propertywire.com/news/the-nottingham-returns-to-90-ltv/
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Grace321: 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
Please can an international student do Covid test for free after arriving in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
Oggg:

poster is a mum, one can also sense she is genuinely seeking help.. she even stated in her post that ‘she is a bit confused’ (let’s not be harsh with our replies. Shalom!)
Again. .. maybe it’s an attachment thing and she just wants to see her children for sometime since they won’t be staying with her in the Uk during the time of her study, perhaps she also needs family support at such a time.. it could be tough...

@ shallypop, you can bring your kids along with you if you need their support or need them to have a little time with mummy.

However do keep in mind the effect this will have on you and your studies..and settling in also.. and then find out your options with airlines and they going back as unaccompanied minors.
U won’t have to go back with them if you choose this option.
Different airlines have their different policies with age restrictions and all that but this service is top notch and stressless for them. Google unaccompanied minors for each airline you might want to use for them and check the policy.

When they land in Nigeria, they will also only be handed over by the airline to whosoever you have designated as their pick up person. Only this person. Goodluck

If you’re somehow insinuating my post as harsh, then you read my post wrong. I was genuinely asking why. dunno how else to ask why without ask “why would you..!”
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2021
Shallypop:
Thank u very much. That is the reason I do not want them to stay with me until I'm done with the academic aspect of my study. I didn't just want a sudden detachment of them.

Sweetheart, most of my colleagues are going crazy working with their kids around them. All the love they have just went out the window because the kids keep disturbing them during meetings. Please don’t let that your love for them turn sour. Wait till your holiday to bring them here.

They’ll always have their visa and you’ll have yours as well.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2021
Grace321:
Please can an international student do Covid test for free after arriving in the UK?

As far as you paid your IHS, yes
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatiscoproduct: 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
Actually, my fear is the required expenses to bring them with me. what do i have to show to the embassy before they would give us Visa ?
LagosismyHome:

Check other schools because with this admission you cant bring your wife and kids. If you dont mind them not moving with you then ok
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2021
fatiscoproduct:
Actually, my fear is the required expenses to bring them with me. what do i have to show to the embassy before they would give us Visa ?

Check the current student thread and page 1.... justwise posted all that is required for tire 4 visa and their dependent(s)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Grace321: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2021
Thank you

Aphrodite007:

As far as you paid your IHS, yes
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2021
fatiscoproduct:
Bo,

With that kind of experience, a ‘top up’ may not be necessary.
Unless you have an attachment to GCU, I would look elsewhere.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
justwise:

I now understand this statement.
Anyway, I'm not regretting leaving Nigeria.
But this online course ehn. God help us grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by chrisj2(m): 8:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
Grace321:

It depends on what you need the Covid test for? You can get free test on the NHS if you have symptoms, otherwise it might have to be at private expense.

However, if it is for travel (at this time - only essential travel reasons), then it should be private. Some get away with NHS covid test but it is a risk.

Lastly, if you obtain a test without symptoms, how can you then go and explain it to whoever wanted you to do the test?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Shallypop(f): 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Sweetheart, most of my colleagues are going crazy working with their kids around them. All the love they have just went out the window because the kids keep disturbing them during meetings. Please don’t let that your love for them turn sour. Wait till your holiday to bring them here.

They’ll always have their visa and you’ll have yours as well.
Noted. Thank u very much
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Grace321: 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
I don’t get

chrisj2:

It depends on what you need the Covid test for? You can get free test on the NHS if you have symptoms, otherwise it might have to be at private expense.

However, if it is for travel (at this time - only essential travel reasons), then it should be private. Some get away with NHS covid test but it is a risk.

Lastly, if you obtain a test without symptoms, how can you then go and explain it to whoever wanted you to do the test? smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chinlov: 10:25pm On Jan 28, 2021
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has experience investing in shares in this land and could they share?

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 28, 2021
Try trading212 with very minimal or zero fees, depends on what you want really, you can explore your yearly tax free ISA stocks and Shares of £20K as well. Happy trading.
Chinlov:
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has experience investing in shares in this land and could they share?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.