Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1298782 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oyoolima: 10:51am On Mar 23, 2021
RalphJean:

You don’t know more than the UK Supreme Court, or do you?

If that's what you deduced from what I wrote,who am I to stop you? smiley

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kaad: 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2021
Hi everyone,
Has anyone traveled from Nigeria to Scotland recently after the quarantine hotel was introduced?

I know Nigeria is not on the red list but Scotland is asking all international arrivals to quarantine in the hotel.

Is true that if one arrives in an English airport have a layover and then proceed to Scotland on what will be a local flight you will be allowed to self isolate at home.

Please I need your inputs on this. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2021
Hello House, I hope everyone is doing OK.

Does anyone know a good tailor to make Ankara abi na to wait till when I go house?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by harleybee(f): 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2021
harleybee:
Hello house!
Please who has pounds for naira?
I need to change some naira to pounds.
Thanks

Anyone please?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mumsgirl27(f): 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2021
oscarwilde:

Thanks a lot bruv. Already I’ve done some care certifications my wife recommended. I have ICA(AML) certificate.
But I also just finished PRINCE2, was looking at CBAP and some other courses that’ll see me into PM/BA pathway. What do think about that?

Good Afternoon,

Please which care certifications have u done, I won't mind if u list them

thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 1:35pm On Mar 23, 2021
I do

harleybee:
Hello house!
Please who has pounds for naira?
I need to change some naira to pounds.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 1:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
Your answer is in bold

kaad:
Hi everyone,
Has anyone traveled from Nigeria to Scotland recently after the quarantine hotel was introduced?

I know Nigeria is not on the red list but Scotland is asking all international arrivals to quarantine in the hotel.

Is true that if one arrives in an English airport have a layover and then proceed to Scotland on what will be a local flight you will be allowed to self isolate at home.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ardamz: 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-international-travel-quarantine/pages/what-you-must-do/

kaad:
Hi everyone,

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by harleybee(f): 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
omopapa:
I do

check your mail please, thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2021
DisGuy:
Visa on Arrival...Lori Iro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pItqU5ziv10

Damn! See me banking on the visa on arrival. Nigeria is a scam. Please hence forth, I shall be referred to as Ghanaian. I don tire angry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by stancns(m): 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
Greetings house, I need update on a uk visa given to me
Visa type- D dependant partner.
Am I allowed to work in the Uk with this visa type?
Please I need information. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
stancns:
Greetings house, I need update on a uk visa given to me
Visa type- D dependant partner.
Am I allowed to work in the Uk with this visa type?
Please I need information. Thank you

Dependent on what ?..spouse. tier 2, tier 4 student

However I think all dependant visa are allowed to work. On student thread I noticed there been a lot of errors on the visa been issued and some have no work allowed. In such cases after you arrive in the UK, you need to contact UKVI to correct it .

UKVI is collecting big money in visa fees yet issuing quite a number with errors, maybe covid and remote working is affecting quality control

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2021
missjekyll:

Does anyone know a good tailor to make Ankara abi na to wait till when I go house?

I have a very good nigerian tailor i use. She stays in london

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by stancns(m): 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2021
My wife has a D-tier 2 General Migrant visa working as a nurse

Dependent on what ?..spouse. tier 2, tier 4 student

However I think all dependant visa are allowed to work. On student thread I noticed there been a lot of errors on the visa been issued and some have no work allowed. In such cases after you arrive in the UK, you need to contact UKVI to correct it .

UKVI is collecting big money in visa fees yet issuing quite a number with errors, maybe covid and remote working is affecting quality control [/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
missjekyll:

What style of Ankara do you want to make?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Damn! See me banking on the visa on arrival. Nigeria is a scam. Please hence forth, I shall be referred to as Ghanaian. I don tire angry

Like I said previously, I will try it after many many people can confirm. Some people were actually successful' some didn't even get past British Airways- they should have checked before travelling. What's more worrying is that there's no official govt website with the information' just madam Abike's SM postings

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Oxladeshaq: 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Guys, how does this £12.5k UK tax allowance work,

e.g if i earn £30k per annum, before tax is £2,500 monthly, will I start earning this £2,500 monthly up to the £12.5k tax allowance before I start getting taxed which gives around £2000(20% of 30k) monthly?. I don't know if I am making sense or how does it work?.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
Oxladeshaq:

e.g if i earn £30k per annum, before tax is £2,500 monthly, will I start earning this £2,500 monthly up to the £12.5k tax allowance before I start getting taxed which gives around £2000(20% of 30k) monthly?. I don't know if I am making sense or how does it work?.

In some way yes the £12.5k will be spread across 12 months from April to March each year..... so instead of trying to figure it all, you can just put your salary here and it would give you a guide on tax and take home

https://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/salary.php

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 11:20pm On Mar 23, 2021
Oxladeshaq:

12500 /12 =1041.67 this will be your monthly allowance before tax so 30000/12 = 2500 - 1041.67=£1,458.33 (taxable allowance)this is the amount you will be taxed on
20% of £1,458=291.66 tax payable
Your ni should be about £204
Take home pay should be approx about ( 2,500-292-204)= £2,004 it could be less after pension deductions about 3%.
Hope this helps?

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Oxladeshaq: 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
marylandcakes:

12500 /12 =1041.67 this will be your monthly allowance before tax so 30000/12 = 2500 - 1041.67=£1,458.33 (taxable allowance)this is the amount you will be taxed on
20% of £1,458=291.66 tax payable
Your ni should be about £204
Take home pay should be approx about ( 2,500-292-204)= £2,004 it could be less after pension deductions about 3%.
Hope this helps?
well explained, Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Oxladeshaq: 11:38pm On Mar 23, 2021
LagosismyHome:

In some way yes the £12.5k will be spread across 12 months from April to March each year..... so instead of trying to figure it all, you can just put your salary here and it would give you a guide on tax and take home

https://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/salary.php
super cool!!, very helpful, thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 9:10am On Mar 24, 2021
Irenenwaka:

I have a very good nigerian tailor i use. She stays in london

Yippee. Mind shooting me her contact? Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 9:11am On Mar 24, 2021
marylandcakes:

What style of Ankara do you want to make?

The question is which won't I make?lol

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2021
missjekyll:

The question is which won't I make?lol

I understand, grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:47am On Mar 24, 2021
Good morning Dear Men and Brethren especially the Ancients on the thread:

How many years would you reckon is long enough in one location to make buying a house there sensible. I.e if you know you will spend 4 years in 1 place then move, would you buy a house for the 4 years or rent till you get to your ‘final bus stop’.

Advice me please. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:53am On Mar 24, 2021
Mamatukwas:

How many years would you reckon is long enough in one location to make buying a house there sensible. I.e if you know you will spend 4 years in 1 place then move, would you buy a house for the 4 years or rent till you get to your ‘final bus stop’.

I will definitely buy even if i'm spending 3yrs in that place especially good location, you can always sale or rent it out then move.

If you get a good mortgage deal then go for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 10:00am On Mar 24, 2021
Sorry my network is acting up and posted multiple times angry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:01am On Mar 24, 2021
Mamatukwas:

I choose rent (even though the money was there) when DH was stationed to do a 3 years training. ..... after 3 years I saw how prices had sky rocked and even the area was very rentable.

Looking back it would have been better to buy because after those 3 years if I had bought and later rented the place or sold, both I would never have lost value coupled with the 3 years I would have added to the equity pot than renting that went nowhere

However you must do your home work. Not all areas will be the same

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 10:04am On Mar 24, 2021
justwise:

I will definitely buy even if i'm spending 3yrs in that place especially good location, you can always sale or rent it out then move.

If you get a good mortgage deal then go for it.

Thank you Justwise. The problem is that I don’t know whether this part of Scotland is considered ‘good’. Before you buy and then to sell or rent becomes a problem. That’s the fear.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 10:05am On Mar 24, 2021
LagosismyHome:

I choose rent (even though the money was there) when DH was stationed to do a 3 years training. ..... after 3 years I saw how prices had sky rocked and even the area was very rentable.

Looking back it would have been better to buy because after those 3 years if I had bought and later rented the place or sold, both I would never have lost value coupled with the 3 years I would have added to the equity pot than renting that went nowhere

However you must do your home work. Not all areas will be the same

Your last sentence is the koko. Not all locations are equal in this Queens land. Thanks a lot Sis. Will do some more homework.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:12am On Mar 24, 2021
Ancient of days grin

Mamatukwas:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:15am On Mar 24, 2021
If u see any property u like in any particular area, compare the price of properties in the last 10 years. It shld guide on how well the area is doing in property market

Mamatukwas:

Thank you Justwise. The problem is that I don’t know whether this part of Scotland is considered ‘good’. Before you buy and then to sell or rent becomes a problem. That’s the fear.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.