Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1298825 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 8:22am On Apr 03, 2021
Arhmiee:
Good morning.

I am a masters student here in the UK. I want to know how I can build my credit score because it seems having a good credit score is very important in UK.
In what ways can I build my score as a newbie in UK.

Get to have your details ‘on the system’
1. If you are from Nigeria, register to vote in the UK

2. Ditch that Lebara or Lycamobile phone line. Pick up a cheap, SIM Only contract with mobile phone provider (EE, O2, Three, Vodafone etc...)

3. Although having a credit builder Credit card is cool, if you don’t feel self-disciplined enough, do not take on a credit card yet.

Summary: get your details to be ‘in the system’

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Momakay: 8:33am On Apr 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

You have 2 options of childminders.......

1 - Registered childminders
2 - Unregistered childminders

The former would charge you going rate, which could be as much as £120 daily, assuming you leave your child from 0700 - 1700........

The latter, could charge you £50 daily, considering same timings........

Wonderful! Please how about nursery, I learnt I’m entitled to 15hrs per week ( don’t know if that’s correct tho)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:35am On Apr 03, 2021
Momakay:

Wonderful! Please how about nursery, I learnt I’m entitled to 15hrs per week ( don’t know if that’s correct tho)

I leave that to other mother's to answer.... I don tie my rope.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 8:37am On Apr 03, 2021
Momakay:

Yes, your child will be entitled to 15 hours when they turn 3. https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-and-education-for-2-to-4-year-olds

If you know the area you are moving to, you can Google nurseries around there to get a fair view of the amount they will charge.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:10am On Apr 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Go on youtube and watch videos by Sasha Yanshin........ And a host of other financial vloggers...........

I am not a financial adviser..... I like that guy.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:15am On Apr 03, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

I am not a financial adviser..... I like that guy.

He is very analytical..... A very good teacher..... Financial lessons for dummies........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Momakay: 9:20am On Apr 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Lol Thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Momakay: 9:21am On Apr 03, 2021
tshoboy:

Yes, your child will be entitled to 15 hours when they turn 3. https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-and-education-for-2-to-4-year-olds

If you know the area you are moving to, you can Google nurseries around there to get a fair view of the amount they will charge.

Oh thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:27am On Apr 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

He is very analytical..... A very good teacher..... Financial lessons for dummies........... cheesy

I got to know about trading212s intention to start charging from him even before t212 realised they would cheesy I subbed him when when he had about 100 subs and I have learnt a lot since.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:30am On Apr 03, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

I got to know about trading212s intention to start charging from him even before t212 realised they would cheesy I subbed him when when he had about 100 subs and I have learnt a lot since.

YouTube is actually the main Open University........ cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 11:22am On Apr 03, 2021
Yea pls, I sent you a DM

missjekyll:
Hi omopapa.
I would like some naira please. Can we chat please? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kinvin: 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2021
good day friend pls help me I am a welder and also a pluber, I don't know how to Start making my move pls someone should come to my rescue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2021
Maybe go to a college to do a small course to be certified or start as an apprentice to gain UK experience before u stand on ur own

kinvin:
good day friend pls help me I am a welder and also a pluber, I don't know how to Start making my move pls someone should come to my rescue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kinvin: 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2021
if i am to go to college?
were do u suggest and also apprentice u mentioned how can I start the apprentice trainee pls sorry for my questions
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2021
kinvin:
if i am to go to college?
were do u suggest and also apprentice u mentioned how can I start the apprentice trainee pls sorry for my questions

https://thetradescollege.co.uk/courses/welding/?gclid=CjwKCAjwpKCDBhBPEiwAFgBzj4qAyuqAzbwtA-zoTEqCpit6dAcKS30QusVDKf7PvZMRmnfSzU6YAhoCddwQAvD_BwE

https://tradescollege.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAjwpKCDBhBPEiwAFgBzj_pzysi_Q-PXlyDmTYdtMfNjns40sjRTTu4xWG0UEXTT1nYmSkWxrBoCmBQQAvD_BwE

Don't pay any monies out yet, until you do your research, ask questions and happy to go ahead........

NB : Use Google for enquiries.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by level10: 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2021
Please I need help oo,I already got a dependent visa ,I'm very confused on how to get a job and how to break in to the IT sector please any hints will be appreciated
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Arhmiee(f): 12:11am On Apr 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Go on youtube and watch videos by Sasha Yanshin........ And a host of other financial vloggers...........

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Arhmiee(f): 12:12am On Apr 04, 2021
RalphJean:

Get to have your details ‘on the system’
1. If you are from Nigeria, register to vote in the UK

2. Ditch that Lebara or Lycamobile phone line. Pick up a cheap, SIM Only contract with mobile phone provider (EE, O2, Three, Vodafone etc...)

3. Although having a credit builder Credit card is cool, if you don’t feel self-disciplined enough, do not take on a credit card yet.

Summary: get your details to be ‘in the system’

Thank you. I have registered to vote.
I will look into getting a sim only contract.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:17am On Apr 04, 2021
level10:
Please I need help oo,I already got a dependent visa ,I'm very confused on how to get a job and how to break in to the IT sector please any hints will be appreciated

What IT qualifications do you have?.....

Are your IT qualifications paper based or you can practice contents on your certificate?......

Are your present qualifications up to date or out of date?.....

Can you pass a technical interview?......

If not, up your level, 10 times ......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 5:11am On Apr 04, 2021
Bereallywise:
lol. You're better off buying at the airport before boarding. That way it gets minimal "rough handling".

Yeah. That’ll be the best option if they sell Brioche breads because that’s the one I want to get.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 5:12am On Apr 04, 2021
Irenenwaka:

I thought the breads we have back home are far better than the breads here lool....I would never have imagined that someone would ever want to purchase bread here to take home looool, i find that fascinating

No doubt, our breads are better tasting but I want grandma to taste this Brioche something from “abroad”. Somehow anything from abroad is believed “better” to some extent.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 9:46am On Apr 04, 2021
I heard some bakeries use some ingredients to whiten the bread �. Nafdac no dey try

Angel bread/Abuja bread with ewa agoyin = diet outta the window
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:33am On Apr 04, 2021
DisGuy:
I heard some bakeries use some ingredients to whiten the bread �. Nafdac no dey try

I eat what I like...... So eventually, the undertakers go sabi say, den work for dere money......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 11:24am On Apr 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I eat what I like...... So eventually, the undertakers go sabi say, den work for dere money......... cheesy
Lol grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by chrisj2(m): 11:40am On Apr 04, 2021
It will be interesting to know when Bread was introduced to Nigeria or if and when it was discovered naturally?

But bread eating has been there in medieval times; even in the Bible...

What is also interesting is our take on what we call Nigerian bread and how we extols especially white processed bread or sweetened bread or baps.

There are so many different types of bread that many many Nigerians will not know of and very very few have tried.

So European countries and even the middle East collect their breads everyday fresh from a boulangerie (small baker/bakery shop) and most of them do not produce the type of white Nigerian bread types.

Brioche is just one type - overrated in my view but it sweeten and soft white bread; so I can understand why someone want to take it to nja.

Sour dough bread and whole wheat rough and crusty breads are now the deal from the people that most likely introduced us to white processed breads. And, true, chemical are added to bleach the wheat to produce whiteness and then other preservatives to make them last and the sugar and salt.

We should endeavour to eat less bread overall and more of the good types...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by iCode2: 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
Mamatukwas, good day ma'am!
Abeg check your mail.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
DisGuy:

You are right, I will never eat Nigerian baked bread again unless I know how it was baked, I will take or bake my own or do without.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

And I was going to claim you as my daddy cry
But it used to leak sometimes now, there is still hope for me to claim cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
dustydee:

And I was going to claim you as my daddy cry
But it used to leak sometimes now, there is still hope for me to claim cool

I am intact.... I am never known to leak........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2021
chrisj2:
It will be interesting to know when Bread was introduced to Nigeria or if and when it was discovered naturally?

But bread eating has been there in medieval times; even in the Bible...

What is also interesting is our take on what we call Nigerian bread and how we extols especially white processed bread or sweetened bread or baps.

There are so many different types of bread that many many Nigerians will not know of and very very few have tried.

So European countries and even the middle East collect their breads everyday fresh from a boulangerie (small baker/bakery shop) and most of them do not produce the type of white Nigerian bread types.

Brioche is just one type - overrated in my view but it sweeten and soft white bread; so I can understand why someone want to take it to nja.

Sour dough bread and whole wheat rough and crusty breads are now the deal from the people that most likely introduced us to white processed breads. And, true, chemical are added to bleach the wheat to produce whiteness and then other preservatives to make them last and the sugar and salt.

We should endeavour to eat less bread overall and more than f the good types...

Professor/inspector of the bread Kingdom.... You are doing well........ tongue

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I am intact.... I am never known to leak........ cheesy
grin lipsrsealed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by preciouschiomy: 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
Momakay:
Hello everyone, please I will be coming to the Uk with a 2year old on a tier 2 dependent visa, please I want to know about child’s care, how it works and all. My child will be 3 by September tho. Thanks

My daughter is a year and six months. She is in day nursery (day care) £60 per day. From 7am to 7pm. I stay in Romford. Some areas maybe more expensive.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.