Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (663) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1300853 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2021
fatima04:

Even for those not on shortage occupation? That is nice

Yes
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bangin: 12:35am On Jun 15, 2021
Guys i’m coming in as a student dependant, is it possible for me to get a tier 2 job as a care worker/healthcare assistant?

If possible, what steps can be taken after arrival in the uk.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 1:39am On Jun 15, 2021
bangin:
Guys i’m coming in as a student dependant, is it possible for me to get a tier 2 job as a care worker/healthcare assistant?

If possible, what steps can be taken after arrival in the uk.

Care Worker/ Health Care Assistant are usually typically ‘unskilled’ jobs. You can get a Care worker or HCA job (especially with an agency), but it’s basically to keep soul and body together.

Hopefully you already know that the erstwhile Tier-2 visa is now called SWV skilled worker visa. Not sure if HCA qualifies as skilled work.

There is an exception though- for Nigeria-trained Nurses, you could get a Health and Care visa. Some employers employ Nigeria-trained nurses. Put them on HCA salary scale. Pay for them to take the UK nursing qualifications. When they pass, they are upgraded to Nurses pay.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 9:32am On Jun 15, 2021
Ogilinsaka:

I've always wanted to ask this: I have never seen governors, senators or top individuals at the embassy doing biometrics. How do they go about it. Or are they exempted from biometrics? Please answer. Thanks

Cc justwise please help me with this question. Thanks

I’ve seen lil kesh before at Canadian embassy. He walked pass the crowd in the main hall, along with his team clearing the way, and was led to a separate room. He never came out until I left, so I suppose he still followed the regular queue, just in a VIP section or something.

I would imagine the same for other top people. However, a lot of top individuals already bought a second passport, so they mostly don’t have to apply for visas. Also, diplomatic passports for office holders, give visa-free privilege for many countries, many other countries also allow for online application or other VIP pecks like that for diplomatic passports.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uk2020: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2021
Good day everyone,
I urgently need the services of a barber (preferably Nigerian/African). I live in Birmingham (B13), I have a job interview scheduled for tomorrow and I'd like to look as professional as possible. I just arrived here(in Birmingham), I came during the lock down and I haven't been out and about. If you have any recommendations, please do tell. Also recommend, if possible, places of interest; areas populated by African diaspora or black businesses in particular. It'll be nice to patronize them whenever and wherever possible.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 12:02pm On Jun 15, 2021
Go to Perry Barr, bus 51 or 527 from city centre towards Walsall. The barber shop is opposite Barclays Bank B20 3BJ is the postcode. The barber shop is also beside Glorious African restaurant
Uk2020:
Good day everyone,
I urgently need the services of a barber (preferably Nigerian/African). I live in Birmingham (B13), I have a job interview scheduled for tomorrow and I'd like to look as professional as possible. I just arrived here(in Birmingham), I came during the lock down and I haven't been out and about. If you have any recommendations, please do tell. Also recommend, if possible, places of interest; areas populated by African diaspora or black businesses in particular. It'll be nice to patronize them whenever and wherever possible.
Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uk2020: 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
omopapa:
Go to Perry Barr, bus 51 or 527 from city centre towards Walsall. The barber shop is opposite Barclays Bank B20 3BJ is the postcode. The barber shop is also beside Glorious African restaurant

Thanks a lot! I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by KOVIC19COVID20: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
Uk2020:
Good day everyone,
Thanks

It may shock you that the interviewers will not give a rats ass how your hair looks.
They might care more about the contents of your Medula oblongata (speaking from experience).

Best wishes as you go in for interview.
Just Go blast it bro!!

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uk2020: 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2021
KOVIC19COVID20:

It may shock you that the interviewers will not give a rats ass how your hair looks.
They might care more about the contents of your Medula oblongata (speaking from experience).

Best wishes as you go in for interview.
Just Go blast it bro!!

grin grin grin

Thanks...

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
umarwy:

Yes

Hi Umarwy and other seniors in the house, on this TV license issue. For those who applied for exception and got one, are they allowed to watch local channels. I'm a bit confused here
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Josh121(m): 1:46pm On Jun 15, 2021
tushqueen:

Hi Umarwy and other seniors in the house, on this TV license issue. For those who applied for exception and got one, are they allowed to watch local channels. I'm a bit confused here
According to what was stated here if you are watching live tv local or whatever you have to pay for the license

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bigtt76(f): 2:15pm On Jun 15, 2021
They mostly travel on diplomatic passports or are issued visa through note verbale which is an official communication between a country's foreign affairs department to the embassy or high commission of a destination country requesting passage for its government officials.

They also have protocol departments that handle all of these and if the official presence is required, then he or she goes there

Ogilinsaka:

I've always wanted to ask this: I have never seen governors, senators or top individuals at the embassy doing biometrics. How do they go about it. Or are they exempted from biometrics? Please answer. Thanks

Cc justwise please help me with this question. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Jasonpotter: 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2021
Please what the requirements for scholarships

amanze54:
Dear experience people, I have made my choice of school. Leeds Beckett University. MSc Data Science, 2 yrs.
Please is there any extra thing I need to know about the city, Leeds or the school. I am self sponsored.
Though I have been googling it all through but need input from people live in UK.
The tuition fee is 10,000 after I got 4000 scholarship/discount
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ELff: 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Ever heard of Mamatukwas...... cheesy

Stop been an elf, become a gnome.......... cheesy

Thank you sir.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by monchat(m): 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hello house please for those that apply through student visa OR spouse visa, how did you made payment of fees and IHS using Naira. I am finding it difficult to make payments using my ATM card. I want to make payment in Naira. I can not transfer 2.5M for a spouse visa and IHS using my card. Kindly assist OR advise on the easiest way. Note:- It is not possible for my spouse to make payment in the UK due to some circumstances. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 5:08pm On Jun 15, 2021
monchat:
Hello house please for those that apply through student visa OR spouse visa, how did you made payment of fees and IHS using Naira. I am finding it difficult to make payments using my ATM card. I want to make payment in Naira. I can not transfer 2.5M for a spouse visa and IHS using my card. Kindly assist OR advise on the easiest way. Note:- It is not possible for my spouse to make payment in the UK due to some circumstances. Thank you.

You cannot use naira cards to make payments above $100 a month.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by monchat(m): 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

You cannot use naira cards to make payments above $100 a month.

Please advice what to do
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by revived: 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2021
monchat:

Please advice what to do

Use Barter
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
BouharryArtikou:

Care Worker/ Health Care Assistant are usually typically ‘unskilled’ jobs. You can get a Care worker or HCA job (especially with an agency), but it’s basically to keep soul and body together.

Hopefully you already know that the erstwhile Tier-2 visa is now called SWV skilled worker visa. Not sure if HCA qualifies as skilled work.

There is an exception though- for Nigeria-trained Nurses, you could get a Health and Care visa. Some employers employ Nigeria-trained nurses. Put them on HCA salary scale. Pay for them to take the UK nursing qualifications. When they pass, they are upgraded to Nurses pay.

HCA qualifies as a skilled work and currently on the shortage occupation list.

See below link

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-eligible-healthcare-and-education-jobs/skilled-worker-visa-eligible-healthcare-and-education-jobs
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 7:07pm On Jun 15, 2021
fatima04:

HCA qualifies as a skilled work and currently on the shortage occupation list.

See below link

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-eligible-healthcare-and-education-jobs/skilled-worker-visa-eligible-healthcare-and-education-jobs

@fatima04 you see that bolded there?
That is the koko of the matter. It’s for a reason that that is under nursing auxiliaries. Which was my point in the first instance.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdh15F4gQkk

* MUST WATCH *

**** BE WARNED ***

Komolafe don warn una ó...... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
For those that are interested in pursuing the HCA route, see below information for your use.

Disclaimer:the write up was not put together me and doesn't guarantee a job or visa biko, just outlines the step to take.

For those sending PMs to know more, there you go. I hope it helps someone

Discussion on HCA from Overseas on one of our groups

Skill shortage list

Visit nhs website and put in nursing assistant , senior Carer and healthcare assistant roles etc and sign up for daily alerts.

For those that don’t have health background, you can buy social care health package about 20k and update your CV accordingly

Where can I find this social care health package?

http://www.social-care.tv/courses/course-details?utm_source=smartmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=18th+May+2021+-+Popular+Course+-+Confidentiality

Choose one that relates to the post you want

Add medication if looking for a senior Carer role

http://www.social-care.tv/courses/course-details/1024

As they might be required to do other e-learning courses when they start work too.

https://www.reed.co.uk/courses/care-certificate

https://www.reed.co.uk/courses/health-social-care

These level 3 QCF/NVQ Health and Social Care can help them advance to senior carer or Team leader positions.

For managerial roles, NVQ courses can increase one's chances. Thats how a care home made an NVQ 2 holder deputy manager. So the NVQ courses are way maker for those who can do it some are equivalent to degree and masters.

I am currently doing the level 5 NVQ Health and Social care as I have seen that that is the way if I want to grow to care home management.

Yes o, level 5/6/7 and not too expensive

They will register her for level 5 NVQ immediately after getting this deputy manager position.

Your bsc is equivalent too to apply for registered manager pin

More than 50% are given conditional offer to register for Level 5 NVQ within a certain period, say 1 year.

Except they have Masters in healthcare management

I think it might be worth that they chose courses that are accredited and regulated for credibility purpose.

Go for the ones that have QCF/NVQ/RQF written beside it.

Most recognised awarding bodies for Regulated Qualifications:
- City and Guilds
- Training Qualification UK
- Focus Awards
- Highfield Qualifications

If the training provider you decide to go with is registered with 1 or 2 of these awarding bodies, it is safe.
https://deals.oplexcareers.com/course/health-and-social-care-advanced-course/

On can do:
- NVQ/QCF Level 5 diploma in Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care
- Move to Level 6 Healthcare/ Health Care/Strategicmanagement (equivalent to BSC)
- Then register with Chartered Management Institute for Level 7 Management course/Management and Consultancy course to become a Chartered Manager/Management Consultant

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2021
BouharryArtikou:

@fatima04 you see that bolded there?
That is the koko of the matter. It’s for a reason that that is under nursing auxiliaries. Which was my point in the first instance.

Agreed.

Heard a couple of people got jobs from Nigeria as HCA. For student with no other option, its an opportunity to get a Tier 2 visa with cheaper visa fees.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2021
Lexusgs430:

* MUST WATCH *

**** BE WARNED ***

Good case of if its too good to be true, it probably is a scam. Sadly they keep repackaging different names same strategy and hurting "regular" people
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by amanze54: 7:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
Jasonpotter:
Please what the requirements for scholarships

3k was automatic
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2021
Lexusgs430:

* MUST WATCH *

**** BE WARNED ***

Once you tell me there this business and I have to bring somebody that bring somebody. The minute I hear somebody my brain switches off.....

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:49pm On Jun 15, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Ever heard of Mamatukwas...... cheesy

Stop been an elf, become a gnome.......... cheesy

Thank you Sir.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
fatima04:

Good case of if its too good to be true, it probably is a scam. Sadly they keep repackaging different names same strategy and hurting "regular" people

When would people simply just stop?.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Once you tell me there this business and I have to bring somebody that bring somebody. The minute I hear somebody my brain switches off.....

This formula been around for many years..... Why do people still keep falling....... This greed no dey ever finish........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by amanze54: 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2021
fatima04:
For those that are interested in pursuing the HCA route, see below information for your use.

Disclaimer:the write up was not put together me and doesn't guarantee a job or visa biko, just outlines the step to take.

For those sending PMs to know more, there you go. I hope it helps someone

Discussion on HCA from Overseas on one of our groups

Skill shortage list

Visit nhs website and put in nursing assistant , senior Carer and healthcare assistant roles etc and sign up for daily alerts.

For those that don’t have health background, you can buy social care health package about 20k and update your CV accordingly

Where can I find this social care health package?

http://www.social-care.tv/courses/course-details?utm_source=smartmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=18th+May+2021+-+Popular+Course+-+Confidentiality

Choose one that relates to the post you want

Add medication if looking for a senior Carer role

http://www.social-care.tv/courses/course-details/1024

As they might be required to do other e-learning courses when they start work too.

https://www.reed.co.uk/courses/care-certificate

https://www.reed.co.uk/courses/health-social-care

These level 3 QCF/NVQ Health and Social Care can help them advance to senior carer or Team leader positions.

For managerial roles, NVQ courses can increase one's chances. Thats how a care home made an NVQ 2 holder deputy manager. So the NVQ courses are way maker for those who can do it some are equivalent to degree and masters.

I am currently doing the level 5 NVQ Health and Social care as I have seen that that is the way if I want to grow to care home management.

Yes o, level 5/6/7 and not too expensive

They will register her for level 5 NVQ immediately after getting this deputy manager position.

Your bsc is equivalent too to apply for registered manager pin

More than 50% are given conditional offer to register for Level 5 NVQ within a certain period, say 1 year.

Except they have Masters in healthcare management

I think it might be worth that they chose courses that are accredited and regulated for credibility purpose.

Go for the ones that have QCF/NVQ/RQF written beside it.

Most recognised awarding bodies for Regulated Qualifications:
- City and Guilds
- Training Qualification UK
- Focus Awards
- Highfield Qualifications

If the training provider you decide to go with is registered with 1 or 2 of these awarding bodies, it is safe.
https://deals.oplexcareers.com/course/health-and-social-care-advanced-course/

On can do:
- NVQ/QCF Level 5 diploma in Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care
- Move to Level 6 Healthcare/ Health Care/Strategicmanagement (equivalent to BSC)
- Then register with Chartered Management Institute for Level 7 Management course/Management and Consultancy course to become a Chartered Manager/Management Consultant
Thanks

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gabiomoesu: 11:14am On Jun 16, 2021
Sgtponzihater1 Justwise Lexusgs430 Stenon Fatima04 Eriko2k2 Dupyshoo Dustydee

Morning guys. First off, I'm sorry for tagging so many people.

Thing is I need some solid advice. Now, I came to the UK for studies in February and I plan to be here for a long time. But my girlfriend of many years lives and work in Naija. She holds a BA in English and teaches in a British Secondary school. Lately, we've been discussing routes she can take to get here but she's declared her wish to continue with the same English teaching profession here. I've told her times without number that it doesn't really make sense for a foreigner, whose first language isn't English, would come here and teach native kids regardless of her qualification.

I've tried to advise her to consider signing up for a master's programme in a degree that would qualify her to work a job on the UK Shortage occupations list.

What do you guys think? Please we need as many viable options as we can get. If you're seeing this post and know someone who's moniker I missed out and might be able to share some knowledge, kindly cc them to call their attention to this post.

Thank you guys.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2021
gabiomoesu:
Sgtponzihater1 Justwise Lexusgs430 Stenon Fatima04 Eriko2k2 Dupyshoo Dustydee

Morning guys. First off, I'm sorry for tagging so many people.

Thing is I need some solid advice. Now, I came to the UK for studies in February and I plan to be here for a long time. But my girlfriend of many years lives and work in Naija. She holds a BA in English and teaches in a British Secondary school. Lately, we've been discussing routes she can take to get here but she's declared her wish to continue with the same English teaching profession here. I've told her times without number that it doesn't really make sense for a foreigner, whose first language isn't English, would come here and teach native kids regardless of her qualification.

I've tried to advise her to consider signing up for a master's programme in a degree that would qualify her to work a job on the UK Shortage occupations list.

What do you guys think? Please we need as many viable options as we can get. If you're seeing this post and know someone who's moniker I missed out and might be able to share some knowledge, kindly cc them to call their attention to this post.

Thank you guys.

The best professor of Nigerian history in University of Ibadan, is an American....... cheesy

I say no more...... tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.