Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1301270 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
icon8:

Stop watching too many movies/wasting your time on the internet and start being productive. Has any ‘oyibo’ ever called you any of those names?
several times even today on messenger app

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
Ilekokonit:

So, your wife's best bet is NOT TO RELOCATE OR RESIGN but to first go off sick if the victimization becomes unbearable and then go back and fight it out with them BUT ensuring she sticks to the contents of the organizations employee hand book (which she must devour during her time off sick) but she should NOT relocate to a different city and should NOT resign as the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. she has no guarantee that a new job in a new city will be any better and at worst she should start looking for a job in the same Norwich but never resign before getting a new job as it is easier to get a job whilst you are still in one and any gaps on your CV WILL be used against you in the UK.

God bless you- I feel like you were speaking directly to me.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
Aphrodite007:

This is interesting!! So native Yoruba speakers think in Yoruba? Amazing! I ignorantly thought everyone thinks in English. Thanks for sharing.

There's also the so-called Gestapo shock treatment - if you are sleeping and someone wakes you suddenly with a loud noise (or in the Gestapo's case, probably a slap across the face), the language you speak then is the language you dream and think in and is usually your native language.

For instance, if you woke me suddenly like that, I'd say "What is it?!!". My Igbo grandmother on my mother's side, originally from the Owerri area but who spent years living in both Enugu, then Ibadan and Lagos and speaks fluent Yoruba and the Anambra dialect as well as English, will probably exclaim "O nini?" in her Owerri dialect. And so forth.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
Abba114:
i wont go where people will be calling me mongo, paki, black fvck, chimp and other names like that just to get food
My brother are you aware you fellow Naija brother can use a white mans picture/ profile to chat you up ?.
Meanwhile you said you are unemployed and yet you are busy chatting white people online ? Are you teaching them online tutorial or something else ?…. A black person can still racially abuse you even in Nigeria wey u dey…
In conclusion I can categorically tell you that if you have the opportunity to move overseas you’ll grab it with all 4 legs. Then you go forget all these tails

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
Abba114:
i wont go where people will be calling me mongo, paki, black fvck, chimp and other names like that just to get food

This is not everyday or every week or months experience here, yes some people experience racism here the same way we have some bigots in Nigeria. Even in nairaland here you see the amount of hatred between tribes

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
quivah:
Hi guys.
We are trying to create an account with Nmc-uk. However, this is what we got. What's the way forward because we do not qualify for any of these options.

Join the Nigerian nurses group on NL. They should be alot of help there

https://www.nairaland.com/2863557/nigerian-nurses-midwives-dream-working

This above

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jtech17: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Abba114:

What about senior men on this forum that are educating us on the lifestyle in uk... you think they didn't go through this racism shit right? Or do you think if they have thought like you they would have achieved some of the things they have today...see life is hard everywhere, but I'd rather choose where I make money, live comfortable, manage racism situations by having a thick skin, than living in poverty, unsecured environment and having nonsense hope that E GO BETTER,... didn't see what happened to people that wanted a change in the police department last year at the toll gate..they were killed and nothing was done with all the evidence.. guy wake up.. STOP SNORING ON THE BICYCLE .i will always say it anywhere anytime NIGERIA IS A COUNTRY BUILT ON LIES,.. where I work currently I'm a contract staff and we were promised after the first year we will be transferred to full time staff based on our performance... its 3years now we still dey contract.. no be lie be that... nothing built on lies is worth fighting for .. my regret is not seeing this thread years back... if not I won't be in Nigeria..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by 7barz(f): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
@LagosismyHome @justwise @Tobexin @KOVIC19COVID20 @icon8 @claremont @dustydee @sgtponzihater1 @dupyshoo @BabaAgba22

Thank you for your feedback. I will speak to the agency and see what my options might be.

@fatima04

The bank i took the loan and credit card from was different from my main bank. I have been paying off both loans before i left the UK through my main bank.

@ Lexusgs430

I deserve your criticism but I have been paying back the initial loan before i had to leave the UK abruptly, this was due to the loss of my mum. However, it is no excuse not to have made a plan to complete the payment. I take full responsibility for this.

You mentioned that this may have resulted in 2 CCJs. Checked what it meant and woah! this looks bad! I read that even if I pay it all in full, the CCJ would still be on my file and will most likely continue to have an impact until it is dropped after 6 years. I wasn't able to find out if this can be set aside if i complete the payment before the expiration of the 6 years. Planning to do a check on Trust Registry to see what the status is.

Thank you guys once again.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oluayebenz: 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
I've said it before and I will keep saying it,,,
Nigeria is the most racist country in the world....

Nigerians abroad are more racist than the white, especially those black American/British, they are more racist.
I know what I'm saying......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
oluayebenz:
I've said it before and I will keep saying it,,,
Nigeria is the most racist country in the world....

Nigerians abroad are more racist than the white, especially those black American, they are more racist.
I know what I'm saying......

Your are not far from the truth. We only cannot take what we dish out, hence the noise.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oluayebenz: 4:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Your are not far from the truth. We only cannot take what we dish out, hence the noise.

That's point
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
@omopapa, I sent you an email, please kindly respond when you're less busy. Thank you.

@Justwise, about the issue with my scammer landlord undecided after full payment of the £750 to Yorkshire water, will this have a positive effect on my score? The default will be on my cs details for 6years as well cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
I have
AirBay:
@omopapa, I sent you an email, please kindly respond when you're less busy. Thank you.

@Justwise, about the issue with my scammer landlord undecided after full payment of the £750 to Yorkshire water, will this have a positive effect on my score? The default will be on my cs details for 6years as well cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
AirBay:

Yes it will, good on you for cleaning up that bill, lesson learned.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by JustAPasserBy: 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
erico2k2:

SOme part of it cheap, the other expensive,

Thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
7barz - View my criticisms, like me spanking you with one hand, whilst cuddling you with the other....... grin

View your credit history, by registering with.......
Experian
Equifax
TransUnion

You would see all your 7 bars rapped in 5G......... grin

NB : Not 'may' have resulted in CCJ's, 'WOULD' have resulted in CCJ's......... cheesy

If you started making payments/come to an arrangement, it would be reflected on your credit report..... Once payment is cleared, it would be marked satisfied ........

https://www.checkmyfile.com/articles/if-i-pay-my-ccj-will-it-go-away.htm

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
folaosemen:

Hi Tray2, I somehow stumbled on your post today and I'm really thrilled with your progress in the UK. My wife is a licensed Radiographer with HCPC with 10 years of MRI and CT scan experience but she hasn't been lucky with her job hunt for the past two years. I want to believe that she is probably not doing something right during her application for jobs. You also made mention of STATEMENT OF INFORMATION in your post above. Please what does it mean? Please can you help us with a template if need be. I have noticed her frustrations this past weeks because of the rejection mails she has so far received. Thanks as I await your swift response. Find below my email to send any templates that could be of help to us.
patrick_ose@yahoo.com or omojiate2012@gmail.com

Kindly check your email. I have forwarded one to you. Good luck
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
quivah:
Hi guys.
We are trying to create an account with Nmc-uk. However, this is what we got. What's the way forward because we do not qualify for any of these options.

Using the wrong link. Should be ireg.nmc for international nurses. See the link below https://ireg.nmc-uk.org/
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

For instance, if you woke me suddenly like that, I'd say "What is it?!!". My Igbo grandmother on my mother's side, originally from the Owerri area but who spent years living in both Enugu, then Ibadan and Lagos and speaks fluent Yoruba and the Anambra dialect as well as English, will probably exclaim "O nini?" in her Owerri dialect. And so forth.

I won’t lie, this is amazing.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
Abba114:
to hell with the uk its not heaven i wont endure all this stress just to go where i am not wanted Bleep them

Agreed, no one should ever go where they are not wanted or be in a relationship they don't want jare my brother or sister. Please enjoy the naija symbiotic relationship away

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
fatima04:

Agreed, no one should ever go where they are not wanted or be in a relationship they don't want jare my brother or sister. Please enjoy the naija symbiotic relationship away
what are u going to do there?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by quivah(f): 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
fatima04:

Using the wrong link. Should be ireg.nmc for international nurses. See the link below https://ireg.nmc-uk.org/
Oh ty so much
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by quivah(f): 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
@fatima
This is what I am getting when I clicked to register

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Egbon Lexus, were you the Ade - the medical doctor from Kent - that triggered Phrankleen last night? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 11:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:01am On Jun 21, 2021
icon8:
Egbon Lexus, were you the Ade - the medical doctor from Kent - that triggered Phrankleen last night? grin grin grin

Not me o..... I was watching that stream, phrankleen eventually went gangster on him/her......... cheesy

Una people don too dey plenty for UK now and using common names, no dey help..... Adé, olú, ọlá etc etc..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 6:21am On Jun 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Not me o..... I was watching that stream, phrankleen eventually went gangster on him/her......... cheesy

Una people don too dey plenty for UK now and using common names, no dey help..... Adé, olú, ọlá etc etc..... grin

Lol you big men and women in Kent ehn grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:29am On Jun 21, 2021
icon8:

Lol you big men and women in Kent ehn grin

Where the big men & women........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 9:08am On Jun 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Where the big men & women........ wink

Look in the mirror, sir. The answer to your question will stare you right in the face cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:09am On Jun 21, 2021
icon8:

Look in the mirror, sir. The answer to your question will stare you right in the face cheesy

Walahi, my mirrors don crack........ cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ralphlauren(m): 10:05am On Jun 21, 2021
7barz:
@LagosismyHome @justwise @Tobexin @KOVIC19COVID20 @icon8 @claremont @dustydee @sgtponzihater1 @dupyshoo @BabaAgba22

Thank you for your feedback. I will speak to the agency and see what my options might be.

@fatima04

The bank i took the loan and credit card from was different from my main bank. I have been paying off both loans before i left the UK through my main bank.

@ Lexusgs430

I deserve your criticism but I have been paying back the initial loan before i had to leave the UK abruptly, this was due to the loss of my mum. However, it is no excuse not to have made a plan to complete the payment. I take full responsibility for this.

You mentioned that this may have resulted in 2 CCJs. Checked what it meant and woah! this looks bad! I read that even if I pay it all in full, the CCJ would still be on my file and will most likely continue to have an impact until it is dropped after 6 years. I wasn't able to find out if this can be set aside if i complete the payment before the expiration of the 6 years. Planning to do a check on Trust Registry to see what the status is.

Thank you guys once again.

You can forget about getting any job in the financial services industry.

I have seen job offers withdrawn over a default in mobile phone bill.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ralphlauren(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2021
Ilekokonit:

No worries. I myself have been put through the washing machine in the UK by employers for decades that now nothing fazes me and I now tackle them fire for fire as long as I know that I am in the right and that I've been with them for at least 2 years. Racism or expecting me to be subservient just because I am black and have an African accent is something my spirit (which is similar to Fela Kuti's own) will just never take from anyone especially seeing that in my younger days as a Medical student at UI, I dissected the human brain indepth and have seen that it is exactly the same as that of the white mans.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.