Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1296753 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2021
Regex:
Is it me or banana taste like crap here?
Keep the banana for some days make e ripe proper before you chop am. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2021
missjekyll:

Nobody ever held me down to tie a mask to my face. Isn't that what you are advocating with vaccines?
Just herd everyone into a warehouse and jab them. Did I get a proper sense of what you meant by forced vaccinations? Have you given a thought to the ethics.

I have and I find it rather distasteful to be honest.

That should be the least of problems, what you should find distasteful is the attitude of those Anti-maskers and Anti-vaxxers.

I don't know anybody who likes wearing a mask including me but the pandemic situation forced millions of people to wear one because this is beyond your personal and ethical belief

So far 33.2M have been vaccinated which is almost 50% of the population and the figure keep going up daily, i don't think they did it for the fun of it or enjoy getting niddle into their body. They did it for their own health and safety and that of everyone else

So what is so special about bunch of Anti-maskers and Anti-vaxxers that the rest of the world should care about?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Regex: 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
wallg123:

Keep the banana for some days make e ripe proper before you chop am. grin

Shit. I have not thought of that.. grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

What do you call EOL pathway, plus crisis meds and syringe driver treatment ......... grin

Comfort care …. Lol.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2021
gratefulme40:

Comfort care …. Lol.

Absolutely...... A comfortable way to die........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

What do you call EOL pathway, plus crisis meds and syringe driver treatment ......... grin

Palliative care isn't medical euthanasia, except of course, you are suggesting that Macmillian nurses are executioners? You know better than this.

I support medical euthanasia as practiced in Switzerland. If the patient is able to give consent to it, then fine. If unable to give consent, at least 2 independent doctors should provide an assessment of the prognosis. If the doctors says the prognosis is grim and the family members of the patient agree, then it's ethically sensible not to prolong the suffering of the patient. Scotland has recently adopted this.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2021
missjekyll:

Nobody ever held me down to tie a mask to my face. Isn't that what you are advocating with vaccines?
Just herd everyone into a warehouse and jab them. Did I get a proper sense of what you meant by forced vaccinations? Have you given a thought to the ethics.

Indeed. If the government adopts the policy of forced vaccinations, I don't think there will be any healthcare practitioner willing to give the vaccines to people who haven't consented to it. The few who choose to vaccinate without the consent of the patient should be ready to face a test case in court. This is the UK, we don't live in 1944 Nazi Germany.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:26pm On Jul 03, 2021
claremont:

Palliative care isn't medical euthanasia, except of course, you are suggesting that Macmillian nurses are executioners? You know better than this.

I support medical euthanasia as practiced in Switzerland. If the patient is able to give consent to it, then fine. If unable to give consent, at least 2 independent doctors should provide an assessment of the prognosis. If the doctors says the prognosis is grim and the family members of the patient agree, then it's ethically sensible not to prolong the suffering of the patient. Scotland has recently adopted this.

So why the shift from Liverpool care - EOL - and changes are soon happening to EOL pathway.....

Nah question ó....... grin
(without question marks)....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:28pm On Jul 03, 2021
claremont:

I have no opposition to MN, but let's call it what it is...... We still have to find a way to manage dying patients.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:30pm On Jul 03, 2021
claremont:

Read this journal from the BMJ.......

https://spcare.bmj.com/content/3/2/229.2
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 11:36pm On Jul 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Read this journal from the BMJ.......

https://spcare.bmj.com/content/3/2/229.2

I have read it.

''Conclusion: Palliative care should be the focus of all government across the globe so that, terminally and chronically ill persons can be adequately catered for as they approach their end of life. If this is wholly embraced, the request for euthanasia and or assisted suicide will be condemned to the dustbin of history.''
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:38pm On Jul 03, 2021
claremont:

I have read it.

''Conclusion: Palliative care should be the focus of all government across the globe so that, terminally and chronically ill persons can be adequately catered for as they approach their end of life. If this is wholly embraced, the request for euthanasia and or assisted suicide will be condemned to the dustbin of history.''

The devil was in the detail.... wink

An alternative, simply means a spin..... wink

I already have a living will, no syringe driver therapy treatment..... If I die in pain, it's my pain........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2021
Regex:
Is it me or banana taste like crap here?

Sometimes buy from M&S. Theirs is usually on point. Morrison’s banana in particular tastes like disappointment and disgrace. Avoid.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 6:40am On Jul 04, 2021
I have some USDT on binance, with the recent binance restrictions in the UK, would I still he able to sell usdt and receive pounds in my account via p2p trade?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by evalovely: 7:40am On Jul 04, 2021
Hi @mamatukwas,

Please respond to my messages about getting stuff from Nigeria to UK.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kode12: 8:35am On Jul 04, 2021
missjekyll:

Don't wear the mask and you can't enter a bus/taxi. You can't go shopping or other public areas, you won't be allowed to work either, wasn't that the MO all through lockdown?

No one needs to tie you down and vaccinate you, the government only needs to make legislation that'll make it impossible for you to be a part of normal society if you refuse. Anyone who declines vaccination must simultaneously accept living as a recluse. Public health and safety trumps "personal choice" everyday and twice on a Sunday.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kode12: 8:39am On Jul 04, 2021
claremont:

Indeed. If the government adopts the policy of forced vaccinations, I don't think there will be any healthcare practitioner willing to give the vaccines to people who haven't consented to it. The few who choose to vaccinate without the consent of the patient should be ready to face a test case in court. This is the UK, we don't live in 1944 Nazi Germany.
If the government adopts the policy and a doctor follows through, to which law then would the doctor come before?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:58am On Jul 04, 2021
Are your kids pulling a covid sickie, with lemons....... grin

Rather than make lemon juice, they are bunking off..... wink
https://edition.independent.co.uk/edition/uk.co.independent.issue.040721/13593/index.html
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:11am On Jul 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

https://edition.independent.co.uk/edition/uk.co.independent.issue.040721/13593/index.html

Science student everywhere grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:13am On Jul 04, 2021
wallg123:

Science student everywhere grin

We see why they want to regulate social media........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Regex: 9:26am On Jul 04, 2021
Mamatukwas:

Sometimes buy from M&S. Theirs is usually on point. Morrison’s banana in particular tastes like disappointment and disgrace. Avoid.

Which one is M&S?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:30am On Jul 04, 2021
Regex:

Which one is M&S?
Marks and Spenser =M&S …..

Just like D&G = Dog meat and Goat meat grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:30am On Jul 04, 2021
Regex:

Which one is M&S?

Marks & Sparks........ wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kode12: 9:31am On Jul 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

The same kids for which they claimed being away from school was affecting their mental health lol.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:17am On Jul 04, 2021
kode12:

The same kids for which they claimed being away from school was affecting their mental health lol.

Many kids unbelievably self diagnosed themselves with depression....... cheesy

They read about depression, but refused to read the reversal of depression......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2021
evalovely:
Hi @mamatukwas,

Thank you

Running to check. I thought I’d responded to all.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
evalovely:
Hi @mamatukwas,

Thank you
Done. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2021
AirBay:
I have some USDT on binance, with the recent binance restrictions in the UK, would I still he able to sell usdt and receive pounds in my account via p2p trade?
You should be able to swap to GBP and then transfer to your back account using fasterpayment. I got an email from Binance saying withdrawals were still possible and I tried it.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 2:53pm On Jul 04, 2021
Regex:

Which one is M&S?

They have answered you. It’s Marks & Spencer Foodhall. Everything there is just a little bit nicer. Love it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Regex: 2:57pm On Jul 04, 2021
Mamatukwas:

They have answered you. It’s Marks & Spencer Foodhall. Everything there is just a little bit nicer. Love it!

Nicer = expensive.

Got it.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
dustydee:

You should be able to swap to GBP and then transfer to your back account using fasterpayment. I got an email from Binance saying withdrawals were still possible and I tried it.

Ok. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
Regex:

Nicer = expensive.

Got it.

Ahaha exactly. Ensure you check the banana as well. Some are ripe&ready while some are "ripen at home". Have you tried Brioche as well? Now Aldi brioche rolls and sliced one seems to be the best amongst all of them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.