Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,231 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1301113 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Preshyi: 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
She will do just that, thanks
fatima04:

Keep refreshing the page. The dates will open at some point. Mornings between 9 to 10am and evenings do work
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by babajeje123(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
Pounds for sale o, send a dm if interested
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yemolu: 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
Help pls !!
Do you think it's advisable to go for a shared apartment (quite cheap @ £60 per person/week)that doesn't have basic utility bills inclusive except Internet.

How much is the average utility bill (gas , electric and water) for a house shared by 5 occupants ? (Sheffied area)

Or should I just keep looking for an apartment within my budget that has all bills inclusive?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Emeraldvoque: 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2021
Please who has Naira? I want to buy .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 9:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
How much

Emeraldvoque:
Please who has Naira? I want to buy .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 9:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
How much

babajeje123:
Pounds for sale o, send a dm if interested
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ticha: 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2021
Yemolu:
Help pls !!
Do you think it's advisable to go for a shared apartment (quite cheap @ £60 per person/week)that doesn't have basic utility bills inclusive except Internet.

How much is the average utility bill (gas , electric and water) for a house shared by 5 occupants ? (Sheffied area)

Or should I just keep looking for an apartment within my budget that has all bills inclusive?

One of the major issues with non inclusive bills is that the bills are deceptively low in the summer. Come Autumn, Winter and Spring and you get nasty shocks! I'd hang out for all inclusive. Helps you budget better and manage money better. Plus in my experience, sharing bills after is always fraught with but you always leave the heating on, I was home only 2 days this week, you're always washing and flat mates will be close marking each other's use of utilities.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2021
Yemolu:
Help pls !!

How many occupants are in the flat share? If it’s just 2 people it’s ok for Sheffield. But if more than 2 persons just forget about it. Also like the other person advised, look for all bills inclusive if you must rent in a shared flat.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yemolu: 11:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
Lol @ "close marking". I can picture that scene playing out in my head already. Thanks so much for your input.
Ticha:

One of the major issues with non inclusive bills is that the bills are deceptively low in the summer. Come Autumn, Winter and Spring and you get nasty shocks! I'd hang out for all inclusive. Helps you budget better and manage money better. Plus in my experience, sharing bills after is always fraught with but you always leave the heating on, I was home only 2 days this week, you're always washing and flat mates will be close marking each other's use of utilities.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ilekokonit: 1:55am On Jul 17, 2021
Sohot:

The problem is how do you know what they pay for a permanent role when it's an agency and there are no permanent roles.Does one even know what they pay for permanent role ? They won't tell you that..Does this apply to working with a 12 month contract with a private healthcare agency e.g NES healthcare

You are correct in that you will not know exactly how much your permanent counterparts are earning and in the case I mentioned, i only found out about AWR rules when a new agency that took over from my old one paid me higher and then once I mentioned AWR to the old agency they back dated the increase as well.

With working with a 12 month contract with a private healthcare agency e.g NES healthcare, I wouldn't know if it applied to them seeing that it is a fixed term contract and not an ongoing agency temping position and though the only way to find out would have been to find out from them by asking, they could turn around and become nasty if they had been shortchanging their staff , so without evidence that AWR rules apply to them and no way of knowing exactly how much perms in similar roles with the same company earn, i think its better to let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ilekokonit: 2:32am On Jul 17, 2021
Vicas2000:
Hello people I need your opinion before I speak to HM Passport office in the language they will understand.

Few weeks later we received a letter (see attached) requesting for antenatal records and photos of parent during pregnancy to 'confirm' that the child is entitled to British citizenship.

Book an appointment to see your MP and get him/her to write them a letter. That should jumpstart their brain as they are always scared of getting on the wrong side of MP's.

And this applies to any body who feels their rights are trampled upon. A visit to your MP may just do the trick as once they see that letter from your MP with the House of Commons letter headed paper, they start getting jittery.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Arhmiee(f): 7:46am On Jul 17, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please, does anyone know if NMC is actively recruiting midwives the way they are recruiting nurses from overseas.

A lady said she has writing the CBT and is now on the NMC register but when she applied for jobs, recruiters said they are not employing overseas midwives.
I just want to be certain because a family member who is a midwife wants to apply but it is held back b because of what the lady said.

Please anyone with info about this should help me out. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by chrisj2(m): 7:48am On Jul 17, 2021
Passport Office are just being thorough though it seems intrusive and feels unfair because of the perception of discrimination (I did not say racism). I am surprised that they applied the same principle to a child born in the USA. However, our people dey somehow somehow, if you know what I mean?
Send whatever documents that you have; and that should not be that hard as the child was born in the US. You can write a cover letter for the missing docs or items.
* This is not infringing on rights or an MP intervention issue; not yet!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by chrisj2(m): 7:58am On Jul 17, 2021
As things are in Nigeria, they are just making sure it is a genuine application and documents from Nigerians are often treated with suspicion.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Sohot:
Are there any jobs one can do from naija that one doesn't need to be here? The bills and tax are just too much .Naija has its problems but there is a lot of freedom and if you earn in pounds you will live like a king .

DevOps
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bjpumps(f): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2021
Good morning Fatima,

Thank you for the information.

I am in the process of applying for a spousal visa. The hOme Office requested for NARIC. Although, I am doing a Masters at the Cass Business school and therefore have IELTS Academic and of course an admission letter, I still want to do this NARIC things so to cover all the tracks. I have my transcript, certificate and can request for the University of Ibadan letter stating I was taught in English, I will like to know the process with NARIC.

Do I send the 3 documents to NARIC as you stated, pay the required funds and wait for their response? Home Office gave me 14days to respond.

Thank you,

Bolaji

Please any one with correct information may also respond.

fatima04:

No you can obtain Naric instead. Slightly cheaper but can take longer. All you need is a copy of your transcript, certificate and letter from school stating you were taught in English.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by enesty(m): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2021
Please I need suggestions on theses courses
Msc biotechnology
Msc oncology and molecular biology
Msc biomedical sciences
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Pearlyfaze: 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2021
Going to Ireland as a midwife may be Better. Let her try Ireland route as getting sponsorship from NHS or UK Hospitals for Midwife is harder than getting for Registered General Nurse.

Arhmiee:
Hello everyone,

Please, does anyone know if NMC is actively recruiting midwives the way they are recruiting nurses from overseas.

A lady said she has writing the CBT and is now on the NMC register but when she applied for jobs, recruiters said they are not employing overseas midwives.
I just want to be certain because a family member who is a midwife wants to apply but it is held back b because of what the lady said.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2021
enesty:
Msc biotechnology
Msc biomedical sciences

I studied Msc Biotechnology, later on, I discovered Biomedical Sciences would have been the better option. Three of my pals got jobs with NHS, though they have some certifications from Nigeria already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2021
Did anyone travel recently with Palm oil? I heard it's now very difficult to go with it. Can anyone confirm this please?

@house, can I travel with ungrinded crayfish??
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Scholar212(m): 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
enesty:
Msc biotechnology
Msc biomedical sciences
Msc Biomedical science but what is your undergraduate course of study?. If it is Medical lab science you can directly do HCPC registration with IBMS Uk and apply for NHS Jobs after your masters. If it is not, then you need to contact IBMS and know the top courses you should do to be eligible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by enesty(m): 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
I have a bsc in biological sciences of zoology as my first degree
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by level10: 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
Please any ideas

I am currently based in UK and I have a business running in Nigeria
Problem is ,I need help on how to transfer my (profits)money from my naira account to my uk account

Help me guys
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
level10:
Please any ideas

Problem is ,I need help on how to transfer my (profits)money from my naira account to my uk account

Help me guys

You can start selling your Naira to folks here who have needs for Naira back home in exchange for Pounds here. With reasonable rates and some display of integrity over time, more people will patronise you. That way, you can easily dump your Naira with no stress.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
AirBay:
Did anyone travel recently with Palm oil? I heard it's now very difficult to go with it. Can anyone confirm this please?

@house, can I travel with ungrinded crayfish??

Don't attempt palm oil........ It would be removed or seized at any Nigerian airport.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2021
level10:
Please any ideas

Help me guys

Icon8, gave you the perfect answer......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Greathand01: 6:55pm On Jul 17, 2021
Good day, please I have gotten 2 jobs with NHS now after going through numeracy and literacy assessments and MS Teams interviews.
But the bottle neck is now is that they are refusing to grant me COS even after attending their welcome sessions and filling the forms they sent to me.
Please is their other way I can get COS or a visa to work in the UK
Post granted: Clinical Support Worker &, HCA
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bigtt76(f): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2021
Did you make known to them this requirement during your application process? Or you applied as one who doesn't require special visa status?

Greathand01:
Good day, please I have gotten 2 jobs with NHS now after going through numeracy and literacy assessments and MS Teams interviews.
But the bottle neck is now is that they are refusing to grant me COS even after attending their welcome sessions and filling the forms they sent to me.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
bjpumps:
Good morning Fatima,

Thank you for the information.

I am in the process of applying for a spousal visa. The hOme Office requested for NARIC. Although, I am doing a Masters at the Cass Business school and therefore have IELTS Academic and of course an admission letter, I still want to do this NARIC things so to cover all the tracks. I have my transcript, certificate and can request for the University of Ibadan letter stating I was taught in English, I will like to know the process with NARIC.

Do I send the 3 documents to NARIC as you stated, pay the required funds and wait for their response? Home Office gave me 14days to respond.

Thank you,

Bolaji

Please any one with correct information may also respond.

Yes that's all you need,but I am not certain all will be ready in 14days. I would have advised IELTS UKVI but that can't also come out in 14days. Can you request for an extension or what happens after 14days?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Greathand01: 8:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
bigtt76:
Did you make known to them this requirement during your application process? Or you applied as one who doesn't require special visa status?

yes I did..I picked the portion of no current UK visa/ will be needed COS
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
Arhmiee:
Hello everyone,

I believe it is NHS that is recruiting and not NMC directly (I could be be wrong for midwives though). It's a bit tough right now because of Covid and the whole Nigeria restriction with recruiting but I know a couple that has got offers in the past couple of months. Just keep searching on NHS jobs and trac jobs and hopefully interviews will start pouring in.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2021
Greathand01:

Did you apply for jobs that stated Tier 2 sponsorship applicants are welcome? If yes, you can point it out to them the job advert encouraged you to apply because of this. Even at that it may not yield anything, but one can only keep trying.

If No, ensure jobs you apply for states Tier 2 applicants are welcome. All the best in your search

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.