Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,866 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1298285 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2021
baykeylala1008:
Plz boss what can I do
Hey bro....I paid him from naija here nd he asked his brother to meet me at etibet house to give me d document which I went to submit myself...plz I'm just confused as I was not issue any letter when u went to collect my passport n he said no email.....but d issue now is I'm doing another one by my brother not an agent this time....and I know they will ask me why I was refused or rejected in my first application....

What year was this - paper-based applications ended in 2013 or so - and what documents did your agent give you to submit, and were they made up?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by GraciousWords: 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2021
Hi guys, pls do you know an applicant or does anyone have personal experience with the Global Talent visa apart from Chuks16 with a PhD and plenty research papers?

Any ideas of any regular, non research people who have got endorsements?

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by baykeylala1008: 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2021
This was last year Nov, he gave document of me being a site manager that we (2 in number) are going to UK to check d goods our company bought.....even on that document there was a complimentary card of the company owner.....now d second guy that we submitted together has gain admission n when he was asked if his second application either he was refused b4 or not, he said NO but CAS now forwarded a message to him that they have manage to retrieve d reason for his refusal......so the guy quickly called me to alert me that if I want to do any application I should be ready with my reason oooo.....
TheGuyFromHR:

What year was this - paper-based applications ended in 2013 or so - and what documents did your agent give you to submit, and were they made up?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:21pm On Jul 24, 2021
For those willing to own their homes, looking at new builds, happy to accept a loan from Boris + have 5% deposit + eligible to public funds........... grin

Start the process........

https://www.ownyourhome.gov.uk

NB: First time buyers only...... grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by JustAPasserBy: 12:29am On Jul 25, 2021
GraciousWords:
Hi guys, pls do you know an applicant or does anyone have personal experience with the Global Talent visa apart from Chuks16 with a PhD and plenty research papers?

Any ideas of any regular, non research people who have got endorsements?

Thanks!

You do not necessarily need to have 'plenty research papers'.
You need to prove that you are either an Exceptional Talent, or Exceptional promise.
You do not need a PhD if you are applying for TechNation - but you must be able to prove that you sabi I.T pass all those Indian pipu wey dey like say dem engrave d thing into dem DNA.

If you are wishing to use the peer-review route for endorsement, you need to have a proven track record.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AlakeOfEngland: 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
Lexusgs430:
For those willing to own their homes, looking at new builds, happy to accept a loan from Boris + have 5% deposit + eligible to public funds........... grin

Start the process........

https://www.ownyourhome.gov.uk

NB: First time buyers only...... grin

@Lexusgs430 and other Ancients and modern, your advice are highly needed on this matter. I am currently working here but planned switching to a student visit by January to start my Ph.D. study. I need advice on whether to continue renting accommodation or I should try to go the mortgage route as I currently have the required 15% deposit but I don't know if I am qualified to access mortgage on a student visa. I will appreciate various suggestions. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
AlakeOfEngland:

@Lexusgs430 and other Ancients and modern, your advice are highly needed on this matter. I am currently working here but planned switching to a student visit by January to start my Ph.D. study. I need advice on whether to continue renting accommodation or I should try to go the mortgage route as I currently have the required 15% deposit but I don't know if I am qualified to access mortgage on a student visa. I will appreciate various suggestions. Thank you all.

Deposit is one part .... the second part is affordability of the mortgage

To calculate mortgage the bank would check how much you earn ..... and in your case the 75% you need to show earnings that your salary can be divided by that value 4 times
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2021
AlakeOfEngland:

The hurdle you might not be able to skip, is the multiplier, in calculating standard industry practice....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by GraciousWords: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2021
JustAPasserBy:

You do not necessarily need to have 'plenty research papers'.
You need to prove that you are either an Exceptional Talent, or Exceptional promise.
You do not need a PhD if you are applying for TechNation - but you must be able to prove that you sabi I.T pass all those Indian pipu wey dey like say dem engrave d thing into dem DNA.

If you are wishing to use the peer-review route for endorsement, you need to have a proven track record.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AlakeOfEngland: 5:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
Lexusgs430:

The hurdle you might not be able to skip is the multiplier in calculating standard industry practice....... cheesy
Thank you, Oga @Lexusgs430. Like Bubu, Bikonu kindly speak to me in the language I understand. grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AlakeOfEngland: 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Deposit is one part .... the second part is affordability of the mortgage

To calculate mortgage the bank would check how much you earn ..... and in your case the 75% you need to show earnings that your salary can be divided by that value 4 times
Thank you.
I will be on a funded Ph.D. but I don't know if this can fly as an adequate salary coupled with the fact that my wife will be working and I have 20 hours to make extra income.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2021
AlakeOfEngland:
Thank you, Oga @Lexusgs430. Like Bubu, Bikonu kindly speak to me in the language I understand. grin

Madam already broke it down......... cheesy

Having the deposit is one arm, available finance is another arm, the last hurdle is the affordabilty from the applicant(s) ......

This final one, is the most important hurdle........ Even Ọba Aláké of England, cannot be excused from this requirement (if you earn but not near enough, your best bet is to speak with a broker (wey sabi)....... cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2021
AlakeOfEngland:

Thank you.
I will be on a funded Ph.D. but I don't know if this can fly as an adequate salary coupled with the fact that my wife will be working and I have 20 hours to make extra income.

Are you jointly applying for the mortgage........ wink

Does she stand well well....... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oxx4: 9:00pm On Jul 25, 2021
SamReinvented:
Hi everyone. Please I want to sell pounds ooo. Who has naira?

Cc. Mamatukwas Omopapa
is this offer still available?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Sohot: 12:44am On Jul 26, 2021
dupyshoo:
Seriously!!! Prenup on top of how much?
Fresh blood!!!! Mscheew!!! I comment my reserve.

Prenup on top 5 naira ,is still prenup because it is all you have..

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Leleky: 4:04am On Jul 26, 2021
With profound humility, I wish to know the success rate for Visiting visa application to UK recently, especially applicants applying for UK tourist visa for the first time and using Hotels and tourist attractions in their application.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 6:56am On Jul 26, 2021
Priti, kindly respond to Leleky’s profoundly humble enquiry.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by controlbeck: 7:30am On Jul 26, 2021
Hi guys good morning. I applied for UK work visa through an agent here in Nigeria I have not been booked for an boimatric appointment and below is the email they sent to my agent since last month. I want to know how long it might take for the decision makers to take decision.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mrcodebreaker: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2021
For Uk provisional license. Shey if you send them your original BRP card e no go lost ni? Well, its their rules I guess right? Trying to generate share code but it's saying no record found.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oxx4: 8:33am On Jul 26, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 8:35am On Jul 26, 2021
Leleky:
With profound humility, I wish to know the success rate for Visiting visa application to UK recently, especially applicants applying for UK tourist visa for the first time and using Hotels and tourist attractions in their application.
Thanks
Send a freedom of information request to the Home Office, they may have the statistics for you. No one here has that.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 8:39am On Jul 26, 2021
controlbeck:
Hi guys good morning. I applied for [b]UK work visa through an agen[/b]t here in Nigeria I have not been booked for an boimatric appointment and below is the email they sent to my agent since last month. I want to know how long it might take for the decision makers to take decision.
Why through an agent? Is the agent appointed by your employer? Did your employer issue you with a certificate of sponsorship? If no, I will advise you to be careful because you are toying with a 10-year ban.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:53am On Jul 26, 2021
controlbeck:
Hi guys good morning. I applied for UK work visa through an agent here in Nigeria I have not been booked for an boimatric appointment and below is the email they sent to my agent since last month. I want to know how long it might take for the decision makers to take decision.

Did you edit your name out in this letter or they sent it just like this?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 10:03am On Jul 26, 2021
In my years of applying to UKVI in and out country, I have never seen UKVI address an email as Dear Applicant,n. Ideally addressed with your name (or maybe the third party applying on your behalf). UKVI wouldn't even handle your application until after biometric

controlbeck:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by NomzyJust(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2021
justwise:

Did you edit your name out in this letter or they sent it just like this?

I saw that too.

Dear Applicant, n
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 10:48am On Jul 26, 2021
controlbeck:

All these agents na wa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2021
Bourne007:
In my years of applying to UKVI in and out country, I have never seen UKVI address an email as Dear Applicant,n. Ideally addressed with your name (or maybe the third party applying on your behalf). UKVI wouldn't even handle your application until after biometric

Went to look at my mum recent visa application email from TSL and it says

Dear Applicant
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Went to look at my mum recent visa application email from TSL and it says

Dear Applicant

But the pic says Dear Applicant,n undecided not Dear Applicant
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2021
controlbeck:

I would bet this email is probably fake and was definitely written by a Nigerian.
The phrasing is off.
"Prioritizing study visas" is a lie.
The term "work visa" is also a Nigerian usage, UKVI would use the correct appellation (Skilled Worker/Tier 2).

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DeeOneBangin: 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

I would bet this email is probably fake and was definitely written by a Nigerian.
The phrasing is off.
"Prioritizing study visas" is a lie.
The term "work visa" is also a Nigerian usage, UKVI would use the correct appellation (Skilled Worker/Tier 2).

No Cap....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2021
AirBay:

But the pic says Dear Applicant,n undecided not Dear Applicant

Ah.... just seen that
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vicas2000: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ilekokonit:

Book an appointment to see your MP and get him/her to write them a letter. That should jumpstart their brain as they are always scared of getting on the wrong side of MP's.

And this applies to any body who feels their rights are trampled upon. A visit to your MP may just do the trick as once they see that letter from your MP with the House of Commons letter headed paper, they start getting jittery.

Thank you bro for your suggestion.

I actually sent them a 3 page "strongly worded letter" with the most polite insult I can ever write and within 24 hours of them receiving the letter, the passport was issued and they have sent me a text that the passport has been posted.

Awon oniranu jati jati.

Imagine asking me to send multiple pictures throughout pregnancy of me and my madam, hospital letters to prove right to citizenship when I had submitted birth certificate and record of hospital birth and naturalisation cert. When no be say I dey apply for UK visa..

How do pictures prove citizenship? How does Pictures and NHS letter supersede naturalisation cert and proof of birth?

I made sure to quote in my letter that I will be exercising my right to freedom of information and request every single information, comment, email, thought process of the case worker who is making this stupid request and also requests the number of applicants that they've asked this exact same criterion that they are asking me and I will subsequently be escalating it up the chain of command and through my member of parliament that the caseworker is prejudiced against me.

Within 24 hours - they have responded. I am sure the caseworker thought she was on to some fraudulent case or something. I was so willing to take it to the highest level. Oshisko.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.