Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,835 members, 7,798,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1296927 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jtech17: 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
lightest:

working on that bro. And for the record I am not the cause of the issue. I think she has being planning this since.

she has refuse to put my name on the rent and refuse me to be paying any bills on our names.

all I do is to send money to her acc despite me telling her that I have read it here that if we need to renew our visa we need to let the 2 names reflect on the bills

I believe she might have friends that are teaching her.

But which ever way, I am prepare to use immigration lawyer to help me look into my odds and favours.

This thing called marriage is the scariest risk to venture into in obodo oyibo....

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2021
Praying for you Bro...God willing, you will come out stronger...Dont give up, this too shall pass

lightest:

working on that bro. And for the record I am not the cause of the issue. I think she has being planning this since.

she has refuse to put my name on the rent and refuse me to be paying any bills on our names.

all I do is to send money to her acc despite me telling her that I have read it here that if we need to renew our visa we need to let the 2 names reflect on the bills

But which ever way, I am prepare to use immigration lawyer to help me look into my odds and favours.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2021
lightest:

i wasn't evil. minded, I believe it was just her own way.

But now I know better

Oju lalakon fin soori ............ I hope you understand...... Once you see red, engage safeguards..... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2021
jtech17:

This thing called marriage is the scariest risk to venture into in obodo oyibo....

Only if you're with the wrong person .......... wink

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2021
Thank u so much.

5 years is really a lot though.
I only gat no choice

been thinking about these apprentiships in technical or non techncal areas

still not sure how it works or if i can get sponsorship'
dupyshoo:
I totally understand how you feel. Was in similar situation when I was on Tier 2. I was so miserable Not health related job though. It was difficult for me to change job due to sponsorship. Had to endure for 5 years. That is history now as I have changed my profession twice now since ILR. I reject offers now. So, if you are able to endure, I will advise you, like someone said in previous posts that you start working towards the required certification/qualifications for the jobs you want. Look for vacancies in those areas you mentioned and start preparing yourself for the roles.

Meanwhile, you should also try to apply for vacancies in the type of roles you mentioned if you think you meet the requirements. The worst you will get is rejection. This will in no way affect your current job but will give you experience of how to answer interview questions.

The summary of my advice is this: keep chasing your dream job, don't give up. Don't be afraid of rejection.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Please let's be consoling one another angry

smiley cheesy grin... I was telling a friend here today that the day of dash dash money is over..

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 11:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
lightest:

i wasn't evil. minded, I believe it was just her own way.

But now I know better
Bros I think you should try to resolve whatever the issue is with your wife. Even if she was the aggressor. My reasonings are based on the fact that you’ve got about 6 months left on your visa. This type of battle go take time to win and it would affect your mental health. so if you can resolve it before it gets too far please do so.
But While you trying to resolve it, also be preparing your plan B. (Immigration lawyer).
If things work between you both, please try and make sure you have your name on the tenancy agreement and some utility bills. It would help you if this type of thing happen next time.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:12am On Aug 11, 2021
wallg123:

Bros I think you should try to resolve whatever the issue is with your wife. Even if she was the aggressor. My reasonings are based on the fact that you’ve got about 6 months left on your visa. This type of battle go take time to win and it would affect your mental health. so if you can resolve it before it gets too far please do so.
But While you trying to resolve it, also be preparing your plan B. (Immigration lawyer).
If things work between you both, please try and make sure you have your name on the tenancy agreement and some utility bills. It would help you if this type of thing happen next time.

I disagree....... On the flipside, it portrays her controlling and emotionally abusive side..........

See, when we package for Home office, nah knockout......... wink

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:24am On Aug 11, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

I sold my whole ethereum early on saturday thinking it would go down by Monday...see my life outside angry

Cryptos now fully recovered.......... What goes up, must come down.......

Possibly not a good time to buy(newbies) ......... Time to dump......... Pump session, is around the corner........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 5:29am On Aug 11, 2021
EngrSaks:
Praying for you Bro...God willing, you will come out stronger...Dont give up, this too shall pass

Amen, thank u

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 5:30am On Aug 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Oju lalakon fin soori ............ I hope you understand...... Once you see red, engage safeguards..... cheesy

sure I understood better
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 5:33am On Aug 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I disagree....... On the flipside, it portrays her controlling and emotionally abusive side..........

pls, enlighten me more as am open to advice.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by babajeje123(m): 6:47am On Aug 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Don't let's conclude that she controls and emotional abusive till we hear from her side too. It takes two to tango.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:06am On Aug 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Oga all options available to him are expensive and might or might not work. The cheapest option is (dialogue/ am sorry)……

Renting another apartment, engaging lawyers, contacting home office and all that …. Are those things done for free ?
6 months visa is not 6 years visa so time is of the essence….saying sorry or dialogue has never killed anybody grin

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 7:28am On Aug 11, 2021
wallg123:

Oga all options available to him are expensive and might or might not work. The cheapest option is (dialogue/ am sorry)……

Renting another apartment, engaging lawyers, contacting home office and all that …. Are those things done for free ?
6 months visa is not 6 years visa so time is of the essence….saying sorry or dialogue has never killed anybody grin

yes u are right, but when ur sorry has not being Woking until u are pushed out will u still keep saying sorry u till u are knocked out.

like someone will say, it is better imagined than experienced.

I really value ur advise.

I hope all works out including ur adive.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 7:30am On Aug 11, 2021
babajeje123:

Don't let's conclude that she controls and emotional abusive till we hear from her side too. It takes two to tango.

i love ur spirit but I if u u what I have done to make the home bro am sure some of us here cannot do half of it.

Thank u
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by KOVIC19COVID20: 7:40am On Aug 11, 2021
lightest:

i love ur spirit but I if u u what I have done to make the home bro am sure some of us here cannot do half of it.

Thank u

It’s possible that if and when we hear her own side of the story… the advice already offered to you will change.

Every story has 3 sides Bro.

Make peace with thy wife. Resolve your matters as quick as you can.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 7:53am On Aug 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Cryptos now fully recovered.......... What goes up, must come down.......

Possibly not a good time to buy(newbies) ......... Time to dump......... Pump session, is around the corner........ cheesy

Look what happened to gold, once the us announced better than forecasted economic recovery, the process of commodities dropped. Usually steronger dollar means drop in all the other store of value
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olacio: 8:36am On Aug 11, 2021
olacio:
Good evening Nairalander, Kindly assist as I'm in search of someone living or schooling in Hull City or East Yorkshire.

I will be travelling for the September resumption and will need to know what life around there is like, accommodation and job/hustling over there.

I will appreciate any form of assistance. I can be reached on Olasco4enternity@gmail.com.

May God bless our hustle.

@justwise and others,kindly assist
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:38am On Aug 11, 2021
wallg123:

Oga, can you dialogue with a brickwall ......... cheesy

Cost is relative ........ Depends on the value, OP attaches to his present/future sanity status ..........

I hope OP is not seeking free resolution........ Free things, would surely eventually become expensive........ grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:40am On Aug 11, 2021
deept:

Look what happened to gold, once the us announced better than forecasted economic recovery, the process of commodities dropped. Usually steronger dollar means drop in all the other store of value

Sure XAU & XAG, dropped in value ......... It's HODL time for commodities......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by babajeje123(m): 8:51am On Aug 11, 2021
lightest:

Thank u
Don't be too sure of sacrifices people make to hold their homes. I know women can be handful but I think they are so easy to deal with once you understand them. Do all you can to make peace with your wife bro.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:10am On Aug 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Oga, can you dialogue with a brickwall ......... cheesy
. grin

If she’s that hard na to use am reconstruct my garage grin
if the OP get money to spend, then let him seek legal advice….but until then a little bit of Justin Bieber “Sorry” is the intimate solution grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chukwuka16: 9:38am On Aug 11, 2021
deept:

Nothing happened to gold. What you have online are derivatives/ETFs or paper gold contracts with serious manipulations by JPM and others on Comex (pump and dump) to exit their positions at some profit or reduced margin calls (losses). Leverage on comex is like 1:650 and above. That's crazy!

Basel III is being implemented and that means significantly reduced leverage which will see many paper contracts being closed. Try buying premiums (physical gold like Maple leaf or Kruger etc) and see if it sells for the paper price.

Look to central banks to understand gold. Today, Russia holds more gold reserve than US treasuries. China and India are massively increasing their purchase of gold (mind you, China doesn't export gold mined internally). Even Ghana is diversifying her reserves to include gold while Nigeria is still looking for cow route (I love my country).

I don't think people buy physical gold or silver to trade, they do so as a means of wealth preservation (part of a diversification strategy). There is only so much manipulation that can occur before the Fed (major culprit) loses the plot and we have to rein in the $$ (another Bretton Wood maybe).

If China launches her digital Yuan and backs it with gold, then we can be very sure that a major reorganisation is in the works.

Lastly, the BIS (Bank of International Settlement) more like the central Bank of the world's central banks has this to say about gold - "Physical gold is a first-tier asset that has no counterparty or political risk". So for now it's to keep diversifying with eyes firmly on the debt/bond market - that's the foundation of the world's economy.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:43am On Aug 11, 2021
wallg123:

If she’s that hard na to use am reconstruct my garage grin
if the OP get money to spend, then let him seek legal advice….but until then a little bit of Justin Bieber “Sorry” is the intimate solution grin

Bro you know that it doesn’t always work that way, sometimes the solution is to walk away and still raise the kids together without living together.

Marriage is not do or die affair, if you have tried all you can and it’s not working please walk away amicably for your own sanity.

You can not be in a loveless marriage and keep saying sorry just to keep it going no matter who is at fault here.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:46am On Aug 11, 2021
olacio:

@justwise and others,kindly assist

I have answered this sort of question before though I can’t remember the particular ID , I will quote you when I get it
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oluayebenz: 9:54am On Aug 11, 2021
babajeje123:

Don't be too sure of sacrifices people make to hold their homes. I know women can be handful but I think they are so easy to deal with once you understand them. Do all you can to make peace with your wife bro.

Nigerian women is very difficult in that part of the world, especially when they are done with you....

OP... Just be positive and try to figure a way out.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:57am On Aug 11, 2021
lightest:

Bro whether you are at fault or she is … this is what I can say to you.

Look after your mental health, don’t let this drain you and affect your job. Speak to people you trust and don’t bottle things as we Africans usually do.

Settle in your new place and maintain a healthy relationship with your kids, if with time things works out between you and your wife good , if not then it’s what it’s . Life goes on.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Stereotypes: 11:22am On Aug 11, 2021
Relationships don't suddenly disintegrate out of thin air.
Were you caught doing duggeedugeee or were you doing dugeedugee while thinking she didn't know?

How were you both in Nigeria before you ported? If both of you moved from Nigeria,this is her repaying you for all that happened there.I have noticed the women wait till they land and then execute their revenge.

There's no way this marriage was happy and both of you were on the same page.

Very strange that she didn't let you put your name in any document,it means she had been planning this for a while and had checked out since.

How did you not notice?

Don't blame friends,its our usual default pattern when we notice our partner is no longer behaving like the usual default setting.

Your wife doesn't like you anymore and has been erasing you since bit by bit.

Once a woman reaches this stage, she's fed up.

Since its not working, please move on and coparent peacefully for the sake of your children while looking for immigration lawyer.

Chai! You go suffer no be small o! New apartment,visa fees,lawyer fees, bills bills bills .

Pele

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:26am On Aug 11, 2021
Stereotypes:
Relationships don't suddenly disintegrate out of thin air.
Were you caught doing duggeedugeee or were you doing dugeedugee while thinking she didn't know?

How were you in Nigeria before you ported? If both of you moved from Nigeria,this is her repaying you for all that happened there .I have noticed the women wait till they land and then execute their revenge.

There's no way this marriage was happy and both of you were on the same page.

Very strange that she didn't let you put your name in any document,it means she had been planning this for a while and had checked out since.

How did you not notice?

Don't blame friends,its our usual default pattern when we notice our partner is no longer behaving like the usual default setting.

Your wife doesn't like you anymore and has been erasing you since bit by bit.

Once a woman reaches this stage, she's fed up.

Since its not working, please move on and coparent peacefully for the sake of your children while looking for immigration lawyer.

Chai! You go suffer no be small o! New apartment,visa fees,lawyer fees, bills bills bills .

Pele

looks like you know them personally. Talk about stereotypes. While that might have happened to some, there is no hint or insinuation from his writings here that that is the case. You should not be categorical if you are not sure of the true picture.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Stereotypes: 11:27am On Aug 11, 2021
dustydee:

looks like you know them personally. Talk about stereotypes. While that might have happened to some, there is no hint or insinuation from his writings here that that is the case. You should not be categorical if you are not sure of the true picture.

My name says it all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.