Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1301701 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MissOwaa: 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
Thank you!!!!

Oh my mind is at rest now. I've been feeling so bad and scared!

University of Roehampton in London.

Thank you.

kaylov12:

@MissOwaa , permit me to campaign after election..lol as I noticed you have once reached out to me.
Firstly, don't stress much, your uni will wait. I had similar experience last year. Uni resumed 7th Sept , placement began like some 2 weeks after but I resumed online lectures as everyone, entred UK October 4th and resumed placement after October half term. I only got 3 weeks extra to stay at my 2nd placement school to finish the course.

Secondly, I had a similar issue with visa, albeit standard but it took more than one month with a second interview that lasted 50minutes on phone.
I may say that PGCE isn't very popular with international students, this may be the reason for the delay if of course your application is straightforward/convincing.

I know it's hard to stay sane during the waiting period, but love, if your application has no course for doubt, you will get your visa, get on your prog when you can and finish well as well.

If I may ask, what University are you going?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
Bronzedigger:
Good morning at gurus in da house... I would like some information about the UNIVERSITY OF HULL, the school is relatively cheap for the course I want study...£9k ...I intend to apply against next year September, though as that is the available resumption date for my course... I want insight on availability of jobs for students as well as the environment.. is the weather too cold, accommodation, people ..etc just anything useful information
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
Worthy read. Is it something that can be emulated in the UK
https://twitter.com/julietkego/status/1429161870930464774?s=21

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chikadibia21: 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2021
U ask a lot of questions sha.
The info on the University of Hull's website clearly states that tuition fees would revert to normal after this session. Take time out to do further findings

quote author=Bronzedigger post=105060886][/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chikadibia21: 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2021
The info on the University of Hull's website clearly states that tuition fees would revert to normal after this session. Take time out to do further findings

[quote author=Bronzedigger post=105060886][/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mainfocus: 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am contemplating two IT related training in Nigeria: Scum Master and Business analysis. Can the IT guys, gals and others please shed some light on the potential for success for a Nigerian jjc in the UK. Perhaps there are people working in these positions on the thread, your contributions would be highly appreciated.

I did notice that there are plenty of job ads for the two roles online in the UK, but I am curious if my accent could be an impediment.

Also, I would like to have a mentor on my arrival. Even though I have read about meet ups in the UK, I don't know how a mentor/mentee relationship can evolve in that environment.

Thanks to all the contributors that have kept this forum informative, enlightening and entertaining. Starting from the pioneer op @fatima04 to the many, many others who have made the forum what it is today. Kudos to you all.

I am grateful to all that would share their experiences and views.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
Mainfocus:
Hello Everyone,

I am contemplating two IT related training in Nigeria: Scum Master and Business analysis. Can the IT guys, gals and others please shed some light on the potential for success for a Nigerian jjc in the UK. Perhaps there are people working in these positions on the thread, your contributions would be highly appreciated.

I did notice that there are plenty of job ads for the two roles online in the UK, but I am curious if my accent could be an impediment.

Also, I would like to have a mentor on my arrival. Even though I have read about meet ups in the UK, I don't know how a mentor/mentee relationship can evolve in that environment.

Thanks to all the contributors that have kept this forum informative, enlightening and entertaining. Starting from the pioneer op @fatima04 to the many, many others who have made the forum what it is today. Kudos to you all.

I am grateful to all that would share their experiences and views.

Cheers.

First, it is Scrum, not Scum smiley

Second, experience over certificate any day. Employers are more interested in what you know, than in the paper you carry. So, are you a Scrum Master or a Business Analyst by trade, or are you hoping the certificate will make you one?

Finally, your accent is not the worst there is. You will be fine wink

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
Chikadibia21:

Oga lemmy ask and be clear ooo... cos na only me go suffer my suffer if no plan myself well .. nobody go give me one penny,I wont call you to send me money when I'm broke oo... I am going to a foreign land I will ask all questions, sensible and even senseless ones na from nonsense them dey take get sense. and besides I'm not asking about tuition fees it is on their websites, I'm asking about things not on their website, things experienced by Nigerians like myself who are currently staying around there, or might have graduated from the school... if I can get that on their website,..I wont ask about it here... the information i get here has always been more correct and UPTODATE as well as you get to discuss with people who are in the UK and not agents... i have asked agents into these travel stuffs they don't know as much as gurus on here ...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HolySpiritFire(f): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2021
Thanks for this.
I wanted to ask same question about Hull University before you did, at least, to get first hand informed information from the gurus here to aid one make informed decisions. So I wonder why it get tagged too many questions by another?

Please the gurus in the house, kindly help on the said question, alot of people / us are interested in the answer.
You guys are too kind.
God bless.
Bronzedigger:

Oga lemmy ask and be clear ooo... cos na only me go suffer my suffer if no plan myself well .. nobody go give me one penny,I wont call you to send me money when I'm broke oo... I am going to a foreign land I will ask all questions, sensible and even senseless ones na from nonsense them dey take get sense. and besides I'm not asking about tuition fees it is on their websites, I'm asking about things not on their website, things experienced by Nigerians like myself who are currently staying around there, or might have graduated from the school... if I can get that on their website,..I wont ask about it here... the information i get here has always been more correct and UPTODATE as well as you get to discuss with people who are in the UK and not agents... i have asked agents into these travel stuffs they don't know as much as gurus on here ...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mainfocus: 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
@icon8

It was an obvious typo. It is indeed Scrum and not Scum, as you pointed out.

I appreciate your contribution. Thank you.

If you read through and comprehended my post you would have noticed that I never at any point claimed that a certificate after training would make me an experienced Scrum master professional. I mentioned that I am contemplating Scrum master and business analysis training and mentorship upon my arrival.

Thank you, all the same.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by feyijo: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
Please I would like to confirm I am allowed to take part time accounting jobs. I have a couple interviews scheduled for next week for part time accounting roles (all within 20hours weekly).
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bukolami22(f): 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
Co asking
[quote author=inzenita post=104896449][/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bukolami22(f): 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
inzenita:
Dear all,
Please i intend coming to Teeside University for masters in public health.
How is life there in Teeside in terms of affordability of accommodation, availability of student jobs and menial jobs?
And how lucrative is public health in UK?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
HolySpiritFire:
Thanks for this.
I wanted to ask same question about Hull University before you did, at least, to get first hand informed information from the gurus here to aid one make informed decisions. So I wonder why it get tagged too many questions by another?

Please the gurus in the house, kindly help on the said question, alot of people / us are interested in the answer.
You guys are too kind.
God bless.
no matter how stupid my questions are ... I believe I am not the only having those those questions in mind to ask... I am not the only one benefitting from these questions... so many people in the coming years will benefit too... and make informed decisions... some people have earned 10 years ban from the UK because of uninformed decisions... did he ever help them by sending dem money or help to relocate them to another country NO!!, according to PHRANKLEEN: "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR THE BLACK RACE" ...hes complaining the questions are too much... because hes not a beneficiary and he might have been In the UK already sef and well sorted out.... so what is useful to us is useless to him... MILLIONS of Nigerians will make informed decisions with this post ... holy spirit fire ... thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2021
Sure you definitely can!

feyijo:
Please I would like to confirm I am allowed to take part time accounting jobs. I have a couple interviews scheduled for next week for part time accounting roles (all within 20hours weekly).
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by feyijo: 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
Thanks appreciate it.

Bourne007:
Sure you definitely can!

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chikadibia21: 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
Lol, it's not that deep bro...It was just an observation. At least, I got to inform you about the fact that Hull's tuition won't be £9000 by next september when you intend to apply. That would help you decide on whether Hull is the place to be...

Bronzedigger:
no matter how stupid my questions are ... I believe I am not the only having those those questions in mind to ask... I am not the only one benefitting from these questions... so many people in the coming years will benefit too... and make informed decisions... some people have earned 10 years ban from the UK because of uninformed decisions... did he ever help them by sending dem money or help to relocate them to another country NO!!, according to PHRANKLEEN: "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR THE BLACK RACE" ...hes complaining the questions are too much... because hes not a beneficiary and he might have been In the UK already sef and well sorted out.... so what is useful to us is useless to him... MILLIONS of Nigerians will make informed decisions with this post ... holy spirit fire ... thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2021
Chikadibia21:
Lol, it's not that deep bro...It was just an observation. At least, I got to inform you about the fact that Hull's tuition won't be £9000 by next september when you intend to apply. That would help you decide on whether Hull is the place to be...

Lol ... okay .. thought about that too ... the price might change and might not change... but irrespective of that I would still compare it to TEESIDE...once the price changes... would continue or OPT for TEESIDE

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 12:02am On Aug 23, 2021
Mainfocus:

@icon8

It was an obvious typo. It is indeed Scrum and not Scum, as you pointed out.

I appreciate your contribution. Thank you.

If you read through and comprehended my post you would have noticed that I never at any point claimed that a certificate after training would make me an experienced Scrum master professional. I mentioned that I am contemplating Scrum master and business analysis training and mentorship upon my arrival.

Thank you, all the same.

You like wahala oh

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zimzee: 12:34am On Aug 23, 2021
I have gotten my Visa as the principal applicant, and now my hubby and the kids wants to apply using hubby's bank statement.
But the issue is that my husband has four names (eg, okeke ugonna Williams ugo) in his passport, but his bank statement bears only 3 (okeke ugonna Williams) out of the 4 names.
Would it be a problem if he presents the statement showing only 3 names out of his 4 names?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gcool2(m): 6:54am On Aug 23, 2021
Hi everyone,pls how relevantbis MSc project management in the UK. In terms of job search and lucrativeness.I already did some search on Google but wanna hear opinions from gurus here.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by elisinho(m): 6:57am On Aug 23, 2021
DisGuy:

Have you tried asking them?

I will try and ask this week
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jtech17: 7:10am On Aug 23, 2021
Gcool2:
Hi everyone,pls how relevantbis MSc project management in the UK. In terms of job search and lucrativeness.I already did some search on Google but wanna hear opinions from gurus here.
from.what I read on here... the certifications such as PMP or PRINCE 2 makes you stand out... it doesn't really pay to study msc project management..... except you have the certifications or will to do the certifications as an addendum... MSC project management alone wont fly well in d Labour market....

Das all

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gcool2(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2021
jtech17:
from.what I read on here... the certifications such as PMP or PRINCE 2 makes you stand out... it doesn't really pay to study msc project management..... except you have the certifications or will to do the certifications as an addendum... MSC project management alone wont fly well in d Labour market....

Das all
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jtech17: 8:09am On Aug 23, 2021
Bronzedigger:
Good morning at gurus in da house... I would like some information about the UNIVERSITY OF HULL, the school is relatively cheap for the course I want study...£9k ...I intend to apply against next year September, though as that is the available resumption date for my course... I want insight on availability of jobs for students as well as the environment.. is the weather too cold, accommodation, people ..etc just anything useful information
.. I am also interested in this oo.. gurus please do justice
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by OSCARTM: 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
hustla:

You have said it all

People outsource to them cos of their huge population, cheap labour and cos they can get the job done

US companies have also noticed this and are taking advantage of this in Nigeria

One of Microsofts largest support vendors is in Nigeria, and the Nigerian site is one of the best they have

If Nigeria fit jus get 40% sense today, we go better than many countries

Tek Expert grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olaness: 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2021
O2kd2:

@olaness did you gain admission into University of Bradford? If yes have you gotten your visa and do you have kids traveling with you?

Yes, to all your questions.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Preshyi: 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2021
Please how much does extra luggage cost via BA? I have checked online and seen some figures but I am not sure if it is per kg or per 23kg bag.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olaness: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2021
Will one be allowed to travel with Ghana-must-go bags on British Airways?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deolu9(m): 5:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hello guys please as people living in the UK wat course can you recommend for Msc for a graduate of Geography that has job prospects or i shld go for health related courses?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2021
hustla:

You have said it all

People outsource to them cos of their huge population, cheap labour and cos they can get the job done

US companies have also noticed this and are taking advantage of this in Nigeria

One of Microsofts largest support vendors is in Nigeria, and the Nigerian site is one of the best they have

If Nigeria fit jus get 40% sense today, we go better than many countries

You are right, I was just reading about a Nigerian who makes drones from local materials has just been taken to Finland by the finish government.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Healhtyliving: 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
Yes
olaness:
Will one be allowed to travel with Ghana-must-go bags on British Airways?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.