Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,892 members, 7,798,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1296988 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2018
newsheriffintown:

I dont fancy living in the uk just because of stable light and some social amenities .

I believe i can make it here and still live like a king in my house and in my country but you ,no matter how hard you work ,you can never be a dangote or billgate in another mans country .

Enjoy your tight one room apartment inthe uk (mean no disrespect)while i continue with my naija daily huzzle buzzle

Your myopic thinking and bashing of the UK makes you think everyone resides in a one room apartment....

You need to travel on a holiday and expose your limited intellectual capacity.

Travelling is a form of education......

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2018
newsheriffintown:

I dont fancy living in the uk just because of stable light and some social amenities .

I believe i can make it here and still live like a king in my house and in my country but you ,no matter how hard you work ,you can never be a dangote or billgate in another mans country .

Enjoy your tight one room apartment inthe uk (mean no disrespect)while i continue with my naija daily huzzle buzzle

There is nothing wrong in living in a one room apartment, it is your quality of life that matters.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2018
newsheriffintown:

If this is all you can grab from the points i made then you're still a slave

The Germans, Chinese, japs, Russians are all making Breakthrough with there mothertongue and youre asking me stupid question just becoz you stay in the UK.
I no blame you.

It is a primary school topic in English
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2018
newsheriffintown:

Your mentality is very shallow. I pity those that have you as friend

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2018
newsheriffintown:

I didn't see this response before my last one. You do not have to insult people. What you are asking for is very difficult and no one will do it for you except they know you inside out and that still doesn't make it right. You are trying to deceive google and we are trying to make you see reason why you should use your real address. No one wants a criminal record here. Google is skeptical about Nigeria because of acts like what you are tying to do. Honesty and integrity is very important here and that's why even though not many people here believe in God, many are upright unlike back home where we shout and troop to places of worship but it does not reflect on our actions. It's little things like this that builds a nation.
INTEGRITY, HONESTY.

All the best but count me out.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by newsheriffintown: 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2018
Am sorry for the way i lashout. It was in the heat of the moment.
Make una no vest

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2018
newsheriffintown:
Make una no vest

LOL.....

1 vs Many (you stood no chance)...

Goodluck......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by derbylicious: 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2018
I found this thread right on time.

Which of these two would be suitable for a newly wed couple(with no kids yet) to reside : studio flat vs 1 bedroom flat?

Where can good furniture(especially king size bed & sofa, coffee table) be purchased “affordably”? I’ve checked Argos but want more options

I’d appreciate your opinions
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2018
derbylicious:

Which of these two would be suitable for a newly wed couple(with no kids yet) to reside : studio flat vs 1 bedroom flat?

Where can good furniture(especially king size bed & sofa, coffee table) be purchased “affordably”? I’ve checked Argos but want more options

If you are renting, property might be fully furnished or partially....

If thinking/planning of having kids soonest, 1 bedroom flat is best (if MIL might be coming over), a 2 bedroom flat...

Have you tried charity shops, gumtree, eBay, preloved, IKEA etc etc etc?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by subcbouy: 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2018
newsheriffintown:
bros abeg na.you can google it and see .its legit.
I created an app and google placed advert on it .but before i can withdraw my money google need to verify my acct with pin verification,thats why i need your help.
Without the pin verification ,i cant withdaw .
Please abeg ,help a brother
It sounds so good when nothing string attached but I cant risk anything for this. sorry bro.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2018
derbylicious:

British Heart Foundation sells good furniture. 1 Bed should be fine for both of you. I wouldn't stay in a studio with my spouse.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by firpemi(f): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2018
@Lexusgs430
baba oo, cheers to all your "epic responses"

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by newsheriffintown: 4:20pm On Dec 04, 2018
subcbouy:
It sounds so good when nothing string attached but I cant risk anything for this. sorry bro.
Thanks but i will be more grateful if you can help me out bro.there is no risk involve sir.just for verification thats all.
You can browse abt google admob online and see for your self sir. But if you decide not to help I'll still thank you for your time .
One love
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Divine88: 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2018
The Mods for this thread jejely removed my comment. There is God ooo.
My comment wasn't derogatory or was something that warrant deleting. I was just helping my fellow man
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2018
newsheriffintown:
Make una no vest

Reason you used a uk address is because Google removed Nigeria from the options of countries allowed to register Adsense accounts.

Don't try to paint the truth, verification will not affect anything about your app. It just means you can't cash out your funds when you make any money

Your best option will be to buy a verified account or find a relative in the uk willing to take the risk.

Your story has a lot of red flags because you are intentionally bending the truth, so a stranger cannot trust that you do not need the address for something else

Another option is to relocate, as IT savvy people are needed in the Uk

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by newsheriffintown: 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2018
EngrSaks:

Reason you used a uk address is because Google removed Nigeria from the options of countries allowed to register Adsense accounts.

Don't try to paint the truth, verification will not affect anything about your app. It just means you can't cash out your funds when you make any money

Your best option will be to buy a verified account or find a relative in the uk willing to take the risk.

Your story has a lot of red flags because you are intentionally bending the truth, so a stranger cannot trust that you do not need the address for something else

Another option is to relocate, as IT savvy people are needed in the Uk

We both saying the same thing, without the verification you cant withdraw your money and the app is my creation which make it untouchable .

But as for google not accepting nigerians ,i don't know about that ,all i can say is " it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for google to send Verification pin to your house adress in nigeria "
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2018
newsheriffintown:

We both saying the same thing, without the verification you cant withdraw your money and the app is my creation which make it untouchable .

But as for google not accepting nigerians ,i don't know about that ,all i can say is " it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for google to send Verification pin to your house adress in nigeria "

i verified with my Nigerian address before all the scam, it was quite straight forward
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2018
firpemi:
@Lexusgs430
baba oo, cheers to all your "epic responses"

One of us had to be diplomatic....... You know the way arguments are conducted in Nigeria, they always try to shout you down and out, quoting information acquired wrongly and simply regurgitating fake news........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2018
newsheriffintown:

Before i did a uk acct ,i have already try it out accept the post office box method ,and the process in securing a box his tenuous and i will also have to cancel the uk acct which have work hard for months.and i will also need to code new app and apply for new adsense advert from google ,it like coming to square one again .

Bro if you are in any capacity to help please help me

To secure a box is not tedious.
Lots of boxes are idling away at the post office branches nationwide.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2018
lol, very funny request. Anyway, UK houses are not face me i face yous and even those face me i face you are worth 100s of thousands of pounds
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:43am On Dec 05, 2018
newsheriffintown:

It depend on how many people click the google advert on my app for each month.

Oga please help me if you can

Okay o. Hope you find the help you looking for.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mutendiwashe(f): 8:09am On Dec 05, 2018
newsheriffintown:

are people not living in one rooms in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:24am On Dec 05, 2018
That is how I missed all the drama here. Kudos to all the epic responses oo.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:27am On Dec 05, 2018
Mutendiwashe:
are people not living in one rooms in Nigeria?

I wonder oo, d myopic comment. You don't have basic amenities, you say you are living like a king. When our president dey patronize UK health system like Nigeria general hospital.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beyondbasicsng: 9:27am On Dec 05, 2018
newsheriffintown:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2018
RalphJean:

Please Bro, if there is any app that I can use, please let me know.
I use an iOS
Thanks

Watching Chelsea on an Umidigi A3 smartphone....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SnowAngel2018(f): 2:48am On Dec 06, 2018
derbylicious:

If you’re looking to save money, a studio flat would be manageable for the 2 of you, it will be small since the living room and bedroom is actually a combined room, but it will be a lot less than a 1 bed flat. If you value having space (or even a separate room for the bedroom) then take the apartment as I’m sure after a year or so you will outgrow the studio.
Cheap new furniture can be found in somewhere like IKEA or Jysk stores, or there are several charity shops such as British Heart Foundation or Bettel Furniture which sell good second hand goods at a fraction of the price

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2018
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:36pm On Dec 06, 2018
Inkredible:
cheesy

Congratulobia

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 3:08pm On Dec 06, 2018
DaveChapelle:

Congratulobia

Thanks buddy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2018
congratulations!!!

How many lessons did you go for/ have you been driving before?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.