Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,063 members, 7,807,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1300915 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nomsy2(f): 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hello everyone happ Sunday to you all..
Have followed this thread from the beginning, it's fresh and still gets current responses than other UK threads..

Please I will really appreciate a response..
I'm a nurse and would want to do my BNsc in a UK university (1yr or not more than 2yrs)
Would want Nurses in here to please help give me all relevant information on how best to proceed..
Thank you all.
God bless
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by perfectme: 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nomsy2:
Hello everyone happ Sunday to you all..
Have followed this thread from the beginning, it's fresh and still gets current responses than other UK threads..

Please I will really appreciate a response..
I'm a nurse and would want to do my BNsc in a UK university (1yr or not more than 2yrs)
Would want Nurses in here to please help give me all relevant information on how best to proceed..
Thank you all.
God bless

Why not get a job in UK then do your BNSc when you get there. UK is recruiting lots of overseas nurses these days and the process is not as hard as you may think. Just write Ielts and ensure you get mimimum of 7 in reading, listening, speaking and 6.5 in writing. Then write CBT test then continue from there.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
davide470:
Life is not that hard bro! Ahan. Loool

They are all distractions...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 11:12pm On Dec 09, 2018
[D[/quote]

I need directions on how to get to Uxbridge from Stansted Airport possibly by bus\train. (I don't intend to go the taxi lane unless it's a last resort)
I could not get a cost effective flight to Heathrow hence Stansted. Pls help!!!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by davide470(m): 11:43pm On Dec 09, 2018
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 1:02am On Dec 10, 2018
Abeg who knows when the new fees for the IHS surcharge becomes effective. I thought it was meant to be this December but I'm still seeing £200 per annum on UK gov website.
I'm preparing to apply for my family to join me but the news of the IHS surcharge increase is causing trouble on budget.
Somebody please tell me Parliament hasn't had time to approve the increase because of the headache brexit is giving them.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:41am On Dec 10, 2018
ecstacy29:
[D

I need directions on how to get to Uxbridge from Stansted Airport possibly by bus\train. (I don't intend to go the taxi lane unless it's a last resort)

Oga Madam, just take an Uber. From the M11 - A406 - A40 (you get to your destination in peace, if you prefer pieces, take alternative).......

If you are high on ecstacy tablets, you might not mind using public transport............
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:47am On Dec 10, 2018
sutelk:
Abeg who knows when the new fees for the IHS surcharge becomes effective. I thought it was meant to be this December but I'm still seeing £200 per annum on UK gov website.
I'm preparing to apply for my family to join me but the news of the IHS surcharge increase is causing trouble on budget.
Somebody please tell me Parliament hasn't had time to approve the increase because of the headache brexit is giving them.

It's still a draft legislation and has not been through the final reading stages. So old fee is still applicable.....

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2018/9780111172995/article/3

NB : It goes against conservative manifesto, but we know they would silently pass it....... Why not? So far they have raised over £600,000,000.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nomsy2(f): 7:51am On Dec 10, 2018
perfectme:

Why not get a job in UK then do your BNSc when you get there. UK is recruiting lots of overseas nurses these days and the process is not as hard as you may think. Just write Ielts and ensure you get mimimum of 7 in reading, listening, speaking and 6.5 in writing. Then write CBT test then continue from there.
All the best.

Thanks so much but where does the CBT happen? Again will the fact that I graduated since 2011 be a problem even though I've been working since then?

Any other documents needed apart from the documents from NMCN?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 9:09am On Dec 10, 2018
Lexusgs430:

It's still a draft legislation and has not been through the final reading stages. So old fee is still applicable.....

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2018/9780111172995/article/3

NB : It goes against conservative manifesto, but we know they would silently pass it....... Why not? So far they have raised over £600,000,000.........
God make the thing remain draft until my family land. May the spirit of Saraki and Dogora and Melaye possess them in this matter only until my family land, making the bill to go back for amendment and amendment and amendment until my family touch down at Heathrow.
Can I hear an Amen from somebody.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 9:10am On Dec 10, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Oga Madam, just take an Uber. From the M11 - A406 - A40 (you get to your destination in peace, if you prefer pieces, take alternative).......

If you are high on ecstacy tablets, you might not mind using public transport............

This my Oga, I'm watching you in 4D(since you wan let ecstasy rest! cheesy cheesy)

Thanks for your responses though!
@davide470

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 9:12am On Dec 10, 2018
sutelk:

God make the thing remain draft until my family land. May the spirit of Saraki and Dogora and Melaye possess them in this matter only until my family land, making the bill to go back for amendment and amendment and amendment until my family touch down at Heathrow.

I say a big AMEN cos the prayer Na for me too!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 9:54am On Dec 10, 2018
sutelk:

Baba why na. You show your hand small o
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:05am On Dec 10, 2018
Nomsy2:

Thanks so much but where does the CBT happen? Again will the fact that I graduated since 2011 be a problem even though I've been working since then?

Any other documents needed apart from the documents from NMCN?

CBT can be done in Nigeria at one of the pearson centres, but you need to write IELTS first and get that minimum score stated above. Once you write CBT ypu cam get an employer to sponsor your visa and OSCE
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 10:14am On Dec 10, 2018
ecstacy29:
[D

Considering the heavy duty load you might be travelling with your best option would be a cab

If you really really want to... there are coaches from stanstead to Liverpool street station then get the Purple line direct to Uxbridge
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Neyoalao(m): 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
fatima04:

CBT can be done in Nigeria at one of the pearson centres, but you need to write IELTS first and get that minimum score stated above. Once you write CBT ypu cam get an employer to sponsor your visa and OSCE
How can one get an employer to sponsor the visa? Because what I have seen so far is using an agent and I don't think it makes sense in the long run.

Any website where I can search for direct employers?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nomsy2(f): 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
Neyoalao:

How can one get an employer to sponsor the visa? Because what I have seen so far is using an agent and I don't think it makes sense in the long run.

Any website where I can search for direct employers?

Please answer this, it's the main problem. ... only agents are known for now and honestly I don't want to give any agent money when I'm not sure it will work or the person won't run off with the money

Fatima04
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 1:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
Whaooo, congratulations......

I bought 2004 Mitsubishi Colt for £500, not bad atall, more than enough to take the family from point A-B...The Insurance na like £1100 thereabout, i did comprehensive but i am beginning to ask myself why i did comprehensive for a 2004 car sef....Abeg do you guys think i can change it to third party abeg...

Inkredible:
Matey Mate: " Congratulations mate. Heard you got your license."

Somebody: "Oh Aye. Got it sorted yesterday. What's the craic? You coming out for a wee drink?"

Matey matey: "Aye. 7:30 mate. Oh, ya fancy my wee Renault Clio? Wee crittor is just seating here getting dirty. You can have it mate if you want it."

Somebody: "how much we talking about?"

Matey Mate : "Don't be silly man. Yous was good to my fam. You can have it. No worries at all."

Become a farmer's genuine friend today. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hunnybee: 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
You'll use an Agency, not agent. And you won't pay them a dime. Whatever money you spend will be for your exams and NMC registration fee (some of which may still be refunded depending on your employer). Even the exam registration (Ielts and CBT), you can DIY. You do not need any agent

Nomsy2:

Please answer this, it's the main problem. ... only agents are known for now and honestly I don't want to give any agent money when I'm not sure it will work or the person won't run off with the money

Fatima04
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 2:43pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hunnybee:
You'll use an Agency, not agent. And you won't pay them a dime. Whatever money you spend will be for your exams and NMC registration fee (some of which may still be refunded depending on your employer). Even the exam registration (Ielts and CBT), you can DIY. You do not need any agent

What she said @nomsy2 and neyoalao. You can do first 2 steps (IELTS and CBT) yourself then get an agency and save yourself that upfront cost such as visa, OSCE etc..

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yinkzy03:

I bought 2004 Mitsubishi Colt for £500, not bad atall, more than enough to take the family from point A-B...The Insurance na like £1100 thereabout, i did comprehensive but i am beginning to ask myself why i did comprehensive for a 2004 car sef....Abeg do you guys think i can change it to third party abeg...

You can change it but I think it's better to leave it on comprehensive!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by salford: 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yinkzy03:

you are doing a good job in helping to stimulate the economy. tongue

Is there a bluebook to check how much your 2004 colt is worth in case it gets totalled?

Are the quotes you got for comp and 3rd party similar? if they are similar, comp will be good, if not 3rd party would be okay.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yinkzy03:

for third party, based on my experience, i would only be saving about £200+, So comprehensive is probably more cost effective, till one is 100% confident on British roads, esp as we enter winter! My car was 2.4 litre engine and my insurance @ 16,000 miles/ annum cost me about £2,000 est. It begs to wonder if i did myself a good deal. I don't mean to brag about being a petrol head, but i do enjoy a spirited drive now and then, and i don't think any 1.something engine would give me that pleasure! Still, the insurance here is crazy, I wonder if breeze can blow that colt when trailer overtakes?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by perfectme: 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2018
@Nomsy2 and Neyoalao

There's already a thread on nairaland for nurses with dreams of travelling abroad and that's the UK NMC's link for overseas nurses registration.

https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/joining-the-register/register-nurse-midwife/trained-outside-the-eueea/

https://www.nairaland.com/2863557/nigerian-nurses-midwives-dream-working

The process is not that hard but if you're in Nigeria, its better you get an agency to guide you through the process and help you get an employer and note that you're not paying any agency any fee. But if you're already in UK, you can do it on your own.
Some of those agencies also add you to their CBT and IELTS prep groups on WhatsApp free of charge. So there's no harm in trying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
DisGuy:

Considering the heavy duty load you might be travelling with your best option would be a cab

If you really really want to... there are coaches from stanstead to Liverpool street station then get the Purple line direct to Uxbridge

There's really no heavy duty oooo, just a cabin luggage. I'll use the coach and purple line(shey purple line na bus or train?) ,the only thing Wey go pain me Na if I arrive at the same cost at the end of the day. Thanks a lot.

As for Oga Lexus, no be say I like pieces oooo, Na £ dey decide.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nomsy2(f): 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2018
perfectme:
@Nomsy2 and Neyoalao

There's already a thread on nairaland for nurses with dreams of travelling abroad and that's the UK NMC's link for overseas nurses registration.

https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/joining-the-register/register-nurse-midwife/trained-outside-the-eueea/

https://www.nairaland.com/2863557/nigerian-nurses-midwives-dream-working

The process is not that hard but if you're in Nigeria, its better you get an agency to guide you through the process and help you get an employer and note that you're not paying any agency any fee. But if you're already in UK, you can do it on your own.
Some of those agencies also add you to their CBT and IELTS prep groups on WhatsApp free of charge. So there's no harm in trying.

Thanks a lot.. I wasn't talking about agents for IELTS I have taken that before and it expired I'm talking about continuing the process after the IELTS and CBT the person I asked talked of agents and I didn't like the idea..
Thanks for the clarification
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
ecstacy29:

There's really no heavy duty oooo, just a cabin luggage. I'll use the coach and purple line(shey purple line na bus or train?) ,the only thing Wey go pain me Na if I arrive at the same cost at the end of the day. Thanks a lot.

As for Oga Lexus, no be say I like pieces oooo, Na £ dey decide.

Metropolitan line aka purple line. Took the coach from Stansted to Stratford where i parked earlier this year about £10. You also need to be mindful what time you're landing as some tube service don't run past 1am
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
sutelk:
Abeg who knows when the new fees for the IHS surcharge becomes effective.

Lemme kukuma ask now. I'm trying to apply for family to join me. Do I create a new account for them or use mine?
If I'm using mine, I guess I'll be using my visa type and subclass (which is what I'm doing(using my visa type =tier2 general but the visa sub type is not coming up). Anyone who has done this should please help?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2018
Inkredible:
cheesy

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CowbellY: 8:15am On Dec 11, 2018
Acos925:

please I need to ask a question. Can someone apply for dependent visa 2 months earlier to the expected date of arrival in uk?

planning to join my partner soon in North Ireland

Looks like we're in the same *boat*

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.