Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:40 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1284973 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Heritagee: 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
sutelk:

God make the thing remain draft until my family land. May the spirit of Saraki and Dogora and Melaye possess them in this matter only until my family land, making the bill to go back for amendment and amendment and amendment until my family touch down at Heathrow.
Can I hear an Amen from somebody.
A big AMEN o. That's my prayer too. It should be on hold till my family lands
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 3:42am On Dec 13, 2018
For the nurses asking.

Unlearn what you know about agents and agency. They are the true faster sure route to get to UK. I haven't seen or heard from any nurse that applied directly from naija and go the job. Home office assigns them hospital to fill up and all, but we are not here to discuss how they work.

You are not paying any agent money. They get paid so your money sef is no good to them. Even if they say make you pay, no be upfront na. Not until you get working and earning your money.

Employers (depending) will refund your osce, CBT or IELTS exams fee (one or all).

Your major concern is to pass the exams first. Without that, nobody go look your side.

If you had researched on this, you will sure be asking questions that will get you informed responses. wink
Go and do your part first dear nurses. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks mate...
DisGuy:

You can change it but I think it's better to leave it on comprehensive!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2018
lol @ helping to stimulate the economy...

No, did't get any blue book but i'm really not expecting anything out of a Mitsubishi of 2004.

I am yet to get a quote for 3rd party, just went straight for comprehensive...
salford:

you are doing a good job in helping to stimulate the economy. tongue

Is there a bluebook to check how much your 2004 colt is worth in case it gets totalled?

Are the quotes you got for comp and 3rd party similar? if they are similar, comp will be good, if not 3rd party would be okay.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
You are driving a big car mate, cos fueling a 2.4 litre engine is not beans..you are the boss na. The feel is good especially when you turbo but my pocket is the determinant right now, i will grow up like you one day, lol.

And about breeze blowing the car, driven it on the motorway already and not so bad afterall...I know there are some bad wind like that sha, but there are even smaller cars so i'm not alone, lol

DaveChapelle:
for third party, based on my experience, i would only be saving about £200+, So comprehensive is probably more cost effective, till one is 100% confident on British roads, esp as we enter winter! My car was 2.4 litre engine and my insurance @ 16,000 miles/ annum cost me about £2,000 est. It begs to wonder if i did myself a good deal. I don't mean to brag about being a petrol head, but i do enjoy a spirited drive now and then, and i don't think any 1.something engine would give me that pleasure! Still, the insurance here is crazy, I wonder if breeze can blow that colt when trailer overtakes?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 15, 2018
My people I need help o. I don't know if I'm seeing correctly or maybe I need to refine my search.
Has anyone booked a return ticket to naija for the holidays?
The cheapest I'm seeing is 600k while half of that would take me to the US and back.
Elders and veterans in the house, is there something I'm not doing right?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:27am On Dec 15, 2018
EsotericMonk:
My people I need help o. I don't know if I'm seeing correctly or maybe I need to refine my search.
The cheapest I'm seeing is 600k while half of that would take me to the US and back.
Change your travel dates and you will see cheaper fares

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2018
RalphJean:

Change your travel dates and you will see cheaper fares
Thanks boss. Would try and tweak a bit, I'm looking at first week of January
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 11:58pm On Dec 15, 2018
Do you have any specific airline in mind? I could be of help if you don’t mind.

EsotericMonk:

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
EsotericMonk:

It's Christmas season...one of the most expensive times to travel. change your travel time if you can

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 11:44pm On Dec 16, 2018
EsotericMonk:

Bros want to go do Christmas flexin in Naija. As home office would say, better flex on skype. Travelling to Nigeria can take you on European tour this season

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
EsotericMonk:

its peak season...August, from mid december-early january and some other Holidays are red hot!

one of the reason I was hopelessly rooting for AirNigeria and na FlyNigeria airline..they are really milking us! I wonder what happened to AirPeace by now they should be flying to Europe and surely Arik should have sorted themselves out
not that I'll take these airlines in the first instance but they will provide some competiton for the established ones

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by subcbouy: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2018
DisGuy:

its peak season...August, from mid december-early january and some other Holidays are red hot!

one of the reason I was hopelessly rooting for AirNigeria and na FlyNigeria airline..they are really milking us! I wonder what happened to AirPeace by now they should be flying to Europe and surely Arik should have sorted themselves out
not that I'll take these airlines in the first instance but they will provide some competiton for the established ones
No need preaching what you can't board. let milking continues till we grow our airlines.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CowbellY: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sorted.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
Can you see how daft those two mongrels that think everyone in UK is suffering.?

https://punchng.com/nigerians-residing-in-uk-top-list-of-money-senders-world-bank/
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
^^ You mean those stingy UK people send money to their friends and relatives in Nigeria shocked shocked

The US, Canada, Spain and South Africa were the next biggest senders to the UK.
But but I was made to believe people in Nigeria are the ones keeping their UK brethrens afloat na

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
DisGuy:
^^ You mean those stingy UK people send money to their friends and relatives in Nigeria shocked shocked

But but I was made to believe people in Nigeria are the ones keeping their UK brethrens afloat na

I wonder too o
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
wonlasewonimi:
Can you see how daft those two mongrels that think everyone in UK is suffering.?

https://punchng.com/nigerians-residing-in-uk-top-list-of-money-senders-world-bank/

Living like ants and eating like ants...........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 2:59am On Dec 19, 2018
Morning all. Do anyone have idea on best housing association to apply to because in Borough of West Sussex, most of the Housing associations only want you to be over 65yrs or Disable.
Cost of 2&3bedroom is almost £1200
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:07am On Dec 19, 2018
Phenmeson:
Morning all. Do anyone have idea on best housing association to apply to because in Borough of West Sussex, most of the Housing associations only want you to be over 65yrs or Disable.
Cost of 2&3bedroom is almost £1200

You can only apply to Housing associations, in the borough you are resident......

Lack of housing stock, is the main reason for the shortage....

Applying through housing associations, you could be on the waiting list for over 15 years........

YOUR OPTIONS - :

Private rental market

OR

Purchasing (mortgage)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 4:50am On Dec 19, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You can only apply to Housing associations, in the borough you are resident......

Lack of housing stock, is the main reason for the shortage....

Applying through housing associations, you could be on the waiting list for over 15 years........

YOUR OPTIONS - :

Private rental market

OR

Purchasing (mortgage)

Presently on private renting of £1295 monthly but seeing people paying £600-800 in same Borough like me weakens me. Over £500 different monthly no be joke oooo
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:58am On Dec 19, 2018
Phenmeson:

Presently on private renting of £1295 monthly but seeing people paying £600-800 in same Borough like me weakens me. Over £500 different monthly no be joke oooo

By default, social housing is meant to be cheaper than the private rental market.......

Are you drawing this comparison from social vs privately rented accommodation?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 10:04am On Dec 19, 2018
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=73975847]

Boss, let's divert from the housing topic a wee bit.

DH is applying to join me here.
Thing is, he made an error he only realized after submission of application. He answered 'NO'to 'Have you travelled to other countries sorta questions. He's travelled to Ghana where he spent less than 48hours.
After he found and told me, I felt an affidavit to that effect (omitting travel history) would suffice but I have to seek counsel. What's our take on this? Better still, what's the way forward (I'm just praying it won't be starting all over with a fresh application)
@justwise
@lexusgs430 and the veterans, please help she'd more light, thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by davide470(m): 10:15am On Dec 19, 2018
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:23am On Dec 19, 2018
[quote author=ecstacy29 post=73982606][/quote]

Has he submitted the application? Ghanaian travel history is probably not on a shared database....... Nothing to worry about......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 10:39am On Dec 19, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Has he submitted the application? Ghanaian travel history is probably not on a shared database....... Nothing to worry about......

Yes he has submitted and a biometric appointment date is just 2weeks away.
The last last sentence made me heave a sigh of relief!
Thanks for your prompt response!!! Gracias smiley smiley smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 11:00am On Dec 19, 2018
[quote author=ecstacy29 post=73982606][/quote]

They are more interested in countries you need a visa to enter...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2018
ecstacy29:

Yes he has submitted and a biometric appointment date is just 2weeks away.
The last last sentence made me heave a sigh of relief!
Thanks for your prompt response!!! Gracias smiley smiley smiley

Now feel free to relax, if natural relaxation methods fails, try a bit of ecstacy tablets....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
EngrSaks:

They are more interested in countries you need a visa to enter...

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Now feel free to relax, if natural relaxation methods fails, try a bit of ecstacy tablets....... cheesy

angry grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2018
DaveChapelle:

Bros want to go do Christmas flexin in Naija. As home office would say, better flex on skype. Travelling to Nigeria can take you on European tour this season....
As in ehn, only £70 would take me to a good number of Euro cities but why would I go from cold to colder? cheesy
Europe na for summer runs.
Many thanks @engrsaks , mimzyy, disguy

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.