Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

CBN Agriculture Scheme To Boost Food Security, Employment In Abia - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / CBN Agriculture Scheme To Boost Food Security, Employment In Abia (438 Views)

A Friend Just Introduced Arbitum One Crypto Cashout Scheme To Me. Is It Legit? / Looking For A Legit Scheme to invest your Cryptocurrency? / Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme: Nigerian Sues EFCC, Others For Defamation, Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CBN Agriculture Scheme To Boost Food Security, Employment In Abia by Akachukwuroland: 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
CBN Agriculture Scheme To Boost Food Security, Employment In Abia

The Abia State Government has formally sworn in a project management team of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Accelerated Agricultural scheme, as part of efforts to boost food production and provide 10,000 jobs for Abia youths.

The team has the commissioner of Agriculture as the chairman, with the Programme Director of the Agriculture Development Programme (ADP), Head of Development Finance officer of the CBN, representative of farmers, representative of Bank of Agriculture and State Director of National Directorate of Employment (NDE) as members.

At the inauguration of the committee at the Ministry of Agriculture Headquarters Umuahia, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Uzoamaka Ikonne, said it was the governor’s directive and in line with the CBN requirement for the programme.

According to her, the state government is ready to implement the scheme in the state and expressed hope that the success of the scheme will help curb youth restiveness.

“As a state, we have shown readiness to buy into the CBN programme, because agriculture is one of the main pillars of development of the Governor Ikpeazu administration.

“I want you to know that this government has taken concrete steps to procure farming equipment and delve into novel areas of agriculture like mushroom farming aim to boost agriculture development”.

The chairman of the project management team, Uzor Azubuike, in his remarks, explained that the state is set to implement the scheme as it can boast of enough hectares of land to accommodate the scheme.

“I want to thank Governor Ikpeazu for his interest in the welfare of the people and the agricultural sector, as well as the CBN for its relentless effort in opening various windows of opportunities to assist Nigerians especially the youths”.

Re: CBN Agriculture Scheme To Boost Food Security, Employment In Abia by fernandoc(m): 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
I had fish pond in abia state. I need the government to assist me with capital to continue the business. I'm an Abia indigene.

(1) (Reply)

Power Of Creative Thinking / Online Web Store For Sale Complete With Interswitch Payment Gateway / AIRDROP ALERT! Receive FREE Etherbtc!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.