Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) (30476 Views)

Nasarawa Footballer, Jonah Slumps And Dies During Match (Photos) / Yusuf Usman Usein Slumps And Dies While Training / Footballer Damilola Slumps And Dies During Match In Osun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2017
you can only know your friends only when the chip is down, he called them for help, but they abandoned him, betraying is in every Blackman's bloodstream
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Mekanus(m): 9:30am On Nov 06, 2017

As coach Paul Banigo was putting together his exercise tools, he slumped and cried for help, but none was rendered. All those present, initially ran to different compass directions, for sundry reasons. Paul Banigo died.
He called for help but they all ran away, maybe, even a CPR could have saved this man.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Daeylar(f): 9:31am On Nov 06, 2017
exlinkleads:

A popular sports coach and fitness trainer in Cross River State, Paul Banigo slumped and died in UJ Esuene Stadium, Calabar on Saturday November 4th.

Below is the account by Rt. Hon. Orok Otu Duke, CRS Sports Commission...

"He jogged into the UJ Esuene Stadium in the morning to keep a rendezvous with the members of the public and sundry state Athletes, who had adopted him as their personal coach and Aerobics Instructor. However, today's rendezvous turned out to be with death.

As coach Paul Banigo was putting together his exercise tools, he slumped and cried for help, but none was rendered. All those present, initially ran to different compass directions, for sundry reasons. Paul Banigo died.

The Stadium Clinic is not functional and I am working with the Hon Commissioner for Health to remedy this anomaly.

Today's tragedy caught us by surprise and came to us at a time that we are financially unstable. Since no hospital would accept Coach Banigo's Corpse without the requisite financial commitment, we were left in a quandary. But initial help came our way through ex Gov Donald Duke and his wife Onari... (God bless Their Benevolent Souls). Mrs Duke reached out to the Navy Hospital, Calabar and they agreed to receive the body for "autopsy and embalmment".

We have visited the hospital for the third time this night, the Corpse is in good hands and His Excellency, Governor Ben Ayade has been briefed accordingly and the needful will be done.

As a staff of the CRS, Paul had taken up the extra responsibility of taking up those who had recently been dislocated from using the House of Assembly hill for exercise purposes, due to recent security concerns. On the fateful Saturday morning, Paul died on duty, on official duty. But when he fell, initial help could not be rendered. Not even a CPR? So sad.

The 8 years relegation of the Sports Commission created the rot... No Ambulances, offices, buses,facilities etc. The process of rebuilding the infrastructure and repositioning sports is on and it is "work in progress".

The CRS Governor will fund and staff the UJ Esuene Stadium Clinic, we are committed to work with the Commissioner for Health, SA Budget and the CRSHA to achieve this with the 2018 Budget.
No avoidable tragedy should befall us again in CRS Sports family. Never Again.

Rest in Peace Coach Paul Banigo.

Rt. Hon. Orok Otu Duke JP
Chairman,
CRS Sports Commission.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/11/breaking-news-nigerian-coach-slumps-and.html

Just imagine, this man shouldn't have died.
This country.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:34am On Nov 06, 2017
His village ppl are now dabbing like iz our work o!!!......... I HATE NIGERIA!!!
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by wuhor: 9:34am On Nov 06, 2017
rip
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Lovetinz(m): 9:35am On Nov 06, 2017
CPR Steps

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) can help save a life during a cardiac or breathing emergency. However, even after training, remembering the CPR steps and administering them correctly can be a challenge. In order to help you help someone in need, we've created this simple step-by-step guide that you can print up and place on your refrigerator, in your car, in your bag or at your desk.
Before Giving CPR
Check the scene and the person. Make sure the scene is safe, then tap the person on the shoulder and shout "Are you OK?" to ensure that the person needs help.

Call 911 for assistance. If it's evident that the person needs help, call (or ask a bystander to call) 911, then send someone to get an AED. (If an AED is unavailable, or a there is no bystander to access it, stay with the victim, call 911 and begin administering assistance.)

Open the airway. With the person lying on his or her back, tilt the head back slightly to lift the chin.

Check for breathing. Listen carefully, for no more than 10 seconds, for sounds of breathing. (Occasional gasping sounds do not equate to breathing.) If there is no breathing begin CPR.

Red Cross CPR Steps
CPush hard, push fast. Place your hands, one on top of the other, in the middle of the chest. Use your body weight to help you administer compressions that are at least 2 inches deep and delivered at a rate of at least 100 compressions per minute.

Deliver rescue breaths. With the person's head tilted back slightly and the chin lifted, pinch the nose shut and place your mouth over the person's mouth to make a complete seal. Blow into the person's mouth to make the chest rise. Deliver two rescue breaths, then continue compressions.

Note: If the chest does not rise with the initial rescue breath, re-tilt the head before delivering the second breath. If the chest doesn't rise with the second breath, the person may be choking. After each subsequent set of 100 chest compressions, and before attempting breaths, look for an object and, if seen, remove it.

Continue CPR steps. Keep performing cycles of chest compressions and breathing until the person exhibits signs of life, such as breathing, an AED becomes available, or EMS or a trained medical responder arrives on scene.

Note: End the cycles if the scene becomes unsafe or you cannot continue performing CPR due to exhaustion.

http://www.redcross.org/m/take-a-class/cpr/perfoming-cpr/cpr-steps

1 Like

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by elampiro(m): 9:35am On Nov 06, 2017
Queenlovely:
Rip sir. I know him very well. A coworker at NLNG bonny Gas company.

I just slipped and lost conscious at Lyon in France. Doctor recommended regular heart check-up. Ever since I never missed an appointment. I do comprehensive Medical test

It looks like you know everyone. Na who you be?

You know celebrities, you met Jim Iyke, you met this, that.

I checked your profile pic, it same you. But you get fine face sha. wink

1 Like

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by lordpherow98(m): 9:35am On Nov 06, 2017
Back then when you exercise regularly, you sure live long.
Nowadays u like u exercise every minute, you still slump and die.
It will never be well with the man from Daura
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by millomaniac: 9:36am On Nov 06, 2017
Spaxon:
code red Code red. Code red
VILLAGE PEOPLE I REPEAT VILLAGE PEOPLE

ALL UNITS STANDBY

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL

SHOOT ANY VILLAGER AT CLOSE RANGE

It is not village people. It is fact that this happens from time to time especially with sports men.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Leonbonapart(m): 9:37am On Nov 06, 2017
sholatech:
You see..Irony of life..When i go for my usual medical tests, they ring it to my ears to develop regular exercise habits..But i keep reading about athletes and people with serious exercise habits collapsing and dyring while at it..So if i dont exercise, I will die..If i exercise, I go still die..Abeg let me continue to chop life oo
that's why God is my all

"body exercise profit little" said the word of God
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by jamace(m): 9:43am On Nov 06, 2017
Man's hidden fears and problems are numerous. Suppresing them by any means tell a lot on the physical, .mental and emotional being of any man. When the limit of endurance is reached, breaking down can not be helped.
Therefore, live responsibly.

RIP to him.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by abiolag(m): 9:43am On Nov 06, 2017
RIP coach
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 06, 2017
may his soul RIP... DOSE senior madams sha

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Denko2721987(m): 9:48am On Nov 06, 2017
Pls can someone just point to one single institution thats works to standard in this country, pls just one? And why do Nigerians have this very bad habit of running for nothing like fools whenever something like this happens and someone is in dire need?
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2017
Spaxon:
code red Code red. Code red
VILLAGE PEOPLE I REPEAT VILLAGE PEOPLE

ALL UNITS STANDBY

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL

SHOOT ANY VILLAGER AT CLOSE RANGE

You are too beautiful to be a nutcase
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by donem: 9:57am On Nov 06, 2017
RIP Coach Paul, still find it hard to believe. u where my best Gym instructor, would solely miss you.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by FRANKOSKI(m): 10:00am On Nov 06, 2017
CARDIAC ARREST!
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Dnockeror333(m): 10:09am On Nov 06, 2017
THE SECRECY OF SOME DEATH:

When they took covenant from deep secret coven

To be uplifted to prominence

They were given, but to their level of most secreted blood sacrifice

When they could not continue paying their yearly, monthly... prize does promised

Because they wanted to repent...

Because they are tired of `the man from the dark'

Seeing this, he commands, hack down his soul....

Go! they slump and die some minutes to confession

God, may this innocent childish men/women souls, who knew not their right or left, rest in your Mercy...!!!
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 10:14am On Nov 06, 2017
IAmSkinny:
I believe he would have survived with prompt first aid treatment and a stand by medic team. This is Nigeria, nothing like paramedics, nothing like first aid! He slumped and people ran away in different directions probably because the Nigerian police factor may come in later.
In Nigeria, one can die from something as little as a stab wound to the thigh: you will bleed to death. RIP sir.

A stab wound to the thigh is one of the fastest ways to die anywhere in the world, with or without first aid treatment.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by IAmSkinny: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2017
SmartyPants:

A stab wound to the thigh is one of the fastest ways to die anywhere in the world, with or without first aid treatment.
Why?
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by onadana: 10:21am On Nov 06, 2017
sholatech:
You see..Irony of life..When i go for my usual medical tests, they ring it to my ears to develop regular exercise habits..But i keep reading about athletes and people with serious exercise habits collapsing and dyring while at it..So if i dont exercise, I will die..If i exercise, I go still die..Abeg let me continue to chop life oo

Tor chop life and die na. Bob since you go die why you drink water after food instead of sniper. Why you dey look road before you cross. Death is inevitable. It will come when it will come but not yet.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 10:24am On Nov 06, 2017
IAmSkinny:

Why?

The femoral artery is the largest artery in the body and it runs through the right thigh in particular. If you get stabbed through your femoral artery it is literally like turning on a tap: Your blood will gush out and you will die within 5-15 minutes max.

First aid cant stop the flow of blood from the femoral artery and only emergency surgery with a steady flow of blood transfusion can save you humanly.

So unless you got stabbed right on the operating table, your chances of survival from such an injury are close to zero.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by thundafire: 10:33am On Nov 06, 2017
State has been neglected since Duke left and slow poke imoke vandalised dey stadium and left unfinished while dey state is run by 2 brothers so confused and awarding contracts 2 themselves only while commissioners lived big in Duke time dey are beggars now
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 06, 2017
lordpherow98:
Back then when you exercise regularly, you sure live long.
Nowadays u like u exercise every minute, you still slump and die.
It will never be well with the man from Daura

Lol. That's why I stopped playing football; too strenuous on the heart. Simple walking, biking, elliptical ride and light weight lifting should be enough.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 06, 2017
Denko2721987:
Pls can someone just point to one single institution thats works to standard in this country, pls just one? And why do Nigerians have this very bad habit of running for nothing like fools whenever something like this happens and someone is in dire need?

That's why disolving this country is way to go...this country has been damaged beyond repair; systematically, culturally and psychologically. Imagine calling ex. Governor for hospital to accept corpse. SMH
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by IAmSkinny: 10:54am On Nov 06, 2017
SmartyPants:

The femoral artery is the largest artery in the body and it runs through the right thigh in particular. If you get stabbed through your femoral artery it is literally like turning on a tap: Your blood will gush out and you will die within 5-15 minutes max.

First aid cant stop the flow of blood from the femoral artery and only emergency surgery with a steady flow of blood transfusion can save you humanly.

So unless you got stabbed right on the operating table, your chances of survival from such an injury are close to zero.
Now this is serious!!!! Are you a doctor or something? Well I was just trying to make a point which simply has to do with minor injuries causing death in Nigeria.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by kabaka1: 11:03am On Nov 06, 2017
IAmSkinny:
I believe he would have survived with prompt first aid treatment and a stand by medic team. This is Nigeria, nothing like paramedics, nothing like first aid! He slumped and people ran away in different directions probably because the Nigerian police factor may come in later.
In Nigeria, one can die from something as little as a stab wound to the thigh: you will bleed to death. RIP sir.

Naija is obviously a 6th world country. fck our govts who r just busy dumping stolen money into their secret accounts instead building strong institutions with the money
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Denko2721987(m): 11:06am On Nov 06, 2017
liberalsinnerx:

That's why disolving this country is way to go...this country has been damaged beyond repair; systematically, culturally and psychologically. Imagine calling ex. Governor for hospital to accept corpse. SMH

We just need to go back to the regional system of governance or find another system that works. We have been deceiveing ourselves for just too long.

1 Like

Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Amadaz(m): 11:10am On Nov 06, 2017
Dnockeror333:
THE SECRECY OF SOME DEATH:

When they took covenant from deep secret coven

To be uplifted to prominence

They were given, but to their level of most secreted blood sacrifice

When they could not continue paying their yearly, monthly... prize does promised

Because they wanted to repent...

Because they are tired of `the man from the dark'

Seeing this, he commands, hack down his soul....

Go! they slump and die some minutes to confession

God, may this innocent childish men/women souls, who knew not their right or left, rest in your Mercy...!!!
you sound like an paranormal investigator or you have a deep knowledge about voodoo. I like to enlightened about spiritism.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by IAmSkinny: 11:32am On Nov 06, 2017
kabaka1:

Naija is obviously a 6th world country. fck our govts who r just busy dumping stolen money into their secret accounts instead building strong institutions with the money
Our leaders have fuc#ked up our lives.
What about we the citizens? The average Nigeria behaves like an animal and a thug. We are disobedient, disloyal, corrupt, selfish, stubborn, ass#lickers and cowardly in nature. We complain of infrastructure but we ourselves will vandalise and loot it once it is put in place after all "na government get am, no be my papa own". I can't believe people ran away after the coach slumped and was shouting for help.
Our government demons but we the citizens ain't Saints either and we contributed to this mess.
Re: Paul Banigo, Coach Slumps And Dies During Training In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 06, 2017
sholatech:
The most annoying thing is that, since Nigeria gotten independence, no single functional government clinic in Nigeria. But, the same government even the president and all the government officials are proud of using taxpayers money abroad medical treatments.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chealsea And The Teams Messi Has Never Scored Against / Gambler Incurs N145,000 Debt While Celebrating N36,000 Win / The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.