Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,036 members, 7,799,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG (19317 Views)

Again, Strike Looms As ASUU Waits Till Midnight For FG To Meet Demands / Another Strike Looms Over "Unpaid 10-Month Salary" - ASUU / Non-academic staff begin Protests, Fresh strike looms in Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by dammy13(m): 7:42am On Nov 06, 2017
​Fresh strike may be in the offing across Nigeria Universities as the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) holds its National Executive Council (NEC) meeting this week.

The NEC, which is the highest decision making body of the union, is to review Federal government’s implementation of the Memorandum of Action (MoA) it signed with the union before it suspended its strike a few months ago.

Both government and ASUU had agreed to an MoA which stipulated that the federal government would have implemented its agreed contents latest by October, 2017.

The federal government according to investigation, however, was yet to implement issuance of license for the registration of Nigerian University Pension Company (NUPEMCO) which it promised to do within two weeks of strike suspension.

The FG is also defaulting in payment of ‘Earned Academic Allowances and revatilisation funds’ for public universities.

Some lecturers at the University of Ibadan, who spoke with journalists on the condition of anormnity at the weekend noted that it was unfortunate that the government had not paid as promised by end of October.

They said they had asked their leadership not to suspend the strike until the government paid the money as promised but didn’t heed their advice.

Based on the tension generated on campuses, ASUU President Professor Biodun Ogunyemi sent a mail to all the members to douse the tension over the payment of earned academic allowances

“Dear Comrades, the leadership of the union is aware of the palpable tensions on our campuses over the delay in the payment of Earned Academic Allowances (EAA).

“It is therefore not a surprise that for the past three days, a circular dated 24 October, 2017 related to EAA is already trending on some social media network/platforms. The leadership of the union can say categorically that the gaps/Omissions in the said circular were addressed at a meeting with the Honourable Minister of Education last weekend. We have gone far on the matter and there should be results in a matter of days. Thank you”, he wrote.

It was gathered that the Federal Government audit teams have visited campuses and concluded the auditing of staff as agreed but was yet to pay the 23billion Naira promised by the end of October as payment for the 2009/2010 Earned Academic Allowances of lecturers in public universities in Nigeria.

It was also gathered that the NEC of the union will review the implementation of the Memorandum of Action and jointly take a decision on it.

http://fabinfos.com/fresh-ASUU-strike-looms-union-reviews-deal-fg/

Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by otokx(m): 8:00am On Nov 06, 2017
They should give the government till end of December to fulfill all their obligations before resuming strike January 1.

7 Likes

Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by Donald50: 8:13am On Nov 06, 2017
The system, called man is down..,,,a virus called SELFISHNESS has invaded it..the negative effect is malfunctioning man...,,,,Man oh man when will we be free from selfishness Our Education is deadened,the government is doing nothing about it,those involved are seeking for theirs,,,many have taken advantage of the failed system to sustain themselves...We have nothing to hold on to...Our leaders have failed us,the citizens have failed themselves by anchoring to the following ideologies..Tribalism,Nepotism and Favourism in voting in and selecting their leaders...I think we need to shut down all systems in this country,,,and lock ourselves out of the reach of the world outside us,,then think on how to solve the basic problems our masters caused,followed by the issues we created for us....Can Nigeria be the same again?

3 Likes

Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by AutoCorrect1: 9:57am On Nov 06, 2017
Which way forward in this country? Nothing seems to be working.

In other news, how Arsenal and Man Utd fans looked like this weekend.

5 Likes

Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 06, 2017
Kai. Saint buhari nawaoooo
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by spongeisback: 10:51am On Nov 06, 2017
Nothing is working in Nigeria. I just head on the news right now that snake anti-venom is scarce, electricity?no comments on that one. The only thing not scarce in Nigeria is problems.

7 Likes

Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by Oloripelebe: 10:51am On Nov 06, 2017
This pple are just lazy.. . grin grin
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by pawesome(m): 10:52am On Nov 06, 2017
ASUU..dose guys re persistent joh....hw i wish some f dia children attend public univeristies
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by delikay4luv: 10:53am On Nov 06, 2017
Here we go again. ASUU strike is like Election.
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 06, 2017
cheesy my neighborhood will be filled again ...

let me go get my hook and line...

and most importantly pi-m-p my boat with new stereo.

3 Likes

Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 06, 2017
This Country Is Dead.
Even Education Have Die!

1 Like

Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by EmmaLege: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2017
Ah ah undecided
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by Akinz0126(m): 10:58am On Nov 06, 2017
Just when you think you've heard it all.

Every morning na soso negative news for 9ja can't remember last time I read about good news with positive vibe. More reason I just read headlines this days and zoom off
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by jonbellion(m): 11:03am On Nov 06, 2017
*sigh*
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by bestabigaelever(f): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2017
God!
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by IbBarham(m): 11:05am On Nov 06, 2017
ASUU e Jo o... No waste person time
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by Esiobu95(m): 11:06am On Nov 06, 2017
Let them use all the recovered looted money to settle ASSU na.

1 Like

Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by coldnigger(m): 11:07am On Nov 06, 2017
pesin no go resume school again
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by agabaI23(m): 11:07am On Nov 06, 2017
pawesome:
ASUU..dose guys re persistent joh....hw i wish someh f dia children attend public univeristies
Some you said? Most of their kids are in public schools.

1 Like

Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by iretemide(f): 11:08am On Nov 06, 2017
OK next
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by Vick4rill(m): 11:11am On Nov 06, 2017
nonsense, l taught l read somewhere that federal government released some cash to them this week
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by psalmhorah(m): 11:11am On Nov 06, 2017
which way 9ja
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by ambrosini593(m): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2017
that means the earned allowance is for 2009/2010 only.
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by Lisaint(m): 11:21am On Nov 06, 2017
Buhari-led government is not not ready to implement any 2009 or 2013 agreement.

I said it the moment ASUU announce conditional suspension of strike
I knew it a time bomb

No priority is given to education in this country
Very soon they will start uploading pictures of their wards convocation in foreign institutions

Minister of Labour is not saying anything now
It's when they downtools that he will be shouting in the media

From year one up to this current moment i known how many month have waste on ASUU strike both internal and National ASUU.

And its no that there is automatic employment after all this trash
A Proffessor of geology in Ui was quoted this morning saying "Graduate of Geology are now riding okada"

Wtf
In a nutshell
everything in Nigeria is F9

2 Likes

Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by Lisaint(m): 11:23am On Nov 06, 2017
Vick4rill:
nonsense, l taught l read somewhere that federal government released some cash to them this week

Can you provide the link
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by TheTourist: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2017
ONE MORE ASUU STRIKE AND I'M DON WITH THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IN THIS COUNTRY.

I'LL PACK MY BAGS AND LEAVE FOR GOOD
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by peacemara54(m): 11:32am On Nov 06, 2017
Batches delivered successfully, much thanks goes to our customers for the trust and confidence.

we will not disappoint , will keep delivering quality the real and raw honey to customers. if other suppliers disappoint by supplying fake, God helping us we will not. I stand for the quality on this forum nothing less.

we supply to states in Nigeria
Distance is not a barrier
just check my signature and my contact here on the forum. we deliver as fast as possible
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by DONADAMS(m): 11:40am On Nov 06, 2017
thought I heard govt settled them yesterday?
Re: Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG by Tedassie(m): 11:56am On Nov 06, 2017
Vick4rill:
oga,it is Thought

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. / PHOTOS: ASUU Delegates Meet Saraki / Poly Students Taunt University Students With Diss Song As ASUU Strike Lingers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.