Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell (12817 Views)

Hell Is Waiting For Womens In Trousers... (Photo) / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Ignatio(m): 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2010
A preacher who spoke the word of God in the bus I entered yesterday made a statement that women in trousers would go to hell. How true is this and does it have any biblical backing? Besides are trousers only made for men to wear?
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Paschaldasilva(m): 4:28am On Mar 20, 2010
I think is only for men and thats the reason trousers always have zip in front.

1 Like

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by jagunlabi(m): 4:50am On Mar 20, 2010
Trousers wearing will take you to hell if you are a female.Lol! cheesy Even i find it hard to believe that some christians can be this shallow in their thinking? shocked
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by benodic: 7:42am On Mar 20, 2010
my dear, God does not give a damn about what you are wearing or what you eating. what matters to God is the state of your heart. is it full of love for life or is it full of hatred. the choice is yours
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Paschaldasilva(m): 8:45am On Mar 20, 2010
Who the hell told you that what you wear, eat, how you walk and all the rest don't matter. He or She has decieved you. You better repent from that before is late.

2 Likes

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 20, 2010
Topic.
The bible u know so well says, The man shall not put on the apparel of a woman and vice-versa.
The key word here is Moderation, Heaven or hell aint for human beings to judge. Geddit? Deal wif ya belief.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Joagbaje(m): 9:28am On Mar 20, 2010
Paschaldasilva:

I think is only for men and thats the reason trousers always have zip in front.

what about the skirt that has bottons in front and the trousers that have zip at the back, are they for men?
You should not read your personal opinion into Christianity. God does not judge the outward appearance
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Paschaldasilva(m): 9:55am On Mar 20, 2010
My friend stop decieving yourself. Skirts always have button or zip beside or at the back. you and I know too well that trousers always have zip in front not at the back. I believe you are above 20years. When you where 5years, which people do you know that wear trouser. Girls that where trousers those days where seen as Prostitutes. So be real.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by busoye19: 10:36am On Mar 20, 2010
brein:

Topic.
The bible u know so well says, The man shall not put on the apparel of a woman and vice-versa.
The key word here is Moderation, Heaven or hell aint for human beings to judge. Geddit? Deal wif ya belief.

If you examine critically. You'll discover that, the styles and the way women trousers is sowed are different from that of men. Women have there own styles. If you as a man put on women trousers, people will call you a 'Mad Man'
Besides, it has been legalized, in some part of the world, for women to wear trousers to guild against rape. So, the motive behind it is what matters.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by MPEROR: 11:52am On Mar 20, 2010
if the pastor ever work in a factory with a lot of machines tell him to send his mother in there with a wrapper and she will be in heaven soon enough
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by benodic: 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2010
thanks a lot mperor for that wonderful post. you see anytime man starts losing his common sense in the name of religion that is when trouble starts for that is also when intolerance starts. i have been in some places in northern nigeria where people threw stones at my wife because she was wearing trousers without realising that she was wearing because of the nature of work she was doing. one should not throw away his/her common sense in the name of religion
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by okenwa(m): 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2010
@ poster,
THE LAW AGAINST DRESSING LIKE THE OPPOSITE SEX IS FOUND IN THE BOOK OF DEUTERONOMY 22:5
"[i][/i]the woman shall not wear that which partaineth to a man and neither shall man wear that which partaineth unto a woman.for all who does so are abormination unto the lord thy God "

THE LESSON TO LEARN HERE:
1. trouser belong to men ( ethically) and ear-ring belong to women. so let men wear their apparell and women wear their ear-rings only, any violation to this rule is ,
2. , an abomination against GOD and not man( your friend, pastor,mentor,musicians, western world etc)

DEAR BREATHEN
this is a command (deut 22:5), you see the truth is bitter(very bitter). men and women shall not wear the garments that will violate the distinction of their sex, let us remember that the bible is written to us for correction and the maintenance of decency so that we will be what God wants us to be rather than what we want to be by our own standard.
it is an outrage on decency when we( men) put on earings. the passage does not refer to clothing alone, but any apparell belonging to each sex:

i don't know how to put it better for us to undastand, but the bible is there for us to read, but you will hear some 'belivers' telling you that God look at the heart and not the outward appearance. pls do not listin to such words because the wisdom of this speach is from the pit of hell( remember that the devil can quote bible too) and if God look at the heart of someone violating DEUT 22:5 all He will see is DISOBEDIENT

pride and decency do not go hand-in-hand. you can't see a man with ear-ring on the pulpit, hey abomination
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Joagbaje(m): 11:07pm On Mar 20, 2010
Paschaldasilva:

My friend stop decieving yourself. Skirts always have button or zip beside or at the back. you and I know too well that trousers always have zip in front not at the back. I believe you are above 20years. When you where 5years, which people do you know that wear trouser. Girls that where trousers those days where seen as love-peddlers. So be real.
And who told you trouser is for men. We deal with issues of life according to scriptures as Christians, not  personal view.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by okenwa(m): 11:32pm On Mar 20, 2010
Joagbaje:

And who told you trouser is for men. We deal with issues of life according to scriptures as Christians, not personal view.

there is a being inside you ask that being who is to wear trouser and other types of appareall
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Joagbaje(m): 11:41pm On Mar 20, 2010
@okenwa

okenwa:

@ poster,
THE LAW AGAINST DRESSING LIKE THE opposite gender IS FOUND IN THE BOOK OF DEUTERONOMY 22:5
"[i][/i]the woman shall not wear that which partaineth to a man and neither shall man wear that which partaineth unto a woman.for all who does so are abormination unto the lord thy God "
-in-hand. you can't see a man with ear-ring on the pulpit, hey abomination

The scripture you quoted does not make reference to trouser or design. In isreal those days , they wore thesame thing, there was no difference. male and female both wore gowns . Jesus didnt wear trouser. They all wore gowns. The bible was against a man wearing a particular gown a woman has worn already.  it was not about design.  We are the one labelling it trousers. And besides we are no longer under the law

2 Likes

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Joagbaje(m): 11:49pm On Mar 20, 2010
@ Okenwa

But if you want to be under law. It would be hypocritical to pick only one verse to adress another person ,while you are "guilty" of other part , why? what about verse 11.

Deut. 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

Many of our clothes are synthetic. mixture of different materials. Your shirt must be same material with your skirt. Guilty or not guilty?
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by bawomolo(m): 12:20am On Mar 21, 2010
lol going to hell because you wear trousers.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by InesQor(m): 5:15am On Mar 21, 2010
[size=16pt]Men in T-shirts: Heaven or Hell? shocked shocked tongue[/size]
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:25am On Mar 22, 2010
[size=18pt]DEUTERONOMY [/size]
I was about to ask why he ignored the commands to stone people to death for not obeying the first three or four commandments? eh?
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by TEEMAMA1(f): 11:34am On Mar 22, 2010
There is nothing that back it up that whosoever that wear trouser will go to hell it is your mind and attitude that will judge where u are going to may be heaven or hell not what u put on.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ohisng(m): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2010
pLEASE leave all these hypocritical talk of trousers jare!!! There are so called christians in trousers who are worse than infidels. God looks FIRST at the heart of a person b4 clothing!!
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by diehard1: 11:45am On Mar 22, 2010
In the hebrew days when DEUTERONOMY 22 was written, i doubt if they were trousers. We know they used to wear robes both male and female, but there are robes for men and robes for women.  In our environment both men and women tie wrappers in one form or another. Will they go to hell? Scotish men wear skirts too what will be their fate. Lady engineers should be crazy wearing skirts and climbing ladders while men watch from below, at least they are wearing their own type of dress  . Would not expect to see that too. What do you say about ladies that wear very tight mini skirts, at least that one is for ladies but am sure dat may not be considered decent enough. I don't think trousers will or will not lead you to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by gentlegg(m): 11:53am On Mar 22, 2010
The Bible says that "the mortal man cannot understand the things of the spirit for they are spiritually discerned"

There are some teachings of the Bible that you cannot understand UNLESS you have been Christianized in spirit a.k.a genuinely born-again. To an ordinary girl/female, nowadays she cannot assimilate nor comprehend the stand of bible against women on trousers, simply due to the extent of moral decadency today.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by gentlegg(m): 11:56am On Mar 22, 2010
ohisng:

pLEASE leave all these hypocritical talk of trousers jare!!! There are so called christians in trousers who are worse than infidels. God looks FIRST at the heart of a person b4 clothing!!
At least he looks at clothing, whether before or after looking at heart - it doesn't matter
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 22, 2010
but in some cultures,like India's ,trousers are worn more by women than by men

so what should Indian Christians do?
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by omar22(m): 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2010
A preacher who spoke the word of God in the bus U entered yesterday made a statement that women in trousers would go to hell. How true is this and those it have any biblical backing? Besides are trousers only made for men to wear?

During the era moses there were nothing called trousers then, how did the preacher knew that a trouser is a mans outfit
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Ben13: 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2010
LOL Trousers is only a type of clothing. It's the choice of anyone who wishes to wear.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Olayinkaoj(m): 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2010
O ye Olorun.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by GEW: 12:12pm On Mar 22, 2010
wbb
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by jumie(f): 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2010
Some Christians and Carnality - Who made anyone a judge to condemn another man's attire?

Who is it that does not have a sin? What about the lust (sexual fantasy) some so-called Trouser-for-men advocates commit once they see a woman  in skirt. What about the little sins you commit behind closed doors when no one is watching?

God does not see things from the human perspective. He is not carnal and so does not see things the way a natural human will see things: for His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts.

How many people have however sat down to humbly ask God to open their eyes to see things from His own perspective? Until Christians come to this realisation, the truth be told, Many a far away from the gates of Heaven!

Let me ask a simple Question - Did Jesus Christ wear trousers or robes?

1 Like

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by illusion2: 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2010
MrPrsdent:

but in some cultures,like India's ,trousers are worn more by women than by men

so what should Indian Christians do?
Very good question

Also note Leviticus 15:19-30
And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness
All women need to make atonement every month after their monthly period. . .or else HELL FIRE !!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Shinatu: 12:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
Joagbaje:

@ Okenwa

But if you want to be under law. It would be hypocritical to pick only one verse to adress another person ,while you are "guilty" of other part , why? what about verse 11.

Deut. 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

Many of our clothes are synthetic. mixture of different materials. Your shirt must be same material with your skirt. Guilty or not guilty?

@Joagbaje
Thank you for saving me the time and energy to make this same contribution
I discovered this verse by myself, it is not the type you hear constantly from many pulpits like the Deut 22:5.
Many people who constantly quote Deut22:5 heard it from one Pastor or the other and run with it without
trying to read the whole Chapter or better the whole book or best the whole Bible!

What I know is that some type of trousers are far more decent than some skirts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss / Actual Date Of Ileya Festival / Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.