Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,913 members, 7,802,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS (2145 Views)

Scopus Journals / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 06, 2017
Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities, Scopus features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.

According to Scopus
Top Nigerian Universities in Computer Science Research(2012 - 2017)

1) Covenant University

2) Federal University of Technology, Minna

3) University of Ibadan

4) University of Nigeria

5) Obafemi Awolowo University

https://educationexplorersite./2017/11/06/top-5-nigerian-universities-in-computer-science-research-scopus/

TheVictorious Lalasticlala

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by TheVictorious(m): 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2017
I'm actually not shocked that CU tops most fields in research in Nigeria. Even on google scholar, the results this year alone has been very impressive. UI are also not doing bad.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by TheVictorious(m): 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
Statsocial. Futminna is actually one of the best schools in the country to study computer science, and their papers validate that. Do you know that that is Prof. Misra Sanjay's former school?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by TheVictorious(m): 1:41pm On Nov 06, 2017
Statsocial:
Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities, Scopus features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.

According to Scopus
Top Nigerian Universities in Computer Science Research(2012 - 2017)

1) Covenant University

2) Federal University of Technology, Minna

3) University of Ibadan

4) University of Nigeria

5) Obafemi Awolowo University

https://educationexplorersite./2017/11/06/top-5-nigerian-universities-in-computer-science-research-scopus/

TheVictorious Lalasticlala

Lalasticlala come and see!
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
TheVictorious I had a chat with the president of Webometrics a while ago and he said they are ending the repository rankings, he said many academicians were not interested and their was no resources for it.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2017
TheVictorious:
Statsocial. Futminna is actually one of the best schools in the country to study computer science, and their papers validate that. Do you know that that is Prof. Misra Sanjay's former school?
Ah! Are you serious? They also had the biggest repository of any public university in Nigeria. However it is such an underrated school. The fact that Misra was formerly lecturing there explains their position on the rank. He must have engaged many of his former colleagues to work with CU research cluster on numerous projects.

Have you heard of this man called Gureje Oye, he is a lecturer at the University of Ibadan and one of the top 5 Nigerian researchers alive and is just one position below Prof Sanjay. Covenant needs to employ that Gureje ASAP
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by TheVictorious(m): 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2017
Statsocial:
TheVictorious I had a chat with the president of Webometrics a while ago and he said they are ending the repository rankings, he said many academicians were not interested and their was no resources for it.

Woow, that's not too good a development. I think they should review their methodology and expand their scope beyond google scholar, then bid for sponsors. Because no matter how you see it, they have a role to play that bigger databases like THE and QS cannot handle especially for upcoming universities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2017
TheVictorious:
I'm actually not shocked that CU tops most fields in research in Nigeria. Even on google scholar, the results this year alone has been very impressive. UI are also not doing bad.
If you study the mined data below(which represents total research of universities since 2011) you would discover that many of the first generation universities are kind of static. Unilag has been within the same range since 2005. CU became research intensive in 2012 and as caught up with Unilag as at 2016.

Naturally, CU should never catch up with Unilag considering that Unilag offers far more courses than CU(with 32 programmes). Hence when times higher assesses Unilag's research strength it would rank Unilag very poorly because it has numerous departments producing very little research publications per year. Normally because Unilag is bigger, their own Hundred papers is equivalent to our own ten papers. But now we are even producing far more papers than Unilag(without offering medicine, law etc) and when we are assessed we would naturally rank higher by over 500 institutions.

If Unilag would make any meaningful entry into top 1000 universities then it must produce at least 800 publications per year with a university wide open access policy.

Cc TheVictorious

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by TheVictorious(m): 2:03pm On Nov 06, 2017
Statsocial:

Ah! Are you serious? They also had the biggest repository of any public university in Nigeria. However it is such an underrated school. The fact that Misra was formerly lecturing there explains their position on the rank. He must have engaged many of his former colleagues to work with CU research cluster on numerous projects.

Have you heard of this man called Gureje Oye, he is a lecturer at the University of Ibadan and one of the top 5 Nigerian researchers alive and is just one position below Prof Sanjay. Covenant needs to employ that Gureje ASAP

Yeah Futminna should have overtaken Unilag and OAU long ago if not for their location in the country. Where a school is situated matters a lot.

Gureje Oye: wow I just checked his profile online, he has the greatest google scholar citation I've seen of a Nigerian researcher.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
Statsocial and TheVictorious, you’re both doing fine in promulgating Covenant University, always digging deep to get the latest ranking that places CU above all others. grin All the best.

Well, can we have a direct a link to the PDF or the site directly and not some blog stories that can easily be fabricated?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
writerights:
Statsocial and TheVictorious, you’re both doing fine in promulgating Covenant University, always digging deep to get the latest ranking that places CU above all others. grin All the best.

Well, can we have a direct a link to the PDF or the site directly and not some blog stories that can easily be fabricated?
Lol check my post history I only promote Universities that are doing great like CU, ABUAD and the likes. It is just part of an higher education project I am into. Which means I have to research a lot about Nigerian Unis and when I see something great I put it online.

Scopus data I think can only be assessed by Universities and their lecturers. So you can only get the PDF from a university. However this particular PDF is on the front page of Covenant university website so just check.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2017
TheVictorious:

Yeah Futminna should have overtaken Unilag and OAU long ago if not for their location in the country. Where a school is situated matters a lot.

Gureje Oye: wow I just checked his profile online, he has the greatest google scholar citation I've seen of a Nigerian researcher.
He is highly ranked than some researchers in Oxford. He must be staying in UI just out of loyalty to his father land because I doubt UI could actually afford him.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol check my post history I only promote Universities that are doing great like CU, ABUAD and the likes.

Scopus data I think can only be assessed by Universities and their lecturers. So you can only get the PDF from a university. However this particular PDF is on the front page of Covenant university website so just check.

I know you've been fervent about CU and ABUAD, I'm not sure of what "the likes" mean to you. Nice one from CU then.

By the way, I've always seen dream 202020. when exactly is this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
writerights:

I know you've been fervent about CU and ABUAD, I'm not sure of what "the likes" mean to you. Nice one from CU then.

Vision 10:2022
To be one of the top 10 universities in the world by 2022
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by TheVictorious(m): 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2017
writerights:

What is this one saying You that published a list here the other day without any reference. Tell me; what do you know about scopus, how about scival, google scholar, researchgate and other global university databases?

Okay if I promulgate CU, so what

How about when I did the same for UI?

How about when I revealed here that UNN publications had the greatest transparency some years ago?

It is better and more honorable to be more silent on matters that you're less informed!
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2017
TheVictorious:

What is this one saying You that published a list here the other day without any reference. Tell me; what do you know about scopus, how about scival, google scholar, researchgate and other global university databases?

How about when I revealed here that UNN publications had the greatest transparency some years ago?

It is better and more honorable to be more silent on matters that you're less informed!

TheVictorious, I'm disappointed in you. My post was a mere friendly gesture and nothing more. I earlier saw you as that intelligent fellow who understands sarcasm and would relate better with words putting into consideration that this is a faceless forum and words can be ambiguous. I'm not sure if asked the wrong question but I'm certain I don't deserve this unfriendly response.

I made a list days ago and I informed you, not attack you, that it was my own opinion and constructive criticism was welcome. Contrary to such, this list has a source and I observed it's in pdf format, what exactly is wrong in having the said pdf and updating my knowledge?

My friend, while we throw banter at one another over our institutions, I expect our sense of reasoning to inform us that our schools don't get us jobs no matter how much we advertise and if they do, they don't keep it for us. Our individual abilities and skills do.

BTW, Statsocial was tolerant enough to give me a pleasant response.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by TheVictorious(m): 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2017
writerights:

TheVictorious, I'm disappointed at you. My post was a mere friendly gesture and nothing more. I earlier saw you as that intelligent fellow who understands sarcasm and would relate better with words putting into consideration that this is a faceless forum and words can be ambiguous. I'm not sure if asked the wrong question but I'm certain I don't deserve this unfriendly response.

I made a list days ago and I informed you, not attack you, that it was my own opinion and constructive criticism was welcome. Contrary to such, this list has a source and I observed it's in pdf format, what exactly is wrong in having the said pdf and updating my knowledge?

My friend, while we throw banter at one another over our institutions, I expect our sense of reasoning to inform us that our schools don't get us jobs no matter how much we advertise and if they do, they don't keep it for us. Our individual abilities and skills do.

I think I read a bias into your post. My bad. Accept my sincere apologies bro!
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2017
writerights:

TheVictorious, I'm disappointed in you. My post was a mere friendly gesture and nothing more. I earlier saw you as that intelligent fellow who understands sarcasm and would relate better with words putting into consideration that this is a faceless forum and words can be ambiguous. I'm not sure if asked the wrong question but I'm certain I don't deserve this unfriendly response.

Did you eventually check for the PDF? I expected you to be alarmed after I told you about the meaning of Vision 10:2022 grin
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Desyner: 8:09pm On Nov 06, 2017
TheVictorious:

As for me I support the moves of StatSocial and TheVictorious regarding CU. That school and her graduates suffer too much persecution in the hands of rivals with complexes.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
Statsocial:

Did you eventually check for the PDF? I expected you to be alarmed after I told you about the meaning of Vision 10:2022 grin

Whatever papa wants, he'd stop at nothing in getting it. I am convinced with this rate of progress, it is definitely achievable.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2017
TheVictorious:

I think I read a bias into your post. My bad. Accept my sincere apologies bro!

It's okay. Just couldn't keep that to myself. Are you a student or an alumnus of CU?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by TheVictorious(m): 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
writerights:

It's okay. Just couldn't keep that to myself. Are you a student or an alumnus of CU?

An alumnus

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by TheVictorious(m): 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2017
Desyner:
As for me I support the moves of StatSocial and TheVictorious regarding CU. That school and her graduates suffer too much persecution in the hands of rivals with complexes.

I already apologized to that guy, he didn't mean bad, I simply misunderstood him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
writerights:

Whatever papa wants, he'd stop at nothing in getting it. I am convinced with this rate of progress, it is definitely achievable.
Interesting you are a faith filled person. I also believe it is acheivable. But they should be ready to spend even more billions.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by DangotePikin: 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2017
I am not surprised at the list.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by DangotePikin: 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2017
I wish more Nairalanders could always be as matured as the commentators on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Desyner: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2017
TheVictorious:

I already apologized to that guy, he didn't mean bad, I simply misunderstood him.
I was talking generally . . .
The persecution is three much. They gossip and do all manner just to pull EAGLES down.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2017
Desyner:
I was talking generally . . .
The persecution is three much. They gossip and do all manner just to pull EAGLES down.
Don't mind them jor. I hope everyone understands that the success of Private Universities in Nigeria is a Naija story and all the growing research profile of the institutions would in turn strengthen the Country..
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Desyner: 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2017
Statsocial:

Don't mind them jor. I hope everyone understands that the success of Private Universities in Nigeria is a Naija story and all the growing research profile of the institutions would in turn strengthen the Country..
I doubt they do. They see rivals instead of partners. The sky is suppose to be too large for two birds to collide but that isn't what I observe with EAGLES and most of those other birds . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by hakeem4(m): 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2017
writerights:

10: 2022

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
Statsocial:

Interesting you are a faith filled person. I also believe it is acheivable. But they should be ready to spend even more billions.

My denomination is Living Faith and my spiritual fada is papa. I'm a winner and I case is different grin

Papa is a visionary leader, he sees in 4D. CU could have been among the best 800 universities in the world if it were the only university owned by papa and if also all the large chunk of monies being diverted into the Faith Theatre project were pumped into the rapid development and growth of CU. However, owing to papa's diverse and strange ways of seeing things, he believes all projects would run concurrently without hindrance. That's so much faith at work if you ask me.

I wouldn't be surprise if dream 10:2022 is eventually achieved.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities In Computer Science Research - SCOPUS by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2017
writerights:

My denomination is Living Faith and my spiritual fada is papa. I'm a winner and I case is different grin

Papa is a visionary leader, he sees in 4D. CU could have been among the best 800 universities in the world if it were the only university owned by papa and if also all the large chunk of monies being diverted into the Faith Theatre project were pumped into the rapid development and growth of CU. However, owing to papa's diverse and strange ways of seeing things, he believes all projects would run concurrently without hindrance. That's so much faith at work if you ask me.

I wouldn't be surprise if dream 10:2022 is eventually achieved.
Oh I see! We actually ranked 800 this year. However a technicality made it impossible to be added. The prerequisite for ranking is that you must have at least 150 publications for each year being accessed. We had over 150 for 2013-2016 but had 109 for 2012 hence we couldn't be added even though we made top 1000. But come next year the date would shift to 2013-2017 and we would definitely be on the list(projection is top 600 this time around).

Your church is doing a great job!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Get A Lecturing Job In Nigeria With A Masters Degree From NOUN? / University Of Ibadan Transcripts Processing And Forwarding / ASUU Continues Strike As FG Releases N163bn TETFUND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.