Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad (33097 Views)

US Sues Apple In Landmark iPhone Monopoly Lawsuit / TECNO Takes A Jab At Apple In A Cryptic Post (Photo) / Let Me Be The Apple In Your Hand(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Ononachi(m): 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
I doubt if Samsung actually did such illegal advert. I guess it was done by Samsung lovers to smear iphone. This advert is totally unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by samsam2019: 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ijaya123:

You can say best android phone but definitely not the best phone. Maybe you should show us the statistics for arriving at that conclusion.

Bytheway, why are Samsung users always obsessed with the iPhone. I rarely see any iPhone fan talking about Samsung because they see it as a phone always trying to be like the iPhone.
if you are an iPhone user or fan you would know Apple have always been obsessed with Samsung.

1st Steve jobs and co were crying about the success of s3 and sued.

2nd when the note series came out Steve jobs cried again and said nobody will buy a big phone. Guess what happened years later? They copied the note series and started making phablets

3rd Apple said using UQHD screen is a waste on mobile phones as it's hardly noticeable to the human eye. Guess what happened later? They paid Samsung billions of dollars to help them produce UQHD screen for their iPhone x

4th they defended their use of inferior LCD screen by saying Amoled is bad and it suffers burn in. You know what happened when they wanted to make their best ever phone? They paid Samsung billions of dollars to produce Amoled screen for their phones

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by ewizard1: 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2017
ollah1:
It's amazing that nobody is talking about the ugly notch on the iPhone x which Samsung shaded them with in the commercial.

Below is the ugly notch in a funny haircut style
That notch is plain silly. I'm sure they wanted the screen to be very close to the edge which would leave no space for the earpiece, selfiecam and sensors, it's why they used the notch.

At least they can copy from the Almighty Samsung S8 and pay fine jeje. grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by samsam2019: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
dominique:
They actually USED an iPhone for the ad, that's a direct attack. I'm sure they themselves expect to be sued
Apple do it to Samsung too. Nobody's getting sued.

Go to YouTube you'll see where Apple mocked Samsung

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2017
ewizard1:

That notch is plain silly. I'm sure they wanted the screen to be very close to the edge which would leave no space for the earpiece, selfiecam and sensors, it's why they used the notch.

At least they can copy from the Almighty Samsung S8 and pay fine jeje. grin

The notch is basically were the sensors were placed but it's a bad engineering design. They would only try but can't get it done. 2017 sexiest phone
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by anitank(f): 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2017
Give me iOS in a Samsung device and I'd definitely reconsider. Till then android is a big NO for me

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by bobo65(m): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
This shouldn't be legal
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by JIGHU(m): 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2017
YET SAMSUNG ALWAYS PROVIDE MOST SOFTWARE FOR APPLE flagship phones? even iPhone X amoled?

Ijaya123:

You can say best android phone but definitely not the best phone. Maybe you should show us the statistics for arriving at that conclusion.

Bytheway, why are Samsung users always obsessed with the iPhone. I rarely see any iPhone fan talking about Samsung because they see it as a phone always trying to be like the iPhone.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by bobo65(m): 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2017
ollah1:
It's amazing that nobody is talking about the ugly notch on the iPhone x which Samsung shaded them with in the commercial.

Below is the ugly notch in a funny haircut style

U so freaking observant

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
anitank:
Give me iOS in a Samsung device and I'd definitely reconsider. Till then android is a big NO for me

What makes Android a big no for you if I may ask?
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by maipeople(m): 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ijaya123:

Says who?
Say renown groups of Scientists
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by imperiouxx(m): 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
Rex123:

The one minute ad was colourful and an interesting advert. [s]Samsung really went out of their way with the ad[/s].

kirchofff:
Apple should sue them asap

See lot of yeye here. Some Nigerians are gullible sha. Sue ko, Susan ni. grin

In U.S companies run commercials like this. They usually show how they are better than their competitors.

See what Microsoft is doing here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-U4Yr9UNBo

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Ijaya123: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
samsam2019:
if you are an iPhone user or fan you would know Apple have always been obsessed with Samsung.

1st Steve jobs and co were crying about the success of s3 and sued.

2nd when the note series came out Steve jobs cried again and said nobody will buy a big phone. Guess what happened years later? They copied the note series and started making phablets

3rd Apple said using UQHD screen is a waste on mobile phones as it's hardly noticeable to the human eye. Guess what happened later? They paid Samsung billions of dollars to help them produce UQHD screen for their iPhone x

4th they defended their use of inferior LCD screen by saying Amoled is bad and it suffers burn in. You know what happened when they wanted to make their best ever phone? They paid Samsung billions of dollars to produce Amoled screen for their phones

In response to your 1st point, go read this http://bgr.com/2012/08/08/apple-samsung-patent-lawsuit-internal-report-copy-iphone/

You might also want to read this https://thenextweb.com/apple/2015/12/04/samsung-agrees-to-pay-apple-548-million-for-copying-its-iphone-designs/

This might also interest you https://nicklazilla.tumblr.com/post/29202801252/samsung-is-apples-biggest-fan

The list is endless from Siri, to Apple Pay, iWatch, iPad, Touch ID, all glass design etc.

Other points you raised, Samsung didn't pioneer any of them, so what the fuss?
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Ijaya123: 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2017
JIGHU:
YET SAMSUNG ALWAYS PROVIDE MOST SOFTWARE FOR APPLE flagship phones? even iPhone X amoled?

Amoled software?
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Ijaya123: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2017
maipeople:

Say renown groups of Scientists

Proof please.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by piagetskinner(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2017
That's just wicked mehn...so it was until he started growing beards before he got sense

Waiting for apples reply
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Decale: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2017
anitank:

Lol

Mine is Android in an iphone with ios apps

Won't be perfect but satisfactory
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2017
imperiouxx:

In U.S companies run commercials like this. They usually show how they are better than their competitors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-U4Yr9UNBo

Best as ever. When Microsoft dissed both companies during the launch of Lumia 520 I think
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by fujirice: 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2017
OMG!!!
This is war!!!
Mehn! I like this, not the cat and mouse game Dstv is playing with tstv or glo is playing with mtn.
Like someone rightly said, this is a frontal attack!
Geez!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ijaya123:

In response to your 1st point, go read this http://bgr.com/2012/08/08/apple-samsung-patent-lawsuit-internal-report-copy-iphone/

You might also want to read this https://thenextweb.com/apple/2015/12/04/samsung-agrees-to-pay-apple-548-million-for-copying-its-iphone-designs/

This might also interest you https://nicklazilla.tumblr.com/post/29202801252/samsung-is-apples-biggest-fan

The list is endless from Siri, to Apple Pay, iWatch, iPad, Touch ID, all glass design etc.

Other points you raised, Samsung didn't pioneer any of them, so what the fuss?

Lol. You wrote complete nonsene

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by kirchofff(m): 5:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
imperiouxx:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-tU4Yr9UNBo
lol
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by anitank(f): 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
ollah1:

What makes Android a big no for you if I may ask?

Because I prefer iOS to any android operating system

1 Like

Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2017
anitank:

Because I prefer iOS to any android operating system

You said that earlier, I only asked for the reasons. I'll be glad if you can state them.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Ishilove: 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2017
I don't even understand the ad undecided
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by imperiouxx(m): 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2017
ollah1:

Best as ever. When Microsoft dissed both companies during the launch of Lumia 520 I think

kirchofff:
lol

Cc. Rex123

How about this mean one from Jaguar? Jaguar XFR vs Mercedes-Benz, Audi and BMW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sMN6p9z7I4
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by AHCB: 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2017
trustyshoess:
grin this is a direct full on attack. No subtlety
#TeamAndroid
#TeamSamsung
No time for overpriced overrated junk
Now that sound like mild jealousy, don't you think so? grin

We both know Samsung phone's don't come cheap either. cheesy
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2017
AHCB:

K
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2017
AHCB:

They don't come cheap. That's not the same as overpriced undecided
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by AHCB: 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2017
trustyshoess:

K
Seriously?

trustyshoess:

They don't come cheap. That's not the same as overpriced undecided
Yea well, to Techno and Infinix users Samsung phones is overpriced. grin

Ease up girl, no need hating on art. wink
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 06, 2017
AHCB:
Seriously?

Yea well, to Techno and Infinix users Samsung phones is overpriced. grin

Ease up girl, no need hating on art. wink
Yes seriously
And ok, that was just my opinion.
Different folks, different strokes
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Ijaya123: 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2017
ollah1:

Lol. You wrote complete nonsene

When indisputable facts are laid bare, some feeble brains see them as nonsense.

Understandable.
Re: Samsung Slights Apple In New Ad by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ijaya123:

When indisputable facts are laid bare, some feeble brains see them as nonsense.

Understandable.

You listed pure nonsense.

How did Samsung copy Apple for siri, iWatch(Apple doesn't even do this), iPad, et Al?

Yes Samsung were asked to Apple for what? Rounded corners? What sense does that make? Are phones supposed to be oval or circular?

While you were providing links, I'm wondering why you didn't add the ones Apple paid Samsung and the one Obama stepped in for Apple which would made Apple crumble.

You bro, are the one with feeble brains

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10m Nigerians To Get Free Wi-fi Facilities As Google Station Opens / What's The Favorite App In Your Phone You Can't Do Without / The Etisalat BIS Monthly Plan For Androids??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.