Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,403 members, 7,800,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse (32519 Views)

Ladies, Will You Turn Down A Guy Because He Is Too Handsome? / 10 Sex Styles To Give Your Lover To Make Him Or Her Not To Leave You / Wife Forces Her Husband’s Lover To Do Housework After Catching Them In Pretoria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by nairametrics: 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2017
5 things you must know before you turn your lover to spouse

By Chacha Wabara - November 6, 2017

Most Nigerians strongly believe the misconception that marriage often brings misfortune. This statement is not only untrue but bias. It is common practice (especially in the eastern part of Nigeria) for a man who had been doing well in business and financially to suddenly go broke after few months or years of marriage. While most may be quick to point fingers at the spouse, such misfortune is inevitable when you enter marriage blindly without having vital details about your spouse which could affect your finances one way or the other.

Marriage is meant to be a “forever gig”. This is why you need to take utmost care in choosing who to finally settle with. All romantic fantasies aside, these are 5 things you need to know about your partner’s finance before you tie the knot and how they might affect you in the near future.

INDEBTEDNESS; with the struggle to meet your daily needs as well as save a substantial amount, you definitely do not need the added expense that is your partner’s debt. You want to make sure that your partner is neither indebted nor prone to debt. Tying the knot with someone who is up to their necks in debt could be disastrous for your finances. I once heard a typical ‘he got married and went broke’ story and upon further investigation I found out that the man married a girl without knowing the amount of debt she had accrued over the years. By the time he was done paying off her debts, he was struggling. I’m certain you don’t want to be found in such a situation.

DEPENDANTS; in a country like ours where you supposedly marry not only your spouse but your in-laws, you need to figure out how many people depend on your spouse. How many people he/she would need to support, how capable they are, and how their dependence on your spouse might affect you financially; these are things that should concern you.

CAREER PROSPECTS; your spouses’ career or career prospects directly affect yours. You should think about how resourceful their career is, travel requirements and how it’ll affect your job, is your spouse ambitious, and is he/she a go-getter or a slacker. Think along these lines and you’ll be able to at least see which direction you are headed.

MEDICAL STATUS; a friend of mine married a guy who had hepatitis C (unknowingly). Few months into the marriage and they noticed that it had eaten into his liver. In less than two months I witnessed their fortune dwindle to nothing due to the cost of treatment he was undergoing. It is absolutely important to know the medical status of your partner before you take any step further.

SPENDING HABITS; in most cases, people who spending a lot are not even aware of the fact. It easily becomes a habit as spending can be addictive. Take advantage of your courting period to observe your partner. Find out how they are with money. Does money trigger them to spend irrationally?
Nothing in life is set in stone. People are prone to change. It’s impossible to get a perfect match but you can at least try to get one who would build you up rather than drag you down. Armed with the above details about your spouse, you should be able to make a logical decision.

READ MORE:https://nairametrics.com/5-things-you-must-know-about-your-partners-finances-before-you-tie-the-knot/

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by WilliamKhan(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2017
smiley
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by teemah21(f): 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
wow

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by mosho2good: 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
you are wrong
number one is

Banging her for straight ten hours to know how much longer she can last on the bed

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by BruncleZuma: 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Too late...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by kingPhidel(m): 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ook

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Sirheny007(m): 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
It is common practice (especially in the eastern part of Nigeria) for a man who had been doing well in business and financially to suddenly go broke after few months or years of marriage.

angry angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by smirn(m): 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
All join.
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by SaAbbas(m): 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
Haka
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Rmxr: 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
Apart from finance

6:KNOW YOUR INLAWS

This is very important especially for those going into intertribal marriages. You don't want your wife or husband's family members telling your kids negative things about your tribe. Those kids don't turn out well. That's why you might see someone who bears a name of a particular ethnic group and still loathes that ethnic group. I know some people like that

7:LANGUAGE

What language are the kids learning. Have you sorted that out. Will your wife or husband's family be cool with your kids not knowing how to speak your language?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by designVATExcel: 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
Most importantly, you must know their gender AT BIRTH.
Dont take this for granted, just confirm nicely, where you born a guy/girl or?

57 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by EbiJUNIRO(m): 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
matters
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by muller101(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
Most important
Don't get married.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Unik3030: 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
there's no rule about life, some people don't care about all these n they still live happily

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by emperormossad(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hmmm...are you sure this sikiratu of a girl... undecided
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by TRADELYN: 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
Upbringing, family and religious belief ko?

The Most Trusted CENTRE For Your RESEARCH PROJECTS, BUSINESS PLANS, ETC.
+234(0)812 468 1999.
"tradelyn@gmail.com."
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
Life has no manual. Every tom dik and harry cos of blog hustle just dey write crap

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by MiguelKingII(m): 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Kingxway: 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Austinoiz(m): 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
I opened this thread just to laugh at the useless list the Op had got but I must confess I'm impressed with what I saw.
Seriously your points are so vital but unfortunately many ignore them...
Thanks for reminding me this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Abee79(m): 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
I think having an idea of a person's sexual history would help - though some people would still lie about this. If you had done abortion in the past, confess it. It is better to be rejected during courtship for that than hide it and latter experience complications that you are forced to spill that ugly fact. Same applies for:
1. Multiple sex partners
2. Erection Dysfunction issues
3. STDs
4. Rape
5. Sexual abuse
6. Any form of sexual addiction
I understand that these are thorny issues and may be hard to lay bare. Still, it is better to come clean right from the beginning . . .
Good luck

11 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by fvckme(f): 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
nairametrics:

READ MORE:https://nairametrics.com/5-things-you-must-know-about-your-partners-finances-before-you-tie-the-knot/

Am grateful Condom was not used on you.. .
God bless your knowledge grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by MaziEDOZIE(m): 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
Nice one,I love this.
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by mustafa006: 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
[quote author=mosho2good post=62162870]you are wrong
number one is

Banging her for straight ten hours to know how much longer she can last on the b. 10 hour stamina fall on you
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Afribest(m): 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
Number 6. Don't marry igbo girl If you don't want to be poor

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Adaumunocha(f): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
I despise extravagant spenders lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Englishgold: 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
Women can bring joy when there's money and cause unnatural death in hardship. if not to have kids...,lemme just be going

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Mznaett: 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
If you can stay out of relationship, better for you...

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Cutehector(m): 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
You are so correct...where I am so particular is the health aspect..

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by Jaytecq(m): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2017
tell me more
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse by jericco1(m): 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
the solution is money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secrets That Can Destroy Your Relationship? / Photos: Are We In A Man's World? / 15 Things A Girl Wants From Her Guy But Won't Ask For:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.