Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. (26660 Views)

NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences / Nysc Oyo State Share Experiences / What Are The Best States To Do NYSC In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by tiaraLOVE(f): 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hello guys!
Oyo state with its capital Ibadan is one place ex-corpers rarely talk about. It's a bit suprising. I'm a prospective corps member going with batch B 2017 and i have picked Oyo as one of my choices. Dunno what to expect.
I'd like Ex-corpers in Oyo to write about their experiences serving in the state, from camp to Ppa to POP and even those who got retained or decided to stay in the state for one reason or the other.

Share your experiences! The good, the bad and Ugly.
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by wintersnow(m): 7:01am On Nov 07, 2017
Picked Oyo state too... From what I've heard Oyo is quite expensive, especially when you're staying in Ibadan, but generally its a peaceful and accommodating state..
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by jobsmiths(m): 7:15am On Nov 07, 2017
Girls are like footballers... you beg them to sign for your team... But they may prefer to sign for the highest bidder.. 😏.....abegi i also wan knw
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by roland2rule(m): 7:53am On Nov 07, 2017
tiaraLOVE:
Hello guys!
Oyo state with its capital Ibadan is one place ex-corpers rarely talk about. It's a bit suprising. I'm a prospective corps member going with batch B 2017 and i have picked Oyo as one of my choices. Dunno what to expect.
I'd like Ex-corpers in Oyo to write about their experiences serving in the state, from camp to Ppa to POP and even those who got retained or decided to stay in the state for one reason or the other.

Share your experiences! The good, the bad and Ugly.

I also choose oyo and I wish I am favoured because I am from south west. Based on my brother's experience, oyo is very good and when you get place like ibadan, u will enjoy it because transport is not too costly unlike lagos and also accommodation is affordable. Pray we get it together grin wink

1 Like

Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by tiaraLOVE(f): 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2017
roland2rule:

I also choose oyo and I wish I am favoured because I am from south west. Based on my brother's experience, oyo is very good and when you get place like ibadan, u will enjoy it because transport is not too costly unlike lagos and also accommodation is affordable. Pray we get it together grin wink

I just want to serve somewhere calm & easygoing, would have chosen the south if not for Security issues & the north is not an option.

I pray we get it! *fingers crossed*

1 Like

Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by tiaraLOVE(f): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
wintersnow:
Picked Oyo state too... From what I've heard Oyo is quite expensive, especially when you're staying in Ibadan, but generally its a peaceful and accommodating state..

Actually, i heard the place is actually affordable & the standard of living aint high like Lagos. Accomodation, food, transport & the likes are really cool.

1 Like

Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by tiaraLOVE(f): 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2017
I'm still waiting for Ex-Oyo corpers oh? Don't be shy...share your experiences!

We Love to be your audience.

1 Like

Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by MarshRiley(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
tiaraLOVE:
I'm still waiting for Ex-Oyo corpers oh?
Don't be shy...share your experiences!

Oyo state is cool, still serving there
ogbomosho to be precise.
Ibadan has all the fun and is expensive if u depend on 19800.
after ibadan I think ogbomosho is next because of lautech and cost of living here is considerably ok. if you want more info,just ask and i' provide more

2 Likes

Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by wintersnow(m): 8:08am On Nov 09, 2017
MarshRiley:

ogbomosho to be precise.
after ibadan I think ogbomosho is next because of lautech and cost of living here is considerably ok. if you want more info,just ask and i' provide more

How much can I get a self contain in lautech or Ibadan?
How do I reject my ppa?
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by MarshRiley(m): 8:12am On Nov 09, 2017
wintersnow:

How much can I get a self contain in lautech or Ibadan?
How do I reject my ppa?
depends on the house and its location.
you can get self contain for 80k in some areas of ibadan and 60/70 in under G which is lautech environment,it all depends on how Behind the apartment is.....you can't reject your ppa,but your ppa can reject you,talk to whoever is in charge and he/she might agree to reject you
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by wintersnow(m): 9:00am On Nov 09, 2017
MarshRiley:

depends on the house and its location.
you can get self contain for 80k in some areas of ibadan and 60/70 in under G which is lautech environment,it all depends on how Behind the apartment is.....you can't reject your ppa,but your ppa can reject you,talk to whoever is in charge and he/she might agree to reject you

Thanks alot bro this is so helpful...so how's life there?
In terms of security and cost of food items? I no dey joke with my belle
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by MarshRiley(m): 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2017
wintersnow:

Thanks alot bro this is so helpful...so how's life there?
In terms of security and cost of food items? I no dey joke with my belle
security here is top notch,you are safe....cost of food items is ok,i think it's cheaper than in IB
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by tiaraLOVE(f): 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2017
MarshRiley:

ogbomosho to be precise.

Thanks!
So only Ogbomosho & Ibadan are the cool areas in Oyo state?
Another questions, do most of the corpers serve in schools?
Dont they have other opportunities for Ppa in Oyo?
'cause i dont want to teach sad
MarshRiley:

ogbomosho to be precise.

Thanks!
'cause i dont want to teach
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by Caspian22(m): 12:19am On Nov 15, 2017
tiaraLOVE:

Thanks!

Thanks!

Lol me too... I'm a PCM n I reg Oyo too.

I know Oyo has many production companies and educational sectors. Your PPA might depend on your discipline sha
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by MarshRiley(m): 10:30am On Nov 15, 2017
tiaraLOVE:

Thanks!

Thanks!
there are a lot of places you can serve apart from schools, I'm not serving in a school,if you are lucky,you get posted to some of these places. Ibadan,Oyo and Ogbomoso are the cool places,any other place na wash.
if you don't want to teach then you have to start working on it from camp cos 90% of corpers in oyo state teach.
Holla at me if you eventually get posted to oyo state
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by MarshRiley(m): 10:33am On Nov 15, 2017
Caspian22:

Lol me too... I'm a PCM n I reg Oyo too.

I know Oyo has many production companies and educational sectors. Your PPA might depend on your discipline sha
my brother,na school full oyo state o.Most of my friends that worked their posting to ibadan ended up in schools now they are complaining, me I jejely told them I dont want ibadan and honestly i'm enjoying my service year
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by felixtoba: 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
Pls how do they treat pregnant women in Oyo State camp? . Thanks
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by kingNovak: 4:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
tiaraLOVE:
I'm still waiting for Ex-Oyo corpers oh? Don't be shy...share your experiences!

did u attend unizik?

1 Like

Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by seniorboy1(m): 3:49am On Nov 17, 2017
https://wwwchat.whatsapp.com/7rdaz3s05uE21Q7hZP5HHO

For those posted to Oyo, copy the link, paste in address bar of your browser, then remove the " www" and load it.
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by MarshRiley(m): 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2017
felixtoba:
pregnant women don't go tru all the stress,so you are covered
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by bussieboi(m): 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2017
felixtoba:

As far as nysc Oyo state is concerned, pregnant women nd nursing mothers are the bosses either in camp or at Ppa as they are accorded preferential treatment as regard speed at which they are attended to compared to other Corp members
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by MarshRiley(m): 7:59am On Nov 28, 2017
tiaraLOVE:
I'm still waiting for Ex-Oyo corpers oh?
Don't be shy...share your experiences!

Hey, was up where were you posted to
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by tiaraLOVE(f): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
MarshRiley:
Hey, was up where were you posted to
Oyo state. I didnt get ppa in Ibadan or Ogbomosho tho. Very painful something.
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by MarshRiley(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
tiaraLOVE:

Oyo state.
I didnt get ppa in Ibadan or Ogbomosho tho.
Very painful something.
Oh.... Sorry dear?
Contact me let's talk

1 Like

Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by hAlexandro(m): 1:29am On Dec 29, 2017
tiaraLOVE:

Oyo state.
I didnt get ppa in Ibadan or Ogbomosho tho.
Very painful something.
Ehya so where were you posted to do your ppa?
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by trigar12(m): 2:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
The 4000naira Oyo state govt claims to be paying, is it regular monthly?
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by MarshRiley(m): 7:14am On Dec 30, 2017
trigar12:
The 4000naira Oyo state govt claims to be paying, is it regular monthly?
Not really regular.
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by trigar12(m): 9:15am On Dec 30, 2017
MarshRiley:

Not really regular.
Pls can u do me a favour...
How many months have u been serving there and how many times have u received the allowance in tandem with the months??
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by MarshRiley(m): 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2018
trigar12:

Pls can u do me a favour...
How many months have u been serving there and how many times have u received the allowance in tandem with the months??
7th month now and I think they've paid 5 times, I'm not eligible for it tho, I'm not a teacher
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by trigar12(m): 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2018
MarshRiley:

7th month now and I think they've paid 5 times, I'm not eligible for it tho, I'm not a teacher

oh it's only teacher that's eligible.... nawa o
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by precadel: 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2018
Pls does anyone kno anything about Oyo state nysc band .....I rili wish to join...I jus redeployed to Oyo state
Re: NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. by mickeyenglish(m): 7:02am On Aug 20, 2018
precadel:
Pls does anyone kno anything about Oyo state nysc band .....I rili wish to join...I jus redeployed to Oyo state
.. Wow! I also just redeployed from Delta state. I'm also a member of the NYSC Delta Band. Have you started your registration, cos when we were at the NYSC Secretariat last week Wednesday, we were told to only submit our redeployment letter, that we would be contacted soon. That was the last we heard from them. I think maybe it's because of the festive break..

Post No Bill

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marry Abia Indigene, Get 200k, Marry Fellow Corps Member, Get 100k - Hon. Chukwu / NYSC To Be Reformed Into Revenue-Generating Agency – FG / How Do I Reprint My PPA Letter??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.