Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:46 PM

Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) (19508 Views)

Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Posing As Europeans Online And Duping Women / Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Uchenna Samuel Nwosu, Yahoo Boy Arrested For Posing As American Soldier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by johnnyvid(m): 2:34am On Nov 07, 2017
EFCC, today November 6th, 2017 secured the conviction of one Mohammed Yusuf before Justice Zainab Bage Abubakar of the Federal High Court, Gusau, Zamfara State.
The convict was sentenced to 7 years’ imprisonment on each of the eleven count charge preferred against him by the EFCC. Yusuf had defrauded one Ya’u Mohammed to the tune of N20million between November 2012 and January 2013 in a classic advance fee fraud scheme.
Posing as a ‘spirit’ named ‘Asmau’, based in Niger Republic, the convict was able to convince the complainant through a phone call into believing that the mystery female voice had powers to establish schools and mosques to propagate Islam but needed a human vessel through which this could be achieved.

The complainant gullibly fell into his trap after threats that he either obeys the voice of the spirit or die. Subsequently, the convict began to extort his victim and used the money to buy exotic cars and acquire a mansion in red bricks area of Kano state. The sentences are to run concurrently from the day of his arrest.

source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/11/man-jailed-for-77-years-for-posing-as.html

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by johnnyvid(m): 2:35am On Nov 07, 2017
thank God for arresting him. by spending 70 years in jail, he will have repent from what he do.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by chukxie(m): 2:38am On Nov 07, 2017
Wow! That's one very long sentence! When will corrupt public office holders /politicians in Nigeria start getting such long prison sentences?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Mexzy4sho(m): 2:47am On Nov 07, 2017
I want to laff but Ha spirit ke? The man couldn't even pose as his village member he went for spirit sad sad. OK. Continue. We are washun from ze high places. shocked shocked shocked

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Me77: 3:47am On Nov 07, 2017
johnnyvid:
EFCC, today November 6th, 2017 secured the conviction of one Mohammed Yusuf before Justice Zainab Bage Abubakar of the Federal High Court, Gusau, Zamfara State.
The convict was sentenced to 7 years’ imprisonment on each of the eleven count charge preferred against him by the EFCC. Yusuf had defrauded one Ya’u Mohammed to the tune of N20million between November 2012 and January 2013 in a classic advance fee fraud scheme.
Posing as a ‘spirit’ named ‘Asmau’, based in Niger Republic, the convict was able to convince the complainant through a phone call into believing that the mystery female voice had powers to establish schools and mosques to propagate Islam but needed a human vessel through which this could be achieved.

The complainant gullibly fell into his trap after threats that he either obeys the voice of the spirit or die. Subsequently, the convict began to extort his victim and used the money to buy exotic cars and acquire a mansion in red bricks area of Kano state. The sentences are to run concurrently from the day of his arrest.

source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/11/man-jailed-for-77-years-for-posing-as.html
Mr ya'u, your olodo grade is immeasurable.

7 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by DankPineapple: 3:48am On Nov 07, 2017
Savage
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by religionisbad(m): 4:17am On Nov 07, 2017
He will spend just 7 years in the prison

12 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by DanseMacabre(m): 5:13am On Nov 07, 2017
The man he defrauded should have spent small jail time too, for being so gullible. Which one be spirit See format abeg.

And as the poster above me opined, he's to spend just seven years, as the sentences will run concurrently.

28 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by hatchy(f): 7:42am On Nov 07, 2017
Hahahahaha

Spirit voice heard thru phone.

Africans and their belief eehn!
Just add religion or juju and African man,especially Nigerians will believe what ever you tell him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by loadedvibes: 9:51am On Nov 07, 2017
Lol.. fear of spirit
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Edopesin: 9:52am On Nov 07, 2017
ye! ye! ye!

this one pass me oo
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by XXLDICK(m): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2017
These are the only kind of convictions EFCC can secure

6 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by AishaBuhari: 9:52am On Nov 07, 2017
Nigeria is now a mysterious land...

2 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by lelvin(m): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2017
People mumu shaa.

Am sure when the judge was addressing the victim he'll be like...

3 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by dhardline(m): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2017
Wow.. .I hope the properties acquired with the money will be sold and the money refunded to the owner. Let the culprit enjoy his 7years in jail.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by favourmic(m): 9:53am On Nov 07, 2017
kilode are you mad oga adajo
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by maxiuc(m): 9:53am On Nov 07, 2017
cheesy
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by trustibk(m): 9:54am On Nov 07, 2017
grin. .
and jesus wept. .
I have seen it all in this world walai.

in other news I buy
itunes and amazon gift cards.
check my signature and profile for how to contact me,a trial will convince you. .
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by MorataFC: 9:55am On Nov 07, 2017
johnnyvid:
thank God for arresting him. by spending 70 years in jail, he will have repent from what he do.
hmmmn
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by policy12: 9:55am On Nov 07, 2017
Republic, the convict was able to convince the complainant through a phone call into believing that the mystery female voice had powers to establish schools and mosques to propagate Islam but needed a human vessel through which this could be achieved.

Hmmm @ the bolded.

4 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 07, 2017
SPIRIT MAN.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Randy100: 9:56am On Nov 07, 2017
Both of them should serve jail term too. Which kind mumu be that.

3 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 07, 2017
grin
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by iamthetruth: 9:59am On Nov 07, 2017
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 07, 2017
He will spend only 7yrs at most....it's running concurrently
johnnyvid:

2 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by BornAgainMay: 10:02am On Nov 07, 2017
Believe me, I didn't read all that write up

But, the Man should have allowed the The landlord to pay his rent this year, before the car he bought for 20m failed break and why was the girl smiling the next morning after she kept me awake Moaning yesteryear night as if the Boyfriend was about killing her?
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 07, 2017
This perp is funny. Those victims sha.....
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:03am On Nov 07, 2017
77?

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by chakula: 10:10am On Nov 07, 2017
I pray such punishment should be meted out on high ranks public office holders.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaka, House Help Declared Missing In Lagos (Photo) / Normalcy Restored In Surulere By Police Officers After A Gang Fight / Fulani Herdsmen Shoot Youth In Cross River State, Scare Many (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.