Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) (19547 Views)

What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount / Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Posing As Europeans Online And Duping Women / Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by HottestFire: 10:17am On Nov 07, 2017

Spirit kwa! cheesy

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 07, 2017
WTF! The idiot defrauded by this clown should also be arrested and jailed for his calamitious stupidity, before he spreads his horrific disease and causes an epidemic of mental retardation.

What a morón!
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by ivolt: 10:34am On Nov 07, 2017
Mexzy4sho:
I want to laff but Ha spirit ke? The man couldn't even pose as his village member he went for spirit sad sad. OK. Continue. We are washun from ze high places. shocked shocked shocked

AlmiqhteeAllah:
WTF! The idiot defrauded by this clown should also be arrested and jailed for his calamitious stupidity, before he spreads his horrific disease and causes an epidemic of mental retardation.

What a morón!

Never underestimate the gullibility of some believers.
Many victims refused to report such crimes due to shame.
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by NairalandSARS: 10:38am On Nov 07, 2017
77 years? I for fear.
¤ NairalandSARS
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by talk2percy(m): 10:46am On Nov 07, 2017
Are people still this dumb and gullible in this age and time?? So how did he start the Payment into the said spirit's account up to the whooping sum of 20million?? Spirits dey get account??

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by donbenie(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2017
johnnyvid:
thank God for arresting him. by spending 70 years in jail, he will have repent from what he do.
Unfortunately they run concurrently and he ONLY gets to spend 7 years in jail..
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 07, 2017
ivolt:

Never underestimate the gullibility of some believers.
Many victims refused to report such crimes due to shame.
It is incredible, sir. So shocking, and unbelievable. grin
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by aleeyus(m): 11:03am On Nov 07, 2017
AishaBuhari:
Nigeria is now a mysterious land...
grin
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Daeylar(f): 11:30am On Nov 07, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:

What a morón
!

I've told you to change grin grin grin

Lol, I couldn't stop laughing jor, this what nollywood films have caused, why wont he believe when in nollywood, spirits look left and right before crossing a road, spirits open doors before they can enter a room, it's not so far fetched to believe that spirits will now pick phones to call people to send them money grin grin money to do what? Nollywood is bad. LMAO
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
Daeylar:

I've told you to change grin grin grin

Lol, I couldn't stop laughing jor, this what nollywood films have caused, why wont he believe when in nollywood, spirits look left and right before crossing a road, spirits open doors before they can enter a room, it's not so far fetched to believe that spirits will now pick phones to call people to send them money grin grin money to do what? Nollywood is bad. LMAO
grin grin grin

The way some people enjoy "the amazing grace of stupidity" makes one compelled to believe that some parents store it in the bank to will it to their children.

He's overwhelmed by his inheritance of cretinism, stupidity, retardation, and incredible lunacy.

I want to inherit seventeen buggatis and seven hotels. May I never inherit such misfortune. grin
Tozara
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Agbalanze(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
He is spending just 7 yrs in jail not 77yrs. 7 yrs each for the 11 charges but it runs simultaneously.
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by akigbemaru: 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
johnnyvid:
EFCC, today November 6th, 2017 secured the conviction of one Mohammed Yusuf before Justice Zainab Bage Abubakar of the Federal High Court, Gusau, Zamfara State.
The convict was sentenced to 7 years’ imprisonment on each of the eleven count charge preferred against him by the EFCC. Yusuf had defrauded one Ya’u Mohammed to the tune of N20million between November 2012 and January 2013 in a classic advance fee fraud scheme.
Posing as a ‘spirit’ named ‘Asmau’, based in Niger Republic, the convict was able to convince the complainant through a phone call into believing that the mystery female voice had powers to establish schools and mosques to propagate Islam but needed a human vessel through which this could be achieved.

The complainant gullibly fell into his trap after threats that he either obeys the voice of the spirit or die. Subsequently, the convict began to extort his victim and used the money to buy exotic cars and acquire a mansion in red bricks area of Kano state. The sentences are to run concurrently from the day of his arrest.

source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/11/man-jailed-for-77-years-for-posing-as.html
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by laliga01: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
77 years for #20M, habaaa, was it UN he defraud. Pension fund scarmer maina is out there balling.
Nigerian justice is highly selective.
Bode George that stole over 2bilion was sentence to 3yrs in prison.
9ja how market?
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by mechanics(m): 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2017
wow, it's just the same as life in prison.
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Daeylar(f): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
grin grin grin

The way some people enjoy "the amazing grace of stupidity" makes one compelled to believe that some parents store it in the bank to will it to their children.

He's overwhelmed by his inheritance of cretinism, stupidity, retardation, and incredible lunacy.

I want to inherit seventeen buggatis and seven hotels. May I never inherit such misfortune. grin

Lol grin
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by grahdis(f): 8:08am On Nov 08, 2017
oluseyioba:
He will spend only 7yrs at most....it's running concurrently
abeg dis one weak me..
Re: Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 08, 2017
Hw e take weak you make i explain beta
grahdis:
abeg dis one weak me..

(1) (2) (Reply)

27-year-old Suspected Burglar Apprehended In Osun - Picture / Francisca Okhiria Kidnapped In Benin / Police Rescue 15 NYSC Members Abducted By Unknown Gunmen In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.