Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed (10563 Views)

Another Igbo Criminal Arrested In Thailand - Described Simply As Nigerian / Criminal Arrested While Hiding At Girlfriend's Place After Killing Man. Photos / See The Notorious Criminal Arrested In Ijaw After He Brutalised A Man(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 07, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,

I need serious advice on how to recover my money ASAP.

I was defrauded about 1.5 million by a clearing agent and I reported the case to the police, the police collected all together about 100K from me to trace and track down the criminal who was proving smart and trying to be elusive. Eventually he was caught.

He was asked what he did with the money and to provide the money and he started giving stupid excuses that he has used my money to clear someone else's car and sort out some other problems he had. Can you imagine?

He has been in police detention for 2 days and no family member has come except his brother. No one is talking about how to refund my money, all they are doing is begging.

I have been lamenting to the police to handle the case more seriously so that the criminal would provide the money, but they have been so lenient and very lackadaisical in handling this case.

I am confused right now.

Christmas is coming and my family would need that money to survive.

The criminal must have kept the money somewhere, why not provide it

So Nairalanders, please help me with advice. I was so happy when I heard that he has been arrested. He is in police custody now, how do they recover money in cases like this?

The police are saying that they would be charging him to court and I am afraid that he might get bail. And that's it? my money gone?

No way! please advise.

Mods, please front page
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nwodosis(m): 6:34am On Nov 07, 2017
The best option is to trick him into accepting to pay the money in written form with a good surety. You can go after the surety when he defaults, going to court is to his advantage. Mind you Police is already on his side as he's dropping more than you. The next thing now, our police will be asking you 'what do you we do now' as if you knew what do and invited them.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Slayer2: 6:39am On Nov 07, 2017
If the dude aint got the money. Watchu you gonna do to him? Kill him? or you want police to kill him? And why would they torture him? He has human rights.

Get a lawyer, head to the court and let the jury settle it. Period.

After all we were not there when you were giving him the money. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by python1: 6:42am On Nov 07, 2017
OP, while I sympathise with you on this case, I doubt if you will still not be among the social media community throwing tantrums and hurling insults at the police and blaming Buhari if your instruction was taken as stated below.

I have been lamenting to the police to torture the bastard to bring out the money, and they have been so lenient on this criminal and very lackadaisical in handling this case.

You will not understand how annoying some criminals can be until when it gets to your turn.

6 Likes

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 07, 2017
Nwodosis:
The best option is to trick him into accepting to pay the money in written form

That means he should sign an undertaken?

Then how do I recover the money after that?
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 07, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nwodosis(m): 7:02am On Nov 07, 2017
Locked:

That means he should sign an undertaken?

Then how do I recover the money after that?
Has he even accepted to pay?

1 Like

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 07, 2017
Nwodosis:

Has he even accepted to pay?

He is just giving excuses that he doesn't have the money anymore.
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Lovetinz(m): 7:34am On Nov 07, 2017
Slayer2:
If the dude aint got the money. Watchu you gonna do to him? Kill him? or you want police to kill him? And why would they torture him? He has human rights.

Get a lawyer, head to the court and let the jury settle it. Period.

After all we were not there when you were giving him the money. undecided

1 Like

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Factfinder1(m): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2017
Shoot his legs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 07, 2017
Nwodosis:
The best option is to trick him into accepting to pay the money in written form with a good surety. You can go after the surety when he defaults, going to court is to his advantage. Mind you Police is already on his side as he's dropping more than you. The next thing now, our police will be asking you 'what do you we do now' as if you knew what to do and invited them.

Op, go with this very 1st comment on this thread.
All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 07, 2017
Speechless lipsrsealed
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by soberdrunk(m): 10:30am On Nov 07, 2017
Nigerian police + "debt recovery = More debt, getting your money back became harder when you made it an 'official' police case, now you have paid them '100k' and the guy has probably paid '120k' that is why they are handing it gently. The only way to get your money is to put fear in that criminal...... angry

3 Likes

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by itiswellandwell: 10:30am On Nov 07, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2017
Ha

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by InwehAkpevwe(m): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2017
Do we look like d juriry 2 u?. If a criminal is arrested he should face d law asap. BTW y do u think he is a criminal?
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 07, 2017
Prayer is the key. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by favourmic(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2017
your greatest mistake is you reporting to the police, the same police that arrest him we teach him how to play game with you, and at the end your money we never complete and before u know it police we release am report the case to human rights activist....

2 Likes

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by younglleo: 10:32am On Nov 07, 2017
.soo u maa kukuma dash person 1.5milion come here to tell us. Abeg nairaland if una wan misuse money, first of all contact me. Make i reason give u one or two
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by xana101: 10:32am On Nov 07, 2017
Op explain how u got that money. Maybe d Money has gone the way it came
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 07, 2017
A debt owed is a debt to be paid undecided
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by NwaAmaikpe: 10:33am On Nov 07, 2017
shocked

Well you paid the police 100k to ensure the fraudster is caught and your money recovered.

They've caught the guy but your money hasn't been recovered, so their job isn't complete yet.

Just ensure you get full value for your money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Tiwaladeice(m): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2017
Sue his ass to court and be patient whatever the judge decides is Final my brother.pele
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by delzbaba(m): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2017
if he die for your hand nko,2 days detention without taking him to court is wrong as well.
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by NairalandSARS: 10:34am On Nov 07, 2017
You can sell one of his kidney.
¤ NAIRALANDSARS
Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 07, 2017
cool

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by ZACHIE: 10:35am On Nov 07, 2017
what are you trying to clear with 1.5m?
I am afraid if there is a loophole in the negotiation and it turns out that the Agent is aware you were trying to circumvent the law by
avoiding Duty, you may have lost your money.
Even the court will not help you.
Plead with him, reach a gentlemanly agreement and proceed to redeem whatever is redeemable.

If he proves difficult, spring him up from the Police.Take him Straight to the Navy or Army. But, if he dies there, know that you will need another 2m to clear yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Skain(m): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2017
I doubt if you can get anything back.
The money is gone, police can do nothing other than charge him to court and he will surely get bailed and that will be the end of your money.
Police are not debt collector

1 Like

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2017
Take the case to SARS before those yeye police go take bribe from him and set him free,do it quickly.

3 Likes

Re: Criminal Arrested, Refuses To Pay - Advice Needed by mavinc4u(f): 10:37am On Nov 07, 2017
This is why I don't like Nigeria police. They should have given you a paper that you will take to any of his bank to get your money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Sentenced For Hanging On Moving Train / EFCC Hands Over Recovered ₦67.5 Million / Adamawa: Police Charge 110 Suspects To Court Over Looting Of Warehouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.