Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me (7563 Views)

Why Can't Banks Really Assist To Track Stolen Funds / Benin Ekiosa Market Fire: Thieves Return Stolen Items / NCDMB Offers N76bn Intervention Funds To Support Local Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Niiade(m): 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2017
agarawu23:
I am not giving anybody hope here.

Even tho the money paid is a fraud money, I still stand on my words. That email isnt from a US citizen. It might be some people trying to help the person involve recover his/her money.

Wow This is surprising, you believe an average American can compose letter easily. They can speak English and slangs writing it is another mountain on its own. Don't be mislead.

7 Likes

Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2017
Been following this thread and quite honestly, something here doesn't seem right.

Last I checked, before any bank in the US closes your account on suspicion of fraud (especially when it comes to cash deposits), they write a cheque to your registered address of the amount they think you are legitimately entitled to (I suppose the amount in your account prior to whatever transaction triggered the suspicion/investigation.

Also, as some have already pointed out, asking you to refund and sweeping the matter under the carpet is rather weird and unorthodox (think of the millions of people that might have fallen victims over the same scheme, refunding and sweeping under the carpet is rather a suspicious way to resolve as most authorities would prefer to go deep down to the root and prevent a re-occurrence).

While I do hope the OP gets every dime of hers back, I think there's some redaction in this story and its part of the reasons why a refund from the sellers is being delayed (as they know the nooks and cranny, twist and turns of this business) and also responsible for the OP not going straight to the authorities yet. Plus believe me, setting up a ring like this isn't easy, anyone who has set up a ring this big wouldn't want to throw it away over less than N5m as they easily make more than that

You know mayorall's shop (pickup for goods shipped from overseas), if you have everything clean and good, you should get the necessary authorities involved and do the needful as you've been advised.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Egonne1(f): 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2017
Cheque was sent to registered address.
About the sweeping under carpet, we thought so too. Involving d a lawyer already.
For the rest, working on that.
Thanks
Nniyi72:
Been following this thread and quite honestly, something here doesn't seem right.

Last I checked, before any bank in the US closes your account on suspicion of fraud (especially when it comes to cash deposits), they write a cheque to your registered address of the amount they think you are legitimately entitled to (I suppose the amount in your account prior to whatever transaction triggered the suspicion/investigation.

While I do hope the OP gets every dime of hers back, I think there's some redaction in this story and its part of the reasons why a refund from the sellers is being delayed (as they know the nooks and cranny, twist and turns of this business) and also responsible for the OP not going straight to the authorities yet. Plus believe me, setting up a ring like this isn't easy, anyone who has set up a ring this big wouldn't want to throw it away over less than N5m as they easily make more than that

You know mayorall's shop (pickup for goods shipped from overseas), if you have everything clean and good, you should get the necessary authorities involved and do the needful as you've been advised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by OPYLALAASH: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2017
You are absolutely wrong. If your account was closed based on fraud suspicion, the funds in the account will be frozen. I'm a living witness. All those balance checks will come after all investigation have been done, concluded and they couldn't figure out how you run your account. They will simply tell you, you are a high risk.

Nniyi72:

Also, as some have already pointed out, asking you to refund and sweeping the matter under the carpet is rather weird and unorthodox (think of the millions of people that might have fallen victims over the same scheme, refunding and sweeping under the carpet is rather a suspicious way to resolve as most authorities would prefer to go deep down to the root and prevent a re-occurrence).

Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2017
Egonne1:
Cheque was sent to registered address.
About the sweeping under carpet, we thought so too. Involving d a lawyer already.
For the rest, working on that.
Thanks

Oh okay then.
Makes a whole lot more sense now.

And getting a lawyer involved is the right thing.

Do keep us posted and I hope you get your money back.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2017
OPYLALAASH:
You are absolutely wrong. If your account was closed based on fraud suspicion, the funds in the account will be frozen. I'm a living witness. All those balance checks will come after all investigation have been done, concluded and they couldn't figure out how you run your account. They will simply tell you, you are a high risk.

Well, I'd say this is dependent on your bank then.

I know personally of BoA, they'll write you and tell you that you're being investigated and still write a cheque. Had something similar earlier this year, a Cheque was written for a certain sum and the other portion was being investigated or so.

Long and short, had to open another account for the time being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Centrallock: 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
PonzlHater:

I have something relevant to tell all of you. Do not be fooled, the lady might be fooling you all, the lady might have even be fooled by the police, the police on the other hand can make up messages to extort money from you all.
Everyone is trying to make money this days. I can setup an SMTP to send you that exact message from my house.

What to do: Insist that the lady presents evidence being screenshot of details of the lottery scam so that you can use it to get the money from the BDC.

If the lady is serious, she would not only present the police email, but police evidence that the money was obtained from lottery scam.

Good luck.
Shut the Bleep up!!!

1 Like

Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Konquest: 1:03am On Nov 18, 2017
Egonne1:
Hello house. I have an urgent situation at hand. Jan 12 2017, I requested for USA cash deposit from Mayorall into my Bank of America account for 4000$ thereabout. On 13 Jan, I received a credit of 5372$ into my account which was more than I requested for. I requested to return the excess since I didn't have enough cash to pay for the excess at the time. Then I found out Mayorall had bought the funds from Meetmal. Meetmal asked that I keep the balance and pay for it at a reduced rate to her. So I made payment to Mayoral and Meetmal for this funds.
March 2017, bank of America closed my account claiming that someone paid in stolen Money into the account but they were unable to let me know the particular transaction and the bank refused me access to the funds in the account.
On Friday, Nov 3 2017, the USA police visited the address on my account to look for me regarding this transaction. Apparently the real owner of the money was told that she won a lottery and asked to pay some amount to claim her lottery price and part of the funds was paid into my account. So the money that Meetmal and Mayorall paid into the account was proceed from a stolen funds.
Now the USA police has given me the option to refund the scammed victim or they would report the matter to the federal authorities. I contacted Meetmal and Mayoral on Saturday to update them and even gave them the screenshot of the email the New York police sent to me.
I have asked Mayoral to refund me the 2 million naira I paid to him and the 513,000 naira I paid to Meetmal so that I can refund the scammed victim.
They have been coming up with different excuses and along the line brought in Tooltip who Meetmal claims she bought the funds from.
The trio is asking me to tell the police to give them another proof that the fund was stolen when its already stated in the email the New York police sent to me. They have refused to refund my money if I don't meet their stupid demand.
Please see screenshot of the message sent by the New York police and tell this people to credit my money.
Mayorall was stupid enough to call me a thief this morning on top the mess they have put me into.

This is not the first time Meetmal fund is causing an account to be closed. Sometime middle of this year, I bought some funds from Meetmal into a friend's account, the bank held the fund and closed down the account. Till today, Meetmal is unable to explain why the payment she made into the account caused the account to be closed.
Mayorall and Meetmal please refund me for the fraud money you paid into my bank of America account.
Cc: Tabbaz, Justi, Okwafulgo, Singapore1,. Kaboninc , justi4jesu, Modath
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
Hope this gets sorted out for the
benefit of all!
Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Konquest: 6:51am On Nov 18, 2017
mayorall:

Here it is, About 10 months ago, she contacted me about a paypal fund and I told her it's already sold. She asked if it is possible she gets bank deposit, but unfortunately before her payment entered, the fund had been already been sold, then I contacted meetmal and she requested for the her USA account details and I gave her, but she couldn't send it for about 24hours.
Egonne then said when can I get more fund, I told her I can't promise that am going to refund her, I went to bank and process her refund of 2 million naira. She confirmed the said payment, by evening of the day, meatmal sent a receipt that the payment had been made and I called and told her, she paid in the money and promised to send me the balance, but when she discovered it was meatmal that made the payment, she went ahead and made the balance of the payment to meatmal.

After 10 months, she told me there's an issue with the payment and her account had been blocked, she sent some screenshots from a mail. I told meatmal and she said she's going to contact account the depositor, she reverted and told me those people requested for evidence from bank, I told her, but she said she can't present anything and resolved to threats.

Solutions I have presented to her.

1. Get evidence or statement from bank

2. Since it's police that contacted you, it should be an official matter/issue. Please drop the police post details, either police officer in charge at the police office or anything so I can send someone to confirm the official Lodgement of the matter and I present that to meatmal and the said bdc.

3. Today, I told meatmal to request for her login details ( change password and drop the email details to confirm the mail message).

No one is saying she is not going to be refunded, but evidence is needed. That's all.

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
Wish you success in resolving the
financial transaction as you are one
of those whose names resonate on
Nairaland as one of the BEST performers.

All the best! smiley

1 Like

Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Egonne1(f): 7:57am On Nov 24, 2017
Meetmal, Tooltip, Mayorall. am still waiting for the refund. You promised to deliver when u get proof. UV had the proof for weeks now and nothing. Waiting for ur update....
Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
DAMN!!!
Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Egonne1(f): 8:02am On Dec 06, 2017
Update on my complaint.
Some of the elders created a resolution group for this transaction. Tooltip accepted to refund full money. Tooltip has refunded major part of the naira for the deal I had with Mayorall and Meetmal. Meetmal and Mayorall refunded their said commission on the transaction. Tooltip has also promised to refund the balance within a stated timeframe. Thanks to everyone that added positively to this issue. Thanks to Tooltip for taking responsibility. Good morning.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Zdoh(m): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2017
Egonne1:
Update on my complaint.
Some of the elders created a resolution group for this transaction. Tooltip accepted to refund full money. Tooltip has refunded major part of the naira for the deal I had with Mayorall and Meetmal. Meetmal and Mayorall refunded their said commission on the transaction. Tooltip has also promised to refund the balance within a stated timeframe. Thanks to everyone that added positively to this issue. Thanks to Tooltip for taking responsibility. Good morning.
Nice one
Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by greenchisom: 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2017
Egonne1:
Update on my complaint.

Thank God.
Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by johnime: 8:59am On Dec 22, 2017
oh! boy them don ban me o!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nniyi72:

I know personally of BoA, they'll write you and tell you that you're being investigated and still write a cheque. Had something similar earlier this year, a Cheque was written for a certain sum and the other portion was being investigated or so.

Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by vpaymoney(m): 9:18am On Dec 22, 2017
The troopers no know dia work. Make go find depositor naa. And leave your account alone. Abi dem dey mad in?
Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by chiefkpokp(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2017
Egonne1:
Update on my complaint.

Thank God, na to come do Xmas for ur side be dat o...
Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by PuZZyNegro: 9:42pm On Jun 22, 2019
Egonne1:
Update on my complaint.

Nice
Re: Meetmal And Mayorall Sold Stolen Funds To Me by Konquest: 9:20am On Oct 12, 2021
Nniyi72:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facebook And CPA Make $50 Per Day With Little Or No Investments / Standard Bank Report Predicts Increase In Reserves Buoyed By Domestic Oil Refine / Profitable Business Opportunities After Subsidy Removal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.