Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again (33073 Views)

I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Process Of Applying For Sweden Student Visa Without Admission Letter Except Admi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by segzeybaba(m): 11:33am On Mar 25, 2010
Vicjustice:

I never doubted that it is not possible, i only said; a naturalized Britich citizen does not qaulify for the VWP.
Of course, it is possible to get into the USA as a Naturalized British using the VWP especially when the immigration officer is not efficient with his job to detect whether a British citizen earns his/her passport by origin or by naturalisation, more likely, the immigration officer simply is not interested to single black British out and subject them to immigration questioning in order to avoid being called a racist.
But in reality, a Naturalised British (of any race) is not qualified for the VWP: just hope that you're not unlucky enough to meet an immigration officer who wouldn't care about what you think of his ("racist"wink attitude. Such officer would refuse you entry into the USA.

Note: when i talk about Naturalised British, i'm not necessarily talking about Blacks, i mean immigrants who turned British by naturalisation.Those who earn their citizenship by birth or ancestral rights irrespective of their races or origin may not be considered as Naturalised British

I am sorry to say but your really chatting dust now.
Go do more research, a naturalized british citizens, and those who acquired it by birth, descent, or ancestral, all get the same type of british passport and all are eligible for visa waiver program.
which those it specifically says 'Naturalized british citizens are not eligible for visa waiver'? kiss and while will they be refused entry? because they criminals or pose health risk or just being a naturalized british citizens?
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by Tegese: 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2010
segzeybaba:

I am sorry to say but your really chatting dust now.
Go do more research, a naturalized british citizens, and those who acquired it by birth, descent, or ancestral, all get the same type of british passport and all are eligible for visa waiver program.
which those it specifically says 'Naturalized british citizens are not eligible for visa waiver'? kiss and while will they be refused entry? because they criminals or pose health risk or just being a naturalized british citizens?
@segzeybaba. i know a british citizen of pakistani origin who was bounced back at an american airport and placed on the next available flight to the uk. ive been following this thread even though i didn't make comments and i observe that your entire comments in this very thread are not being meaningful and it seems you r too lazy to read between lines of meaningful comments. sorry if this sounds harsh, no offence. lets look into the matter with vicjustice information as opposed to your claims, i think you r sooo wrong to think that a british passport doesnt show whether the bearer is a british citizen by rights or by naturalization except otherwise that the BP doesnt show place of birth.
i would say that vicjustice comment hold water because he provided a link where it can be confirmed. so instead of taking it personal, why dont you just visit the link and see if what he claim is correct? i did check the link and i am convinced.
the link is still here you can check it out yourself and hold your peace for goodness sake

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_client.cgi?ExpertMode=TIDFT/US/VI/VS/ID38136&user=DL&subuser=DELTAB2C
Vicjustice:

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_client.cgi?ExpertMode=TIDFT/US/VI/VS/ID38136&user=DL&subuser=DELTAB2C
  / 25MAR10 / 0802 UTC
U.S.A. (US)

Visa Exemptions:
- Nationals of the above travelling under the U.S. Visa Waiver
  Program (V.W.P.) must meet the following conditions:
  Passenger:
  - holds ESTA authorisation, submitted via
  https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/. The carrier has to validate ESTA
  authorisation;
  - holds own machine-readable passport (MRP) (issued for each
  individual accompanying family member, including infants);
  - holds a passport (incl. Emergency/Temporary passport), if
  issued (or has been extended):
  on or after October 26, 2005; but prior to October 26, 2006,
  containing digital photograph or integrated chip (biometric
  e-Passport with information from the data page; or
  on or after October 26, 2006, containing integrated chip
  (biometric e-Passport), and
  - is arriving on a carrier that has signed the agreement
  I-775 with the U.S. Immigration; and
  - is holding a signed Form I-94W, if required (Visa Waiver
  arrival/departure form issued either by a carrier having
  signed the agreement I-775, see above, or by a travel
  agency);
  - is holding onward/return tickets (or electronic ticket
  record or return passages) with a final destination to a
  country other than Canada, Mexico or contiguous (adjacent)
  countries/islands situated in or bordering the Caribbean
  Sea, TIRULES/R36 unless passenger holds proof of
  residence in or is transiting to such country/island, in
  which case onward/return tickets to that country accepted.
Ticket validity is considered 1 year, regardless of fare
  type;
- is a non-immigrant;
  - waives any right to protest any action for deportation.
  Total period of stay in the U.S.A. may not exceed 90 days.
  No additional time is given (extension) based on the
  departure to contiguous (adjacent) territory. Passenger is
  admitted for up to a 90-day period and a specific date of
  departure is given on the Form I-94W (05/08).
  Deportation on the delivering carrier will follow if the
  Immigration officer determines that the passenger is
  inadmissible.
  Passenger can make side trips to Canada, Mexico or Caribbean
  countries/islands, provided first entering the U.S.A. on a
  carrier participating in the V.W.P. and provided all other
  conditions of the V.W.P. are met.

Timaticweb Version 1.3
25 March 2010

Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by joxiri: 12:54pm On Mar 25, 2010
look vicjustice all this stuff is rubbish because refusing a naturalised british citizen is discrimination anyways, a british passport is a british passport if the uk govt feels an individual qualifies then he is entitled to it and can have the same rights as a citizen by birth and only in serious circimstances e.g terrorism can they be stripped of their citizenship
   yeah some pakistani people are refused entry or given difficult times at port of entry but thats normal if for instance they share a last name with a known terrorist   
  My bro was once discriminated against in china for havng a nigerian visa on his british passport because they assumed he is just a nigerian with a british passport however he was born in the uk
   the immigration official at an airport has the right to refuse anyone entry into a country visa waiver or no visa waiver
   but if u get a british passport through naturalisation you can travel to america regardless but if however the immigration official is not happy he does have the right to refuse entry, but this is totally different from generalising a point that all naturalised british citizens are ineligible for the visa waiver program as that is untrue
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by segzeybaba(m): 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2010
Tegese:

@segzeybaba. i know a british citizen of pakistani origin who was bounced back at an american airport and placed on the next available flight to the uk. ive been following this thread even though i didn't make comments and i observe that your entire comments in this very thread are not being meaningful and it seems you r too lazy to read between lines of meaningful comments. sorry if this sounds harsh, no offence. lets look into the matter with vicjustice information as opposed to your claims, i think you r sooo wrong to think that a british passport doesnt show whether the bearer is a british citizen by rights or by naturalization except otherwise that the BP doesnt show place of birth.
i would say that vicjustice comment hold water because he provided a link where it can be confirmed. so instead of taking it personal, why dont you just visit the link and see if what he claim is correct? i did check the link and i am convinced.
the link is still here you can check it out yourself and hold your peace for goodness sake

Lol where does a british passport shows how the person acquire british citizenship apart ofcourse the country of your birth? i dont think you ever seen a british passport before, to be chatting rubbish.
Been refused entry dont have to do with the passport you carrying, refusal can be based on several individual reasons, some of which are security and health reasons.
The argument here is about visa waiver program, not refusal on entry. since you have thoroughly read the links he provided, so show me where it state a naturalized british citizens are not eligible for the visa waiver program before coming on here to give misleading information.
Im not on here to prove im a very hardworking young man but on here to share little things im sure of, and not to be giving utterly misleading information.,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by Tegese: 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2010
Visa Exemptions:
Passenger:
[size=20pt]"- is a non-immigrant;"[/size]

@segzeybaba and joxiri, do you really have to take it as family business? how do you explain the meaning of the word "- is a non-immigrant;"?
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by segzeybaba(m): 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2010
Tegese:

Visa Exemptions:
Passenger:
[size=20pt]"- is a non-immigrant;"[/size]

@segzeybaba and joxiri, do you really have to take it as family business? how do you explain the meaning of the word "- is a non-immigrant;"?

Definition;
Immigrant Status is given to foreign nationals who intend to live permanently in the United States. Synonymous terms for immigrant status are: Permanent Resident, immigrant, green card holder, and resident alien. Gaining immigrant status can be a lengthy and complex process that requires close consulation with an immigration attorney (See also Permanent Resident Status).

Nonimmigrant status is for foreign nationals wishing to enter the U.S. on a temporary basis – whether for tourism, business, temporary work, or study. Once a nonimmigrant is in the U.S., they are restricted to the activity or reason for which their visa was issued. They may have more than one type of nonimmigrant visa in their passports, but may only be admitted in or hold one status at a time. Most nonimmigrant visas are issued only to applicants who can demonstrate an intent to return to their home country after completing the temporary purpose of their visit to the U.S.
http://internationaloffice.berkeley.edu/multiple_use/nonimmigrant_vs.php
ofcourse you have to be a non-immigrant to the United states to be allowed to enter under VWP, except you in possession of an immigrant visa. i bet you a good reader, if you read it one more time, its clearly states;
Visa Exemptions:
Passenger:

"- is a non-immigrant;"?

British citizens regardless of how you acquire your citizenship (birth, descent, ancestry, naturalization) travelling to to the US under the VWP must intend to enter the United States for 90 days or less for business, pleasure or transit, which make them non-immigrant to the united states.

Who is eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program?

You are eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you:

Intend to enter the United States for 90 days or less for business, pleasure or transit;

Have a valid passport lawfully issued to you by a VWP country;

Have authorization to travel via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization;

Arrive via a VWP signatory carrier;

Have a return or onward ticket;

Travel may not terminate in contiguous territory or adjacent islands unless the traveler is a resident of one of those areas; and

Are a citizen or national of one of the VWP countries listed below:

Andorra
France
Luxembourg
Singapore
Czech Republic

Austria
Germany
Monaco
Slovenia
Estonia

Australia
Iceland
Netherlands
Spain
Hungary

Belgium
Ireland
New Zealand
Sweden
Latvia

Brunei
Italy
Norway
Switzerland
Lithuania

Denmark
Japan
Portugal
United Kingdom
Slovakia

Finland
Liechtenstein
San Marino
Republic of Malta
South Korea

Greece

Establish to the satisfaction of the inspecting United States Customs and Border Protection officer that you are entitled to be admitted under the Visa Waiver Program and that you are not inadmissible under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Waive any rights to review or appeal of the admissibility determination of the United States Customs and Border Protection officer, or contest, other than on the basis of an application for asylum, any removal action arising from an application for admission under the Visa Waiver Program.

Reaffirm, through the submission of biometric identifiers (including fingerprints and photographs) during processing upon arrival in the United States, your waiver of any rights to review or appeal of the admissibility determination of the United States Customs and Border Protection officer, or contest, other than on the basis of an application for asylum, any removal action arising from an application for admission under the Visa Waiver Program.

Obtain an Authorization Approved determination following a travel authorization application.

Not pose a threat to the welfare, health, safety, or security of the United States.

Have complied with all conditions of any previous admission under the Visa Waiver Program

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/WebHelp/ESTA_Screen-Level_Online_Help_1.htm#Who%20is%20eligible%20to%20apply%20for%20admission%20under%20the%20Visa%20Waiver%20Program?
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by Tegese: 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2010
well lets go back to the original topic that generated this thread, i think the OP is satisfied as his last post shows. peace
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by dancewith: 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2010
@vcjustice,

Your post makes no sence. For starters, How would you tell a naturalised british by his passport? If for instance a passport says 'British Citizen' place of birth Lagos, how would you know he was a naturalised british? and not a British citizen by Descent? I know several British citizens who gave birth in Lagos. Their children becomes British by descent. How would you tell those children apart from Lagos born Nigerian nationals who eventually naturalises as British?

Just how would you tell the difference? Your source, even though I didn't bother reading it, is false. Its like saying US naturalised citizens must get a visa before travelling to the UK. This is false as there is no way to tell the difference from a naturalised citizen and a citizen by descent. Place of birth cannot show this

As for the finger printing, it was already in use as at 2005. I do not know when they started though
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by Tegese: 5:44pm On Mar 25, 2010
since when did i become a mistaken identity?
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by dancewith: 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2010
@vicjustice

I have gone through the link you provided and must say how disappointed I am that you paraded that as a source for the mis-information you are stating. Where in the link was your information remotely mentioned?
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by Pittbaby(f): 3:52am On Mar 26, 2010
presentation of fradulent materials is a permanent ban. try again the worst they will do is say no. There are other countries in the world

stay blessed
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by eleven(m): 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ Poster,

Truth is nobody is perfect with Yankee system, from my friends experience and other experiences read on NL, US visa in Nigeria takes the grace of GOD and your presentation during the interview. The guys interviewing you and the US system are not as omniscience as some posters here are making them to be.

My opinion on your issue is to apply as you are now which I believe from your story is your true state. Chances are that since you did not thumb print then you might likely go undetected but would advise you state in your form that you have applied before if asked if you have applied previously.

Even if you are refused now, chances are that your next application will be consistent and may likely turn in your favour.

I wish you and your family the best of luck. Be brave and apply. After all US is not the end of the world. No shakings! I do not believe that the US will contact the UK authorities and I am open to be proven beyond reasonable doubt on that.

This things happen to a lot of Nigerians everyday especially before the e-passport era and I agree with one of the posters here who suggested others should take your case as a lesson for the future.

On the arguement about if a nationalize british citizen has the right to enter the US or not, i think this link will help in shading more light on those eligible to enter the US visa free. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/visit/visitors/LinkAdministration/ToolboxLinks/visafreecountries.htm
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by yemskiy2k: 1:11pm On May 21, 2010
Vicjustice,

You have to gather your facts properly and know the website you gather information from. Also, I can't see anywhere in the link you sent that says that or maybe I am not looking properly. You can highlight it so I can see. Your best place to gather information is the official US website that talks about Visa Waiver

I joined this forum mainly to reply to your post.

If I have travelled many times to the US with my family(as a naturalised british citizen) then I think you need to recheck your information.

I live in the UK and have many naturalised british citizen friends that go on holiday to the US. What other proof do you need.

Are the immigration officers getting it wrong all the time?

Please re-check your information.
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by akpan1: 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2010
you could try again since we are using fnger prints now and you,ve travelled before. more so life is all baout risk taking and now you are more geniue with strong ties to bring you back home backed up with a good job too.
wish you luck chaio grin cheesy
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 12, 2010
Go back there, give them the correct information and believe God they will give you that visa. But meanwhile check www.touristvisas.info
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by chyket(m): 6:49pm On Jul 22, 2010
Please go and apply for your visa and take your destiny in your hands,the problem with us is that we overprepare for Visa interviews and eventually we get edgy and loose out.
Your circumstances have changed and as such your chances,in Aug2008,i went for a US visa and i was turned down and when i came out i got a lot of advices just as you are getting now but i felt strongly to reapply immediately and many people told me i cant do so before 3 months but i ignored them and reapplied and i was given a visa in first week in October.
I am currently in the US.
Go and reapply God will give you favour

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by bugzi: 6:56am On Feb 28, 2011
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by dvcrao67: 9:19am On Nov 18, 2015
Mr. VIC Justice

I need your advise for applying US B1/B2 Visa my case facts are as under:
I am an Indian national holding Indian passport. During the year 2000 i have applied for US visa while working with a software company and I got issued Visa for 6 Months with multiple entry. During the month of April 2000 I have visited US and granted 8 weeks of stay on my I-94 which ends on 08.7.2000. At that point of time my employer with whom I was working asked me to stay for few more weeks and he will ask the client to file for an extension of my visa. The Client of my employer took me to their attorney and got applied for my extension but it was rejected by the then INS. I was advised by the client of my then employer that since my visa is rejected I have been out of status by then so I should leave immediately but some of my friends said if I leave then I will be barred from entering the US for 10 years so I stayed. Later the Life Act 2001 is passed by the US Government giving a chance to the persons whoever overstayed they can apply for Green Card. So one of the Company in US applied for Green Card to me but unfortunately that company by the time my Green Card process started, has become defunct and had no business so my Green Card application is rejected. During the year 2005 May, I returned to India as I was not comfortable with the job I was doing illegally and staying away from my family in India.

After returning back to India I decided to change my profession and started practicing as a Lawyer and by Gods grace I am comfortable with my job and my family. To improve the skills in my profession I decided to go to US again for attending a Seminar during the month of October, 2014 and after employing a Lawyer in US he informed me that I am still under 10 year ban but the way out is I can file a waiver to enter US if visa is granted. I have applied for US visa in the month of July, 2014 with all honesty but the Visa officer after seeing at my DS-160 I believe he told me that since I have stayed for 5 years he is not willing to issue visa or forward my waiver. My lawyer in US advised me to attend for second time and as per his advise I applied for the second time during the month of August, 2014 and a different visa officer attended my application. The interview with the VO was as under:

Me : Good Morning with a little smile on face
VO : Good Morning
VO : pass on your passport Pls
Me : I passed on the passport
VO : while typing something in the computer asked me why do u want to go to US
Me : To attend a legal seminar
VO : Kept reading something on the computer and asked me "ohhh u were in US for how much time on your earlier visit"
Me : More than 180 days
VO : How many years ... u were in US for 5 years?
Me : Yes
VO : What did you do for 5 Years
Me : I was on pleasure trip ( that was the blunder i Made in the interview without even thinking no one can be on pleasure trip for that long time)
VO : Be honest Sir do you have a family there?
Me : ( I was confused and did't know what to do but cant take back my word pleasure trip) I am honest ( I decided my visa will be rejected any way)
VO : Typed something and gave me a form that says rejection on the ground of 214B and while handing over the form the VO said you will never be issued visa again.

My question is don't i never get a visa in future all my lifetime ? I am worried because my kids are planning to study in US now? Are my answers are recorded in the Visa system permanently?
What is the way out for getting a visa again to USA. Honestly I have no intention of immigrating to US now in any case.
Pls help me with your advise what do I have to do for getting a Visa for short term travel?

Hoping your response
Thanks
Rao
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by Donbennygold: 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2016
Hello every one I will like to ask few questions please kindly reply me.
I applied to the US EMBASSY 3times and the third time I was finger printed wich happens to be like 12 years back .I applied with my younger sister as an high school student I will probably be 17-18years then.now am applying with a different age from my previous date of birth of the old passport.
I will like to know if the finger print of 12-13years ago might have been deleted or I should not bother applying because I might get detected.thank you
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by needsyou: 8:53am On May 25, 2017
Hello there, i need your very kind help...

I've applied for US visit visa on 2011 but refused twice and than after expiration of my that passport I've get new passport in totally new name which was my official name given by my grand father and mother and also has new date of birth which are mention on my certificates. However my previous passport was bear my short name which was popular name because peoples knew me by this short name. That's why i used my this short name on previous passport but later i realized that i must have to get new passport by my certificate name that's why i've get new passport in new name which are on my certificates. And date of birth changed because I have used wrong date of birth on my previous passport because my grand father and mother were not educated that's why they were not sure about my date of birth.

However on my new passport there is mentioned i have no passport previously.

On my new passport in new name i have applied for Schengen visa twice and now want to apply for USA visa too by this new named passport.

So how and what should get US visa and what is the correct way to be success on getting US visa and overcome my old records from US embassy? Do i need to wait for 10 years completion of my old application? some one told me that US embassy hold finger print records 10 years, so after 10 years i can apply by my new named passport?

I look forward to get your kind help about my case.
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by Majagwe: 7:14am On Jun 11, 2017
I have applied for a us visa 3times all denied. Once last year and twice this year, all within one month. I don't know what I keep doing wrong, but the last time the consular was particular about my job. When she finish talking, she said I understand your effort in seeking for a visa. But you didn't meet the us bla bla requirement, therefore I should try again next time. Now I am confused I don't know how to tackle the situation. I would love to apply again perhaps after 3months...please I need advice on how to go about it. What do you think I should do different this time? Thanks
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by Iampeterpyper: 11:12am On Nov 10, 2017
dinggle:
You stand no chance PERIOD! the only chance you stand is likely revokation of your UK visa and if care isn't taking adding your names to the no-flight list. I'm sure you are aware that ever since the mutalab saga the number of Nigerians on no-flight list has increased with the speed of light. And if you think you have to be a terrorist to have your names on the list, then purse and think again. Last yr CNN reported a case of an average everyday american kid (6yr old) and so many others who have never flown or owned a passport but had their names on the no-flight list either by data collection error or pool process. Once u re on the list it can take forever to have your names removed and u can kiss the skies goodbye.

Manage the UK you are able to visit or better still look towards canada. By falsifying your document you have permanently denied yourself entry into the USA for life as a primary candidate, if you like become a senator of Nigeria or governor in the future. The phone convo with the visa manager wont work for your case now, because even if u blame the falsification of docs on a visa agent how do u explain the falsification of your birth certificate?, infact that will make them add your names to the no flight list before u spell J.A.C.K. Ever since 9/11 visa process with USA embassies changed drastically. The VO has the final say to a visa than the consular chief. Cos' the VO answers directly for any visa issuance that end up becoming a disaster in the flesh of America.
See it this way, Americans seeing their land as an opportunity, cos they have tasted it first hand. They know everyone wants to atleast visit America. They also knw there isnt enough visa to go round everyone, why would they give their visa to someone with a tainted record when there are millions with untainted record waiting for the same visa?
Take responsibilities for your the decisions you took 8yrs ago and move on.
I hope you dont take it as being hard on you, I feel is better u can visit the UK than have your UK ability striped from you in a giffy.

However one process MIGHT work for you!!!, lol
Your wife wins an American lottery visa as the primary candidate with you as the secondary candidate,  then you can now make that phone convo. But even if they still decide not to give you the visa or and add your names to the no-flight list which is likely, your wife goes to USA gets her permanent residence card or even become a citizen, works hard with a good record, then gets a lawyer and fight the system within the system! that is a 50/50 chance they might end up delaying your coming to America for 5-10yrs but fingers crossed! you might eventually come in, the down side you must have grown grey hairs before u enter, (lol)

I was arrested at the Embassy few weeks back, during the interview the VO collected my passport and I-20, she took a while looking at my I-20 form and she asked how old am I which I told her, then she was checking her computer, she asked who is sponsoring me I told her my parents... she asked for my I-20 again which was still with her then I told her it's still with her... then she wrote something on a small paper and gum it on my passport and told me to excuse her and went to the other room, she excused herself like two times and later told me that she is a training staff and she won't be able to continue with my interview that I should go and wait behind that her senior colleagues will call on me.... While I was waiting two men came over one white American young man and one black yoruba young man, they asked me to follow them which they took me to the waiting area, later invited me to a private room, the two of them were asking me questions concerning my documents which I was able to answer little but kept quite when I couldn't answer the rest... so they asked me how did i got the documents…. I told them an agent I paid helped me with the process when I don't know how to go about it…. they were convinced that i am a victim and even the white man was sympathising with me that the money the agent collected from me is too much... He asked me how did I get the I-20 form, I told him I contact the school by myself and he said do I have any prove for that, I said yes and they too me to a computer room where they asked me to login my email and show them which I did... they said i should get the information of the agent for them to arrest the agent and they handled me over to the police which I will be working together with them to track the agent… My advice for everyone out there is never to take any fake document with you to the Embassy it will put you in a serious trouble…… Please I need your advice because I was not given a blue nor white sheet after the whole interview but the following day this is what the Embassy send to my email...

The administrative processing for your case was recently completed. A thorough review of the application and information provided during your interview determined that you were unable to present credible evidence of sufficient socio-economic ties to Nigeria that would compel you to return to your foreign residence after your studies in the United States.
At the discretion of the Consular Officer, applicants who do not overcome the statutory presumption of immigrant intent are refused under section 214(b) of Immigration and Nationality Act: “Every applicant shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he/she establishes to the satisfaction of the Consular officer, at the time of application for admission, that he/she is entitled to a nonimmigrant status.”
We do not have an appeal process. Applicants are free to reapply using our website http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng after ninety days, at which time they may present additional evidence to overcome the previous refusal. Eligibility determinations for non-immigrant visa applications are made on the basis of the information presented by the applicant at the time of the interview. If the applicant is unable to establish eligibility to the satisfaction of the adjudicating officer, his or her recourse is to reapply.

Now I want to reapply with my real documents, I don't have undergraduate degree yet but the agent made a fake transcript for to lie that I am a graduate, according to the email the embassy sent to me that I can reapply, should I mark yes to the DS 160 question that says have you ever apply for visa by fraud and explain how I was a victim of an agent?
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by karli4nia(m): 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hmmm...what an eventful episode... @ OP I suggest you come 100% clean in ur next series.. Be truthful.. All the best..
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by karli4nia(m): 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
karli4nia:
Hmmm...what an eventful episode... @ OP I suggest you come 100% clean in ur next series.. Be truthful.. All the best..

Sorry@ iampeterpyp not @OP
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by rashsal2k2: 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2017
I applied to USA embassy, have money , staying in hotel, my interview was few days ago, they denied me Visa because I said yes that I have relative in USA. but I never applied as someone who has relative or not .
my fear now , if I apply again and I say no I don't have relative, will they know I said yes in previous interview I had with them
Re: Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again by jerrypeacelinks(m): 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2017
rashsal2k2:
I applied to USA embassy, have money , staying in hotel, my interview was few days ago, they denied me Visa because I said yes that I have relative in USA. but I never applied as someone who has relative or not .
my fear now , if I apply again and I say no I don't have relative, will they know I said yes in previous interview I had with them

Not at all. Stick to what you have said. They have already recorded it and it will be tagged MISPRESENTATION OF INFORMATION. Sorry about that bro. US embassy doesn't joke with information we release to them. In your next DS160, if you have someone in the US, stick to it. Don't say one thing here and another thing elsewhere... I wish you luck

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Face Of Abeokuta City Centre (Photos) / Governor Obiano's Christmas Decorations In Awka , Anambra State - Pictures / Pictures From The Ebute Metta Rail Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.