Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,478 members, 7,781,395 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:45 PM

I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators (32840 Views)

Support Lawal And Gbajamila, Or Leave APC, Tinubu Tells Senators / Sagay Tells Senators : Buhari Will Soon Come For Your Dubai Properties / Nigeria Not In Panic Mode, Tinubu Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by ogologoamu: 5:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
“I decided to appear before the committee as a mark of respect for the Senate,” the IGP said.

Senator Isa Misau had accused the IGP of pocketing the sum of N10 billion illegal cash monthly.

Idris who was accompanied by senior police officers told the senators that he would not answer any question as the matter was in court.

Quoting Order 41(7) and 53(5) of the Senate standing rule, the IGP maintained that the Senate cannot interfere or make pronouncement on a matter that was already in court.

His words: “I’m represented by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Alex Izyon. He is going to refer to as my true response on allegations made by Senator Isa Misau against me.

“I will not make any other comment or answer any question in respect to the allegation and various civil and criminal cases pending in the law court. More especially, when the Senator has already been arraigned in court in respect of these matters. I decided to appear before this Senate committee on the allegations out of the high respect I have for the Senate and my penchant for the rule of law.

“Futhermore, it is expected that the Senate and the committee will refrain from making reference to the issue as it would be against order 41 (7) and 53 (5) of the Senate standing order 2015 as amended,” he added.

Counsel to the IGP, Alex Izyon (SAN) said responding to questions would amount to subjudice as the matter was already before a court of law.

Izyon urged members of the committee to study the documents earlier submitted to them by the IGP.

In his National Assembly, Senator Francis Alimikhena noted that the matter was already before the committee before the IGP approached the court.

Alimikhena reiterated that the court could not prevent the committee from carrying out its constitutional duty of investigation.

In his remarks, Senator Ita Enang urged the lawmaker to apply the multi-door approach to resolving the matter.

The committee adjourned the matter.

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://naijanewsagency.com/ibrahim-idris-i-wont-answer-any-question-igp-tells-senator/&grqid=T9gn0CYC&hl=en-NG

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by vengertime: 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2017
Buhari have really destroy this country with all his brothers. None of them have respect again. They think they're above everyone in their One NIGERIA

147 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by PointZerom: 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
Only a criminal will say this. That's why you went with your lawyer. Thief.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by BUHARIjubrin: 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
Incestuous idioootss

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by dexentity: 6:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
Guy hiding behind a finger, most of PMB top appointments come with corruption baggages, i wonder how Mr. Anti-Corruption is comfortable with them being on his cabinet.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by DanseMacabre(m): 6:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
This guy even has respect. What of Hameed Ali that flagrantly defied them and got away with it?

Anyway, I'm sure the performance was well-orchestrated and choreographed. Na the same people. smiley

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by PointZerom: 6:28pm On Nov 08, 2017
DanseMacabre:
This guy even has respect. What of Hameed Ali that flagrantly defied them and got away with it?

Anyway, I'm sure the performance was well-orchestrated and choreographed. Na the same people. smiley

Buhari and his Tyrants.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Lanretoye(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
na wah for our dear country o,so he just went there to tell them that the matter is already in court.

7 Likes

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by vedaxcool(m): 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
grin grin grin pigs and idiots are nonentity and children of disappointment , their uselsss accursed hero of thieves alleged side chick Alisin ole-duekwe was summoned to the senate she MADE NO APPEARANCE.... NOTHING HAPPENED.... Ineffectual buffoon gave her cover the former boss of NSE did the same to the extent the senate stop payment to it ineffectual buffoon did nothing to stop it rather he aided her by funding the NSE directly. Pigs and idiots will never be taken seriously.

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Edopesin: 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
I Av Soo Lost My Respect For This slowpoke
Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by tolexy007(m): 9:06pm On Nov 08, 2017
see insults
Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by yomalex(m): 9:06pm On Nov 08, 2017
ehen
Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by bigerboy200: 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
Ghen ghen
Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Sunnycliff(m): 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
Just like Ahmadu Ali the custom boss.
Indeed this is impunity and arrogance

6 Likes

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Sunnycliff(m): 9:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
vedaxcool:
grin grin grin pigs and idiots are nonentity and children of disappointment , their uselsss accursed hero of thieves alleged side chick Alisin ole-duekwe was summoned to the senate she MADE NO APPEARANCE.... NOTHING HAPPENED.... Ineffectual buffoon gave her cover the former boss of NSE did the same to the extent the senate stop payment to it ineffectual buffoon did nothing to stop it rather he aided her by funding the NSE directly. Pigs and idiots will never be taken seriously.

All hail the association of nairaland resident zombies vice chairman!

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
smiley ... of course he wouldn't answer... who are they deceiving.
Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by oluwasegun007(m): 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2017
why did he go if dey can ask him questions....

shey make I com interrogate am ni...
Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2017
na guilty criminals dey talk like this. if u are freaking innocent you will clear ur name at any opportunity given to do so instead of hiding behind "the matter is in court" line. ole

5 Likes

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Odianose13(m): 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2017
Like seriously? What impunity! In sane countries, that statement alone can increase his counts in court. Anyway, he must have had a friendly chat with the custom boss too. If Hameed Ali could do it and go free, why wont it be a tolerable attitude for bosses?

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by apesinola001: 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2017
O.k no problem
Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2017
WHAT A COUNTRY !!!
Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Olusharp(m): 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2017
looooool ROTFLMAO LAMBWB LMAO...
how many of us remember the meaning of those words.. early days of 2go and Facebook...

in other news..
this is funny!
Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by mantosa(m): 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
Please read what you typed.

vedaxcool:

11 Likes

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Icecomrade: 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2017

Am not surprised.

Buhari’s arrogance breaths and breads every where

1 Like

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Isoko1stSon(m): 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2017
vedaxcool:

Been a Zombie is Really Hard.

Haedluck Head slammer

22 Likes

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by erico2k2(m): 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
vedaxcool:
your zombie get Swag

13 Likes

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by IamtherealRita(f): 9:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
grin
Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Paulismech: 9:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
President Buhari came to worsen the corruption he claimed to v come to correct
Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by ChangetheChange: 9:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
grin grin grin

Impunity of the highest order

APC is trash party

Buhari is a bastard

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Answer Your Questions, IGP Tells Senators by Boyooosa(m): 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
Don't respect them, they are not representing us!
The truth is: the enemy of my enemy is my friend and the friend of my enemy is my enemy.
May you not all understand and respect yourselves till Nigeria will change for good. Amen!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 2 Police Officers In Imo (graphic Pix) / Hushpuppi: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Reacts, "Not All Nigerians Abroad Are Fraudulent" / David Mark's Daughter, Blessing Onuh, Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.