Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (7794 Views)

Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OkaiCorne(m): 8:29am On Dec 19, 2017
petra1:

That's a communication issue. Everybody communicates differently . If I say prayer is a must " does that mean I've entered into legalism and by that prayer should never be observed ? Hope you see my point. The communication doesn't negate the principle .

Yes . Money was used to redeem . Also people give money value for unclean things and perishable things . You can't bring tomatoes to the temple . You sell and bring the money .temple only accepted grain and clean animal . All the other farmers sell and pay cash

Luke 18:12 (AMP)
I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.cus 27:31 (NLT)

Matthew 23:23 (NLT)
“. . . . For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens,

Matthew 23:23 (Message)
". . . . You keep meticulous account books, tithing on every nickel and dime you get,

Do you give offering in church ? Do you pray, If yes, then you should tithe also . They are all principles before the law came

Bros, one word of advice for you. Please quote Bible passages from Geneva 1599 Bible or from King James Version. These are the earliest English Bible versions translated from Latin and Greek scrolls.

Subsequent translations (versions) of the Bible have watered down the Truth by replacing certain words out of context.

Going by the Message version you quoted, were Pharisees using nickels and dimes in those days? undecided
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by petra1(m): 9:51am On Dec 19, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Bros, one word of advice for you. Please quote Bible passages from Geneva 1599 Bible or from King James Version. These are the earliest English Bible versions translated from Latin and Greek scrolls.

Subsequent translations (versions) of the Bible have watered down the Truth by replacing certain words out of context.

Going by the Message version you quoted, were Pharisees using nickels and dimes in those days? undecided

I should change translation because the truth hits you . If the translation had said otherwise would you recommend a change ?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OkaiCorne(m): 10:19am On Dec 19, 2017
petra1:

I should change translation because the truth hits you . If the translation had said otherwise would you recommend a change ?

My brother, which version of the Bible would you place more reliance on? Is it the version that states Pharisees were using nickels and dimes back then?

Keep on twisting and turning. Geneva 1599 version and King James Version are the earliest versions with a greater degree of reliability...rather than these recent versions that has twisted the interpretation of God's words.

WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO REFER YOU TO HEBREW, ARAMAIC, LATIN AND GREEK VERSIONS OF THIS SCRIPTURE? Do you want to see the raw truth...or still hide under your mistranslated Bible versions?

Was the Message Bible translated from Latin and Greek directly...just like the Geneva 1599 and King James Version?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by petra1(m): 10:27am On Dec 19, 2017
OkaiCorne:

My brother, which version of the Bible would you place more reliance on? Is it the version that states Pharisees were using nickels and dimes back then?

Keep on twisting and turning. Geneva 1599 version and King James Version are the earliest versions with a greater degree of reliability...rather than these recent versions that has twisted the interpretation of God's words.

WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO REFER YOU TO HEBREW, ARAMAIC, LATIN AND GREEK VERSIONS OF THIS SCRIPTURE? Do you want to see the raw truth...or still hide under your mistranslated Bible versions?

Was the Message Bible translated from Latin and Greek directly...just like the Geneva 1599 and King James Version?

The translations was because of people like you . To break it down to understanding . Money was givien for tithes and offering
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OkaiCorne(m): 10:30am On Dec 19, 2017
petra1:

The translations was because of people like you . To break it down to understanding . Money was givien for tithes and offering

Kindly show me in the Bible where God Almighty instructed people to pay tithes and offerings in gold and silver (money)... or are you using the standard of men to replace God's instructions?

And please...I wanna know, so logically speaking, you place more reliance on the Message Bible that came many years later after the Geneva and KJV Bible?

And also place more reliance on the Message Bible at the expense of Hebrew, Aramaic, Latin and Greek scriptures from which the English bible was translated from?

Is this what you advice people to do?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OkaiCorne(m): 10:41am On Dec 19, 2017
And this is to demonstrate to you the folly of;

1) Pouring old wine in a new wine skin
2) Fitting a square peg (tithing) in a round hole (new covenant)

God Almighty and Jesus knew that the only permanent thing in life is change, and that is why a new covenant replaced the old covenant.

Sacrificial giving from a cheerful heart driven by LOVE and the Holy Spirit...replaced obligatory tithes and offerings.

Kindly read Matthew 25 v 31-46 and tell me if tithing is required for me to qualify for the kingdom of Heaven.

Sacrificial giving is not limited to 10% of crops and livestock unlike the tithe model of giving under the old covenant.

IF YOU WANT TO TITHE, TITHE IN LINE WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN DIRECTLY BY GOD, DO NOT ADD TO HIS WORDS TO JUSTIFY MONETARY TITHING.

Cheers.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy2: 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
petra1:

Wrong ! Tithe and offering is to God in worship .whixh is used for welfare of Men of God or or full time ministers

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the lord

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

God's tithe is not meant for modern day men of God or pastors, it's already given to the Levites as their inheritance. They own it. To qualify as a tithe recipient you must come come from the tribe of Levi. Please note that the other tribes of Israel were not required to give their tithe to the priest, it is the Levites that tithe to the priest.

Numbers 18:25-28
25 The Lord said to Moses, 26 “Speak to the Levites and say to them: ‘When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the Lord’s offering. 27 Your offering will be reckoned to you as grain from the threshing floor or juice from the winepress. 28 In this way you also will present an offering to the Lord from all the tithes you receive from the Israelites. From these tithes you must give the Lord’s portion to Aaron the priest.

Nehemiah 10:37-38
37 “Moreover, we will bring to the storerooms of the house of our God, to the priests, the first of our ground meal, of our grain offerings, of the fruit of all our trees and of our new wine and olive oil. And we will bring a tithe of our crops to the Levites, for it is the Levites who collect the tithes in all the towns where we work. 38 A priest descended from Aaron is to accompany the Levites when they receive the tithes, and the Levites are to bring a tenth of the tithes up to the house of our God, to the storerooms of the treasury.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by petra1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
^^^^
Zikky fi mi si le o.

Zikkyy2:

God's tithe is not meant for modern day men of God or pastors, it's already given to the Levites as their inheritance. They own it. To qualify as a tithe recipient you must come come from the tribe of Levi. Please note that the other tribes of Israel were not required to give their tithe to the priest, it is the Levites that tithe to the priest.

Numbers 18:25-28
25 The Lord said to Moses, 26 “Speak to the Levites and say to them: ‘When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the Lord’s offering. 27 Your offering will be reckoned to you as grain from the threshing floor or juice from the winepress. 28 In this way you also will present an offering to the Lord from all the tithes you receive from the Israelites. From these tithes you must give the Lord’s portion to Aaron the priest.

Nehemiah 10:37-38
37 “Moreover, we will bring to the storerooms of the house of our God, to the priests, the first of our ground meal, of our grain offerings, of the fruit of all our trees and of our new wine and olive oil. And we will bring a tithe of our crops to the Levites, for it is the Levites who collect the tithes in all the towns where we work. 38 A priest descended from Aaron is to accompany the Levites when they receive the tithes, and the Levites are to bring a tenth of the tithes up to the house of our God, to the storerooms of the treasury.

21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy2: 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
petra1:
^^^^
Zikky fi mi si le o.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy2: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2017
petra1:

Of course, Levites received the tithe as an inheritance in return for their service...

Numbers 18
he Lord said to Aaron,........... 5 “You are to be responsible for the care of the sanctuary and the altar, so that my wrath will not fall on the Israelites again. 6 I myself have selected your fellow Levites from among the Israelites as a gift to you, dedicated to the Lord to do the work at the tent of meeting. 7 But only you and your sons may serve as priests in connection with everything at the altar and inside the curtain....... 21 “I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the tent of meeting. 22 From now on the Israelites must not go near the tent of meeting, or they will bear the consequences of their sin and will die. 23 It is the Levites who are to do the work at the tent of meeting and bear the responsibility for any offenses they commit against it. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. They will receive no inheritance among the Israelites. 24 Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the Lord. That is why I said concerning them: ‘They will have no inheritance among the Israelites.’”

Its clear enough. The tithe don't go to the priest, it goes to your equivalent of modern day church workers. They are the one to tithe to the priest.

Also note that Levites received the tithe because they belong to the tribe of Levi and not just because they will work at the temple. i.e. everybody from the tribe of Levi is entitled to benefit from the tithe, working at the tent of meeting is secondary. See 2 Chronicles 31 below

2 Chronicles 31
.....11 Hezekiah gave orders to prepare storerooms in the temple of the Lord, and this was done. 12 Then they faithfully brought in the contributions, tithes and dedicated gifts..........14 Kore son of Imnah the Levite, keeper of the East Gate, was in charge of the freewill offerings given to God, distributing the contributions made to the Lord and also the consecrated gifts..........16 In addition, they distributed to the males three years old or more whose names were in the genealogical records-
all who would enter the temple of the Lord to perform the daily duties of their various tasks, according to their responsibilities and their divisions. 17 And they distributed to the priests enrolled by their families in the genealogical records and likewise to the Levites twenty years old or more, according to their responsibilities and their divisions. 18 They included all the little ones, the wives, and the sons and daughters of the whole community listed in these genealogical records.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy2: 1:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
petra1:

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
[/color]

Sure, but not the tithe from the Israelite. "they which minister about holy things and they which wait at the altar" did not at anytime receive tithe from the people grin This may be the reason the Apostles refused to collect tithe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"i Saw Bimbo Odukoya In Heaven / Trinitarian Disrespect For God / Prophet TB Joshua Celebrates His 55th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.