Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? (860 Views)

If You Say Nonsense About Me, I'll Take Your Picture To My Altar - Odumeje / Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo / A Killer Marriage Is A Nonsense Marriage - Paul Enenche (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by ibgoodnews(m): 7:33am On Nov 09, 2017
WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE WE CALL CHRISTIANITY?
Don’t flip over before you read, hear me out before you judge me, don’t stop in the middle of this and conclude on my behalf. Let’s get it straight. I can’t help it any more than to ask you the “CHRISTIANS” what is this nonsense you call CHRISTIANITY? Could this have been the reason why God killed his own son? Is this all the reason why God has given so much to His body?

We gathered the poor just to pray to God about what He is expecting of us, we call it Christianity when we abscond from our offices in order to attend bible study, revival, conferences and prayer meetings. We call it Christianity to organize event with billions why we have youths on the street pushing wheel barrow, we call it Christianity when we ask people to bring their hard earning money for the sake of divine blessing , we call it Christianity when we gather used clothes and foods to feed the poor and widows ( is not bad) without true empowerment to save them from poverty itself, we call it Christianity when we pray for change we don’t want to work for, we call it Christianity when we do away from oppression and failed to condemn the oppressed who are part of us, we call it Christianity when we commission ministries, buy up industries to turn it to a worship centre and post pastors to get members without promoting a working economic, we call it Christianity when the MEN OF GOD fly in jet (s) and living in mansions yet the masses who pay for it are not able to feed their family or themselves.

Do I need to continue to point out how we have turned this greatest sacrifice of our God to money making venture? Do I need to remind us that the INJUSTICE, INEQUALITY, UNRIGHTEOUSNESS AND LACK OF TRUTH that we see today on the street is because we as a Christian failed to be in charge of what God had put in our care.

What then is this nonsense we call CHRISTIANITY? Is it only to get people saved and send them back to the society, ask them to save others and prepare them for the second coming of Jesus (our primary assignment) or to save them, open them up to God’s purpose for their lives and get them prepared for the assignment they are called to do for God without forgetting where they come from and where they will end it. Readers, pause and reason, what is better, to build a billion dollars auditorium for meeting or to build a factory that produce human needs? Fly jets or create good road? Build schools that poor can’t attend or invest into public schools and make it a world standard? Celebrate wealth we gained deceitfully from the poor and the wealthy or become poor for the sake of the poor? Just a sincere question, what is better, to ignore the needy and turn our back in the day of need or to champion the course of masses? Gathering thousands to pray about change in our nation or to stand up and cause the change we desire?

I think it is nonsense to be called a Christian when we fail being the SALT and the LIGHT we are, it is out rightly nonsense if we are here and God can say I look for a MAN I could not found anyone who will stand for me. Isaiah 59:14-16. Then it will be right to say, it is nonsense to have this nation as it is and yet we claim to be a CHRISTIAN.
I beg you join me to stop this NONSENSE WE CALL CHRISTIANITY.
TO BE CONTINUE………………………………………………..

1 Like

Re: What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by felixomor: 7:51am On Nov 09, 2017
Go and open church and start teaching the real truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2017
What would man gain if he has everything in this word yet he loose his soul. Aren't you aware that naked we came naked shall we go?. If you empower a man to be successful which isn't bad,what about his soul? Would you want him to perish? Yes many preachers are into dubious act,are you not reading your Bible about perilous time? Is there anything new from what the Bible say?. How can you love God if you don't set time to worship him? Haven't you forgotten the scriptures that say "Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together [as believers], as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching."
Re: What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by tobechi74: 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2017
waoooow, freeze brother
Re: What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by Deicide: 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
The problem is that most Christians are Hypocrites!! infact if you read the Bible on what a christian should be based on the NT(Jesus lifestyle abi? ) you would find out that there are actually no Christians on this earth at all.

1 Like

Re: What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by Scholar8200(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
Deicide:
The problem is that most Christians are Hypocrites!! infact if you read the Bible on what a christian should be based on the NT(Jesus lifestyle abi? ) you would find out that there are actually no Christians on this earth at all.
and how many of them have you met in person?
Re: What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by Deicide: 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
Scholar8200:
and how many of them have you met in person?
Oh in a country of about 80million christians i must be living in a cave!!

Pls stop trying to sound smart by asking sily questions i made my point if you dont agree with it then ok
Re: What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by Scholar8200(m): 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
Deicide:
Oh in a country of about 80million christians i must be living in a cave!!

Pls stop trying to sound smart by asking sily questions i made my point if you dont agree with it then ok
ok
Re: What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by Emmanystone: 9:05pm On Nov 10, 2017
Deicide:
Yet you who knows what a christian should be is an Antichrist.

I'm glad you know Christ expects from you.

1 Like

Re: What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by Deicide: 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
Emmanystone:

Yet you who knows what a christian should be is an Antichrist.

I'm glad you know Christ expects from you.
I Knew some ediort would mis-interprete
Re: What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by Emmanystone: 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
Deicide:
I Knew some ediort would mis-interprete
Isn't it ironic that you know who or what a Christian shd be, but, you are a Christ hater. Demons possessed urchin.
Re: What Is This Nonsense We Call Christianity? by Deicide: 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
Emmanystone:

Isn't it ironic that you know who or what a Christian shd be, but, you are a Christ hater. Demons possessed urchin.
Christ hater? bet i like david

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/12/17 / Who Was Noah's Wife? / Will Soldiers Who Kill Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.