Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,403 members, 7,800,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded (6485 Views)

The Propaganda Behind Soldiers' Arrest Of 92 Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Abuja / “we Pay Police To Kill Police, N500,000 Per Head” – Boko Haram / Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by newmaster(m): 6:33am On Mar 21, 2010
Herdsmen strike in Ekiti, kill police corporal, two villagers wounded
By Adewale Adeoye Published Today News Rating: Unrated

Shuaib
Armed Fulani herdsmen have killed a police Corporal identified as Shuaib, a native of Edo State who until his death was the head of a little community police station located at Irele, North East of Ekiti State. The dawn attack on Wednesday left two peasants critically wounded.

The incidence happened barely a week after the Northern city of Jos witnessed violent attacks by herdsmen on locals. The Jos incidence claimed hundreds of deaths, including but not limited to women and children.

Police sources at Ikole Ekiti, the chief town in the area, claimed that a ‘bush-hunt’ for the murderers lasted for two days but did not yield results until last Friday when three of the herdsmen were arrested. Another suspect was arrested at Ogbe, on the community’s market day. Ogbe is a nuclear settlement on the fringe, between Kogi and Ekiti States.

Eyewitnesses claimed that in the early hours of Wednesday, two natives had complained to the local police authority after several cows owned by the herdsmen had invaded subsistent farms, eating much of the cash crops. Yam tubers destroyed or eaten were said to be in hundreds. The killing of the police man, locals claimed, marked the odd peak of frequent skirmishes that had characterized the relationship between natives and the herdsmen for close to half a decade.

‘The herdsmen come to our farms all the time. We are at their mercy. In this latest case, they invaded the farms cockcrow last Wednesday after which they wounded several of the farm owners. The owners reported the incidence to the police station from where a corporal was sent to arrest the herdsmen. When they sighted the policeman, they viciously attacked and killed him,’ an old farmer whose family of five spends most of their days working and sleeping on their farmland told The Nation. He said since the recent attack, his family has relocated into his ancestral home in the centre of the small, peaceful community.

He said the tow attacked peasants were Tiv, natives of Benue State, who recently migrated into the area in large numbers for farming. Many of the Tiv were said to be victims of past ethnic clashes in Taraba state where many of them were displaced due to the year-long fighting with their Junkun neighbours in 2004.

Mr Sola Olatunde, an indigene of Ekiti State and member of the Ekiti Development Association, EDA said the past one decade has seen what he called the invasion of Ekiti and many states in the South West by ‘herdsmen that have no respect nor understanding of the customs, tradition and ownership of land by families and communities.’ He said the grazing activities of the cattles owned by the herdsmen have led to the depletion of forestland in Ekiti while raising the specter of serious ethnic conflict in the entire South West region.

‘We have on our hands a very serious social, cultural and security problems due to the invasion of the herdsmen some of whom are from Chad, Niger and Mali. Unfortunately they are all armed with guns and machetes. They forcefully live in our ancestral lands which they now seize by force,’ Olatunde stated adding that cases of violent robbery and rape of minors are constantly associated with the herdsmen.

A community leader in Irele, Dr Niyi Oluwafemi, who is a medical doctor, told The Nation that herdsmen in the area occasionally block the new trunk-B road that runs from Ikole to the surrounding towns and villages with their cattles, leading to untold hardship for commuters. He said he has confidence in the ability of the police to tackle the menace.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/40364/1/Herdsmen-strike-in-Ekiti-kill-police-corporal-two-villagers-wounded/Page1.html

Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by bibiking1(m): 8:00am On Mar 21, 2010
.,,,,, "at dawn the children of Ishmael shall strike, and Isaacs offspring shall flee for a thousand years",,,,,,
These guys are just terrible!
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by hollandis(f): 10:13am On Mar 21, 2010
People dey yarn,youba pple dey yarn too.
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by EzeUche(m): 10:17am On Mar 21, 2010
The irony of this story. Now where are all the proponents of "One Nigeria." I mean the Yoruba are some of the biggest supporters of "One Nigeria." It seems like the children of the Uthman dan Fodio, are starting their reconquest of Yorubaland as we speak. They are going to finish what they started over 100 hundred years ago.

To your tents O Children of Odua.
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by stiyke(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2010
This is getting interesting by the day ,
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by presido1: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2010
Hausa don enter Ekiti grin grin grin where is FL Gator for christ sake. I hope this did not happen in her hood.
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by Avenir(m): 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2010
EzeUche:

The irony of this story. Now where are all the proponents of "One Nigeria." I mean the Yoruba are some of the biggest supporters of "One Nigeria." It seems like the children of the Uthman dan Fodio, are starting their reconquest of Yorubaland as we speak. They are going to finish what they started over 100 hundred years ago.

To your tents O Children of Odua.

My question is, how will to your tent solve the current problem? Even if Nigeria is 'divided' into 36 countries, if the culture of impunity continues, then nothing will change. Maybe then, an Ekiti farmer will kill another one when they disagree on ownership of a plot of land. If I believe that nothing will happen if I beat-up someone, or I kill the person, or I swindle someone, or I embezzle (wether public or private funds) then I will likely do all those things (unless those things are against my personal values). If criminals are made to pay for their crimes irrespective of their social, political or ethnic status, then the number of this crimes will reduce. If the law enforcement agencies know that they will pay if they fail to act to enforce laws, then things will become better. That will be the start of a just and equitable society where justice is not only always done, but is seen (publicity) to have been done.
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2010
dis aint funi o, will be going 2 ekiti shortly o, maybe i beta get sum tools for my safety
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by AloyEmeka5: 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2010
Avenir:

My question is, how will to your tent solve the current problem? Even if Nigeria is 'divided' into 36 countries, if the culture of impunity continues, then nothing will change. Maybe then, an Ekiti farmer will kill another one when they disagree on ownership of a plot of land. If I believe that nothing will happen if I beat-up someone, or I kill the person, or I swindle someone, or I embezzle (wether public or private funds) then I will likely do all those things (unless those things are against my personal values). If criminals are made to pay for their crimes irrespective of their social, political or ethnic status, then the number of this crimes will reduce. If the law enforcement agencies know that they will pay if they fail to act to enforce laws, then things will become better. That will be the start of a just and equitable society where justice is not only always done, but is seen (publicity) to have been done.

Killing is on a different level from embezzlement. Stop making up myths that could follow if Nigeria is divided between the Northand South pole. How many times have you heard an Ekiti man massacring another village like the Fulani did?. How many times have you heard that kind of thing in other southern areas including Ghana and Togo?.

There is corruption everywhere including the west but this barbaric way of killing villagers is peculiar to the Fulanis. Let us leave them to their fate and I am sure they will never kill one other. Their aggression is usually towards non hausa/Fulanis but my own fear is that other Northerners who may fall into the same region with them will be toast. Yorubas in kwara and Kogi and other ethnic groups along the middle belt will be toast. That is my only concern about dividing Nigerian between North and South.
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by ayettymama(f): 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2010
lol

this has nothing to do with what is happening in jos

some people were just angry thier cows ate thier crops!!lolz

ekiti is prob one of the safest places to be at the mo

dont be worried
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by AloyEmeka5: 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2010
ayettymama:

lol

this has nothing to do with what is happening in jos

some people were just angry thier cows ate thier crops!!lolz

ekiti is prob one of the safest places to be at the mo

dont be worried

Yet they have something in common: massacre.

JosBoy said the same when the Fulanis started with the Jos killing 2 years ago and he dismissed every fear as unfounded simply because majority of the people affected then were Yorubas and few Igbos and not his people. Where is JosBoy to defend the Fulanis against  his people this time around?.

It starts this way, if nothing is down to send a message to them, they will come back another sunday before 6 months from today and strike big time again. This one they did today is just testing testing. They did the same in Jos by killing only 4 people and even the police said the same thing you just said now.  Go and write it on the wall.

Whether its connected to Jos or not, why are Fulanis killing people in their own home?. Even if its your home and they are illegal aliens, so foking what?
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by ayettymama(f): 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2010
its not massacre joo

they were fighting!!

obviously its expected they disagree once a while nobody wants animalz grazing on thier farmland

and there is nowhere else to take thier livestock

me i dont get how policemen were killed sha

it sounds like people are fustrated cos of what is happenin in jos!
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by AloyEmeka5: 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2010
ayettymama:

its not massacre joo

they were fighting!!

obviously its expected they disagree once a while nobody wants animalz grazing on thier farmland

and there is nowhere else to take thier livestock

me i dont get how policemen were killed sha

it sounds like people are fustrated cos of what is happenin in jos!

They were fighting and no Fulani man was killed by the rivals. How did the casualties all become Tiv and Yoruba? By coincidence?
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by ayettymama(f): 4:19pm On Mar 21, 2010
leave me alone joo i dont no i wasnt there so i cannot say!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

but i used to live in ekiti and inno they are reserved people

they dont normally bother anyone!!

they are not supposed to take thier cattle on farmland and they know that!!

they normally dont!! they stay near the main roads they dont venture into farms

plenty of fulanis live in ekiti

some even gold miners i dont know what happened all of a sudden to cause this!
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by AloyEmeka5: 4:25pm On Mar 21, 2010
ayettymama:

leave me alone joo i dont no i wasnt there so i cannot say!!  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

but i used to live in ekiti and inno they are reserved people

they dont normally bother anyone!!

they are not supposed to take thier cattle on farmland and they know that!!

they normally dont!! they stay near the main roads they dont venture into farms

plenty of fulanis live in ekiti

some even gold miners i dont know what happened all of a sudden to cause this!

Nobody is blaming the Ekiti people for complaining but is it right that they got killed for making complaints about these people?
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by ayettymama(f): 4:28pm On Mar 21, 2010
im not blaming anyone too

but dont u think the timing is a bit fishy??
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by AloyEmeka5: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2010
ayettymama:

im not blaming anyone too

but dont u think the timing is a bit fishy??

Fish from who? Ekiti people?. Please stop trying to blame Ekitis on this issue. The real devils are the Fulanis who go around killing people for no reason. There is no timing coincidence on this issue because they will definitely strike again. Mark my word.

Their next course of action will be to attack Yorubas in kwara and if nothing is done about it, they will come closer. They have an agenda and only a blind person will not see it.
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by grafikdon: 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Yet they have something in common: massacre.

JosBoy said the same when the Fulanis started with the Jos killing 2 years ago and he dismissed every fear as unfounded simply because majority of the people affected then were Yorubas and few Igbos and not his people. Where is JosBoy to defend the Fulanis against  his people this time around?.

He won't say anything if he has any iota of shame. Is it not the same JosBoy that told people to "shut up and deal with it" when they expressed their disapproval of Islamic jihadist weekly/monthly/annual killing spree in Northern Nigeria? It has finally dawned on me why Quotasystem classified him as a ''perpetual arrrsse licker".
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by sjeezy8: 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2010
This is nothing because there has been numerous accounts in the SW where fulanis have been killed by SW people and it swept under the carpet by indignes of SW states.

These people want to hunt down all fulanis and start slaughtering them, and the fulani in the SW have not done anything wrong as of yet.
The only thing of concern is their cattle on farms.

Fulani cant do anything in the SW like the middle belt because there is no indignes of the SW aside from yorubas. There is no question about what city fulanis discovered like the unsure middle belters.
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by AloyEmeka5: 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

This is nothing because there has been numerous accounts in the SW where fulanis have been killed by SW people and it swept under the carpet by indignes of SW states.

These people want to hunt down all fulanis and start slaughtering them, and the fulani in the SW have not done anything wrong as of yet.

The only thing of concern is their cattle on farms.

Fulani cant do anything in the SW like the middle belt because there is no indignes of the SW aside from yorubas. There is no question about what city fulanis discovered like the unsure middle belters.

You are a fool. Can you post the link where Yorubas continually massacre Fulanis and we keep sweeping them under the carpet?. Where, when and how?. Did these people do juju to some of you that you will continue to kiss their azzes till they chop off your heads?
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by AloyEmeka5: 4:58pm On Mar 21, 2010
grafikdon:

He won't say anything if he has any iota of shame. Is it not the same JosBoy that told people to "shut up and deal with it" when they expressed their disapproval of Islamic jihadist weekly/monthly/annual killing spree in Northern Nigeria? It has finally dawned on me why Quotasystem classified him as a ''perpetual arrrsse licker".

The azz kisser probably changed his ID by now and joined the crowd of people chanting aluta continua. SjeinXy has started his own now. Blaming South westerners for being killed in their homes . Tomorrow, he will change his ID again and become a comrade.
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by grafikdon: 4:59pm On Mar 21, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You are a fool. Can you post the link where Yorubas continually massacre Fulanis and we keep sweeping them under the carpet?. Where, when and how?. Did these people do juju to some of you that you will continue to kiss their azzes till they chop off your heads?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by sjeezy8: 5:02pm On Mar 21, 2010
and aloy needs to read again no yoruba was killed in ekiti

It was an edo and Tiv.

The people of the SW tend to look the other way when it doesnt involve yorubas being killed, but this time they should do something stern.

Aloy is a fool - im sorry fulani hate igbos and ss folks not my fault. ok
Us yorubas mainly stay in th SW and the fulani in the SW arent killing us. - because theyknow the deal in the SW. lol
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by AloyEmeka5: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

and aloy needs to read again no yoruba was killed in ekiti

It was an edo and Tiv.

The people of the SW tend to look the other way when it doesnt involve yorubas being killed, but this time they should do something stern.

so because Tiv and Edos were killed, it justifies their actions in Ekiti?. Are you crazy?. Is it not the same thing Jos Boy did when Yorubas and Igbos were massacred two years ago?. What happened to his people today?.

Martin Luther King said "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere".

Yorubas should be the only ethnic group who has more experience with the Fulanis because their war history is dated back to the 19th century.

Aloy is a fool - im sorry fulani hate igbos and ss folks not my fault. ok
Us yorubas mainly stay in th SW and the fulani in the SW arent killing us. - because theyknow the deal in the SW. lol

Do you presently live in SW now?. Where did the Yorubas massacred in hundred in Jos two years ago come from since "US yorubas mainly stay in SW"?. Fulanis loves SW people yet they continually wage their hegemony in Kwara?. Foolish cow, they love you yet they massacred your brothers in Jos.

Jos indigenes were killed in their hamlets and not in the abode of the Fulanis. If these raging demons can do the same in Ekiti, expect more to come in the near future since you prefer to kiss their anus. Bloody retard.
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by sjeezy8: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2010
[size=13pt]OPC Men Murder Fulanis in Iwoye[/size]

Although Thursday July 18th has come and gone, the Hausa-Fulani community in Iwoye, a border town between Nigeria and the Republic of Benin near Imeko in Ogun state will not forget that day in a hurry as seven members of the community lost their lives in a bizarre manner in the hands of overzealous Iwoye youths suspected to be members of the dreaded Yoruba ethnic militia, O'odua People's Congress (OPC).

The seven Fulanis slaughtered after an apparently premeditated attack on their community during a spurious Oro deity festival include Anchi Umaru, Mohammed Jobe, Manman Bende and Garuba Sule.
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by AloyEmeka5: 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2010
If Fulanis love Yorubas like you claim, that means that Yorubas including you are evil because they are the ones who continually murder these Fulanis who love them over NOTHING and sweep it under the carpet. Do you agree with me?
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by Dominoifet(m): 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2010
@Sjeezy8

About your first post.I don't understand what u r saying in ur post? I didn't quite get the msg. Could b my english is bad, but could u just paraphrase. Its a little fuzzy jeezy. Thanks. Waiting
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by sjeezy8: 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2010
[size=13pt]Nigeria: September 2000 riots between the Hausa-Fulani and the Yoruba; current relations between the two ethnic groups in Lagos [/size]

Information on riots in Lagos between the Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba ethnic groups, in September 2000, could not be found among the sources consulted by the Research Directorate. However, several sources report of violent clashes between the Hausa-Fulani and the Yoruba, in October 2000, which resulted in over 100 deaths and the displacement of 20,000 mainly Hausa-Fulani (Global IDP Oct. 2000; ARB 23 Nov. 2000, 14155; HRW Feb. 2003, 16; ICRC Dec. 2000; BBC 18 Oct. 2000).

Reports of clashes between the Hausa-Fulani and the Yoruba in Lagos during 2003 could not be found among the sources consulted. However, for detailed accounts of ethnic violence between the Hausa-Fulani and the Yoruba in Lagos during July and November 1999, October 2000 and February 2002, including interviews with community leaders and witnesses to the fighting and an overview of relations between the two groups, please consult the February 2003 Human Rights Watch report entitled "The O'odua People's Congress: Fighting Violence with Violence." The report states that one of the effects of the inter-ethnic violence is that "many Hausa – –fled the southwest and moved back to the north; some have not returned since" (HRW Feb. 2003, 11).
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by AloyEmeka5: 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

[size=13pt]OPC Men Murder Fulanis in Iwoye[/size]

Although Thursday July 18th has come and gone, the Hausa-Fulani community in Iwoye, a border town between Nigeria and the Republic of Benin near Imeko in Ogun state will not forget that day in a hurry as seven members of the community lost their lives in a bizarre manner in the hands of overzealous Iwoye youths suspected to be members of the dreaded Yoruba ethnic militia, O'odua People's Congress (OPC).

The seven Fulanis slaughtered after an apparently premeditated attack on their community during a spurious Oro deity festival include Anchi Umaru, Mohammed Jobe, Manman Bende and Garuba Sule.

Oro festival is the dark side of Yoruba history just like every other ethnic goup in Nigeria. They behead people including fellow Yorubas, for the festival and mostly pregnant women. Where did the article claim they were killed for being Fulani and how often does it happen?
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by EzeUche(m): 5:17pm On Mar 21, 2010
I am sorry, but I find this very funny. It seems like everything that I have predicted is coming true. And some of these Yorubas are still in denial. Wow. I am speechless and at a lost for words. If this not proof that something sinister is happening around the country, I do not know what is.

As long as they are not running amok in Igboland, or at our borders yet, then I am comfortable. Thank God for the Idoma, Igala, Tiv and Jukon who provide a bulwark against these people. We Igbos need to prop up their borders, so they will not make any encroachment into Alaigbo.
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by sjeezy8: 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2010
Im not even reading what nikkus wrote because to your average yoruba person Hausas and ibo are the same NON YORUBA PEOPLE.

Im from the SW and have no plans of living in the north or east- so i dont givee a shiot what they do, just dont bring tht shiot to yorubaland. Hausas-fulanis already know the deal they cant have ethnic clashes in the SW and they cant have religous clashes in the SW.

peace out
Re: Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded by sjeezy8: 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2010
Youbas folks arent in denal- they just dont give a f about the rest of Nigeria.

I can careless One Nigeria or 4, most yorubas arent leaving the SW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SPANCO BPO Services Ltd Employees Spill Into The Streets........in Ibadan. / How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? / Shameless Nollywood Stars Protest Openly For Biafra PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.