Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,847 members, 7,798,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger (6006 Views)

Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger / Four Applications You Must Have On Your Phone As A Blogger / How To Avoid Being Marked As Spam – Semalt Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by ediko5(m): 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
By Edikan Victor

Recently, when a survey or discussion is being carried out on part-time businesses in Nigeria, some people do mention blogging as one of the profitable online business one can do part-time in Nigeria and rake good profits monthly.

Well, their claim may be true to an extent especially when some top Nigerian bloggers are multi-millionaires. But is blogging really a “part-time or quick money making venture” as most people think? My answer is a big NO.

Blogging may have been a part-time and zero capital online business some 8 years upward ago when there was no competition, but now it’s never a part-time and zero capital business because of only the competition in it (that’s if you don’t want to be frustrated).

However, if you decide to blog part-time with zero capital, then you should remove money making from your mind for the first say 2 years. I will tell you why later.

Gone are the days someone will start blogging with zero capital and grow in the career because of the high rate of competition and challenges in it. Remember the toughest part in blogging is how to expose your blog to targeted audience (getting visitors to your blog) and in blogging term it’s called TRAFFIC. There are free means to get traffic to your blog using social media like FaceBook, Twitter etc, but to really fit into the competition, you need premium (paid) promotion of your blog. (This area is the area that will frustrate your blogging career if you don’t have a well mapped out plan for it).

Also, you need to survey the area/niche of blogging you are good at before venturing into blogging. If you want to go into news/current affairs blogging like Brainnews NG, Gossip Mill, Information NG etc then be ready to be a full time blogger else you are just joking with yourself. This area of blogging will require more attention because you need to always keep your ear on ground and look around for breaking news to post on your site (not copy and paste).

Aside from posting the news, you will need to get visitors to read the news you just posted and this is where paid promotion of your blog comes in. Current affairs news expires as the clock ticks so you need to get your posts to your targeted readers as soon as possible. If you are using free methods, you won’t beat the completion.

On the other hand, if you want to blog part-time then I strongly advise you to go into professional niche blogging. This involves blogging on a particular niche you are good at example technology, automobile, health, business, love/relationship etc. A niche where people can always run to your blog for professional guidance and advice. You can update your blog at any convenience time without worry about the competition because your articles are for targeted readers and the articles don’t expire with time as with news/current affairs article.

Source: https://www.brainnewsng.com/before-you-become-a-blogger-read-this-to-avoid-being-a-frustrated-blogger

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:44am On Nov 10, 2017
Nice tips dre Op
Anyways
Check out my new fitness/nutrition/health website

http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/

Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 10, 2017
Following..... I love blog related thread so much!
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 10, 2017
95% of dem are already frustrated. Linda ikeji wannabes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by Finstar: 7:46am On Nov 10, 2017
Niche blogging is the way to go.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by Finstar: 7:46am On Nov 10, 2017
HMm
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by ihatebuhari(f): 7:46am On Nov 10, 2017
shocked
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by maleekfrenzy(m): 7:47am On Nov 10, 2017
I love blogging...don't just have the Time yet.
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by Alwaysking: 7:47am On Nov 10, 2017
Nice one
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by maleekfrenzy(m): 7:48am On Nov 10, 2017
ihatebuhari:
shocked
ur moniker fear me ooo...wetin Buhari do u
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by ehinmowo: 7:48am On Nov 10, 2017
.very nice view. Blogging has become extremely tedious. One should not even go into with the intention of money making, cos dt will marke the beginning of ur frustration

1 Like

Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:49am On Nov 10, 2017
maleekfrenzy:
I love blogging...don't just have the Time yet.
Den you don't love it if you can't make out tym for it

1 Like

Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by Alfred200825(m): 7:56am On Nov 10, 2017
The op just nailed it
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:57am On Nov 10, 2017
Finstar:
Niche blogging is the way to go.. cheesy
Bro finstar..I see you grin grin grin
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by kingJoya(m): 7:58am On Nov 10, 2017
Ok o
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by adeoba2008(m): 7:59am On Nov 10, 2017
E-business runs in my blood

www.crmnigeria.com
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by PastorMB(m): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2017
Niche blogging is the bomb.

But on a side note, entertainment bloggers dey try ooo
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by Arewa12: 8:03am On Nov 10, 2017
NYC write up
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by Xsem(m): 8:04am On Nov 10, 2017
Blogging?... Total bollocks, find better hustle my people undecided
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by biggy26: 8:11am On Nov 10, 2017
If u are not willing to invest time and money, avoid red ocean like lifestyle blogging. Go after niche or just do something unique. I have blogs, but i also have this: www.poontoe.com
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2017
biggy26:
If u are not willing to invest time and money, avoid red ocean like lifestyle blogging. Go after niche or just do something unique. I have blogs, but i also have this: www.poontoe.com

That's what i advice them dear.
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by biggy26: 8:16am On Nov 10, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

That's what i advice them dear.
I was supporting u dear. I enjoyed d post.
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by SirLakes: 8:16am On Nov 10, 2017
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:21am On Nov 10, 2017
biggy26:

I was supporting u dear. I enjoyed d post.

Nice blog you have there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by Finstar: 8:24am On Nov 10, 2017
niqqaclaimz:

Bro finstar..I see you grin grin grin

My fitness pro.. I salute grin

1 Like

Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by NaijaCover(m): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2017
God Bless you Sir, Promote Your Music With N500 Whatsapp the Admin of http://www..com on 08103739506
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by biggy26: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

Nice blog you have there.
Thank u. I appreciate!
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by BakireBulmaker: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2017
Blogging
Linda Ikeji blogged for 4 years without earning a dime!
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by pauljumbo: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2017
You can blog part time but don't focus on making money initially.

When you focus on impact and sharing quality information money comes naturally.

I will advice beginners to start part time and only go into full time when you start making money from your blog.

Finally the real meaning of a blog is your web diary I think everybody should have a blog to document your perspective of life.
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by mickeyenglish(m): 8:46am On Nov 10, 2017
Post No Bill
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by dollarfx: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2017
i have always believed that it is very hard to become a blogger. We need to do a lot of work before we can even think of getting any income from our blogs.
Re: Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger by Shollay20(m): 8:56am On Nov 10, 2017
Nice writeup! Weldone sir...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Tried "Let's Encrypt" Free Https Certificate Service? / Top 8 Reasons Why Google Adsense Do Not Pay Several Bloggers / ### Do You Want Peer-to-peer or Biz Website Developed In Less Than 3 Days???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.