Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,820 members, 7,798,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? (32421 Views)

Corona Virus Is Airborne. Infections Occur Through Aerosol Transmission / A Deadly Influenza Virus Is Spreading Across America, 15 Million People Infected / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2017
So I was having a discussion with friends at work today about HIV and shockingly not all of us agreed on whether the virus is real or not. Some said it a development from the American government to wipe out the African population. They further backed it up with the following theories

1. Why is test results not always constant. They said whatever result you take, its all lies. Why is it that you get tested in a hospital and it reads positive. To clear your doubts, you move to another hospital the following day to get a test and it reads negative

2. Many people who have multiple sex partners never get the virus. (forget about theories that some people are immune to the virus) But a first time who decides to have unprotected sex contacts the virus. Isn't that unfair grin Aunty yetunde who is a prostitute is negative while sister chiamaka the choir mistress is positive.

3. Some said HIV might be real but doesn't leads to aids. Its the ARV drugs you take (supposedly developed but the western world to decrease population) that leads to AIDS.

4. The virus was an initial experiment but somehow escaped from the lab

5. Some said its real and have a cure but the pharmaceutical industries are after financial gain. They'll make more profits with patients managing the virus rather than an instant cure/#.
Ever heard of HIV DENIALISM ? Some denialists reject the existence of HIV, while others accept that the virus exists but say that it is a harmless passenger virus and not the cause of AIDS. cheesy

My own candid view is that the virus is real. But I don't believe it leads to AIDS. All the same, protection is key, abstinence is the best. If you test positive today, its not the end of the world. Life goes on.

well whats your take?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by madridguy(m): 8:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
AIDS: Fact or Fraud

Brb

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by DanseMacabre(m): 8:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
Some 'unbelievers' have even gone as far as acronymising it as 'American Invention to Discourage Sex'. grin

Me, I don't know, and I don't care, really, at least not that much.

I use contraceptives mainly to avoid unwanted pregnancies and badder STDs like good old gonorrhea and staph.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2017
It is real...
you want facts, I haven't got time to drop much.
just get infected and that 'll do for now.

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by sinaj(f): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2017
Op just try no 2 by sleeping with only 3 different Alhajis or Chiefs in a week. You will know better afterwards.

Better still visit hospitals.

. Why is test results not always constant. They said whatever result you take, its all lies. Why is it that you get tested in a hospital and it reads positive. To clear your doubts, you move to another hospital the following day to get a test and it reads negative

Please Doctors are not God, they make mistakes too. Sometimes they mix up people's blood samples and give results to the wrong owners. Thats why if a hiv test turn positive, it will be carried out again or the patient will be asked to carry out the test in another hospital.

Many people who have multiple sex partners never get the virus. (forget about theories that some people are immune to the virus) But a first time who decides to have unprotected sex contacts the virus. Isn't that unfair Aunty yetunde who is a prostitute is negative while sister chiamaka the choir mistress is positive.

According to researchs, prostitutes are known to be sexually healthy than the average girl. They know how to take care of their self better so you dnt have to compare.
Btw some persons persons are actually immuned to Hiv. You should check out Stephen Crohn later.

Some said HIV might be real but doesn't leads to aids. Its the ARV drugs you take (supposedly developed but the western world to decrease population) that leads to AIDS.

I dont think ARV drugs leads to Aids because many prominent people died from Aids during the 20th century unlike now when people live longer and healthier lives because of ARV.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by MrDickman: 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2017
sinaj:
Op just try no 2 by sleeping with only 3 different Alhajis in a week. You will know better afterwards.

Silly post.
bros forget that nonsense. HIV ko HIV ni. That thing na scam and point one the op noted is proof. Results are always inconsistent. a friend of mine once tested positive in one hospital like that . he coundn't sleep nor eat for day. he was even contemplating suicide then I persuaded him to re do the test again. This time in a different hospital. They said he was negative. We went t to another hospital, result read negative. To be very sure, he did the test again after some months and still negative. The first hospital that tested positive, naso dem for don go do am for innocent person, the mumu go just accept him fate like that dey use drug ontop disease wey e nor get. How e nor go die?

By the way why do you people attribute STD's and vaginal maggots to Alhajis? We need to stop that mentality abeg. Grow up dude.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by MrDickman: 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2017
Someone go come church give testimony say he bin dey live with HIV for 10yrs but after last week night vigil, pastor pray for am and he turned out negative. The mumu nor know say all these while he had been using ARV,s and stuffs thinking he was positive, he was indeed negative. It shall not be well with the doctors who lied to him 10 yrs ago.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by internationalman(m): 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2017
I never for once believed it's real.
Unless 90% of d population are immuned to it. If not I don't see d reason why almost everyone is not infected with it considering d way sex flows in circulation from one person to another just like money.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by yemmit90: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
Nothing scare me about sex these days than HIV, the fear is just too much that every lady i met become a suspect.

Meanwhile, positive mindset heal faster than medicine.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by MhizzAJ(f): 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
Unfaithfulness brings diseases

Abstinence remains the best

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by KardinalZik(m): 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2017
Forget those hypotheses. HIV IS REAL! AIDS IS REAL!! AND SO ARE THE EFFECTS!!! Multiple medical and statistical evidence exist.

Stop wasting your time arguing with those who lack FACTS AND FIGURES and scientific backing. They'll infect you with their DELIBERATE IGNORANCE.

100 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by dandollaz: 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2017
Visit general hospital and ask were Aids victims are.my friend Na your eye will clear your doubt.i have witnessed 2 people I know that died of Aids.stay safe my people it's real

76 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by boiz2men(m): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
I have seen aids patients several times... You all ignorant... Would have explained but I'm busy...

12 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by Rucheen(m): 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
HIV may be real but over rated but in any case he is FEARLESS.

He has long sacrificed cutting hair with public blade, does pedicure and manicure himself., but may never sacrifice one thing.
Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2017
I pity all of you ignoramuses saying it's not real. Out of all your conspiracy theories, only nos 5 seems plausible. The rest is just a huge, smouldering pile of horseshit!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by barrydee(m): 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by barrydee(m): 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2017
I thought I was the only one thinking about the mystery of this Hiv stuff.
Although I believe in the existence of the virus because of the nature of my job. As an auditor, I also audit private hospitals and amongst their vouchers and financial records, some have HIV/ARV sales book where they record the number of ARVs bought and sold to patients and their respective prices.
But the reality is this, the number of folks who have unprotected sex on a daily basis in Naija is so alarming that if this virus was real, almost everyone would be infected.
I have a friend who hates the use of condom and yet he is a chronic womanizer who has been sleeping with every thing in skirt including runs girls & Oloshos for many years but guess what, he tested negative to Hiv before his recently concluded wedding as he was tested by his church.
How about a girl who constantly sleeps with her boyfriend while her boyfriend is sleeping with another girl who is also sleeping with another guy and the list goes on and on and on? everybody no for don get the virus??

That's why at times I'm tempted to believe that this HiV stuff is a well articulated scam by the foreigners to either checkmate the world's population or to scam millions of people.

But Hey, what do I know?
Always use a condom Guys.

17 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by lastchild: 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2017
sinaj:
Op just try no 2 by sleeping with only 3 different Alhajis in a week. You will know better afterwards.

Silly post.
What makes this post silly?

6 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by lastchild: 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2017
dandollaz:
Visit general hospital and ask were Aids victims are.my friend Na your eye will clear your doubt.i have witnessed 2 people I know that died of Aids.stay safe my people it's real
just 2 people? Upon all these sex acts going on every minute of the day

5 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by dandollaz: 10:29pm On Nov 09, 2017
lastchild:
just 2 people? Upon all these sex acts going on every minute of the day
Kai fear God.2 people is just for one person.so you want me to witness 20 people.i be doctor ni

5 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by lastchild: 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2017
dandollaz:

Kai fear God.2 people is just for one person.so you want me to witness 20 people.i be doctor ni
but I have witnessed more than 10 people died of malaria, is hiv is real it should have been killing like malaria considering the level of immorality in the society

9 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by Atiku2019: 10:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
TDF/ 3TC/ EFV

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 09, 2017
it is very real, protect yourself!
Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by Sleyanya1(m): 10:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hmmm

All I will say is That... Infact make I use Pidgin abeg sad

Whether The Real One Or Scam One, I no go even like my Enemy to experience am.

Because most Times na The Fear and Stigma from Society nain dey Kill Faster.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by buffalowings: 10:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
To slap sense into some people here dey hungry me.
Soon
They will say hepatitis C ain't real sad
That malaria is a myth

2 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by bentlywills(m): 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
AIDS is Real

$lets all becareful
Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by YelloweWest: 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Stop fùcking multiple people.

Especially guys.

The first person to contact hiv was a man.

Men spread hiv easier and faster than women.

Before I quote me do your research.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by freeman95(m): 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Maybe for the fear of the virus I will agree its not real grin[

2 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? by Lalas247(f): 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
See questions o

Why not go and try it .... see for yourself ..
You better protect yourself ...

And they wonder why AIDS and HIV is high in Africa see the nonsense they are feeding people undecided

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

11 Female Burn Survivors Come Together For A Beautiful Photoshoot / Physically Challenged Lady Slays In Wheelchair, Shares Inspiring Post (photos) / Can I Grow Taller At 22?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.