Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Atheism: An Irrational Worldview - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism: An Irrational Worldview (3244 Views)

Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / Atheists, Christians, Muslims And Deists Are All Irrational People / Shallow And Irrational Atheist Exposed Yet Again For His Strawman Arguments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 7:08am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

Sir, is this a sensible conclusion from you? Which atheist told you this?

Does God exist?

Do gods exist?

Give me your answers to the above then you would have answered your question by yourself.

I am not an old man but a young'un so no need for the sir.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 7:10am On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Does God exist?

Do gods exist?

Give me your answers to the above then you would have answered your question by yourself.

I am not an old man but a young'un so no need for the sir.

I believe in god. Notice the small "g". I am a deist.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 7:16am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

I believe in god. Notice the small "g". I am a deist.

Then you have no place asking me the question you did. If you need to find out if what I said is true or not then ask an atheist the questions I just asked and then ask for their reasons for such answers.

When you have those then tell them you believe in god and watch what happens next.

As long as you do not agree with their position, you are insane and stupid (so they assume the role of being the ones to approve or disprove the existence of God or gods) you on the other hand are stupid for believing in something they SOMEHOW KNOW does not exist yet you cannot also SOMEHOW KNOW god exists for yourself.

Your belief is crap but their belief or disbelief is everything.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by UyiIredia(m): 7:18am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

Now, that you have given "selected" definitions of "reason", is "reason" the same as "belief" in your definition? Reason means justification it does not mean belief.

The justification is also a belief. What the justification supports is also a belief.

superhumanist:

With regards to the argument I was making, "reason" means "solid justification". This is not belief.

A justification is a belief. You are not thinking.

superhumanist:

Here is the oxford dictionary

REASON
1.1-mass noun- Good or obvious cause to do something.
‘we have reason to celebrate’
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/reason

What causes you to do something is something you believe. You cannot run from belief.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 7:18am On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Then you have no place asking me the question you did. If you need to find out if what I said is true or not then ask an atheist the questions I just asked and then ask for their reasons for such answers.

When you have those then tell them you believe in god and watch what happens next.

As long as you do not agree with their position, you are insane and stupid (so they assume the role of being the ones to approve or disprove the existence of God or gods) you on the other hand are stupid for believing in something they SOMEHOW KNOW does not exist yet you cannot also SOMEHOW KNOW god exists for yourself.

Your belief is crap but their belief or disbelief is everything.

As a deist, atheists are far more accepting of my ideas than christians like you.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by UyiIredia(m): 7:19am On Nov 11, 2017
donnffd:

i wont stoop to your level...because if you dont understand that a wikipedia page can be editted by anyone then whats the need engaging with you?

You are just cherrypicking what you dont like like Christians who cherrypick their Bible. Lesson: Atheists can be just as silly as Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 7:20am On Nov 11, 2017
UyiIredia:

The justification is also a belief. What the justification supports is also a belief.

A justification is a belief. You are not thinking.

What causes you to do something is something you believe. You cannot run from belief.

A justification is a belief? So when I say that "rat poison will make me sick if I eat it, and so I wont" I am espousing a belief?

Dishonesty. This is my last reply to you.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by UyiIredia(m): 7:20am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

As a deist, atheists are far more accepting of my ideas than christians like you.

No, they are not. If fact they dismiss deism and dont regatd it as much as theism since deism has lotyle influence unlike say Christianity. You are an uninformed deist. This explains your ignorance on what atheism is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 7:22am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

And what are your ideas I would reject? Atheists are far more accepting of your ideas because you reject divinity same as they do but still believe there is a god.

However try and parade ONLY your belief in god and watch them rip you to shreds.

I am sure you have always kept that part hidden away when conversing with them.

I am a christian and make bold to declare my position which is built solidly on belief in God and his divinity. That and only that is where you and I disagree.

Why and how then would I reject your other "ideas"?
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by UyiIredia(m): 7:22am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

A justification is a belief? So when I say that "rat poison will make me sick if I eat it, and so I wont" I am espousing a belief?

Dishonesty. This is my last reply to you.

Do you believe or not believe the stagement yiu made up there? If you believe that stayement that justification is a belief. If you dont believe it you wont use it as a justification. You dont grasp what a belief is. Ill remind you. A belief is something evidenxed or unevidenced you accept as true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 7:25am On Nov 11, 2017
UyiIredia:

No, they are not. If fact they dismiss deism and dont regatd it as much as theism since deism has lotyle influence unlike say Christianity. You are an uninformed deist. This explains your ignorance on what atheism is.

Sir, kindly sit down and keep quiet.

Many atheists can accept the possibility of there being a creator of life on earth. They agree that it would likely be an alien race but not a deity god.

Move along with your dishonesty.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 7:26am On Nov 11, 2017
UyiIredia:

Do you believe or not believe the stagement yiu made up there? If you believe that stayement that justification is a belief. If you dont believe it you wont use it as a justification. You dont grasp what a belief is. Ill remind you. A belief is something evidenxed or unevidenced you accept as true.

Please, go and learn the difference between knowledge and belief.

I know (not "I believe) that rat poison will make me sick.

Kindly sit down and reflect, sir.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 7:28am On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

And what are your ideas I would reject? Atheists are far more accepting of your ideas because you reject divinity same as they do but still believe there is a god.

However try and parade ONLY your belief in god and watch them rip you to shreds.

I am sure you have always kept that part hidden away when conversing with them.

I am a christian and make bold to declare my position which is built solidly on belief in God and his divinity. That and only that is where you and I disagree.

Why and how then would I reject your other "ideas"?

Sir, you are wrong on many counts.

Atheists can agree that there could be a creator of life on earth- probably an alien race and not a god.

Atheist do not mind if I call the universe "god". They reject the deification but they can understand my reason for doing so.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

Sir, kindly sit down and keep quiet.

Many atheists can accept the possibility of there being a creator of life on earth. They agree that it would likely be an alien race but not a deity god.

Move along with your dishonesty.

Atheism rejects deification but can believe in anything else including witchcraft, ghosts, aliens, etc. Anything but a diety

You on the other hand believe in a diety who is separate from you and has left you to your fate .

You believe there must be a god (diety) but he does not interfere.

Like I said, focus on why you would even believe in a god despite his lack of interference and watch atheists pounce on you and shred you. Maybe then you would realise that their position is desperately selfish to them and you are not welcome in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

Sir, you are wrong on many counts.

Atheists can agree that there could be a creator of life on earth- probably an alien race and not a god.

Atheist do not mind if I call the universe "god". They reject the deification but they can understand my reason for doing so.

Atheists would understand your reason for calling the universe god? grin

Do you call the universe god? I mean you personally. What do you call god?

If they can accept your version of god here why then should they be upset over someone else's who decides to deify his own version?

1 Like

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Atheism rejects deification but can believe in anything else including witchcraft, ghosts, aliens, etc. Anything but a diety

You on the other hand believe in a diety who is separate from you and has left you to your fate .

You believe there must be a god (diety) but he does not interfere.

Like I said, focus on why you would even believe in a god despite his lack of interference and watch atheists pounce on you and shred you. Maybe then you would realise that their position is desperately selfish to them and you are not welcome in it.

I am also a humanist. In humanism, we have pagans, deists, atheists, hindus and buddhists.

The god i believe in does not have any effect on atheists or anyone else. Unlike the christian god.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Atheists would understand your reason for calling the universe god? grin

Do you call the universe god? I mean you personally. What do you call god?

If they can accept your version of god here why then should they be upset over someone else's who decides to deify his own version?

Does your god not call atheists "fools"?

Has your god not prepared hell for them?

Does your religion not ask you to discriminate against them?

The case is quite simple. Your god is hostile to atheists and atheists are hostile to you.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 7:48am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

The case is quite simple. Your god is hostile to atheists and atheists are hostile to you.

I hope you realise how silly you are sounding right now.

Atheist do not believe in the existence of God or gods so how can a non existent God show hostility? And why would the hostility of this non existent God matter? Why would an atheist see any reason to show hostility towards something they already declared does not exist? cheesy

They may be stupid but please try not to join them in that regard.

Meanwhile what is god to you being a deist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

I am also a humanist. In humanism, we have pagans, deists, atheists, hindus and buddhists.

The god i believe in does not have any effect on atheists or anyone else. Unlike the christian god.

What god do you believe in? grin

Humour me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by Ericsunday619: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Humour me.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 8:15am On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

I hope you realise how silly you are sounding right now.

Atheist do not believe in the existence of God or gods so how can a non existent God show hostility? And why would the hostility of this non existent God matter? Why would an atheist see any reason to show hostility towards something they already declared does not exist? cheesy

They may be stupid but please try not to join them in that regard.

Meanwhile what is god to you being a deist.

The dishonesty shows itself again. If a deist (or an atheist) is talking about the biblical god, he/she is talking about how the god is written in the bible. He/she is not talking about the bible god as if it exists.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 8:15am On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Humour me.

A non personal god?
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by budaatum: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2017
UyiIredia:

No, he understands. He is just a bloody liar like many other atheists. Nigerians just copy things from the West same with our atheists. Earlier on, atheists didnt argue this crap. I dont recall Tai Solarin arguing whether atheism was ONLY lacking a belief in God or belueving in no God and he was an agnostic atheist.
First, I commend you for coming up with your idea of god, from Nigeria, is it? It would be a shame if you worship some non-Nigerian gods like Yahweh for instance. You are a true Buy Nigeria Nigerian and I commend you for your honesty.

It seems that the atheist has a huge bearing on whether there are gods or not. I never would have thought that could so much be the case. I would have thought an existing god would be way above whatever opinion humans held in their heads, but I guess since that's the only place where gods do dwell, the foundation for them cannot but be shaky.

Tai Solarin lived in a time when it was unfashionable not to believe in God. The opprobrium he experienced for mere being agnostic is sufficient for a weaker person to keep silent on such views on deities. I'm glad he was brave enough to stand his ground, albeit it as an agnostic atheist.

I, however live in a different time where I am not shackled by religious stupidity that creates a fear in one such that one must not express oneself as one sees fit. I'm exposed to much greater information than was available in Tai's Nigeria and so the wool can't be pulled over my eyes. You, yourself posted the definition of wiki, where it mentioned a class of atheist who is narrow. Well, you are very welcome to the world of one. It is after all written that one should not be afraid of those who kill the body, so what is there to fear?

If I were to joke about it, I'd claim god is dead, but joke it would be since a thing that never existed or lived just plain can't die. It is dying though, at least the idea is, in the minds of more people, and especially in the minds of more Nigerians than ever before. A time is surely coming, despite the numerous preachers and worship buildings, when trees of knowledge will consciously be cultivated and it's fruit plucked and freely eaten and people would understand that their naked state was in one of slavery.. Then, my dear little man would you (well, perhaps not you exactly, but others, surely), will free themselves and begin to grasp what your gods actually have to teach you. Then I guess would your sort abandon your beliefs which you hold so strongly, for actual knowledge.

In the meantime, I do confess, amuse me please. Amuse me.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by budaatum: 8:33am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

Not true sir. Their gods do not exist so they can't quite say anything. They themselves have written words and placed them in the mouths of their imaginary gods to give their words some semblance of divine authority. It's an age old trick used from antiquity to ensure the words their sort utter and the deeds they perform get to be obeyed and accepted as right and proper.

Once the mask is removed, you'll see they are the ones who discriminate and are hostile and created hell.

The battle is not against their gods, but against them. Its why they resist so much. The battle is theirs, and their gods are the proxy figure they wish you contend with!
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 8:43am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

A non personal god?

Define a god who is both a god and non personal? How would you even know of a god if he is non personal?

Humour me further. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 8:45am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

The dishonesty shows itself again. If a deist (or an atheist) is talking about the biblical god, he/she is talking about how the god is written in the bible. He/she is not talking about the bible god as if it exists.

If you say an atheist is talking about how this God is written in the bible yet does not believe this God exists why then should they be OPENLY hostile in words and action against this same God?

I hope you are working on understanding what I am trying to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:48am On Nov 11, 2017
UyiIredia:

Same thing I told him . I clearly doubted his deism and felt he is an atheist purporting as a deist to avoid being criticised . Or he is putting up this affectation just to impress the atheists which ends up making him look very silly and naive about his own position

1 Like

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:01am On Nov 11, 2017
budaatum:

KEB please be educated

Atheism is, in the broadest sense, the absence of belief in the existence of deities. Less broadly, atheism is the rejection of belief that any deities exist. In an even narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Atheism is contrasted with theism, which, in its most general form, is the belief that at least one deity exists.

And please, if you will, move your argument to the thread you created for it so as not to derail the discussion of this thread.

To an atheist , there are no deities because he sees nothing as a deity be it a physical and non-physical entity .

Example
Before Saul , there were no kings in Israel because no Israelite was enthroned as a king . No one is Israel was conferred a kingship title

Apply this to the position of the atheist, there are no deities because no entity -physical or non-physical -has been conferred the deity or godhood status .

Read this over and over again till you understand it.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 9:34am On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

If you say an atheist is talking about how this God is written in the bible yet does not believe this God exists why then should they be OPENLY hostile in words and action against this same God?

I hope you are working on understanding what I am trying to say.

That is a dishonest question, sir. Who told you that the atheist is openly hostile to God of the bible?

From my experience, atheists react to how christians use their god and bible to discriminate. The athrists are hostile in reaction to christian discrimination
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 9:41am On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Define a god who is both a god and non personal? How would you even know of a god if he is non personal?

Humour me further. cheesy

There are different ideas and types of gods in different religions.

Take Greek gods for example- they can be defeated by mere men.

Zeus himself was a womanizer with earthly women.

A non personal god is a god that does not obsess over his creations (unlike the bible god Yahweh).

A lion does not concern himself with the affairs of sheep. Have you ever been personal with your feces? Do you care how it decays or festers in the soakaway?
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 9:49am On Nov 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

To an atheist , there are no deities because he sees nothing as a deity be it a physical and non-physical entity .

Example
Before Saul , there were no kings in Israel because no Israelite was enthroned as a king . No one is Israel was conferred a kingship title

Apply this to the position of the atheist, there are no deities because no entity -physical or non-physical -has been conferred the deity or godhood status

Read this over and over again till you understand it.

Sir, this is fallacious.

Atheists are asking for evidence for god- which they have found lacking. The disbelieve because they have found no evidence and not because some deitoes have not been given godhood status.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:05am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

Sir, this is fallacious.

Atheists are asking for evidence for god- which they have found lacking. The disbelieve because they have found no evidence and not because some deitoes have not been given godhood status.

Mister , understand what I'm saying before labelling my statement as fallacious . Biko , I dey beg . I'm seriously tired of repeating myself.

The pantheist sees the universe as God , so the atheist is asking for evidence of the universe shey ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NL Atheists, On What Basis Do You Define Right And Wrong? / 11 Things The Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway / Can God Still Forgive Me? I Did Very Awful Things In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.