Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu (27128 Views)

Pa Femi Okunnu And Retired Justice Oluwo Singing Their Former School Anthem / Lateef Femi Okunnu: It Is Rubbish For Ohanaeze To Ask For Slots In Lagos Cabinet / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 4:14am On Nov 10, 2017
eez Hanafi

A former Federal Commissioner for Works, Alhaji Femi Okunnu, has said it is wrong to say Lagos is not part of Yorubaland.

He insisted that the state had always been a Yoruba state, noting that no amount of history could change the status.

Okunnu, according to a statement on Thursday, spoke at the 40th anniversary of Idungaran Club of Lagos, and was reacting to a statement credited to a monarch, who said Lagos was not part of the Yoruba race.

Delivering a lecture titled, ‘Let Lagos State Be,’ Okunnu argued that the common language spoken in Lagos had always been Yoruba, despite the large percentage of its people whose ancestral were Bini or Tapa.

“The same argument could be said for millions of Fulanis in Sokoto State/Adamawa, Gongola, Kano/Katsina who were no less Fulani in origin just because the common language of these Fulanis in those states is Hausa, and not Fulani,” he added.

Okunnu recalled that Lagos State was the first British Colony established in 1861 and was later joined with the protectorate of Southern Nigeria and the protectorate of Northern Nigeria.

He said, “In 1954 under the Littleton Constitution, Lagos city regained its independence from the West and became the Federal Territory until the creation of Lagos State in May 1967.”

The President of Idunganran Club of Lagos, Chief Ganiu Abayomi-Badmus promised that the club would, at all times, look after the welfare of its members and the community.

http://punchng.com/lagos-part-of-yorubaland-says-okunnu/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 4:15am On Nov 10, 2017
Visible to the blind

Audible to the deaf

Land grabbers are ungrateful being

You accommodate them yet they turn against the host

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 4:18am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:
Visible to the blind

Audible to the deaf

Oga you don drop news wan still use laugh kill me.
Se awon olori pelebe?

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:19am On Nov 10, 2017
Na mumu man him be

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 10, 2017
sad
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 4:21am On Nov 10, 2017
cummando:

Oga you don drop news wan still use laugh kill me.
Se awon olori pelebe?

You sound patriotic

I am sure you are a patriot

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 4:23am On Nov 10, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:
Na mumu man him be

Nah them

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:
Visible to the blind

Audible to the deaf

angry

Sarrki. But Nigeria is still one bah?

It is not good to build strife. Let's forget about this tribal stuff now.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 4:31am On Nov 10, 2017
OrestesDante:

angry

Sarrki. But Nigeria is still one bah?

It is not good to build strife. Let's forget about this tribal stuff now.

You are a nationalist

But I won't surrender I will not shy away when it comes to anything that affects the omoluabis.

Call me a tribalist

I agree

Our accommodative nature makes us look weak before the grabbers

If they respect us we also do

They disrespect and honor our leaders then we do

Its give and take

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:

You are a nationalist

But I won't surrender I will not shy away when it comes to anything that affects the omoluabis.

Call me a tribalist

I agree

Its give and take

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by designVATExcel: 4:46am On Nov 10, 2017
Ofcourse na, was anybody arguing otherwise?

The bone of contention is Kwara & parts of Kogi which should also be part of the south west, atleast the Kabba region.

Also the South East has only 5 States, my remedy to this would be reducing other zones to 5 rather than creating nonviable states.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by tsdarkside(m): 4:59am On Nov 10, 2017
this sound so silly...who is disputing that??...because igbo,ipob said whatever....yorubas sef.....ehnnn...

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by tsdarkside(m): 5:02am On Nov 10, 2017
i already said my own opinion over you major tribes...una no well a tall atalll...

we deltans shouldnt emulate them...they are all too crazy......

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by tishbite41(m): 5:33am On Nov 10, 2017
mumu, he's talking to the Oba of Lagos

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:52am On Nov 10, 2017
Never knew Lagos was part of Congo Brazzaville before shocked shocked

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Oye0404(m): 6:05am On Nov 10, 2017
when its time, we'll separate d landlords from d tenants. I just laugh at fools who say Lagos is a no man's land, nd dis same people are clamouring for Biafra.
Until dey require visa to enter into Lagos, dey won't know who truly owns Eko State.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by raker300: 6:11am On Nov 10, 2017
This op and commenters here sha...!!

They didn’t even read the write up..

The man is talking to the so called oba of Lagos

Yet these dolts are mastubating about the igbos here..

Chai...Afonjas why

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 6:13am On Nov 10, 2017
raker300:

Chai...Afonjas why

Morning sir

Mechonu

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by juman(m): 6:27am On Nov 10, 2017
A former Federal Commissioner for Works talking.

He must be very old man.

He is from the cursed generation of people that failed nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by unohbethel(m): 6:32am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:

You are a nationalist

Call me a tribalist

I agree

Its give and take

see him and respect...the fulanis came and disrespected ur leader even kidnapping him, but hey, u didnt raise any vioce.ur people too was quiet.. na igbo matter u dey make mouth..Bleep off joor

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by unohbethel(m): 6:37am On Nov 10, 2017
designVATExcel:
Ofcourse na, was anybody arguing otherwise?

The bone of contention is Kwara which should also be part of the south west, atleast the Kabba region.

Also the South East has only 5 States, my remedy to this would be reducing other zones to 5 rather than creating nonviable states.
when igbos shout of maginalization, now can u see wat they are sayin? how can some regions have 6 to 7 states but its only igbos that av 5? pls tell me wats its?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by unohbethel(m): 6:43am On Nov 10, 2017
raker300:

Chai...Afonjas why
my bros,u hit the nail on de head.. truly some free education is not education at all o.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by temitope277(m): 6:43am On Nov 10, 2017
who said is not part b4
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by naptu2: 6:57am On Nov 10, 2017
Femi Okunnu = Carter Bridge (rebuilt), Eko Bridge, Outer Marina/Ring Road and Third Mainland Bridge (planned).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Noneroone(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2017
tsdarkside:
this sound so silly...who is disputing that??...because igbo,ipob said whatever....yorubas sef.....ehnnn...
No. Because the oba of lagos said so!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by AburoBuhari: 7:09am On Nov 10, 2017
Tell them Bàbá and let the developers keep day dreaming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by engreo(m): 7:32am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:

Nah them
whose head is this?

why the head come be like hawking tray now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by orisa37: 7:37am On Nov 10, 2017
Lagos is Eko-Oduduwa-for-show.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by nengibo: 7:45am On Nov 10, 2017
Lagos will never be Yoruba land for as long as Nigeria exists

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by IamLaura(f): 8:20am On Nov 10, 2017
For those who did not read but decided to rush to comment,He was talking to the OBA OF LAGOS who said Lagos is not part of YorubaLand.

41 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Elections: Atiku Slams N2bn Suit Against Buhari, Demands Apology / Gov Ganduje Declares War On Kwankwaso / PMB's Declaration: APC Bigwigs Approach SDP, LP, Accord For Presidential Tickets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.