Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,037 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:52 AM

Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu (26953 Views)

Pa Femi Okunnu And Retired Justice Oluwo Singing Their Former School Anthem / Lateef Femi Okunnu: It Is Rubbish For Ohanaeze To Ask For Slots In Lagos Cabinet / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Alajiki(m): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2017
Billyonaire:
I disagree with Femi Okunnu on this; He is telling us the history of this land that I sit from 1861.

I am a researcher and there is compelling historical evidence pre-1800 that shows that the Portuguese were here long before the British showed up and battled the Portuguese as world power that they were and bullied the Portuguese out of this land.

Mr. Lekki, Mr. Fulo, Mr. Badagry and so many other guys from Portugal I prefer not to mention used this place as a slavehub in the 1500s and 1600s long before the Britons showed up. So, let us tell the history of Lagos, a Portuguese word, in truth. No one is interested in displacing the Yorubas, neither are the Yorubas trying to displace any other people. It is impossible, because even looking at it, Yoruba is not major language spoken in today's Lagos. It is English and Yorubas are not the majority of the tribes in Lagos, it is a cosmo-politan town.

Mr. Lekki, I have been to the village he ruled and use as Slave harbour and he gave instruction to be buried standing after the British stopped his slave merchant business and he refused to go back to Portugal, but his son did come after some years to exhume and cut off his head and take to Portugal.

Like I said, I research these things as I try to be very close to Indegenous people in order to find out the mystery behind attempts by successful leaderships of the world to destroy indigenous people, be it Aborigenes, Tibetans, Biafrans, Oduduwas etc

We must accept the fact that after the Bini people who camp here defeated the Ile Ife fishermen who also come to fish at the oceans and took over and named this place Eko, the Portugese slave merchant when they arrived called it Lagos. It was a free open place. But since the Yorubas dorminated the periphery of the place, it was only the possibility that when Nigiritia or Southern Soudan became Nigeria after amalgation of the diverse protectorates to eliminate the final strong-hold of the portugese, politics was in the hands of the people and the Yorubas were educated enough to migrate from their neighbouring villages to the seat of power from their nearby locale and concentrate in Lagos. If that is how Femi Okunnu come to his conclusion that Yorubas own Lagos, then he is right, but the word should be, that Yorubas were the highest the highest in population at a certain state in the early days of Lagos and so may have had dorminant interest.

Lagos belongs to anyone who can afford a piece of her, but it is owned by the person that created the land and that person happens to live in every LandLord in this growing town.

Lagos is not a Yoruba State, it belongs to all. No emotion will stop this truth.

I will continue to tell the true story about this town using the true facts available, which I personally investigate as my curiosity drifts from one thing to the other in my continuous probe to becoming the greatest version of myself, God.

All I'm gonna do is grin
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 10, 2017
Bullhari007:
blame your poor ancestors , nah them sell the land, you can't eat your cake and want it back

Yigbo will continue being our slaves and pay taxes to their yoruba overlord in our land. We would swallow you and rule over your generations. Continue the internet struggle.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by baysol: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:
eez Hanafi

http://punchng.com/lagos-part-of-yorubaland-says-okunnu/

What a daft statement to state the obvious. Can you touch your head and at the same time say this is my head? The evil children of Biafra are the only one who are trouble makers trying to foment trouble they have no balls to contain. Very soon you all dirty pigs, 419ers, kidnapper will soon be shown the door.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2017
OrestesDante:

angry

Sarrki. But Nigeria is still one bah?

It is not good to build strife. Let's forget about this tribal stuff now.
Shut up. We will NOT A FORGET. RATHER HAMMER IT INTO ALL OUR GENERATIONS TO COME
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 10, 2017
IamLaura:
For those who did not read but decided to rush to comment,He was talking to the OBA OF LAGOS who said Lagos is not part of YorubaLand.
On point. Are you madam Laura?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by OBAGADAFFI: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2017
Billyonaire:
I disagree with Femi Okunnu on this; He is telling us the history of this land that I sit from 1861.

I am a researcher and there is compelling historical evidence pre-1800 that shows that the Portuguese were here long before the British showed up and battled the Portuguese as world power that they were and bullied the Portuguese out of this land.

Mr. Lekki, Mr. Fulo, Mr. Badagry and so many other guys from Portugal I prefer not to mention used this place as a slavehub in the 1500s and 1600s long before the Britons showed up. So, let us tell the history of Lagos, a Portuguese word, in truth. No one is interested in displacing the Yorubas, neither are the Yorubas trying to displace any other people. It is impossible, because even looking at it, Yoruba is not major language spoken in today's Lagos. It is English and Yorubas are not the majority of the tribes in Lagos, it is a cosmo-politan town.

Mr. Lekki, I have been to the village he ruled and use as Slave harbour and he gave instruction to be buried standing after the British stopped his slave merchant business and he refused to go back to Portugal, but his son did come after some years to exhume and cut off his head and take to Portugal.

Like I said, I research these things as I try to be very close to Indegenous people in order to find out the mystery behind attempts by successful leaderships of the world to destroy indigenous people, be it Aborigenes, Tibetans, Biafrans, Oduduwas etc

We must accept the fact that after the Bini people who camp here defeated the Ile Ife fishermen who also come to fish at the oceans and took over and named this place Eko, the Portugese slave merchant when they arrived called it Lagos. It was a free open place. But since the Yorubas dorminated the periphery of the place, it was only the possibility that when Nigiritia or Southern Soudan became Nigeria after amalgation of the diverse protectorates to eliminate the final strong-hold of the portugese, politics was in the hands of the people and the Yorubas were educated enough to migrate from their neighbouring villages to the seat of power from their nearby locale and concentrate in Lagos. If that is how Femi Okunnu come to his conclusion that Yorubas own Lagos, then he is right, but the word should be, that Yorubas were the highest the highest in population at a certain state in the early days of Lagos and so may have had dorminant interest.

Lagos belongs to anyone who can afford a piece of her, but it is owned by the person that created the land and that person happens to live in every LandLord in this growing town.

Lagos is not a Yoruba State, it belongs to all. No emotion will stop this truth.

I will continue to tell the true story about this town using the true facts available, which I personally investigate as my curiosity drifts from one thing to the other in my continuous probe to becoming the greatest version of myself, God.

Well, you are wrong, most of the places we call Lagos today were once part of Ogun State,

In-Fact some people dont know that Agbara is not Lagos but Ogun-State grin

The real owners of Lagos are the Aworis,Ijebus,Egbados and Eguns and they all have their Axis.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by mr1759: 9:15am On Nov 10, 2017
if the custodian of Lagos history said something about their history, you have to honour it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by enigmaticlion: 9:16am On Nov 10, 2017
IamLaura:
For those who did not read but decided to rush to comment,He was talking to the OBA OF LAGOS who said Lagos is not part of YorubaLand.
that useless oba needs another dose of lightening fire from the Palace of Ooni of Ife. He's a brain dead maggot.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by dharmieee(m): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2017
why is this even an argument
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 10, 2017
Is lagos aboki land or Igbo land if not yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by enigmaticlion: 9:20am On Nov 10, 2017
engreo:
whose head is this?

why the head come be like hawking tray now?
that's the standard issue head for Biafra pigs. That's why they can think straight, Now you know! smiley
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Fanthade(m): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2017
My bro, I feel you. But perhaps your history its true. I believe every major city was built and inherited that way. So it still stands that it belongs to them (the Yoruba) even though the only reason for the argument is because of the level of its development (lagos) but remember the USA didn't originally start as what it is today. It belonged to the red Indians, Anglo Saxons and so many historical stories surrounding it (Andrew Carnegie, Rockefeller, ford, etc) but you dare not tell an average American they dont own their land he's gonna stick out he's magnum (gun) to re-educate us the american way grin(please people come and develop my own state too so that we can have this type of argument in future. I don't mind)

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Fanthade(m): 9:26am On Nov 10, 2017
My bro, I feel you. But perhaps your history its true. I believe every major city was built and inherited that way. So it still stands that it belongs to them (the Yoruba) even though the only reason for the argument is because of the level of its development (lagos) but remember the USA didn't originally start as what it is today. It belonged to the red Indians, Anglo Saxons and so many historical stories surrounding it (Andrew Carnegie, Rockefeller, ford, etc) but you dare not tell an average American they dont own their land he's gonna stick out he's magnum (gun) to re-educate us the american way (please people come and develop my own state too so that we can have this type of argument in future. I don't mind)
Billyonaire:

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by designVATExcel: 9:26am On Nov 10, 2017
oz4real83:
your opinion is very myopic. Have u checked the size of the whole south east? Do u know that Edo and delta states combined is bigger than the whole south east in terms of landmass? If u talk about population,how many south easterners stay in the south east? Most of the people in south east want 6 six states all because other regions have such number without considering important factors.

Dude Zamfara & many other states have a population of little over 2 million.

Zones & states in Nigeria weren't created based on population, we all know that. If it were the case Lagos or Kaduna landmass would hold multiple states & Ekiti will not exist.

Kaduna has almost twice the land mass of Kano. If you follow history you'll realise that there's no correlation in Nigeria between population & landmass & zone / state creation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Guestlander: 9:28am On Nov 10, 2017
Billyonaire:

How do you assert your authority over a piece of land? Is it it by writing long convoluted essays in the media or you exercise real power and control over it?
If Yorubas control Lagos today then it is a Yoruba state until the power over the land shifts to someone else.
When the British came to take over Lagos they didn't start by writing articles, they forced the king to sign a treaty. The same rules apply to anyone who is interested in taking over Lagos today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by nengibo: 9:28am On Nov 10, 2017
enigmaticlion:
are you even listening to your at all, is your miniature brain painting you? You useless Biafra lunatics always masturbating on dilusional jagbajantis.
You made no point in this your rant
Calm your tits, for ur info I'm an Ijaw, and as long Lagos keeps benefiting from Niger delta Oil and one Nigeria, it will never be Yoruba land.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by tishbite41(m): 9:29am On Nov 10, 2017
BakireBulmaker:

The Oba denied ever saying that and dismissed those behind the false publication as idiiots - looonatic flatiyeasterners.
let's believe him bt he said something like that wen he snubbed the Ooni
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by tishbite41(m): 9:30am On Nov 10, 2017
kenex4ever:
If something is yours you won't be reminding everyone every minute that it is yours, they are making it become suspicious.

Unnecessary noise making
don't mind dem
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by nengibo: 9:30am On Nov 10, 2017
FrancisDiote:
Is lagos aboki land or Igbo land if not yoruba land
It is nairaland

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Odingo1: 9:30am On Nov 10, 2017
From the history Lagos cannot be said to be a Yoruba land rather some part of it is a yoruba land, [/b]that is why Oba of Lagos said lagos is not a yoruba land. [b],Anybody saying that the entire lagos is a yoruba land is just dumb.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by BakireBulmaker: 9:35am On Nov 10, 2017
tishbite41:
let's believe him bt he said something like that wen he snubbed the Ooni

Oba Akiolu would never say something like that. If you observe, it was useless online blogs that peddled the fake news because they knew it will draw traffic.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Bullhari007(m): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Yigbo will continue being our slaves and pay taxes to their yoruba overlord in our land. We would swallow you and rule over your generations. Continue the internet struggle.
hahaha laughable... we are not Awolowo the ass licker be grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Odingo1: 9:37am On Nov 10, 2017
nengibo:

You made no point in this your rant
Calm your tits, for ur info I'm an Ijaw, and as long Lagos keeps benefiting from Niger delta Oil and one Nigeria, it will never be Yoruba land.
Dont mind them, they keep on shouting one Nigeria so that they will continue to enjoy ND oil money but want to hijack lagos which is the former capital of Nigeria, built by collective effort of Nigerians, the Brithish and Niger Delta oil money just the same way Abuja is been developed now.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by tishbite41(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2017
BakireBulmaker:

Oba Akiolu would never say something like that. If you observe, it was useless online blogs that peddled the fake news because they knew it will draw traffic.
once again, let me believe both of you
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by somegirl1: 9:38am On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:
Visible to the blind

Audible to the deaf

Land grabbers are ungrateful being

You accommodate them yet they turn against the host

Unless they live in/ occupy your personal property at no cost, you do not "accommodate" any Nigerian in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by webngnews: 9:41am On Nov 10, 2017
Good
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by baysol: 9:48am On Nov 10, 2017
IamLaura:

No wonder Oba of Lagos want to throw yall into the Lagoon. You Ipob never tell the truth until you die. the only truth you'll hear is he is dead. very disgusting set of selfish, unpatriotic and wicked people the world has ever known. Lobatan.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by baysol: 9:48am On Nov 10, 2017
IamLaura:

No wonder Oba of Lagos want to throw yall into the Lagoon. You Ipob never tell the truth until you die. The only truth you'll hear is he is dead. very disgusting set of selfish, unpatriotic and wicked people the world has ever known. Lobatan.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2017
Fanthade:
My bro, I feel you. But perhaps your history its true. I believe every major city was built and inherited that way. So it still stands that it belongs to them (the Yoruba) even though the only reason for the argument is because of the level of its development (lagos) but remember the USA didn't originally start as what it is today. It belonged to the red Indians, Anglo Saxons and so many historical stories surrounding it (Andrew Carnegie, Rockefeller, ford, etc) but you dare not tell an average American they dont own their land he's gonna stick out he's magnum (gun) to re-educate us the american way (please people come and develop my own state too so that we can have this type of argument in future. I don't mind)

I decided that I am not going to respond to emotional tantrums referencing the history of Lagos I wrote, but I have decided to respond to you, because your response to my assertion has no emotional coloration. Congratulations for being civil to me. Many people hate my truth and always tend to attack the messenger. So, the response to your statement is as follows;

I agree totally that Yorubas at a stage in this world, own this land we now refer to as Lagos. I believe there was a time, not long ago that Yoruba owned Lagos, but they no longer own Lagos now. Take for instance, there was a Time in History that Bini owned this Space, they named it Eko, which means Camp. There was a Time in History that the Portuguese people owned his Space in Time, and they named it Lagos, which means Lake in Portuguese.

But at this Time in Space, why do we choose to ascribe ownership of Space to historical Lords ? This Space that I live belongs to me and my offsprings for ever and ever as long as they choose to keep it. But if they sell it to any one else, the Space changes Title. The real indigenous people, the Yorubas in the hinterland know the history of this place than the politicians, they do not even like the politicians cos all they do is seize their land. They are also not emotional as the Yorubas online are. I dine with these people. I enter the trenches. Even as at yesterday I was in one of those communities, I dine with the people, I associate with them. I talk to them and I associate with them and they tell me stories.

This is how I get to know things, and it does open up opportunities for me as I am able to go beyond bias.

This land, changes title. And it has moved from Ile Ife ownership to Bini ownership to Portuguese ownership, and now this town is over 20 million peopled, and majority, not Yoruba, so the era of tribal ownership of Lagos is over.

Let me repeat, the time for Tribal ownership of Lagos is over. Tinubu owns the largest expanse of Land here and he is the largest land share holder. I own a few hectares, so I also Lagos, at least a part of it. Every Landlord owns a piece of this Space in Time, but the original Creator, owns everything. And he sees the world through my eyes.

Time for Tribal ownership of Lagos, is long over. And remain in the cache of our history never to be resurrected again.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ipob’s Ban Of Fulani Cows: Boycott Igbo Goods, CNG Tells Northerners / Reno Omokri Fires Back At Oshiomhole: 'You Can’t Put Jonathan In A Hole!'(pic) / Pictures From President Buhari Rally In Adamawa, Atiku's State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.