Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu (27132 Views)

Pa Femi Okunnu And Retired Justice Oluwo Singing Their Former School Anthem / Lateef Femi Okunnu: It Is Rubbish For Ohanaeze To Ask For Slots In Lagos Cabinet / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

forget that thing, have people not been deported from Lagos? did heaven fall? in the past two days, okada riders have been dealt with in Lagos, who de monitor who? monitor what people are doing for the best of their own land? who is monitoring them in akwa-ibom, who is monitoring them in rivers, this is a federation and every state will continue to function in the best interest of their indigenes.
Lagos remains 51% Igbo, despite all the mumu sufferstication grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

Lagos remains 51% Igbo, despite all the mumu sufferstication grin

I know you are trying to be provocative but take a cue from your brother Point B, made his point but more descent than you

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by vaxx: 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2017
Billyonaire:

You are wrong. 100% wrong.

The Yoruba and the Bini (Benin) languages are offshoots of each other, because you guys are ancestral cousins who love to fight each other.
Eko is a Bini language and if you want to add ile to it, then you should know that Ile means House or Home...right ? So, you can not allow such opinion to control your mind. You need to stop reading half-baked history of people like Femi Okunnu who tell stories he read as opposed to the story being told by the indigenous Yoruba people.

I go into the trenches and I dine with the real original indigenous people and someday, I will tell the story of Mr. Lekki and Mr. Badagry, these are Portuguese people, and if Mr. Badagry owned the expanse bordering Seme Border end of Lagos and Mr. Lekki owned the other extreme which borders Ondo State after the Fulo communities, which Lagos are you talking about ?

Please do not confuse nairalanders with your factless right up. I am a friend of the Yorubas and I dine with them more than you guys who abandon your indigenous people. I defend Indigenous people in all my discussions.

Please be guided.
i posted two argument there, instead of you to refute my claim. you are bringing in your strawmen argument as usual ...

This is the argument again.....

Lagos was pre occupied by the awories in 15 century , they were predominantly fishermen and hunter..

There is different between lagos state and lagos Portuguese.....

If you must know, the word lagos (eko)was crested by the awories not the binin..... This is the pronunciation in yoruba vocab....(Yoruba: Èkó) Bini are not just offshoot of yoruba, they are yoruba by themselves that is another story for another day.....

Before the prince ado( war lord ) was invited to wage war against the Dahomey empire who are about to take the place(eko ile)from them....the word eko ile has been used.......

The same thing happen when eko wanted to be taken by the fullani, the Oyo warriors were invited to stop them in Oshogbo.....

If you are ignorance of a knowledge..... Ask you shall be given..... You are getting more nairaland confused with this your mr lekki and Mr badagry coinage.....
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2017
vaxx:
i posted two argument there, instead of you to refute my claim. you are bringing in your strawmen argument as usual ...

This is is the argument again.....

Lagos was pre occupied by the awories in 15 century , they were predominantly fishermen and hunter..

There is different between lagos state and lagos Portuguese.....

If you must know, the word lagos (eko)was crested by the awories not the binin..... This is the pronunciation in yoruba vocab....(Yoruba: Èkó) Bini are not just offshoot of yoruba, they are yoruba by themselves that is another story for another day.....

Before the prince ado( war lord ) was invited to wage war against the Dahomey empire who are about to take the place from them....the word eko ile has been used.......

The same thing happen when eko wanted to be taken by the fullani, the Oyo warriors were invited to stop them in Oshogbo.....

If you are ignorance of a knowledge..... Ask you shall be given..... You are getting more nairaland confused with this your mr lekki and Mr badagry coinage...
it actually sounds like mickey mouse grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

I know you are trying to be provocative but take a cue from your brother Point B, made his point but more descent than you
What is provocative about stating the facts
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

What is provocative about stating the facts

oh you call lies fact eh? and what's so special about Lagos that you want to hang yourself for when some folks are even renouncing their Nigerian citizenship, like I told one of your colleagues you did not get biafra, you will also not get Lagos, trust me on this.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2017
nengibo:

You are deceiving yourself, the names show that the indigenous people are not Yoruba, since Yorubas can't interprete their names, useless landgrabbing oshogbo migrants
Lol , you’re funny . I don’t even know the meaning of Names like Oshogbo, oyo, Ibadan, ekiti, and I’m a Yoruba. Sometimes those words are joint words and it’s hard to decipher what they truly mean.

Back to the topic. Because Igbo & Hausa or other tribes buy lands in Lagos simply means it’s no man’s land right. I really don’t blame you , I blame the Yoruba picking up arguments from this . Since time immemorial you lot are like an empty vessels that make the loudest noice , that’s why you’re relegated in the scheme of Nigeria politics . Lagos is no man’s land , Lagos is no man’s land , na there be your ancestor village abi.
I think chest beating is really in most Igbo guy’s blood . Well, since it’s inborn i won’t say you should stop , just keep chest beating that you own Lagos and keep delighting us. Awon omo atoko wa baleje

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

oh you call lies fact eh? and what's so special about Lagos that you want to hang yourself for when some folks are even renouncing their Nigerian citizenship, like I told one of your colleagues you did not get biafra, you will also not get Lagos, trust me on this.
heheheheheheheh
Says the man who is NOT even from Lagos grin grin
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

heheheheheheheh

N you are from lagos
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

heheheheheheheh

am also not from biafra and you did not get biafra, see what I mean?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

am also not from biafra and you did not get biafra, see what I mean?
Oba of Lagos has said Lagos is not Yoruba land.
Why are you now vexing for Igbo people.

Igbo amaka cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:

N you are from lagos
Of course. grin grin
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

Of course. grin grin

Where in Lagos sir ?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

Oba of Lagos has said Lagos is not Yoruba land.
Why are you now vexing for Igbo people.

Igbo amaka cheesy cheesy

so where is the oba himself from? Onitsha abi

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:

Where in Lagos sir ?
Lagos is our state
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

so where is the oba himself from? Onitsha abi
You can ask the Oba when u meet him na tongue tongue
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by diadem10: 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

No one is disputing the part of the aworis.. But say the truth as it is, the people of Benin were predominantly in Lagos. Even this professor stated it clearly that:

So, the aworis were there no doubt but majority of the populace were Benin.

The oba of Lagos should give more lecture on this.

And you conveniently left out the Tapa? Can you comprehend a simple statement at all?

A statement read thus that a large percentage of the people in Lagos has Bini or Tapa ancestry yet you could only see Bini?

Very shameless!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

You can ask the Oba when u meet him na tongue tongue
You know him more than I do so where did he tell you he's from
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by franesy(m): 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
LAGOS WAS SOLD BY OBA KOSOKO. chikina
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

Lagos is our state
grin see confusion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

grin see confusion
why are you confused
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

why are you confused
you were asked where in Lagos are you from and you can't answer, so who's confused?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

you were asked where in Lagos are you from and you can't answer, so who's confused?
Please mind your business in Ogbomosho.
And leave we-the-Lagosians to live our life in peace
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by diadem10: 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
You are only coming up with mere assumptions not a tangible evidence. Oba of Lagos says that Lagos belong to the Benin Kingdom. Even this professor that you supported said that the Benin populace were predominant in Lagos. They never mentioned Lagos island. They referred to the entire state.

That's why the whole Lagos(not just Lagos island) is called Eko which is a Benin word.

Eko is a bini word? Lol. Wonders shall never end.

Only the Oba of Lagos island has a Bini ancestry. The people his ancestor ruled were Yorubas, the same way Nigerian didn't suddenly become British because British happened to govern Nigeria during the colonial rule. Moreover, his kinship stop at Lagos Island, not the whole of Lagos and the people he's ruling are Yoruba. The Oba himself is a Yoruba from a Yoruba father ancestry but a bini mother ancestry who was the then princess of Oba Ado who had no son but got his daughter married to a Yoruba man who ascended the throne.

You should be more concerned about the Igalas in Enugu and Abia who were carved into Enugu and Abia even when it's not Enugu nor Abia land.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by franesy(m): 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
LAGOS WAS SOLD BY OBA KOSOKO
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

Please mind your business in Ogbomosho.
And leave we-the-Lagosians to live our life in peace
grin by the way am not from ogbomoso and I do not claim Lagos even though its my place of birth but why claim what it's not yours!

that is corruption nah
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

grin by the way am not from ogbomoso and I do not claim Lagos even though its my place of birth but why claim what it's not yours!

that is corruption nah
There is nothing corrupt there.
Oba has said it, and you must respect and obey the Oba grin grin
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Goke7: 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

There is nothing corrupt there.
Oba has said it, and you must respect and obey the Oba grin grin
oba said you are from Lagos?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

grin see confusion

Serious confusion
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by T9ksy(m): 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goke7:

that is corruption nah

Abeg, leave them. Ibos have been lusting after Lagos since 1947AD.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by diadem10: 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

I'm tired of telling them bro.
[size=18pt] Lagos is No Mans-Land. [/size]

It's an eternal gift of God to Nigeria, just like the oil from Niger Delta.

Some greedy people are sipping other people's oil, yet they want to claim Lagos for themselves. It's not gonna happen.
Lagos belongs to nobody, and to everybody!

Anyone bigot who thinks Lagos belongs to him, should eject the rest of us from Lagos. That's the only to assert ownership. Is that not so?

Enugu, Abia and Anambra lands are more likely to be carved to separate out the Igala lands than Lagos which is a homogenised Yoruba land.

As a matter of fact, enugu land is an Igala land!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
diadem10:

Enugu, Abia and Anambra lands are more likely to carved to separate the Igala lands than Lagos which is homogenised Yoruba land.

As a matter of fact, enugu land is an Igala land!

100% right

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

ICC Job: Ishaq Bello Ranked Low Amongst 20 Contenders / #dasukigate: Falae Calls Bode George To Discuss The Money Received / Youth Leader Killed After Arriving Abuja For PDP National Convention. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.