Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,417 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:06 PM

Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze (1159 Views)

Nkechi Bianze: COZA Agent Offered Me Money To Defend Pastor Biodun / Tithing: The Gullibility and Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian -A Must Read! / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 10, 2017
TITHING: THE GULLIBILITY AND HYPOCRISY OF THE NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN – By Nkechi Bianze.
Back in 2013, in my home Church, something happened that changed my whole perspective. An alter call for donations was made, thus:
“Praise tha Lord o. Our Daddy in the Lord is visiting us with his army of Soldiers. We need to look after our daddy very well. We need to lodge him in the most expensive hotel in town for one week. Feed him and mummy, transport him and look after him while he is with us.”
I was already making calculations in my head at this point, with the idea of the price of the most expensive hotel, and what it costs to lodge people.
Then the announcer continued…
“We are also going to look after his 50-man entourage, likewise. It would cost us at least N100k per day to look after Daddy and Mummy, and at least N70k per day to look after each of his 50-man entourage.”
I’m quite fast with numbers, most especially when these numbers are about money. Thus, it took me less than a minute to come up with a sum total of what they expected us to donate so we can “look after” the spiritual leader of the church. We are talking about a fundraising of not less than N25.2 million Naira here. For what? To have the spiritual leader come and preach to us for a couple of hours per week.
When the calls were made for those who want to give N50k and above to walk down to the “healing ground” for special prayers, I was about to go. I had N50k to give. But then, I snapped within me. I remembered that there are families who are struggling to feed. I remembered that there are children who can’t go back to school because they can’t afford tuition. I remembered that there are people in hospitals who are dying because they can’t afford treatments of N10k.
I had initially wanted to stand up to walk to the front with my N50k, but I saw myself parking my bag, and walking out of the church.
I went out, waved an Okada man, and asked him to take me to the central hospital. I went into the hospital, then asked the nurse if there was anyone struggling with medical bills. I was showed two patients. One was a woman who had just put to bed, and two was a child who had just been treated for malaria. I gave them N15k each. The child could now be allowed to go home. His petty trader single mother almost rolled on the floor thanking me. What for? N15k? It was embarrassing as well as fulfilling…. I actually dropped a tear.
I took a bike to the car park, saw a crippled beggar, he was carrying his plastic plate begging the food seller for food. I gave him N5k and also brought him food.
I went back to Church to join my parents, just like nothing happened.
The following day, I went to the primary school I attended at some point, greeted the head teacher, and asked if there was any student struggling financially. I was showed some. I chose three. I gave each of them N10k. I ended up spending over N65k on strangers who needed my money the most. I paid hospital bills, fed a beggar for at least one week, and paid tuition fees for three.
Any God who thinks that I should be in hell because I didn’t enrich an already stinking rich man who is a thousand times richer than myself and my parents, but rather gave that money to the poor, is a God I never want to have anything to do with.
This was the beginning of it all.
I don’t believe in tithing. That’s a modern-day religious scam.
But I do “tithe”.
Everything that I should have dropped in the Church accounts goes directly to the poor. I pay tuition fees for people, I pay hospital bills, and I feed the poor. All these I do whenever I have the money to do it.
After this experience in 2013, I felt so happy within myself. I felt an inner Joy. I still feel joy within each time I remember that I have put and keep putting smiles on the faces of people who almost had no hope at some points, just with my N10k, N20k, here and there. So, I made a vow in 2013 that love is going to be my religion where I would be paying my tithe and offerings to people, mainly strangers that won’t recognize me again some hours after.
Even the Bible says, whatsoever you do to the least of thou brethren, so you do unto me.
Jesus Christ gave more than he received. The early missionaries that brought Christianity to Nigeria gave more than they received. They built schools, hospitals, and churches for free. They did a lot to improve human lives, and asked for nothing back…. only believe.
But the opposite is what we have amongst Nigerian pastors these days. They make their gullible members milk cows to enrich themselves.
What is a sane man, who goes by the title “GO” in a country where many only survive on less than a dollar a day doing with four private jets? That has gone beyond greed, that’s insanity! And Nigerians keep enabling these brands of insanities.
Nigerian pastors and GOs will continue getting richer for as long as the average Nigerian Christian remains gullible. This gullibility is simply self-inflicted-mental-laziness. You have refused to think with your brains, so these GOs think for you. And they think for you to their own benefits.
I don’t give in Churches anymore. Heaven knows I won’t give a dime to a multi-billionaire pastor while there are still beggars on the streets.
Nigerian Christians need to start using their brains. This is URGENT!
Think man, think woman, because no one ever died of thinking critically with his or her brain.
Even though I become a billionaire today, no Nigerian pastor would get a dime from me. My “tithes”, arms, offerings, and seeds would all go directly to the poor in my society. Not to some of the richest people in the world.

source-http://www.metrodailies.com/2017/11/10/tithing-gullibility-hypocrisy-nigerian-christian-nkechi-bianze/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 10, 2017
cc-seun,lalsticlala,hahn,OAM4J,kingebukasblog
Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by GavelSlam: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2017
This is GavelSlam and I endorse this message.
Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by johnwizey: 7:12am On Nov 10, 2017
Na u people sabi o. As for me, i'll continue to pay my tithe, i sha no kuku borrow money frm you and if you no like am, come and beat me. And don't think you are the only one helping the poor cos many of us do it without blowing our whistle.
Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by olaric(m): 7:24am On Nov 10, 2017
That I don't drink doesn't give me the right to call others who drink fools. Just because you don't tithe doesn't make others who tithe fools. What you did by giving to the needy is called "Choice" and right to do whatsoever pleases you with your money is your prerogative.

You and every other anti-tithe people out there are acting like the devil who's always angry when God is glorified.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by Heavance(m): 8:14am On Nov 10, 2017
naijastoryz:
TITHING: THE GULLIBILITY AND HYPOCRISY OF THE NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN – By Nkechi Bianze.
Back in 2013, in my home Church, something happened that changed my whole perspective. An alter call for donations was made, thus:
“Praise tha Lord o. Our Daddy in the Lord is visiting us with his army of Soldiers. We need to look after our daddy very well. We need to lodge him in the most expensive hotel in town for one week. Feed him and mummy, transport him and look after him while he is with us.”
I was already making calculations in my head at this point, with the idea of the price of the most expensive hotel, and what it costs to lodge people.
Then the announcer continued…
“We are also going to look after his 50-man entourage, likewise. It would cost us at least N100k per day to look after Daddy and Mummy, and at least N70k per day to look after each of his 50-man entourage.”
I’m quite fast with numbers, most especially when these numbers are about money. Thus, it took me less than a minute to come up with a sum total of what they expected us to donate so we can “look after” the spiritual leader of the church. We are talking about a fundraising of not less than N25.2 million Naira here. For what? To have the spiritual leader come and preach to us for a couple of hours per week.
When the calls were made for those who want to give N50k and above to walk down to the “healing ground” for special prayers, I was about to go. I had N50k to give. But then, I snapped within me. I remembered that there are families who are struggling to feed. I remembered that there are children who can’t go back to school because they can’t afford tuition. I remembered that there are people in hospitals who are dying because they can’t afford treatments of N10k.
I had initially wanted to stand up to walk to the front with my N50k, but I saw myself parking my bag, and walking out of the church.
I went out, waved an Okada man, and asked him to take me to the central hospital. I went into the hospital, then asked the nurse if there was anyone struggling with medical bills. I was showed two patients. One was a woman who had just put to bed, and two was a child who had just been treated for malaria. I gave them N15k each. The child could now be allowed to go home. His petty trader single mother almost rolled on the floor thanking me. What for? N15k? It was embarrassing as well as fulfilling…. I actually dropped a tear.
I took a bike to the car park, saw a crippled beggar, he was carrying his plastic plate begging the food seller for food. I gave him N5k and also brought him food.
I went back to Church to join my parents, just like nothing happened.
The following day, I went to the primary school I attended at some point, greeted the head teacher, and asked if there was any student struggling financially. I was showed some. I chose three. I gave each of them N10k. I ended up spending over N65k on strangers who needed my money the most. I paid hospital bills, fed a beggar for at least one week, and paid tuition fees for three.
Any God who thinks that I should be in hell because I didn’t enrich an already stinking rich man who is a thousand times richer than myself and my parents, but rather gave that money to the poor, is a God I never want to have anything to do with.
This was the beginning of it all.
I don’t believe in tithing. That’s a modern-day religious scam.
But I do “tithe”.
Everything that I should have dropped in the Church accounts goes directly to the poor. I pay tuition fees for people, I pay hospital bills, and I feed the poor. All these I do whenever I have the money to do it.
After this experience in 2013, I felt so happy within myself. I felt an inner Joy. I still feel joy within each time I remember that I have put and keep putting smiles on the faces of people who almost had no hope at some points, just with my N10k, N20k, here and there. So, I made a vow in 2013 that love is going to be my religion where I would be paying my tithe and offerings to people, mainly strangers that won’t recognize me again some hours after.
Even the Bible says, whatsoever you do to the least of thou brethren, so you do unto me.
Jesus Christ gave more than he received. The early missionaries that brought Christianity to Nigeria gave more than they received. They built schools, hospitals, and churches for free. They did a lot to improve human lives, and asked for nothing back…. only believe.
But the opposite is what we have amongst Nigerian pastors these days. They make their gullible members milk cows to enrich themselves.
What is a sane man, who goes by the title “GO” in a country where many only survive on less than a dollar a day doing with four private jets? That has gone beyond greed, that’s insanity! And Nigerians keep enabling these brands of insanities.
Nigerian pastors and GOs will continue getting richer for as long as the average Nigerian Christian remains gullible. This gullibility is simply self-inflicted-mental-laziness. You have refused to think with your brains, so these GOs think for you. And they think for you to their own benefits.
I don’t give in Churches anymore. Heaven knows I won’t give a dime to a multi-billionaire pastor while there are still beggars on the streets.
Nigerian Christians need to start using their brains. This is URGENT!
Think man, think woman, because no one ever died of thinking critically with his or her brain.
Even though I become a billionaire today, no Nigerian pastor would get a dime from me. My “tithes”, arms, offerings, and seeds would all go directly to the poor in my society. Not to some of the richest people in the world.

source-http://www.metrodailies.com/2017/11/10/tithing-gullibility-hypocrisy-nigerian-christian-nkechi-bianze/

Church is now business o. I wonder why pastors are being paid like musicians

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 10, 2017
olaric:
That I don't drink doesn't give me the right to call others who drink fools. Just because you don't tithe doesn't make others who tithe fools. What you did by giving to the needy is called "Choice" and right to do whatsoever pleases you with your money is your prerogative.

You and every other anti-tithe people out there are acting like the devil who's always angry when God is glorified.
Exactly!
Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by Topgainer: 8:26am On Nov 10, 2017
The reigning Prosperity PsudoChristian movements that demand, coerce and extort money from people, create lords from among men for men, make emperors of Church Corperations and make slaves of gullible men are the greatest scam of this century. The goldmine for those King Daddy, their Queen Mamas and their heir apparent, King Jnr is the black population anywhere in the world.
I realized this long time ago, It looked like the hypnotic effect was pulled out of me. Thank God I did, I realized the scam.
Those centers are companies belonging to Daddy Bishop and wife (Trustees) and will most likely be handed down to a smart son Bishop Jnr. The word 'We', 'it belongs to all of us' and 'it is a collective vision' is used only when they need to get money from the slaves. It doesn't apply when it comes to distribution of the wealth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by hahn(m): 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
olaric:

You do not have any point

Drinking is not a foolish act in itself but if someone drinks to stupor every day, is lazy, refuses to work or take care of his family then you have every right to call him a fool just as anyone who is constantly scammed of his earnings by a con artist disguising as a man of "god" deserves to be called a fool for his stupidity. Especially when this fool decides to defend his stupidity

smiley

5 Likes

Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by felixomor: 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
olaric:

Exactly and well said

1 Like

Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by felixomor: 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2017
hahn:

You do not have any point

Drinking is not a foolish act in itself but if someone drinks to stupor every day, is lazy, refuses to work or take care of his family then you have every right to call him a fool just as anyone who is constantly scammed of his earnings by a con artist disguising as a man of "god" deserves to be called a fool for his stupidity. Especially when this fool decides to defend his stupidity

smiley

You don't have any point

2 Likes

Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by hahn(m): 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
felixomor:

You don't have any point

Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by Saverin: 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
Topgainer:
The reigning Prosperity PsudoChristian movements that demand, coerce and extort money from people, create lords from among men for men, make emperors of Church Corperations and make slaves of gullible men are the greatest scam of this century. The goldmine for those King Daddy, their Queen Mamas and their heir apparent, King Jnr is the black population anywhere in the world.
I realized this long time ago, It looked like the hypnotic effect was pulled out of me. Thank God I did, I realized the scam.
Those centers are companies belonging to Daddy Bishop and wife (Trustees) and will most likely be handed down to a smart son Bishop Jnr. The word 'We', 'it belongs to all of us' and 'it is a collective vision' is used only when they need to get money from the slaves. It doesn't apply when it comes to distribution of the wealth.

Knockout post. Sheeples pls read!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by OtemSapien: 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2017
olaric:

Tithe is a command by Satan(Yahweh) the god of Judah. Currently he is in a spiritual cage and many eyes are getting opened. May the light of God Almighty who created Yahweh, Allah etc open your eyes too, ase!
Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by petra1(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
Tithes and offerings are given to God . Not to pastors . Pastors are givers and tithers just like everyone else .
Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
something happened two weeks ago. there's this woman her husband lost his job, that was the only way her family could be sustained. so she saw this church, it's near my house, it's a big Anglican church. so she decided to come there to seek help since it was a church and guess what they did, they chased her out and she had to sit outside the gate, my mum saw her and talked to her she explained everything and how her children were in the village managing and how she needed money to move her thing and go back to the village. a family friend who was opposite the church having his car washed saw my mum talking to this woman and he came along and he heard what was going on and decided to give this woman 10k God you should have seen the way this woman shook, I felt so sorry and angry at the same time. The so called church could not even offer any assistance to the woman and claim to be a body of Christ yet don't follow the teachings of Christ which is Love and charity. but these people will waste no time to fill the pocket of their pastors but wouldn't even bulge when it's someone who really needs it. smh

5 Likes

Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by rumenase(m): 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
tithe tithe tithe if yu are not living a righteous life and yu are a tither am sorry to tell yu that yur are just wasting your money Una carry tithe for head is tithing the only thing that God said we should do in the Bible other important thing you are not doing it and yu think it is tithe that will justify yu. hypocrites that's all I see tithers indeed if trumpet sound yu go enter heaven abi?

1 Like

Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by adelee777: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
Apostle James said:'' Pure religion is this; to visit the widows and the orphans, and to keep from being defiled by the world.''
Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 11, 2017
bumps
Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
johnwizey:
Na u people sabi o. As for me, i'll continue to pay my tithe, i sha no kuku borrow money frm you and if you no like am, come and beat me. And don't think you are the only one helping the poor cos many of us do it without blowing our whistle.
keep on paying na..even if they ask u to pay ur head u will pay it
Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by GoldenChiddy: 12:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZjPkvP-C8&list=PL1UutY7_uGmt-RkJ5NRGywNhmIMtIIjw9&index=3
Re: Tithing:the Gullibility And Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Christian By Nkechi Bianze by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 19, 2017
GoldenChiddy:
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZjPkvP-C8&list=PL1UutY7_uGmt-RkJ5NRGywNhmIMtIIjw9&index=3
get out of here

(1) (Reply)

Worship Flame West Africa Season 4... A Reality Gospel Show / The Candidate Of Heaven (Lucky Douglas Atafo) / Why We Discourage Our Members From Watching Television - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.