Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) (24015 Views)

Is It Right For Everyone To Pray At The Same Time In Church?? / Pastor Tega Ahre Is Missing (Photo) / Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Islie: 7:22am On Nov 10, 2017
Afeez Hanafi

The imam of a mosque on Nuru Oniwo Street, Aguda , Surulere , Lagos State, Yahaya Quadri , has remained missing three weeks after he left home .

PUNCH Metro learnt that the victim had left home to pray at a house - warming in Owode Onirin, Ikorodu , at about 8 am on Monday , October 16, 2017 .

He was said to have been invited to the event by a friend , who told him not to come along with anybody .

Our correspondent gathered that the family of the 40 - year -old Islamic cleric became apprehensive around 4 pm on that day when he did not return home .

When one of his lines was contacted , he reportedly spoke in distress for a few seconds before the call was terminated . The lines were said to have been unreachable afterwards.

His mother , Afusat Quadri , said the unknown friend had contacted Yahaya on the telephone on Sunday when he was leading a group of women in a prayer at Oluwakemi Mosque in Aguda.

She said he was supposed to leave for Owode Onirin after the prayer ended around 4 pm , but the friend told him the event had been postponed to the following day.

She said , “ He announced at the prayer on Sunday that he was invited to pray in a house -warming in Owode Onirin. On Monday morning , while his children , who live with me , were preparing for school, he came in and asked them to give him a small bag .

“ I asked him what the bag was meant for and he said he was going for the house - warming prayer and wanted to keep his Quran there. I asked why would such an event hold on Monday and he said that was how the organiser wanted it .

“ I told him to go with one of his brothers . He said the friend that invited him had told him to come alone.

“ Around 4 pm , when his children returned from school , I sent them to him to collect money for their lunch . They said he had not come back . I was surprised because he told me he would not stay long at the event .

“ I called his line and he picked it . I asked if he was in his apartment in Ijesha , Surulere ; he exclaimed , saying , ‘ I have not come o !” There was much noise where he was . I wanted to ask him what happened , but the line disengaged.

“ We have not been able to reach him since then. He didn’ t tell us the name of the friend and we don’ t know any of his friends in Owode Onirin . ”

Yahaya’ s fiancée , Karimat Kasali, said she was also amazed that the house -warming was scheduled for a Monday , adding that she advised him to go with one of his brothers , but he refused .

She said , “ He told me he was going to Owode Onirin on Monday morning while I was preparing for the office . Around 8 . 30am, I called him and he said he was at Palmgroove waiting to board a bus en route to Ikorodu.

At about 9 am, he said he was already at the event and he promised to call me back after the prayer. Around 12pm , I called his line, but it was not reachable . ”

Yahaya’ s younger brother, Muritala Quadri , said the case was reported at the Special Anti - Robbery Squad of the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja , Owode Onirin and Ijesha police divisions and at the Anti - Kidnapping and Anti -Cultism Unit in Surulere .

“ The SARS men said they had tracked his line, but could not locate him . A policeman directed us to the Anti -Kidnapping and Anti - Cultism Unit , which is presently handling the case .

Since his lines are switched off , it is likely he was abducted, ” he added .

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer , ASP Olarinde Famous - Cole , promised to get back to our correspondent with comments on the case .

http://punchng.com/lagos-imam-invited-to-pray-at-house-warming-disappears/

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by biacan(f): 7:24am On Nov 10, 2017
Ikorodu....... am speechless badoo guys at work

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by ArchangeLucifer: 7:27am On Nov 10, 2017
His Allah abandoned him or what?

Mortals will eternally remain under my whip.

This mumu has been bowing to one of my Princes of the East for many years, calling him "God", now that we have taken what's rightfully ours, his family is crying?

Fools.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by ipobarecriminals: 7:32am On Nov 10, 2017
sad pathetic. .Lesson for all.No Mata how strong head u have,plus let ur friends /family know where u are going.Even if is one night vigil,plus tell dem u are going with Rasaki /Tunde to so so.May we not be a blood sucker victim

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 10, 2017
That commentator above ipobarecriminals got me thinking.
God is a great God.As in he created a full human being and replaced His brains with sawdust yet the human can still perform his basic functions. The flaw only shows when he needs to think. Great God.

Alfa may God bring you home safely. Amen

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by sdindan: 7:33am On Nov 10, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

This mumu has been bowing to one of my Princes of the East for many years, calling him "God", now that we have taken what's rightfully ours, his family is crying?

Fools.

I will not pray for this type of calamity to befall you.
Be careful

17 Likes

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by seunlayi(m): 7:37am On Nov 10, 2017
I hope they find him

1 Like

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by ipobarecriminals: 7:38am On Nov 10, 2017
undecided
biacan:
Ikorodu....... am speechless badoo guys at work
not everything is Badoo.He should have use his instinct /6 sense not 5..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:45am On Nov 10, 2017
A policeman directed us to the Anti -Kidnapping and Anti - Cultism Unit , which is presently handling the case .

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by ipobarecriminals: 7:49am On Nov 10, 2017
sad sad
cummando:
God is a great God.As in he created a full human being and replaced His brains with sawdust yet the human can still perform his basic functions. The flaw only shows when he needs to think. Great God.

undecided
cummando:

ipob jew.Wetin i do u.
Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 10, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
sad sad undecidedipob jew.Wetin i do u.
No dey fall my hand na. "Above"means on top of you. Not you. Jesu!
Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Evablizin(f): 7:52am On Nov 10, 2017
shocked

God will deliver him. May thunder scatter any hand holding him right now, he left in peace,he must come back in peace.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Evablizin(f): 7:59am On Nov 10, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
A policeman directed us to the Anti -Kidnapping and Anti - Cultism Unit , which is presently handling the case .
Oga,i'm just speechless.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by ipobarecriminals: 8:03am On Nov 10, 2017
cummando:

No dey fall my hand na. "Above"means on top of you. Not you. Jesu!
aiite Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by ipobarecriminals: 8:04am On Nov 10, 2017
kiss cheesy angry embarassed angry
Evablizin:
shocked
undecided
Evablizin:
shocked
close ur mouth.Nah so una go dey follow lalasticala/mynd44 up and down.when the gentle one like cummando dey.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by EazyJ(f): 8:07am On Nov 10, 2017
Things are happening

1 Like

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Evablizin(f): 8:10am On Nov 10, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
kiss cheesy angry embarassed angry undecidedclose ur mouth.Nah so una go dey follow lalasticala/mynd44 up and down.when the gentle one like cummando dey.
Lol,is my mouth blocking your post?
Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by ipobarecriminals: 8:11am On Nov 10, 2017
EazyJ:
Things are happening
can i see see u for one corner?No com with Evablizin biko
Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Elmojiid(m): 8:14am On Nov 10, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

Fools.
anything for like and share...anybody can fall victim even ur yahoo pastors dnt just want to mention names
Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Evablizin(f): 8:18am On Nov 10, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
can i see see u for one corner?No com with Evablizin biko
EazyJ don't meet him if you love your life,na so oga Imam go meet person for one corner,e neva return still now.

May thunder scatter de hand weh hold Imam now,the plans of the wicked shall not stand.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by ipobarecriminals: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2017
angry
Evablizin:
EazyJ don't meet him if you love your life,na so oga Imam go meet person for one corner,e neva return still now.

May thunder scatter de hand weh hold Imam now,the plans of the wicked shall not stand.
angry Eazyj.Nor mind am,she dey jealous us...... Even goats get sense past some human beings. How can somebody tell u not to inform /tell anybody/Com with ur friend to a naming /any party and u obey/do as E say?May God cripple /smite the bastards with blindness
Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by UrWorstNightmare: 10:23am On Nov 10, 2017
bbbb
Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by 190: 10:24am On Nov 10, 2017
undecided
Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Leez(m): 10:26am On Nov 10, 2017

1 Like

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Leez(m): 10:27am On Nov 10, 2017
fuckingAyaya:

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by one4GOD(f): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2017
Islie:

http://punchng.com/lagos-imam-invited-to-pray-at-house-warming-disappears/

“ Around 4 pm , when his children returned from school , I sent them to him to collect money for their lunch. but why is it that yoloba cannot cook their own food in their own house. Anyway alfa may God help u.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by mumaino(m): 10:31am On Nov 10, 2017
I am amazed with this your reply from professional point of view I can only say with much negaivity and lack of human empathy things are not going well in your life.I pray the Lord you serve would turn things around in your life.
ArchangeLucifer:

Fools.
Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Martinslopez(m): 10:33am On Nov 10, 2017
I pray for GODs intervention on his case

1 Like

Re: Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

Fools.

Get a life bro. So, no Christian has ever gone missing? No Pastor? No traditionalist? No Aethiest?

Reason with your head n not anus.

Bloody bigot

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simeon Chinedu Ononogbu: My Wrong Super Falcons Prediction / Footballers And Supporters Going To Hell? / William Kumuyi Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.