Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,243 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Help!! Your Advice Is Highly Needed. My Partner Wants To Sideline Me On An Idea - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!! Your Advice Is Highly Needed. My Partner Wants To Sideline Me On An Idea (428 Views)

Help, I Need An Idea On How To Use Transferwise To Receive Payment / Great Lessons About Money That Would Help Your Finances / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help!! Your Advice Is Highly Needed. My Partner Wants To Sideline Me On An Idea by kingofthenorth: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
I will try and be brief. I conceived a business idea I was planning to do alone ,although I lack finance so I told my good friend about it which he indicated interest. He funded the project while I did the feasibility study, sourcing for potential clients, execution of the project and planning. I was on ground everyday to ensure things are going as planned and that funds were judiciously used. My partner and friend told me that the funds he is using to finance the project is borrowed, I told him the business will pay back the loan comfortably. All of a sudden I started noticing some strange attitude and behavior in him, I asked him about registering the company and he said his contact is on it, he told me to send my passport photograph and international passport which I did. We agreed on a business name earlier only for him to change the business name without telling me and he also went ahead to register the company with only his name. I confronted him about this and he said since he was the one that brought the whole funds that he is the full owner and when the company starts running whatever income 50% of it will be for reinvestment while he takes 30% and I will be given 20%. I refused the offer and we schedule to see again to deliberate on this. Your advice is highly needed as I am in a delima don't know how to protect my idea from being hijacked by someone else.

N.B : pls insults won't be entertained here.
Re: Help!! Your Advice Is Highly Needed. My Partner Wants To Sideline Me On An Idea by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
Your idea will always be your idea,only you can do it better.
Leave him and the business alone,don't struggle so he won't kill you.
Conceive another idea and work towards it when you get capital.
Once again,leave him and the business alone,dash him the 100%,he would soon run out of ideas.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! Your Advice Is Highly Needed. My Partner Wants To Sideline Me On An Idea by Gentlevin: 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
@op.......always remember that humans are greedy......if u value your life, leave him alone and move on.....A WISE WOMAN TOLD ME NEVER TO DO JOINT BIZ WITH ANYONE IF I VALUE MY LIFE....I have always stuck to that wise woman's words.....next time keep your idea to yourself til u get cash to execute it......

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Online Skincare Training / Fire Outbreak Destroys 50 Shops In CALABAR / Other Cryptocurrencies You Can Make Money From Apart From Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.