Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,782 members, 7,798,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out (35934 Views)

Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation / Cossy Orjiakor Exposes Her Sexcapades With 3 Men, Calls Them Out / Anyang Nyong’o: Woman Sending Nude Pictures To Lupita Nyong’o’s Governor Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by WotzupNG: 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hollywood Star Actress, Lupita Nyongo has taken to Instagram to call out Grazia Magazine for editing her dark skin and and kinky coily hair.

The Actress appears on the cover of the magazine but the pictures used by the magazine appear edited. Her skin was lightened and her hair smoothed.

Her post on Instagram:

As I have made clear so often in the past with every fiber of my being, I embrace my natural heritage and despite having grown up thinking light skin and straight, silky hair were the standards of beauty, I now know that my dark skin and kinky, coily hair are beautiful too. Being featured on the cover of a magazine fulfills me as it is an opportunity to show other dark, kinky-haired people, and particularly our children, that they are beautiful just the way they are. I am disappointed that @graziauk invited me to be on their cover and then edited out and smoothed my hair to fit their notion of what beautiful hair looks like. Had I been consulted, I would have explained that I cannot support or condone the omission of what is my native heritage with the intention that they appreciate that there is still a very long way to go to combat the unconscious prejudice against black women's complexion, hair style and texture. #dtmh

http://www.purplefeel.com/2017/11/lupita-nyongo-grazia-magazine.html

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Lalas247(f): 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
Yes preach on ....

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2017
Everything to a black man has the racist or prejudice undertone. We don't see beyond our nose before screaming either of this two...it's normal to edit a picture meant for the cover of a Magazine. Her dark skin tone wasn't edited to white complexion, and it wasn't edited to a fair complexion either, so I see nothing wrong in the finishing touches they gave her skin. Were you expecting them not to edit the original picture? Their crime here is the fact that her lengthy kinky hair was edited to low-cut. The management of the Magazine are really insane if that was done without her consent.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Lalas247(f): 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
[quote author=Benita27 post=62253399][/quote]
Gbam
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Tamarapetty(f): 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
ebony beauty
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by LuvU2: 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
Why nt leave Hollywood dear Lupita? White system deliberately hunts nd misrepresents people of color. And they love it when u complain coz it gives them this feel of power over you.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
Lalas247:

Gbam
I modified.
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by newsynews: 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by jantavanta(m): 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
They have been doing it for centuries. Starting with sculptures when they break-off noses that are not pointed. With paintings, they "whiten" paintings to convert a black person to a white person.

My dear Black Model, if you are told that you are pretty, remember the mark on your forehead, when they play tricks on you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by BruncleZuma: 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by akeentech(m): 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
newsynews:
lalasticlala
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Samusu(m): 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

Make I follow you laugh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by miqos02(m): 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2017
rear
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Factfinder1(m): 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
"No condition is permanent"

What about fallen breast?
Any hope
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by miteolu(m): 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
Who is she?

1 Like

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by 1kingwriter: 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
Black is beautiful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by HPS3(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
Am I the only one who doesn't get what the problem is?.

5 Likes

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by cescky(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
Fame is getting to your head nupita...

Something to be ignored Na him u carry for head

5 Likes

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by olaboy33(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
This comment was deleted
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Ipheyemmy01(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
Black is beautiful and bold.

1 Like

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by lonelydora: 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
She's very proud of her skin colour. Nice one.

Don't mind all these Ngwa and Calabar girls bleaching away their skins.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by mployer(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
She is still ugly.

3 Likes

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Oildichotomy(m): 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2017
Ok
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by ThinkWISELY(m): 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2017
story
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Ipheyemmy01(m): 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2017
cescky:
Fame is getting to your head nupita
What is this one saying.. .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hollywood and it's Media affiliates are White man's creation. They do as they please........this been going on for years.

1 Like

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by bettercreature(m): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2017
mployer:
She is still ugly.

I won't toast her if I meet her on my street sad

2 Likes

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2017
Black Beauty

4 Likes

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by ReubenE(m): 10:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
Beautiful girl.
I am not sure if they meant to offend u

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huddah Monroe: "No Man Wanna Be My Ex, I Got That African Sauce" / Blossom Chukwujekwu & Maureen Esisi's Pre-wedding Photos / Uche Jombo, Where Is Your Husband? - Fan Asks On Instagram. Actress Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.