Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Akoko Monarchs Verdict: TB Joshua Is Our Son, Our Pride - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Akoko Monarchs Verdict: TB Joshua Is Our Son, Our Pride (841 Views)

Akoko Monarchs AT WAR With T.B Joshua's Family, Insisting On Village Burial / Yep! TB Joshua Is Very Dead! / George Weah Visits TB Joshua's SCOAN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akoko Monarchs Verdict: TB Joshua Is Our Son, Our Pride by tinajohn: 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
The age long saying that a prophet is not honoured at home may not be quite peculiar to the Prophet T.B Joshua, founder of the Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) as his people speak glowingly on his socio, religious and economic contribution to the development of his town Arigidi Akoko and the entire Akoko Division of Ondo State, Nigeria.

For historical purposes, Akoko is a division in Ondo State comprising of four out of the 18 local governments that made up the entire Ondo State. The four local governments are: Akoko South-West (Oka), Akoko North-East (Ikare), Akoko South-East (Isua) and Akoko North-West (Oke Agbe). The Prophet came from Arigidi under the purview of Akoko North-West. However, his contribution to the entire Akoko cannot be over-emphasised.

For years, the media has been awash with the contribution of this great Akoko son over his contribution to this region of Ondo State in all human endeavours.

His impact had been felt positively in the areas of education, security, social development among many others. The impact of his contribution was so much that his people could not but be appreciative of what God had used him to do for his community.

Among many reports, electricity was restored to the whole four local governments in the area, after the prophet coughed out N29m Naira. Nine police patrol vehicles were given out after a severe robbery incident took place at Ikare, Akoko – very close to the Olukare’s palace. There is equally an ongoing establishment of a $1b first class university in his native home of Arigidi-Akoko.

It is also on record that many Akoko indigenes have benefitted from his philanthropic gestures, including scholarships and other empowerment programmes. It was in view of all these that the crew of the National Forefront newspaper, led by the publisher, Mr Taiwo Akinrinlola, went to establish the veracity of these claims. For two days, the crew were in all divisions, asking and seeing for themselves. At the end of the two-day visit which lasted between Thursday 19th to Friday 20th October 2017, we were convinced beyond reasonable doubt that all things being said about the prophet’s contribution to his community were not mere fallacy or exaggeration. They were the reality on ground.

The first favour that Prophet T.B. Joshua’s name brought to us was free hotel accommodation, given to us by one of the community’s famous industrialists, Alhaji Semu Semu. When we arrived at his place at 7pm and, in the course of our interview, we asked him to substantiate some of the philanthropic gestures of the prophet, he gave more insight into what was merely written in the news. At the end of our encounter, he was impressed by our initiative to come all the way from Ibadan for this purpose. He gave us free hotel accommodation in one of the best suites of his hotel called Semu Semu Royal Motel in Ikare, Akoko.

National Forefront then spoke with His Royal Majesty, Kabiyesi Akadiri Saliu Momoh, the Olukare of Ikare; His Royal Majesty, Kabiyesi Oba (Dr) Alhaji Yisa Olanipekun Abu, the Zaki of Arigidi (the native town of Prophet Joshua); a community leader, 89 year-old Alhaji Semu Semu, and other indigenes. They all agreed that Prophet T.B. Joshua is – OUR SON, OUR PRIDE.

MY VIEWS ABOUT PROPHET T.B. JOSHUA – ALHAJI SEMU SEMU
Alhaji Semu Semu is the owner of Royal Motel at Ikare, Akoko in Ondo State. He is an industrialist and a philanthropist. His business interests cover sawmilling and hospitality, among many other ventures. He spoke glowingly of Prophet T.B. Joshua of The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) in this encounter with the Pubisher of Natoinal Forefront, Taiwo Akinrinlola at his hotel in Ikare.

Prophet T.B. Joshua is our son, our dear son, born and bred in Akoko here. He came from a very reputable family. He is a philanthropist to the core. He has impacted positively on the lives of both old and young in this community. Widows are not left out. He gives both cash gifts and foodstuffs to them. He participates actively in all the programmes that take place in Akoko here. When we have problems with our light, he donated generously to the restoration of electricity in the four local governments that Akoko is made of. Having paid all the outstanding electricity bills, he thereafter ensured that there is a constant electricity supply. In addition to all these, it is on record that his gestures are spread towards all the nooks and crannies of Ondo State.

We even have it on good record that he wants to establish a Church and University in Akoko here. We encourage him to do so. This will create more employment, especially for our youths here.

One interesting thing about the Prophet is that his generosity knows no religious boundaries. For example, I am a Muslim and I have cause to visit him in his Church at Lagos. His gestures surpass religious affiliations. He has at various times donated generously to the Mosques and he participated financially in all Muslim festivals and other Islamic activities. He has built homes and provided shelter for many people in this community.

My first meeting with him in Lagos was very eventful. He entertained me very well and encouraged me to feel at home. He loves people. My prayer is that God continues to renew his strength.

TB JOSHUA IS GOD’S GIFT TO US – OBA AKADIRI SALIU MOMOH, OLUKARE OF IKARE
National Forefront called on the palace of the Olukare. As soon as we mentioned one of our reasons was to hear the views of the Akoko people about Prophet T.B. Joshua, the monarch put up a smiling face, an expression of approval of our visit. He confirmed to us that he had been with the prophet for a week.

Sir, for how long have you known Prophet T.B. Joshua?
I have known him formally when I was installed in 1985. He came all the way from Lagos that I should accompany him for prayer in one of our schools. Though I am a Muslim, I accompanied him to the prayer because my mind told me that he is a man of God and that God had destined him to be a great man. If Muslims say Allah and Christians say God, we are talking the same. I went with him in my Muslim regalia and at the prayer ground, people were joining him. I only left when the crowd was reasonably large. My mind shays he is a nice person and he is really a man of God. His prayers have divine intonation.

The SCOAN which Prophet T.B. Joshua founded is 30 years old. What are your comments?
Like I said earlier on, right from 1985, my mind told me he is a man of God and that conviction has not changed for whatever reason. I have been visiting him since and I am proud to say that I am now part and parcel of The Synagogue Church. To buttress this, I just left the Church about two days ago where I spent a week with the man of God.

Has the prophet impacted positively in any way to this community – I mean, the entire Akoko division?
The generosity of the prophet is incomparable. No matter whom you are, he is always willing to assist. To our community in Akoko, we could not have prayed for a Divine gift more than Prophet T.B. Joshua. He is God sent to us. He is our pride; he is our son. He has done plenty for us and if I continue to mention them, we might not be able to exhaust everything. That we have constant electricity in Akoko Division now – I mean, the four local governments – is due to his generosity. When we were looking for money to offset the bills, he was the one that paid the N32m required. The same thing goes to the area of security where he provided about nine patrol Hilux vehicles to the security agents.

His footprints are in all areas of human endeavours here. In fact, one of the major reasons for this recent visit was to show appreciation and thank him on behalf of our sons and daughters. As you can see, that my people are gathering for the AJO, my thank you visit to the Prophet is one of the issues that I am going to discuss with my people. God put him in this position and God is protecting him.

What are your words to him?
TB Joshua is our son, our pride. We beg the Almighty God to protect him. He is all over the world. We are grateful to God that God raised him from this community.

THE DAY TB JOSHUA MADE ME PROUD – OBA YISA OLANIPEKUN ABU
Oba Dr Alhaji Yisa Olanipekun Abu is the Zaki of Arigidi, the home town of the renowned Prophet T.B. Joshua. There are news everywhere of the philanthropic gestures of the prophet to his native home in Akoko, Ondo State. In this interview with the Publisher of National Forefront, Oba Abu recalled an incident where he felt proud of the prophet, while extolling his other virtues.

This town, Arigidi-Akoko, is making history through her prominent sons and daughters. What is your take on this?
I am very proud of them. They have made this city proud. They are gradually putting us on the world map. I know most of them. I have a good rapport with them and I thank God for their lives. It will interest you to note that at the religious and tourism level, Prophet T.B. Joshua, our son, is a colossus, an internationally acclaimed man of God. We have many of them like that. I am a very lucky king.

What then are the socio-economic contributions of these individuals to the development of this town?
Their contributions cannot be quantified. Take for instance Prophet T.B. Joshua of The Synagogue Church – he is making waves in religious and tourism development all over the world and this town, Arigidi, his native town, is not an exception. We thank God for what he is doing all over the world. I am very proud of him, especially through Emmanuel TV. There was a day I was coming from Kenya. Inside the plane, I saw people wearing Emmanuel TV t-shirts. In fact, some of them were looking at the way I was admiring them and the special way I greeted them. Basking in the euphoria of this international display, I made them realise I was the traditional king of his native town. You could see the excitement on their faces. I was very proud to be associated with him.

Can you mention some of the things he has done for the community?
Prophet T.B. Joshua has touched this community in all areas. About three months ago, during our traditional Yam Festivals, he gave out over 500 bags of rice to each of the quarters in addition to N2m cash. I am very sure you would have heard how he bailed us, the entire Akoko, from a prolonged blackout to the tune of over N30m. You would equally have heard about his donation of nine Hilux patrol vehicles to the security agents, to secure the security system in Akoko Division in Ondo State.

We have allocated a proposed Divisional Police Station to be built in this town to him for construction. We are equally calling on him to help build a befitting hall within the palace. This we hope to inaugurate alongside the new palace next year. The community have concluded plans to name the hall after him. I am therefore using this medium to thank him very much for what he has done for us so far while imploring him to do more. We all love him.

Lest I forget, about two years ago, the Prophet sent a lot of money to renovate the Okota School and also Ajiroke Grammar Schools. These institutions now wear a new look!

SOURCE: National Forefront Newspaper - Volume 1, No. 16

(1) (Reply)

You And Your Daddy G.os. By Charles Ogbu / PRODUCTS SALES REPRESENTATIVES NEEDED / I Got This Message From Pst. Sam Adeyemi This Morning (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.