Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? (37671 Views)

How I Got To Survive After My Nysc 2021 After Moving Up And Down With My Cv / Has NYSC Destroyed Your Relationship Before? Tell Us Your Story / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by biacan(f): 1:19am On Nov 11, 2017
Flashh:
Wanted to take one serious, but she misbehaved. So, old things are passed away.
Why won't she misbehave when you not being serious
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by xtivin(m): 1:37am On Nov 11, 2017
I met my wife during service year

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by RobinHez(m): 1:48am On Nov 11, 2017
AverageAnnie:
I'm scared already,,very soon he'll be going for service.. My prayer is that God will cover his eyes and heart...

sad
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by openmine(m): 1:49am On Nov 11, 2017
My advise to those in a relationship is to be cool and calm....No need having high blood pressure over ur boyfriend/girlfriend
Seriously, U have so much to do with ur life than bother Ur precious heart about wat Ur partner is doing out there!!
What will happen will happen even If U say "i love U" or "i miss U" every day from now till the end of ur partner's service year,If he/she wants to cheat,there is nothing U can do about it...
So get over that heart ache and do some thing meaningful with Ur life! cheesy cheesy

...Sorry Ohh the truth hurts smiley smiley

But lets look at this from a brighter side,its even a blessing in disguise....
Some lose their relationship during the 21 days camping...
some during the full service year...
If ur boyfriend/girlfriend manages to escape the pleasures and vegas-like experience then he/she is really into U for LIFE(CONGRATS)

But If she/he falls for some one else,during NYSC service,Well life goes On....
And to be honest,U just dodged and avoided a potential cheating wifey/hubby thats if there was a plan to get married....
So if U look deep,Nothing was really lost.....

So cheer up and calm down wink wink

17 Likes

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by KingSango(m): 1:50am On Nov 11, 2017
paulstrings:
During our University days, we've acquired the Love of our Life at one point. He/She must be someone you planned to settle with after school. Oh, the Joy, the Romance and the Memories. That level of relationship is always something serious.

But then NYSC Happened.

The Camping is the crux of the whole matter.

21 days of meeting new people, having fun, a different environment and schedule.

There is this air of freedom and sense of adventure.

You begin to form alliances, acquaintances, and friendships to survive.

These networks will help you survive the 21 "horrible" days.

Disaster will always be lurking around the corner. You just like this guy/girl so much, and you can’t get them out of your mind because you get to see them every day for the next 21 days. You see them at the parade grounds, hostels, kitchen, seminar halls and variety classes. The attraction becomes something of a greater magnitude

You finally decide to take action and you know, this cliché

“Whatever happens in Moscow, stays in Moscow”.

there’s always something about connecting in such circumstances.

The Intimidation in our service camps is so high. Takes a lot of strength and willpower to resist such temptations. You will want to fight the urge to try someone new.

The Vegas of your dreams.

My Camp was interesting, Corpers went as far as organizing a party tagged "Night of Fornication". They printed flyers and shared around. {The camp director heard about it and gave us a hot moralizing sermon on the campgrounds the following morning. Youthful Exuberance!! She chided, even though a majority of us didn't know what went down the previous night.

Well, consider the fact that most people who attended the event were in a relationship or semi-relationship. And “things” must have happened that day. That was just an instance.

I heard stories of married corpers having extramarital affairs in camps. This might even go on to continue all through the service year.

My Advice to Corpers and partners are as follows

* Get prepared before they are being posted out to their service states. Discuss it
* Keep a constant communication. Give Him/her all the attention they deserve
* Make sure you part in high spirits. don't allow a fight before they leave.
* Try to visit if you can

Well, Humans are unpredictable beings. Let’s hope we can trust our partners to stay faithful and true during their NYSC days. For any healthy relationship, there must be trust, loyalty, and commitment.” Being in a foreign place and away from your love can definitely be tough but you can pull through. Besides, it has its own advantages, like

* The Absence makes the heart grow fonder
* Bringing romance to your relationship
* Falling in love with yourself and discovering new things about yourself

My sympathies go out to the insecure ones {Shrugs}. I personally don’t think they’ll survive the absence of their partners. They will go on to have a high degree of paranoia.

Please, tell us ... Did your relationship survive past the gruesome NYSC test?

Source: http://lifeafternysc.com/did-your-relationship-survive-after-nysc/

NYSC has the useless policy of posting troopers out their home state to create one Nigeria. Well is propinquity more important than passion for one's own state and culture? Troopers are far away from home, amongst another people, losing ties with their child love back home. Sometimes troopers are attacked or not supported by ethnic groups not in support of their changes. There is the loss of passion seeing the work troopers have done because they are not fixing home but someone else's home. Think how much passion and furor would be generated if the troopers and the community shared the same culture? Troopers seeing the changes to their own city would be more excited to fix its problems. Communities who are familiar with the troopers, because they know their family and share the same ethnicity would see them as heroes. This trooper placement out of state of their origin needs to be one of the things brought up during restructuring.

Ase

Love Sango

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by yanabasee(m): 2:22am On Nov 11, 2017
BigSarah:
I'm in 300lvl still no relationship. The question should be were you in a relationship before Nysc cry

You're a professional liar...is Mohammed ur uncle?

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by Kooldon(f): 3:25am On Nov 11, 2017
I Was In A R/nship B4 NYSC N I Was FAITHFUL tro out d 1 yr. Nt dt dy were no beautiful gals. I Had Dm in numbers(both corp members & indigenes). I Decided Nt To CHEATS on her but the pressure was unbearable to d extend dt A beautiful corp member dt I fell 4 n she was in love with me too tld me one day " KOOLDON, U DNT KNW WAT U WANT" After Seeing Myself In Saint Joseph's Situatn With The Potiphar's Wife. Those words til date hurts me til date cos I broke up with gal 2yrs after my NYSC
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by osothermal(m): 4:20am On Nov 11, 2017
By God's grace after 2 years plus post service, we are tying the knot on the 16th of December 2017 . it wasn't easy though but God has made it possible

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by Michelle55: 5:08am On Nov 11, 2017
Never had one.. all my heart was set on leaving the camp even though the orientation camp was one of the best camp to be. secondly I was missing home like kilode so there's no room to entertain any form of relationship.

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by Sike(m): 5:13am On Nov 11, 2017
Wish i had the experience.
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 11, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Never dated then

do u ever even date
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by wintersnow(m): 5:42am On Nov 11, 2017
KingSango:

NYSC has the useless policy of posting troopers out their home state to create one Nigeria. Well is propinquity more important than passion for one's own state and culture? Troopers are far away from home, amongst another people, losing ties with their child love back home. Sometimes troopers are attacked or not supported by ethnic groups not in support of their changes. There is the loss of passion seeing the work troopers have done because they are not fixing home but someone else's home. Think how much passion and furor would be generated if the troopers and the community shared the same culture? Troopers seeing the changes to their own city would be more excited to fix its problems. Communities who are familiar with the troopers, because they know their family and share the same ethnicity would see them as heroes. This trooper placement out of state of their origin needs to be one of the things brought up during restructuring.

Ase

Love Sango

Troopers?? Yhu mean corpers right?
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by candygebsslim: 5:43am On Nov 11, 2017
Met my wife when i was in my 3rd year January 29 2009 Then she just wrote waec a very very smally then.
She is doing her nysc right now, we got married early this year.
The truth is we can't get enough of each other still, people who don't know us says it is a new marriage that is why it is chaking us, but what do they know.
When God uses ur rib to bring ur own eve, everyday go sweet pass Valentine.

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by wintersnow(m): 5:44am On Nov 11, 2017
Michelle55:
Never had one.. all my heart was set on leaving the camp even though the orientation camp was one of the best camp to be. secondly I was missing home like kilode so there's no room to entertain any form of relationship.

Just Imagine.... Only 3 weeks you're missing home already... When you get married lives in another state, how are you gonna cope?
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by farellstone: 5:48am On Nov 11, 2017
IditaBoy:

Dude, you wrote jamb, tests/exams & then a dissertation with this type of grammar and graduated. How?
Dissertation, for first degree? Of course you graduated too.

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by Michelle55: 5:48am On Nov 11, 2017
wintersnow:

Just Imagine.... Only 3 weeks you're missing home already... When you get married lives in another state, how are you gonna cope?
to be sincere I have no idea how I'm gonna do that but I believe when I get to that stage in my life, I'll scale through.
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by wintersnow(m): 5:49am On Nov 11, 2017
Michelle55:
to be sincere I have no idea how I'm gonna do that but I believe when I get to that stage in my life, I'll scale through.

Lol...I guess you're the last child?
Did you school in your state?
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by Michelle55: 5:51am On Nov 11, 2017
wintersnow:

Lol...I guess you're the last child?
Did you school in your state?
yes I did. I'm not the last. I'm the first and only. I guess being around my family has made it difficult for me to stay faraway.

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by wintersnow(m): 5:54am On Nov 11, 2017
Michelle55:
yes I did. I'm not the last. I'm the first and only. I guess being around my family has made it difficult for me to stay faraway.

Awww i understand... You're really attached to them, buh seriously you've gotta start learning how to stay apart form em for a while, definitely it would hurt... Buh they'll be fine..trust me
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by Michelle55: 6:00am On Nov 11, 2017
wintersnow:

Awww i understand... You're really attached to them, buh seriously you've gotta start learning how to stay apart form em for a while, definitely it would hurt... Buh they'll be fine..trust me
guess I will try but sincerely speaking I don't even know how and where to start from though.
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by PreciousJob: 6:13am On Nov 11, 2017
Have been dating her while we were in school. And during my service year the distance and other things posed a lot of threat. It would have ended but because the foundation was laid right, when love could not do it again understanding and grace came in. The question is what foundation did u build on the start point of ur relationship? Another thing if u are a born again with the fear of God u will know that cheating is wrong. You would not have no reason to say u want to live freely and enjoy ur self while she is not around. At the start point of my relationship we built a lot of trust and we handed it over to God. We are still together and next year ending we are moving strait to the alter.
Build a Godly relationship pray for ur partner each day. U will not just end relationship because u came for a one year service!!!

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by wintersnow(m): 6:14am On Nov 11, 2017
Michelle55:
tell us your Nysc experience. did yours survived after the Nysc?

Lolz I'll be going this November Batch B stream 1.. Mine didn't even survive when we were together in the same state.. cry cry...
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 11, 2017
No time for serious relationship during nysc, remain open minded with ladies and enjoy your service year

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by oyekan1997(m): 6:20am On Nov 11, 2017
Neva knw how dis relationship stuff be coz i neva experience it even once.am just dis guy so serious with his book and my g.p
well..just in 300l tho
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by introvertme: 6:23am On Nov 11, 2017
IditaBoy:

Dude, you wrote jamb, tests/exams & then a dissertation with this type of grammar and graduated. How?

His English isn't as bad as an average Nairaland member,don't know why you're making a fuss

Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 11, 2017
osothermal:
By God's grace after 2 years plus post service, we are tying the nut on the 16th of December 2017 . it wasn't easy though but God has made it possible
tying the nut with kola nut shey?
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by reality17(m): 6:26am On Nov 11, 2017
BigSarah:
I'm in 300lvl still no relationship. The question should be were you in a relationship before Nysc cry

Bigsarah and Bigliar are like.....5&6
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by BabbanBura(m): 6:30am On Nov 11, 2017
Bibi294:
Mine is six month post nysc and it's still flourishing...

he must be enjoying ya cuchie real good
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by Michelle55: 6:31am On Nov 11, 2017
wintersnow:

Lolz I'll be going this November Batch B stream 1.. Mine didn't even survive when we were together in the same state.. cry cry...
lolsss. don't worry, another babe will locate you
Re: Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 11, 2017
Sharp man, those ladies are damn smart, dey chop from a guy and move to the next one
Beedude:
Didn't date any corps member. Need to save my allawee for life after nysc. Thank God i did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Corper Is Changing Lives In Abia Community (Photos) / Drop your Congratulatory Messages For Batch C 2014 Corpers Passing Out Today! / How To Register NYSC On Your Own Computer

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52