Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Stealing From Customers: Airtel’s Grand Theft Strategy In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stealing From Customers: Airtel’s Grand Theft Strategy In Nigeria (862 Views)

How Greedy GTB Workers Demand Money From Customers To Gain Entrance Into Banking / Zenith Bank Staff Steals N3m From Customers’ Accounts / I Think Zoto App Is Stealing From Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stealing From Customers: Airtel’s Grand Theft Strategy In Nigeria by Babafemijames35: 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
Airtel is stealing from customers in Nigeria but is refusing to accept it is doing so.

Last year, around August, I purchased an Airtel mobile network sim card, registered it instantly at the vendor who sold it and slotted it in my new tablet phone. I never expected to have any troubles with the network. But less than four weeks after that, I realised I was wrong.

The first ugly experience I had was a series of airtime deductions on my line. I noticed a ₦15 deduction, then another ₦15 and another ₦15. I got disturbed and felt cheated. I rang Airtel customer care centre to report the problem, but there was no talk of settlement. The customer service officer that answered my call explained that there was a mobile dating service subscribed for on my line. I told him I...
Continue reading https://thenewsghost.com.ng/stealing-from-customers-airtels-grand-theft-strategy-in-nigeria/

Re: Stealing From Customers: Airtel’s Grand Theft Strategy In Nigeria by ifex370(m): 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
Yeah its true.. The worst thing you can do.. Is to leave some free airtime above #15 lying around your Airtel sim... Bloody fraudsters
Re: Stealing From Customers: Airtel’s Grand Theft Strategy In Nigeria by Babafemijames35: 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
Seriously it really annoys and the problem is they do it over and over again
ifex370:
Yeah its true.. The worst thing you can do.. Is to leave some free airtime above #15 lying around your Airtel sim... Bloody fraudsters
Re: Stealing From Customers: Airtel’s Grand Theft Strategy In Nigeria by maybethevents06(f): 11:38am On Nov 11, 2017
My experience with Airtel Nigeria since Wednesday

I loaded 1000rc on Wednesday morning with *126* then I tried subscribing but Airtel said I have insufficient balance. No credit no data.i called the customer care the lady said I loaded with *555* I said what is that, I don't know about that besides *555* is for mtn. She later told me to get 100rc so it can be topped up cos I have already been given 3000bonus, I told her I don't need bonus I need data. I loaded 100rc called back later to be told that I ought to use *555* hmmmmmm, I went again to get another 100 card loaded with *555* called back and was told they will work on it by that night it will be restored, Thursday nothing, Friday nothing they sent me messages that my issue is been resolved, I would call them they would tell me in 12hrs time I would get my money. I called today same thing. That's what caused my vexation this morning. If they don't want to refund my money they should just stop posting and scamming me.
I've also tweeted it severally.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria’s Representative At The Kwese Gogettaz Finals / What Does It Entails To Start A Data Retailing Business? / What Is The Importance Of The National Identification Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.