Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

The Joyous Shout Of "Up Nepa" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Joyous Shout Of "Up Nepa" (669 Views)

Shout Out! / An Ode To Nairaland, Shout-out To Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Joyous Shout Of "Up Nepa" by Footballyarn(m): 11:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
We grew up to understand that power supply gets interrupted every now and then. We never thought that Electric power could stay for more than 24hours without blinking not to talk of getting interrupted.

Unlike other countries that celebrates 50years of uninterrupted power supply, we celebrate 12 hours of uninterrupted power supply as we rely on Generators.

It was when I grew a bit older , then i was about 11years old when I got to know that some Countries even in Africa don’t experience regular or frequent power interruption as we do experience in Nigeria.

Back then, when there is power there is a kind of joyous feelings we have, when there is NEPA(that’s what we call electricity) everything seems to be working fine. That moment, we are able to iron our school uniforms, Turn on the refrigerator, turn on our Tv etc.

But there is nothing so Heartbreaking as when you are about to watch a Nigerian match ,an intetesting Tv serie,a movie,or you want to play a game and then the power gets interrupted. That occurrence is always followed by a very long hiss and complains.

Even up to today when there is power,, there is this shout of Joy, if you don’t know about the shout, then you havnt stayed in or been to Nigeria. Even a kid as young as 2years shouting “Up NEPA” whenever electricity is being restored.

According to a Nigerian man who travelled to England, he said when he got there, he noticed that there is always electricity and does not get interrupted and then he became afraid thinking that the electricity transformer might develop faults or even knock.This is because, we were thought that power transformers get faulty or may knock due to electricity being constant.

I know that so many of you reading this can relate to what I stated especially if you grew up in Nigeria.

Growing up in Nigeria was Awesome.

http://www.gabafrica.com/2017/11/09/the-joyous-shouts-of-up-nepa/

Re: The Joyous Shout Of "Up Nepa" by TemmyT123(m): 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
Lolz.. Up NEPA!!! Even after the change of name..
Re: The Joyous Shout Of "Up Nepa" by kennybelle: 1:54am On Nov 11, 2017
The funniest part is the insults that follow wen d light gets interrupted

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Boldscholar.com; Online Book Publishing / The Silent Killer Ebook / The Guy With Twelve Fingers And Twelve Toes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.