Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) (16496 Views)

First Bank Debtors. Starcomms Owing N40b / Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors / Tony Elumelu's Daughter, Oge, Steals The Heart Of Instagram Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by cooldude62(m): 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
When you are doing business in Nigeria, you have to be smart like this lady. Her ingenuity should be applauded! I came across this and thought to share.

Asake Agoro is the owner of Asakeoge Couture, an international Fashion Brand.

Having trained and done business n London for more than a decade, she decided to do business in her homeland, Nigeria.

She has been on it for 3 years and though she is not doing badly, she says people owe her a lot of money.
Earlier today, she wrote on how frustrated she is about clients who owe her for months without paying and made reference to a particular woman who rocked her dresses and yet owes her to the tune of a hundred thousand Naira.

She took a drastic and creative decision that not only got her a good chunk of her balance but also got her respect which has got people talking on her Facebook page.

Please read what she did as told by Asake herself:

PART 1
The audacity of Nigerian debtors.This madam has been owing me 100k Balance on clothes made for three months.I haven't bothered because she is a regular client still has fabric with us.She just appeared on my instagram timeline wearing one of the clothes she hasn't finished paying for. I go through her profile and I see three other dresses she hasn't paid for. I call her and she picks up the phone. "Morning ma'am. I'm calling to find out when I can expect the balance of your payment.""Ha Asake those dresses are too tight. I'm bringing them back. Two zips are broken.""Ma'am I'm looking at the dresses on your profile they look fine. They have been with you for 3 months. You haven't complained till I called you. You need to pay the balance of your dresses before close of business today.""Or what ? Even Nigeria is owing money." She hangs up the phone. I go to her instagram page and she has blocked me.I'm weak.

PART 2
So after the incident that happened this morning (Re: previous post) I though of how long, tough and depressing it has been to grow a business in Nigeria. I thought of all the months where we literally spent everything we made that month and the month before on bills. I thought of how many sleepless nights I've had wondering if I'm doing the right thing and asking myself what the hell was I thinking coming to do business in Nigeria. From tailors who abandon work and dissappear with customers and customers' fabric to headaches with generators. It's been one crazy ride. Then you have clients who won't pay and will be giving you stories here and there. Some will wear the clothes to a party and come back and dump it saying it needs fixing before they pay their balance and then you never see them again. Like if I calculate how much I'm owed and lost in less than 3 years of business in Lagos I will be pushing half a million. So today I decided to teach this woman a lesson she would never forget. I bought four eggs got a black marker and painted 3 of them black. I headed for her shop where I met her and told her I need my money pronto because I gave her till close of business and this is 5pm. "I already told you I will return the dresses they have issues. Do you want to come here and fight me ?""I'm not here to fight but I will not leave till I collect my money. You wore those dresses, now you want to return them.""I'm don't have any money to give you please don't block customers from entering my shop""Ma'am I left my own shop with pending work to come here, you think you will prosper with this kind of behaviour ?" She started raising her voice and getting aggressive. I walked to my car and retrieved the 4 eggs. I got back to her where she is standing infront of the shops arms akimbo to prevent me from walking back in. By this time we have drawn the attention of some passers by and other shop owners.I hold out one black egg and start speaking rapidly "Koriko ti aja lowo Osi, owo Osi nin gbe. Koriko ti aja lowo otun. Owo otun nin wa. Emi Asake lon s'oro. Omo are alapata! Omo egun jobi amunodoko! Omo Ori gbongbon d'ori ota mu!..."All I'm saying is my 'oriki'(praise words) like my dad taught me. But to the untrained non speaking Yoruba ear, it sounds positively diabolical. She exclaimed in Ibo and ran back into her shop. I followed her inside and broke the egg between her legs. She screamed as it splashed on her legs and ran outside screaming witch ! Witch !I followed her back outside where a small crowd has gathered. Everyone keeping their distance from me. She starts screaming "Blood of Jesus ! I'm a child of God ! You can't do me anything!""Jesus hates debtors he cannot save you! You are not a child of God ! If you don't transfer my money before 12 midnight today, you will see what will happen to you!"I walk over to her car and break the remaining two black eggs in front and at the back."If they born you well try and leave this place without paying my money !"People from the crowd are murmuring and a couple of people try to calm me down.I put the last uncoloured egg on her car and told her. "Once you have paid my money break the last egg. If you think this is a joke just leave this place today and let me see if that God you are calling will save you !"People gathered and started begging me "Ha please sister!" "Leave it to God!" "You be witch, you go go hellfire""Tell her to pay my money if she wants to see tomorrow!'I get into my car and leave.Two hours later, I get a text message. "Good evening ma, this is XYZ's husband. I have sent 50k to your account. I promise to send the balance by next weekend. Please can we break the last egg?"

http://alimoshostandard..com.ng/2017/11/nigerian-debtors-mad-people-mad.html

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by DozieInc(m): 12:16am On Nov 11, 2017
Crazy debtors, serves them right.
Can we break the egg now? cheesy cheesy

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Odioko1(m): 9:39am On Nov 11, 2017
K
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by konkonbilo(m): 9:39am On Nov 11, 2017
Kk
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 11, 2017
Hahahahaha, what a way to get your money from your debtors!
This is so UNIQUE and EPIC, I'm so sure the debtor won't sleep for a week!

Only a brave woman can try this out!!

Please, can we break the last egg Hahahahaha.

(I'm so sure the lazy ones won't read the story, they will be waiting for summary, lol!)

DEBTORS KILL BUSINESS!!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 11, 2017
Shameless things
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by MhizzAJ(f): 9:43am On Nov 11, 2017
grin grin

That woman must be very funny
Some people can owe for Africa

16 Likes

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by lordmario(m): 9:43am On Nov 11, 2017
Bwahahahhahaa..... Lmao
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by handsomenonny(m): 9:43am On Nov 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by kpaofame: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2017
Women wahala...why live above your means..... undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by ogologoamu: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2017
Everybody is owing one thing or the other.

Kiss the truth.
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Jovie: 9:46am On Nov 11, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by oyepaulkay(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Funny
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by tchimatic(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2017
no be small thing ooo

2 Likes

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by OldBeer: 9:47am On Nov 11, 2017
Proof that Nigerians fear their native gods more than Jesus.
Remove bible and let our lawmakers swear with their traditional gods, this country will turn to dubai in a year.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Pearl05(f): 9:47am On Nov 11, 2017
Creative
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by nmanma1(f): 9:48am On Nov 11, 2017
Sweetest way to follow debtors.
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by yhemsy62(m): 9:49am On Nov 11, 2017
Omo see common sense o

1 Like

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by HazardCosta(m): 9:49am On Nov 11, 2017
U did excellently well. It is the best method so that people will not take debts so lightly

1 Like

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Lamzee(m): 9:50am On Nov 11, 2017
4eggs, 1marker and little fuel cough out 50k.

3 Likes

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 11, 2017
ogologoamu:
Everybody is owing one thing or the other.

Kiss the truth.
So that gives you the audacity and confidence to keep owing all over?!
smh

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Phaanie(f): 9:50am On Nov 11, 2017
Hahahahahahaha i don't why i love this woman.
Dont mind them when they use your hard work to slay and then take you for a fool.
Serves her right

1 Like

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Jerrypolo(m): 9:52am On Nov 11, 2017
LoL @ "can we break the last egg now"?

1 Like

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Bunmarium(m): 9:52am On Nov 11, 2017
nice one
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by nzeobi(m): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2017
I must say you are creative. people fear juju more than they fear the almighty cos of his grace and mercy

3 Likes

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by yomalex(m): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2017
hmm Xquisite Couture are you seeing this grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by adebayo201: 9:54am On Nov 11, 2017
funny...

but dont try this to a woman from Osun State oh. As you're breaking the eggs, she will be breaking ostrich eggs too!
i fear babalawo from ife!

5 Likes

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by chinonyinye: 9:55am On Nov 11, 2017
lol... that was epic. the funniest of all was when the husband asked 'can we break the last egg now?'. I think say she no dey fear na as per the paparazzi she bin dey form. yeye.
Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by wordbank(m): 9:55am On Nov 11, 2017
I've a fashion designer that's owing me over 200k, fashion designers sabi owe too.
I've a close friend that's about to sell his equipment to pay debts accrued for 3yrs.
My guy say him transfer money to my account but for where? All na scope
Just a few in my friends list, not major clients
And I'm owing 6k for gas refill yesterday and dem don call me this morn.
I just tire

5 Likes

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Millz404(m): 9:56am On Nov 11, 2017
This idiot that is owing me close to 200k...time to nollywood up.

1 Like

Re: Asake Oge: Nigerian Debtors, Mad People, Mad Solutions - (Fashion Designer) by Originalsly: 9:58am On Nov 11, 2017
Business is business....that kind business....deposit and balance upon completion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Fertiliser Plant To Commence Operations Next Week / Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria / How Bankers Defrauded Wema Bank, CBN – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.