Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me (49155 Views)

A Yahooboy Wants To Marry My Daughter. What Should I Do? Elderly Man Asks (vid) / Lady Stays In The Same Room With Her Husband's Corpse For 3 Days In Ogun (Video) / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by LifeIsGuhd(f): 9:10am On Nov 12, 2017
Mynd44:

Lets flip the script. If your daughter had told you "why are you giving me water like a dog?" will you find it offensive to you?

Lol, too much sense in a person cheesy

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sexy74(m): 9:17am On Nov 12, 2017
Mynd44:

Lets flip the script. If your daughter had told you "why are you giving me water like a dog?" will you find it offensive to you?
She believes dogs drink water from a bowl and she should not be drinking from a bowl when she has her cup
Sincerely u will not feel bad but still explain it to her that water can be drank from a bowl if that's all you have as at that time.
yes I did the explanation that you can drink water from any where as long as it is what you have.

16 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sirBLUNT: 9:19am On Nov 12, 2017
Mynd44:

ofcos he wil find it offensive u knw in life we tend to judge wit sentiment if it involves the one we love and evn if she gave her the water in a bowl cant she carry the bowl and the drink it or do humans also lap too?..op is jst defending his daughter's rude attitude wen he should b chastising her...

29 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by ozoneymcm: 9:22am On Nov 12, 2017
I initially thought it's wrong for "my daughter " to ask chisom for water but considering that she's 3 years, that would be acceptable in most homes. I don't know why op is very defensive about chisom being a maid. Even if her mission in the house isn't to be the maid, that's what she has turned out to be( nieces these days are used as maids). Finally it's obvious that "my daughter "thinks (at age 3) that she is a first class citizen and chisom has no class.

41 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by hamzeiy: 9:56am On Nov 12, 2017
Nigerians are just sooo irrational. Children misbehave a lot, at 3 years there is noting wrong to tell someone to bring you water. Instead of debating on whether dogs drink or lick water na day bad mouth a 3 years old child that is yet to know she is existing cause non of us here can remember our activities when we were three years old.
Obviously from the conversation both the child and chisom are leaving happily thus the reason they are debating in the first place.
@ op..your child shows early signs of intelligence, develop her even more,keep family issues away from social media so that unmarried frustrated adults that don't know the value of marriage,children or family wont bad mouth yours. And I advice you not to respond to any if them. All those shouting morals here mostly have undisciplined wards. Every person is suddenly a saint on social media

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Mynd44: 9:59am On Nov 12, 2017
sexy74:

She believes dogs drink water from a bowl and she should not be drinking from a bowl when she has her cup
Sincerely u will not feel bad but still explain ti her that water can be drank from a bowl if that's all you have as at that time.
Let's be straigh here, your daughter was rude. It does not matter if Chisom is a maid or a nanny, rude is rude and I am bothered that you did not see the need to tell her to be a lil more polite to people.

You should teach your ward basic "please and thank you" also to be polite when requesting for thing. She could have requested for a cup and it is well but "am I a dog"? That escalated too quickly.

Also bothering is that children don't just come up with this thing, someone has been deneaning to Chisom in front of her and she js learning fast. Watch your daughter.

This is a friendly advice

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 12, 2017
She's still a kid.. Just teach her to use polite words like Thank you and please

5 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Mynd44: 10:38am On Nov 12, 2017
dondemex:
She's still a kid.. Just teach her to use polite words like Thank you and please
I doubt anyone here is asking for the kid to be punished. But to correct a child means you are admitting that the child wronged

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by barapistis(m): 10:52am On Nov 12, 2017
hamzeiy:
Nigerians are just sooo irrational. Children misbehave a lot, at 3 years there is noting wrong to tell someone to bring you water. Instead of debating on whether dogs drink or lick water na day bad mouth a 3 years old child that is yet to know she is existing cause non of us here can remember our activities when we were three years old.
Obviously from the conversation both the child and chisom are leaving happily thus the reason they are debating in the first place.
@ op..your child shows early signs of intelligence, develop her even more,keep family issues away from social media so that unmarried frustrated adults that don't know the value of marriage,children or family wont bad mouth yours. And I advice you not to respond to any if them. All those shouting morals here mostly have undisciplined wards. Every person is suddenly a saint on social media

you need to see the title of the thread you responding to

this it

Conversation Between My Daughter And The Girl That Stays With Me

the above title tells a lot about the op

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Johnchike(m): 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mynd44:

Let's be straigh here, your daughter was rude. It does not matter if Chisom is a maid or a nanny, rude is rude and I am bothered that you did not see the need to tell her to be a lil more polite to people.

You should teach your ward basic "please and thank you" also to be polite when requesting for thing. She could have requested for a cup and it is well but "am I a dog"? That escalated too quickly.

Also bothering is that children don't just come up with this thing, someone has been deneaning to Chisom in front of her and she js learning fast. Watch your daughter.

Young man, it's not your business. He owes you no explanation and hasn't sought your advice on the upbringing of his precious daughter.

The only question I feel you're entitled to answer, is whether dogs drink water or they lick (lap) water.

Any other thing you say is strictly your unneeded opinion. Let him be.

That was a harmless conversation between his daughter and the girl.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
since everyone is dropping their cents.. let me drop mine..
From that statement one can deduce that
A. The daughter in question was rude,
B. The daughter had a so good relationship with the (lady offering a service) so she spoke rudely.. which is common between kids. Even some adults.

The point is the lady didn't pick any offense..
So its B.

she's 3 for Gods sake..she only wanted to point out that dogs use bowl, humans use cup (we adults are the ones with guilty conscience ....

plus, please and thank you is fvcking boring... AMIR?
Its starts looking like one official service and not a kids play as it used to be...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by mabea: 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
[quote aauthor=barapistis post=62288149][/quote] Seriously? damn why do speak with so much confidence as if you are a witness to the discussion. U sound too judgemental.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by mabea: 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
[quote author=barapistis post=62288149][/quote]
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by mabea: 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
barapistis:

The op is the epitome of an average Nigeria with an oppressive mind set

My daughter,.... Then the girl...who is a nobody ,...reducing "the girl* status further ,who stays with him( as the chair man and head of the house...broadcasting it to the world ( Nairaland seems to be the right platform to show his manhood

Most men,who are not even worthy to be called fathers but are called daddies just because the carry rods and two balls inbtween their legs are ignorant of the most basic principles that makes a real father

Sorry to say op may just be one of them
You nigerians are too emotional, why so much judgement when it is clear that the guy only summarised the scenario. By the way do u know who is older between mary and chisom let alone their relationship.

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by mabea: 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
hamzeiy:
God bless u sir. I respect ur understanding.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sexy74(m): 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mynd44:

Thank you Mr morals I have heard, but she aired her mind because she was not to be given water in a bowl, she never insulted her or disrespectfully talked to her.
Like I said earlier dont judge .
I rest my case

7 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by barapistis(m): 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
mabea:
Seriously? damn why do speak with so much confidence as if you are a witness to the discussion. U sound too judgemental.

Was i,may be I was

Will come online late r
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by 9jaBloke: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
From the convo, I figure 'chisom' is Op's daughter. The other girl is Mary.

Chisom's first statement was 'Mary please give me water.

The second one: 'don't give me water like a dog' appears rude at first read but again, we can't really tell the tone with which she said it. Arrogance is not just 'what was said', it is also 'how it was said'. She may not have said it in a rude manner.

Sexy74, you can still teach your baby to choose her words better and to always be respectful. The most effective way to teach kids is doing what you want them to emulate 'cos at that age, they observe more than they listen.

na u carry the Mata come here o, so you should be ready for all kinds of comments smiley

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Pacesetter123(m): 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
Oboi...no be small thread be dis..ooo!See deductive reasonings

7 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by blessedvisky(m): 3:08am On Nov 13, 2017
Cool thread..
"The girl that stays with me"
Using logical reasoning and deductions,

1)the girl that stays with the Op is not related to him .
2) the girl is older than the daughter
3) children of that age can't just ask anyone older than they are to give them things then challenge the person after the deed is done. It's obvious that your daughter is superior to the other girl, even Tho she is the youngest girl in the house..

I think we can all deduce how the girl is generally treated in the house....

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Ishilove: 4:18am On Nov 13, 2017
*sigh*

So much ado about nothing. The child is 3, for God's sakes. Smart and mouthy, and obviously has a good relationship with Mary. As she gets older it is left for her parents to mould her properly so that the mouthiness doesn't cross into the arena of tactlessness and rudeness. Shikena

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by MrEnigma007: 6:40am On Nov 13, 2017
ishilove said what I would av... most parent will want their child to be outspoken it all depends on how the parent teaches their children to not grow into being rude when being outspoken...

To if the OP sees it as offensive, let's go this route, if some little girl not related to you says "don't give me want like a dog" would you see the need to chastise the little kid?

9 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by ashjay001(m): 8:25am On Nov 13, 2017
McBeal10:
Your daughter asked for water so Chisom told her to come take the water only that one she talk o. then your daughter just out of nowhere said Chisom should not give her water like a dog because dogs don't drink water they lick it undecided nawa o. you go fear conversation.

Imagination is key. Try imagine d sequence of events

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by ashjay001(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2017
barapistis:

Your daughters statement conveys the atitude that she is a boss to the person she is relating to

Your statement above only show how defensive you are knowing that most children follow the character and attitudes of whoever they were brought up by,
Its better to retreat into your shell and give yourself some cane before coming to spew trash on a public forum

U probably, dont have a child yet!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by henryhemon(m): 8:29am On Nov 13, 2017
[quote author=barapistis post=62288149][/quote]

Read that conversation too,her little girl was rude no matter if it was an exhaustive conversation or not.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

I owe you no responsibility to declare to you my relationship with her, and please note is not all that stays with you is a maid if the person is not your biological child.
To your other question she said thank you, but complained how she was offered and made to drink the water.
so please stop to assume on behalf of someone

You seem to be as rude as your daughter

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 13, 2017
Ishilove:
*sigh*

So much ado about nothing. The child is 3, for God's sakes. Smart and mouthy, and obviously has a good relationship with Mary. As she gets older it is left for her parents to mould her properly so that the mouthiness doesn't cross into the arena of tactlessness and rudeness. Shikena

It is a lie!! Is this not ishi of unwavering discipline?!?! Give the girl suplex for starters !!

The girls attitude is what she learnt from the op. The op has no respect or regard for Mary, and the child has picked this up. End of.

19 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by VocalWalls: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2017
I hope this teaches the OP a lesson. Don't go creating threads everywhere for silly things.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by rumenase(m): 8:31am On Nov 13, 2017
jaszplus12:
in correct English you say "lap" dogs lap and not lick water or any liquid as long as its in a bowl... but of course if your feeding a puppy with a bottle the puppy then drinks it. funny that most people say "I licked an orange " the correct thing to say is "I ate an orange" there's a lot more....
is suck they suck orange o like brezz

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by ken2baba(m): 8:32am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

I owe you no responsibility to declare to you my relationship with her, and please note is not all that stays with you is a maid if the person is not your biological child.
To your other question she said thank you, but complained how she was offered and made to drink the water.
so please stop to assume on behalf of someone
your daughter and d girl who is older
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by FarahAideed: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:
Conversation between my last daughter and the girl that stays with me.

My daughter : Mary please give me water

Mary : Chisom take water

My Daughter : Dont give me water like a dog, because dog dont drink water

Mary : Who told you?

My daughter: Dogs dont drink water they lick water

Since that time I have been confused ooh.
Abeg does dogs drink water or lick water?

What was this about please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet The Legesse Twins: Ruth & Kidy Mistaken As Conjoined Twins / Wife Has Never Put My Pix On Her Dp On My Birthdays Since 10yrs Of Marriage. / The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.