Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me (49154 Views)

A Yahooboy Wants To Marry My Daughter. What Should I Do? Elderly Man Asks (vid) / Lady Stays In The Same Room With Her Husband's Corpse For 3 Days In Ogun (Video) / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by mavinc4u(f): 8:34am On Nov 13, 2017
potbelly:
1.So the lady that "stays with you" is she a close or distant relative? And what is she doing in your house if she's none of the aforementioned... And what's is she to you and your family sir? Help clarify sir...

2. Your daughter was offered water, did she even bother to say thank you? But her response was don't give me water like a dog... What do you define that as sir?

she is called Nanny besides it depends on how the cup of water was handed to the kid. Respect they say is reciprocal.

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by legalgoon: 8:35am On Nov 13, 2017
Lord help Nigerians. They're the most delirious and judgemental folks on the planet. No one even answered the problem the thread was opened to resolve. Everybody just immediately turned to domestic counsellor. Well done all of you as una sabi pass.

Btw, the man has explained the relationship politely and the girl was merely inquisitive as most kids are and the edginess is nothing unexpected. You guys need exposure.

Peace.

8 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by FarahAideed: 8:35am On Nov 13, 2017
Op is obviously training another insensitive, uncouth and greedy Nigerian again and he is proud of it because he has mistaken his daughter uncouthness for intelligence

15 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by paulynpen(m): 8:35am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

Thanks for your observation.
I never called her a maid neither was my daughter rude to her, you just jumped into conclusion that she is a maid and my daughter was rude.
Dont assume what you dont know or sure of.
There is no assumption here, its written all over your statement. Your daughter was properly addressed and the other was not. Your daughter's language is a language of boss and subordinate, you putting it up here shows your approval. My dear no body will spank you if that's what operate in your home. Its your choice but don't try to tell us what we are seeing here is false

28 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

She believes dogs drink water from a bowl and she should not be drinking from a bowl when she has her cup
Sincerely u will not feel bad but still explain it to her that water can be drank from a bowl if that's all you have as at that time.
yes I did the explanation that you can drink water from any where as long as it is what you have.
now see i have read every thing.. u never mentioned that she was given water in bowl. Hmm .. now your saying what lead to why she said so..

Its fine baba.. u are too much
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by prestigiouslady: 8:37am On Nov 13, 2017
Na wa oo.
The child is 3, 3years old...she's smart, she said "dog licks water" not to spite the other person.
My 3years old daughter won't drink water from a bowl or cup, she drinks from her water bottle or a cup with lid/straw.
The baby was probably surprised Chisom gave her water in something different from what she is used to. She only observed and said the way she thought about it
If she was 8 and she told Chisom that, then she'll be corrected

My daughter said to my mum in a family gathering, "you're not my mummy, you're Didith(Edith's) mummy" so might have that rude but I see it as smart.

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by frankgreat(m): 8:38am On Nov 13, 2017
potbelly:
You should be more bothered about the way your daughter talked to the maid...
don't bring your problem to Nairaland...u will get the above response..am sure he is regretting asking you guys simple question...chai

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Ishilove: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2017
oyb:

It is a lie!! Is this not ishi of unwavering discipline?!?! Give the girl suplex for starters !!

The girls attitude is what she learnt from the op. The op has no respect or regard for Mary, and the child has picked this up. End of.
I am not that mean

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by masks(m): 8:39am On Nov 13, 2017
Op...your daughter was rude to the "GIRL" you mentioned offered her water.
you didn't state to us in your initial story if it was a bowl or cup she was served the water until someone here corrected you. then the story of the bowl came out which I found very hard to believe.
You shouldn't have even posted this story or news at all op.
I believe you would have scolded your daughter(corrected)her then corrected the girl too.
And also work on the way you talk to the girl because our little one will only behave the exact way they see us their parents behave......That's all about that......

14 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by paulynpen(m): 8:40am On Nov 13, 2017
legalgoon:
Lord help Nigerians. They're the most delirious and judgemental folks on the planet. No one even answered the problem the thread was opened to resolve. Everybody just immediately turned to domestic counsellor. Well done all of you as una sabi pass.

Btw, the man has explained the relationship politely and the girl was merely inquisitive as most kids are and the edginess is nothing unexpected. You guys need exposure.

Peace.
That's it! Exactly the problem. You believed the grammar problem is more important than the upbringing. Then we will grow to face another monster. Who knows if she will be one of Nigeria's presidents or senator. She has teacher in her school to correct her grammar but we have to do Justice to her character

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by ken2baba(m): 8:40am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

Thanks for asking a very good question and also thank you for your observations, now the little girl in question is 3 years , the girl staying with me put the water for her in a little bowl they use in feeding little kids and not in a cup which she uses. We have a dog that licks (laps) ( what I learnt today) from a bowl.
what made me pay more attention to them was when she kept on insisting that dogs dont drink water but lick (lap) it.
since she is just 3, she can act d way she acted

But make sure as she grows she will b taking water herself

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by psalmson001: 8:40am On Nov 13, 2017
bot101:

People sef, the guy owes you no explanation. Stop being a sissy. Anyways, you can now eat the explanation to your fill.

Buhahahahahaha......... Abi o. Poke nosers oshi.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 13, 2017
potbelly:
You should be more bothered about the way your daughter talked to the maid...

Lmao cheesy
Abi o.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 13, 2017
Ishilove:

I am not that mean

And she backs it up with another slap wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by RillJ(m): 8:41am On Nov 13, 2017
How are you raising your daughter? this should be your concern now.

6 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Faraidi(m): 8:41am On Nov 13, 2017
jaszplus12:
in correct English you say "lap"
dogs lap and not lick water or any liquid as long as its in a bowl...
but of course if your feeding a puppy with a bottle the puppy then drinks it.
funny that most people say "I licked an orange "
the correct thing to say is "I ate an orange"
there's a lot more....
you are WRONG. The correct word is I sucked the orange
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Ishilove: 8:41am On Nov 13, 2017
oyb:

And she backs it up with another slap wink cheesy
Hahahahahahaha!! You are becoming quite the troll cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Umartins1(m): 8:41am On Nov 13, 2017
last35:
I haven't come across a more useless post, op is dumb!
Very dumb

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Viccur(m): 8:42am On Nov 13, 2017
So after every every wha'ts the signficance of this thread?. The mod responsible for this ti gò ju

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by ken2baba(m): 8:42am On Nov 13, 2017
Mynd44:

Lets flip the script. If your daughter had told you "why are you giving me water like a dog?" will you find it offensive to you?

Oga d daughter in question is just 3
Dats y d man was surprised

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Luisema4luv(m): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2017
1.....People shouting she is only 3
1 small question i like to ask, is it until she is 20 u can start correct her?
2.......Frm d event u wrote up der ur daughter was a little rude which u can caution her without making her feel bad (cuz dat is wat u re trying to prevent)
3.......U hv an intelligent nd inquisitive daughter nd will advise u do well to mak sure she does nt lose it later in life.... U knw wat i meant
4.......finally op, b open to corrections, nobody is saying u shld kill ur daughter just correct her d right way

Remember train a child in d lord......

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by taurusmena1(m): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2017
I hope he answers this question with all sincerity and that's if he does answer the question. A child of 3yrs will be quick to say "I don't want this bowl,give me water with my cup" there is more to this story but the child sure needs to be called to order. The child already has a mindset of social stratification which is very bad at such a tender age.
Mynd44:

Lets flip the script. If your daughter had told you "why are you giving me water like a dog?" will you find it offensive to you?

15 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by yanshDoctor: 8:43am On Nov 13, 2017
while i was growing up. there was a guy all of us thought he was the eldest of the family. it never occurred to us that he was not our biological brother. all of us grown up to meet him in the house. including my brothers and sisters.

but when we find out he was not our biological brother but only staying with us. we all felt pains why he was not one of us.

i sees him as my brother, while growing up he fought for me in the area. bad boys in the area don't touch us because of our elder brother. and the bad guys in our area always ask us where is our elder brother. we should greet him when we get home.

the moral lesson is that how the parent treat anyone staying with them their biological children will find things out.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Luisema4luv(m): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2017
1.....People shouting she is only 3, one small question i like to ask, is it until she is 20 u can start correcting her?
2.......Frm d event u wrote up der ur daughter was a little rude which u can caution her without making her feel bad (cuz dat is wat u re trying to prevent)
3.......U hv an intelligent nd inquisitive daughter nd will advise u do well to mak sure she does nt lose it later in life.... U knw wat i meant
4.......finally op, b open to corrections, nobody is saying u shld kill ur daughter just correct her d right way

Remember train a child in d lord......

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 13, 2017
Haahahhahahahahhahahhahaahaahahahhahhahaahhahaahhhahahahahahhah, see thread grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by paulynpen(m): 8:45am On Nov 13, 2017
legalgoon:

Really?

Peace.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 8:46am On Nov 13, 2017
[quote author=barapistis post=62288149][/quote]

You are right. Humans don't need full information to operate. Give a man just 10% information about a situation, you will see him build on that and probably arrive at a logical and valid conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by bettercreature(m): 8:46am On Nov 13, 2017
last35:
I haven't come across a more useless post, op is dumb!
Just look at how they are debating on a 3years old innocent child
Allowing a 3years old to drink water from a bowl is infact dangerious

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by ElsonMorali: 8:47am On Nov 13, 2017
I guess the ultimate question is, What is this crap doing on front page? Is someone drunk this morning?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sorextee(m): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2017
Im not here to judge if d girl is rude or not... But to answer ur qst..
Dogs drink water by lapping it up with their tongues.
Most carnivorous animals drink watee by lapping..

5 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by ken2baba(m): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2017
Mynd44:

Let's be straigh here, your daughter was rude. It does not matter if Chisom is a maid or a nanny, rude is rude and I am bothered that you did not see the need to tell her to be a lil more polite to people.

You should teach your ward basic "please and thank you" also to be polite when requesting for thing. She could have requested for a cup and it is well but "am I a dog"? That escalated too quickly.

Also bothering is that children don't just come up with this thing, someone has been deneaning to Chisom in front of her and she js learning fast. Watch your daughter.

This is a friendly advice
oga stop all these your story just for a 3years old child

He even said he corrected her.

If you know much about children you will know dat there is a certain age when children are uncontrollable

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How This Picture Changed My Life For The Best / To My Future Wife / Funny Thing Your Spouse Did While You Were Quarreling That Got You Laughing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.