Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,887 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others (46116 Views)

Why Don't Rich Pastors Emphasize On This Bible Quote. / CONVID19: Message To Pastor E.A Adeboye & Others. Stop Using Covid19 To COMPETE / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by mjb05(m): 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2017
nzeobi:
rich lawyer how are you helping the poor. everyone now criticizes pastors and the church just to stay relevant.

why not attack Muslim who rather than invest their savings back in Nigeria, take it to foreign land annually to go and pray.
I believe u re mature so talk like 1
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by GREATESTPIANIST: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
sirugos:
why calling me mumu dear? Anyway thank u
kiddin o
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by gawu1: 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
nzeobi:
rich lawyer how are you helping the poor. everyone now criticizes pastors and the church just to stay relevant.

why not attack Muslim who rather than invest their savings back in Nigeria, take it to foreign land annually to go and pray.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by permit(m): 10:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Shoutout to Ibeyomie, that Port-Harcourt pastor that copied Oyedepo and Adeboye's strategy perfectly in Rivers State.

If your church has a founder's day, and the Man of God on the signboard, Jesus is the background.
may God forgive you. How did u come to be son of the satan when he dont even exist?
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by tobaseye: 10:19pm On Nov 11, 2017
arrestdarrester:
What is Falana himself doing for the poor? I'd like to know because last time I checked Falana is still earning and Adeboye has still refused to draw a salary from the RCCG.

Pastors are not on salary because they don't want to pay personal income tax. But deceiving yourself. They don't just want to give anything back to the society. They are just too greedy.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by gawu1: 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
nzeobi:

A thief was caught in the act at Abba market some days ago, and he said his accurser should leave him alone because there are other thieves roaming about at yaba market.
For your reminder, the matter arising of the passage is about opulent lives of pastors and the miserable live of the sheeples.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by tobaseye: 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
dallyemmy:
If he builds churches and these help the people to be morally upright then there would be less need to build more prisons like some"advanced countries"

Can you now beat your chest that as a result of the number of churches we have in the country today, we now have more morally upright people and the crime rate has reduced? We don't preach moral anymore in churches today but prosperity. Do you know that church members see their pastors as their mentor, as a result, they will do everything to emulate the opulence lifestyle of their GO. This has led to increasing crime rate. Everybody wants to be rich at all cost even if it will take them defrauding innocent people.

1 Like

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by gawu1: 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
jared007:
Its fellow "christians" that persecute MOG publicly? Wouldnt it ve been better if Falana had brought suggestions to the pastor privately?
Lol! If Falana had lambasted one of our political leader!
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by sonofluc1fer: 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
permit:
may God forgive you. How did u come to be son of the satan when he dont even exist?
I no even understand sef. grin
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by sonofluc1fer: 10:44pm On Nov 11, 2017
bionixs:
don't go and work hard bro. Na hate go kill you and keep you under your mates
Ok Bro. I will work harder.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by tobaseye: 10:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
tunjidachosen:
Ignorance at it peak. light dey redemption camp 24/7. Hospital dey, schools dey? and some other good facilities, all dat shiwawa and it's environ don dey develop because of the church. Government wey dey collect money for your hand give you light? All their dilapidated schools with the outdated curriculum and lazy lecturers na church fault abi? What research are our doctors and professional conducting? Na church cause am. Na church develop America and Europe abi? It's good sha, because you know the church is the light and you expect much from it. We should not expect anything from Islam except judgment, strive, hatred, criticism and death.

You just said it, bro. To whom much is given much is expected. These big pastors really dey fall hands. In the last 20 years or so most of these big churches have stopped helping their church members and the young men of God are now following their lifestyle. They now say "church is not a charity organization" when needy members approach them. It degenerated to this level because most of the pastors are same, no one to call them to order. If believers can't talk, the unbeliever will talk and that is exactly what we are experiencing today. I hope greediness won't cost them their ministry. There won't have been any need for this drama If they have been utilizing church money rightly in the first place. At least their works would have spoken for them. But alas, am so sorry for them. Nothing to show but riotous (opulent) living.

1 Like

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by aku626(m): 11:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
uyplus:

Point out the trash in his write up pls? Don't attack the messenger, attack the message! Defeat his argument with superior logic, that's if you have any! People get so emotional about religion, thinking manna will fall from heaven! No Nigerian church is a donor agency for public health projects, yet non Nigerian firms, owned by aethist CEOs like Bill gates are sending millions of dollars to Africa to help combat preventable diseases like polio, measles, Diphtheria! Not that rubbish in the name of outreaches! Pastoring is a call to mission and not a call to amass wealth! Jesus borrowed a colt, which is way lesser than a donkey to make his triumphant entry into Jerusalem, yet pastors these days are flying in private jets and living large off their worshippers! No church in Nigeria should have more than 1 branch! Please counter any of the salient points he has raised, so I can see how intelligent and smart you are!
And you’re saying this out of facts? No church is a donor bruh ignorance is a deadly I get your point but please I’d you don’t know chose your words carefully. I have not attacked the messenger but told him we’re independent he’s painting a picture as though the religion is the sole force that has brought us to this level. So what they’ve private jets and they’re doing nothing about the public sector they’re who have more and doing nothing as well so why not call them out as well. Our leaders are failing us period it’s not religion or tribalism or nothing bad leadership we keep flogging religious this or tribal that the prick talking can he defend a nobody on the street? Get a case today and plead with him to help if he’d but he’s pointing fingers if no one is offering a solution then everyone should shut up let those making waves talk. My anger is at Femi please
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by aku626(m): 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
We hate the truth what is the truth hold your leaders to ransome vote wisely religion isn’t helping then leave it alone hold on to your God. Stop blaming people for your misfortunes in life you won’t get anywhere trust me. If the govt was doing well how many people would rely on pastors take a queue from the developed countries.
We are blaming Nigerian pastors their foreign counterparts Are doing well even in a more stable economy so are the pastors the cause of no food in the land or jobs. Hold your leaders responsible

1 Like

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by nzeobi(m): 11:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
eflintsone:
where the sense here in all u jus said ... the church is meant to take care of the poors sir ... you and i know that
I don't know that the church provides the material needs of its members. please I need Bible quotations to back it up
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by nzeobi(m): 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
[quote author=Hussainmaaji post=62292243] So you always feels hurt anytime Muslims are going for religious duty in Saudi? Hope Christian too are going to Jerusalem more so they Christian invest their saving to America, UK Germany don't you know? This you na jealousy on Muslims will never end
jealous of what
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by nzeobi(m): 11:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
Because muslims don't deceive their followers

so imam shekau is saying the truth?
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by nzeobi(m): 11:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
tee4naija:

At least he doesn't collect tithes from anyone. He only charges people for services he renders to them.
did the people paying the tithe complain to him or ask him to be their lawyer?
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by nzeobi(m): 11:26pm On Nov 11, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I don't think u have the slightest idea about the duties of the church as explained n given in the Bible.
If u do, u won't have typed this reply
please tell I want to know
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by nzeobi(m): 11:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
sinceraconcept:
Igbo and codeine don destroy this one life
so anyone with contrary opinion is bad
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by nzeobi(m): 11:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
Lukasreagent:
All they know is to attack pastors
if they think it's not by grace, let them go and open their own church and show us example
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by nzeobi(m): 11:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
Dannys85:

He is not criticizing the church oga,he is talking about pastors.Nigerian pastors has make a mess of christianity.
become a pastor and effect the changes
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by cytell56: 11:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
sarrki:
Following

Muslim man, wetin concern you with Christian matter?
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Aragon: 12:19am On Nov 12, 2017
nzeobi:

why not attack those who rather invest their savings back in Nigeria, take it to foreign land annually to go and pray.
why is nobody talking about the religious leaders that are always found with human heads since they care about the wellbeing of the people.
any who feels it's that easy should open his church and collect tithes as well.

And you wonder why Nigeria is in it's current state. Somebody talks about bad Roads attacks come, "Why not talk about Bad Bread" Somebody talks about Herdsmen, another attack comes in "Why not talk about Catholics" Some body talks about people turning the Gospel of Christ into a business, Attacks Floods in "Why not talk about Dangote".... Have you ever sat down to think that different people address different issues as we all cant be addressing the same thing? Rather than Fault what Falana is saying you are attacking him for talking about a perceived mini god. Dont worry one day you might just wake up to find out every single available Building in Naija has been Converted to a Church yet the average person will still be starving..... Anyway we in the Diaspora will be watching the Drama Untill Nigerians decide to wake up and Speak up! Till then, let the Insults and attack continue

2 Likes

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 12, 2017
nzeobi:

please tell I want to know

Read ur Bible.
U have one.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by fatile(m): 1:16am On Nov 12, 2017
I have read so many comments about tithing and direct attacks on some men of God recently. My opinion is that anybody commenting on this issue should have a full knowledge of what they are saying before they make unfounded statements.
By the way to address the issue of tithing, malachi 3:8 makes it clear we should bring all tithes into the storehouse that there will be meet in the storehouse.
Remember the priest in this time dont even work. So its expresly clear the money will not be taken to heaven by God. It is for the welfare of the pastor and the progress of the gospel. And God himself said we should try him if he will not rebuke devourers for our sake.
Some people say this is old testament. And i say all scriptures is written by the inspiration of God and its profitable to direct.for doctrine, instruction and direction. You dont chose the one to obey.

I must admit that a lot of pastors have bastardized and commerciallized this, but to nail all pastors to the cross is not fair.

To put the record straight, a lot of people have accused pastor Adeboye of flying private jet, let it be on record that some members from america bought the jet in question.
If you personally know the sacrifices some of these people have made over the years , you will refrain from criticizing without genuine fact. You have no idea their covenant with God. What you are seeing today might be up to 40 years of service, and you expect God not to reward His own.

I have to say categoricaly here that even though a lot of churches are having a lot of welfare programmes that we are not aware of unless the ones we see on tv, the primary responsibility of the church is to preach the gospel and bring people to God not to build school or road. They don't collect tax, thats the work of our failed government.

On a final note, dont bring unnecessary curse on yourself and family by questioning Gods instruction and principle. You cannot use logic to interpret spiritual principle of tithing, let us be guided.

We that are paying it are not complaining because God has been good to us.

2 Likes

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by Champele(m): 1:33am On Nov 12, 2017
#freethesheeples
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by dallyemmy: 5:36am On Nov 12, 2017
tobaseye:

Can you now beat your chest that as a result of the number of churches we have in the country today, we now have more morally upright people and the crime rate has reduced? We don't preach moral anymore in churches today but prosperity. Do you know that church members see their pastors as their mentor, as a result, they will do everything to emulate the opulence lifestyle of their GO. This has led to increasing crime rate. Everybody wants to be rich at all cost even if it will take them defrauding innocent people.
The Church is expected to be a place where morally sound doctrines are preached.
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by tunary(m): 6:53am On Nov 12, 2017
roqrules04:
Someday the Poor will have nothing to eat but the Rich
Dino Melaye
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by KENZINCO(m): 8:03am On Nov 12, 2017
Mccollins042:
if you listen to fela's musics you would be wiser than this.... fela is a prophet

Have u ever wondered why the Lagos State government made a fela Statue without a head?

It takes only the wise yo see what's behind the vein
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by eflintsone(m): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2017
nzeobi:

I don't know that the church provides the material needs of its members. please I need Bible quotations to back it up
Christ is the foundation of the church and HIS major role was to help the needy(poor,sick,blind,hungry etc) ... i think i have said it all
Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by nwakaibeya1: 1:44am On Nov 13, 2017
Many people who claim to pay tithe &sow seeds in churches dont have genuine means of livelihood,looking at them spiritually where we dwell,people mostly do it thinking God will forgive their atrocities committed.

Paying tithes makes meaning if you have basic promises of Jesus Christ which is peace, light&unbeleivable power&Jesus knows you personally#do you sleep well at night after paying tithes,do evil people fear you?

We ask you the money you pay as tithe &seed sowing how genuine is it what is your source of money? If your source is Evil it's best you kept your money in your house hence, you are enriching the pastor or prophet who is not known to Jesus Christ &very many prophets& pastors who collect those tithes are not known to Jesus Christ &if as said it's offensive to you we are open to confrontation spiritually not like those daddy freeze who want physical debate ,no the things of spirit are not debated spiritually those who understand the spiritual knows where the battle field is not on social media.Be wise and know the truth that tithe is acceptable to Jesus Christ if your source is genuine spiritually and physically https:///hrDqzEC1zM

Re: Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others by destinable(m): 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
figure007:
hmmmmm.... When I first saw this post I was speechless... Didn't want to comment but I just think I have to... You people have no single idea what our pastors are doing to help people, is it because they don't show it openly on TV? Is it because they don't show it on papers like some churches would do? It's very funny when you guys criticise d church... Thank God d more you criticise the more the gate of hell can't prevail and the church is moving... You people have no single idea what they do to people.... I don't even know how to explain... God have mercy

**** Yeah, Pastors do help but I wonder why we never see or hear the beneficiaries telling their testimonies.

**** True, Pastors are not supposed to publicly recount their good works but there is no good deed done to any individual/community that won't be shared by the recipients, especially in this social media age.

As a Christian, I understand the urge to want to defend anything Church-related but lets be truthful to ourselves. Most Nigerian Pastors are more business oriented.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin? / Pastor Adeboye At Glory Dome For Dunamis' 25th Anniversary (photos/video) / How To Totally Overcome Spirit Wife & Husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.